facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Should Mushfiqur be stripped of captaincy?
Yes 57 41.01%
No 69 49.64%
Don't know 13 9.35%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 6, 2014, 03:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Best player doesnt make the best captain. And Shakibs suspension-the crotch gesture was just the tip of the iceberg. A captain is supposed to inspire the team. Not only with his own performance, but also with his attitude, discipline, work ethic etc. Shakib needs a bit of work to do in these areas before he should be once again considered for captaincy.

But agree a more hands on involved coach might make a difference.
Old March 6, 2014, 06:18 AM
Test Cricketer

Mushfiq can be used only as batsman. He is very bad a captain and so so as wicket keeper.
Old March 6, 2014, 09:44 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

his captaincy is going from bad to worse..The worse On field captain BD has ever had..i dont care what nana says..its a fact..even others on cricinfo thinks so

Jess: "Very poor captaincy from Rahim. Has allowed SL to work their way ahead again. Why hold back your best bowler? Run rate is irrelevant - need wickets. Instead he bowls expensive pacer in Rubel, and a part-time spinner."

Last edited by Night_wolf; March 6, 2014 at 10:22 AM..
Old March 6, 2014, 09:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Unbelievably bad captaincy by Mushfiqur, he is solely responsible for Bangladesh's loss in all the recent close matches... Infact he might be the worst captain in modern cricket history. He just goes on with the motion, has some set theory in mind, to bring certain bowlers at certain times... A 13/14 year old kid have better cricketing brain than him.

Last edited by imtiaz82; March 6, 2014 at 02:05 PM..
Old March 6, 2014, 09:57 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

The right bowler at the right time is a somewhat debatable issue but the field setting? Not quite. Mushfiq made no attempt to cut the singles either during the middle overs despite the paltry asking rate. This is typical of his blind adherence to the script. I don't think one ever learns from an oft repeated mistake when it's not recognized as one to begin with.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 6, 2014, 10:22 AM
Test Cricketer

YES! He is a disgrace to the cricketing world.. Just because someone is a great batsman and hard working individual doesn't mean he will also be good as a leader.
Old March 6, 2014, 10:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tendo, Shakib, Gilchrist

Bowling changes have been good but too defensive fields being set is the sole reason why we are sick and tired of his captaincy. He is a good leader but poor tactician.
Old March 6, 2014, 10:33 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
He is a good leader but poor tactician.
its like saying, "Chele ta basically bhalo, khali majhe majhe bondu-der shathe ektu aktu modd khai."
Old March 6, 2014, 10:35 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
its like saying, "Chele ta basically bhalo, khali majhe majhe bondu-der shathe ektu aktu modd khai."
chele 99% ok..ai aktu nightclub e jay r ki
Old March 6, 2014, 10:46 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
The classic example is Bachchan's dialog in "Sholay."
Old March 6, 2014, 10:51 AM
Cricket Sage

Buro Bhai, Sholay-te Bachchan ki bolechilo?
Old March 6, 2014, 10:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tendo, Shakib, Gilchrist

Quote:
Just to clarify that when i meant he was a good leader means that he is able inspire the team into performing well like I have mentioned. However, he is not the best of tacticians around, actually inferior to most captains.

So overall as a captain he is mediocre. Unfortunately, we do not have anyone to replace.

However a question. Do we have an alternative

-Nasir? He will be a big joke like his performance and commitment during recent matches
-Riad? lol
-Tamim?
Razzak
Mashrafee- Ah who could forget his brilliant captaincy involving not giving any overs to Sakib and Sunny during the T20 match. Gets injured too often anyways.

Shakib is a good option for captaincy but we all know he wants a bit of freedom
Old March 6, 2014, 11:00 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:

-Nasir? He will be a big joke like his performance and commitment during recent matches
-Riad? lol
-Tamim?
Razzak
Mashrafee- Ah who could forget his brilliant captaincy involving not giving any overs to Sakib and Sunny during the T20 match. Gets injured too often anyways.

Actually nasir would have been a good captain only if he can regain his form back with hard work and dedication. His work ethics and dedication is currently in question and hopefully he will address that. His leadership quaity was always apprent.

He leaD weaker team AS CAPTAIN and beat the stronger team (mostly national players) in mutippe times in warmup games before SL series. So he has what it takes to be a leader and a captain, only that he needs to work harder and get his form back before consideration of any kind of additional responsibility. he is still young, and time is on his side.
Old March 6, 2014, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Buro Bhai, Sholay-te Bachchan ki bolechilo?
Here is a video excerpt.
Old March 6, 2014, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Just to clarify that when i meant he was a good leader means that he is able inspire the team into performing well like I have mentioned. However, he is not the best of tacticians around, actually inferior to most captains.

