facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 8, 2012, 01:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Default Solution for Top Order?

The problem seems to be far from over. Mushfiq, Riyad, Nasir, Naeem can make the team as decent middle order batsmen, and that's where they should should stay (#4 and down).

We played musical chair this series with ZS, SN, and Omi, and I don't see any reason to call any of them back.

Anam also needs to be protected, at least for next year or so. IMO, he should come one down, not as an opener.

At this point, I see Imrul as an stop gap option, to open with Tamim. Hopefully Anam will become solid with time, and take up opener slot eventually, leaving the #3 slot to be taken by a new comer.

Old December 8, 2012, 01:43 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

This....
1) Tamim
2) Anamul
3) Shakib (Shak has to bat at 3 or at 7)
4) Mushy (He should stay at 4)
5) Riyad (Experienced matters, proved it and he is the perfect man for no 5)
6) Nasir (Was never a fan of him going up the order....his avg and most of his gd innings came from at 4)
7) Mominul
8)Gazi
9) Mash
10) Shafiul (impressive comeback)
11) Lalla

12) Jahirul/Kayes, 13, Rubel, 14) Nazmul/Zia, 15) Sunny/Zia

or this, where Mominul will miss out:

1) TIK
2) IK
3) Anam ( i want him at 3 too)
4) Shakib
5) Mushy
6) Riyad
7) Nasir
8) Gazi
9) Mash
10) shaiful
11) Lalla

12) Mominul, 13, Rubel, 14) Nazmul/Jahirul/Zia, 15) Sunny/Zia/Jahirul

Mominul can be back up for anyone between 3-8
Old December 8, 2012, 01:46 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Tin nombor lavoler kuch lagbay.
Old December 8, 2012, 01:46 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

I prefer to drop Tamim until he gets his act together but that's not going to happen. I sort of understand what you're saying and for me this is Bangladesh's ideal line-up for ODIs:

01.Tamim (118 ODI matches)
02.Imrul (48 ODI matches)
03.Anamul (5 ODI matches)
04.Shakib (126 ODI matches)
05.Rahim (113 ODI matches)
06.Mahmudullah (85 ODI matches)
07.Nasir (19 ODI matches)
08.Gazi (5 ODI matches)
09.Mortaza (128 ODI matches))
10.Razzak (138 ODI matches)
11.Nazmul/Rubel/Shafiul/Abul (38,38,46 & 2 ODI matches)

This is the team but the middle order slot may change depending on the situation. Mominul Haque is promising but need to take time away and work on a few things so he can come back stronger. If we're playing on seaming tracks then 3 fast bowlers are needed in the line-up in place of a spinner.

This line-up above is not only very young still but also have lots of experience and that's what both Riyad and Rahim did today. These players can guide our Gazi, Anamul, Nasir etc.
Old December 8, 2012, 01:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Nadim, I like your second team. Not too sure about Momin yet though. There was a lot of hype about Rocky's temperment too, but he was eventually found lacking at top level.

Not writing off Momin, by any means. But I think he should be sent back to the academy for more polishing.
Old December 8, 2012, 02:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

My ODI XIV:
Tamim
Imrul
Bijoy
Shakib
Mushy
Riyad
Nasir
Mashrafe
Shohag
Nazmul
Razzak

Mominul
Shafiul
Rubel
Old December 8, 2012, 04:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

It is wonderful to see such amazing competition among-st our players which can only drive us to become the best. so if you do not perform for three matches in a row, you are of the team as we saw with Naeem Islam(would still keep him for tests only though)

Solutions? We need to play Tests/ODI's consistently. Even if we have a super hectic heavy schedule, we now have the luxury of resting players and rotating them. I believe currently there are a core group of 15-20 players who are either in the national team or knocking the door. We should increase our quota of matches in the FTP more. To start off, we should not have an (ODI/Test) break in the international calendar for more than three months

Here are the current group of players in and out of the national team:

1. Tamim
2. Imrul Kayes
3. Anamul Haque
4. Shakib al Hasan
5. Riyad
6. Rahim
7. Mortaza
8. Sohag Gazi
9. Ziaur Rahman
10. Elias Sunny
11. Abdur Razzak
12. Enamul Haque jr.
13. Mominul Haque
14. Shafiul Islam
15. Nazmul Hossain
16. Rubel Hossain
17. Abul Hasan Raju
18. Naeem Islam
19. Nasir Hossain

Recent Discards: Nazimuddin, Ashraful, Nafees, Siddique(go back to A team and perform)

Talent pool outside of the national team that needs to be groomed properly: Marshall Ayub, Nur Hossain Munna, Kamrul Islam Rabbi, Al Amin Hossain, Alauddin Babu, Mehrab Hossain jr., Abu Jayed, Shubhogoto Hom, Farhad Reza, Sabbir Rahman Rumman,Talha Jubair(consistently keep these guys in touch with the A team/Academy team)

that's a total of 34 players!

That's not a bad bunch to work with! you have a solid mixture of experience and raw talent. To reiterate, we can easily rotate players like India does many a times if and when we increase the number of games we play per year as we should if we are to become a major force in world cricket. we need to start touring South Africa, Australia, India to beat them at their home turf...only then we can convince critics and cricket pundits alike that Bangladesh has come of age and not just a flash in the pan anymore.

Last edited by Rifat; December 8, 2012 at 06:39 PM.. Reason: forgot about Alauddin Babu, Mehrab jr.
Old December 8, 2012, 04:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

I should add that our players have a historically disturbing habit of reaching complacency after Stardom. We have seen it with far too many players. This disease may even be infecting guys like Anamul and Mominul and certainly Tamim. Everyone should play with this mentality that your spot in the