So overall as a captain he is mediocre. Unfortunately, we do not have anyone to replace.

-Riad? lol
-Tamim?
Razzak

Actually, I did not fully agree with Mash on that occasion, but I am willing to live with someone who is willing to think.

As of now, we can only hope that the youngsters have it. I think a different young one should be the VC in each format and groomed for captaincy.
Old March 6, 2014, 11:25 AM

Mushfiq tends to lose the match during the 21-35th overs. He cannot leave his predetermined plans, if they don't work.
Old March 6, 2014, 11:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: will let you know after

We lost 8 ODI matches now under mushy since his been captain as a fielder.
Mushy isnt the best of fielders has quite a poor throw.
Mushy needs to get behind the stumps for LOIs - it feels like we wont never win this year at ODI's with him being the captain as a fielder.
Old March 6, 2014, 04:40 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Bangladesh in 50 years

At least give Shakib captaincy for T20...
Old March 6, 2014, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan2k8
We lost 8 ODI matches now under mushy since his been captain as a fielder.
Mushy isnt the best of fielders has quite a poor throw.
Mushy needs to get behind the stumps for LOIs - it feels like we wont never win this year at ODI's with him being the captain as a fielder.
He is not that great as a keeper. Why does he not play as the slip fielder?
Old March 6, 2014, 07:26 PM

When defending a small total, one has to attack. Zia was getting awkward bounces. Mathews was beaten on one and gave a simple catch to first slip. Only that Mushfiqur did not have a slip in place.

This wicket could have been the difference.
Old March 7, 2014, 01:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Shak, Enam, Riyad

he needs a vice captain... A permanent one who can assist him. The ODI series and the Asia Cup, he didnt have a proper vice captain and I feel like its part of the reason why his captaincy has gone down. His captaincy was easily better just a few months ago against the Kiwis.

I feel like there is no one to stop him on field from taking a wrong decision, no second opinion. One could argue that the senior players can assist him but when someone has the vice captain tag next to them, it gives them more authority. I saw Shakib doing well with Mash as they were discussing a lot of things. When Mushy is captain, i dont see that very often.

I know people are gonna yell at me for this but i feel like, the Mushy-Riyad duo worked well. they have a good relationship and i feel like when Riyad was around, Mushy made less errors... (results show it anyways)

It would have been great if Mushy and Shakib worked together.... Both are natural leaders and by working together, they cancel out each others weakness. But sadly it doesnt happen. Shakib, I believe does not want to assist.
Old March 7, 2014, 01:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shk/Mus/Momi/Nas/Mas/Rub

why didn't he bowled a single over by mominul, when sunny was conceding bit runs in middle overs? does rahim's brain get freezed sometime that he cannot remember who are in his team and what they are able/capable of??
Old March 7, 2014, 05:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

I guess I have seen the worst ever now. And I thought haba or ash was the worst. We have no chance as long as he remains as the captain. He will bring the defeat from the jaws of victory. He needs to see the videotape of matches and listens to what commentators were saying about his terrible captaincy throughout the matches. Honestly we are better off even with mominul being the captain. Like someone says even 13 or 14 year old has more cricket acumen than him.

I don't think there is anyone left who can do worse than him. We are 20 times better without having any captain at all. I would blame Shane first to let all this fiasco happen to begin with.
Old March 7, 2014, 05:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtiaz82
Unbelievably bad captaincy by Mushfiqur, he is solely responsible for Bangladesh's loss in all the recent close matches... Infact he might be the worst captain in modern cricket history. He just goes on with the motion, has some set theory in mind, to bring certain bowlers at certain times... A 13/14 year old kid have better cricketing brain than him.
You said it all.
Old March 7, 2014, 05:46 AM
Cricket Legend

I don't know why some people see him as a good leader! I don't see any good leadership skill in him. He openly blames his own players all the time instead of protecting them, blames selectors when infact he has the freedom to pick final 11, blames the pitches when he gets the types of pitches he wants. His nepotism is obvious which maybe creating grouping in the team. But most importantly it appears he does not really know how to use his resources efficiently. To defend a small total he can't hold back his main bowler. Last match he did not give Zia a single over who probably could have won the match and this time he did not bowl mominul while sunny was being expensive. Sometimes I feel he can't even think properly....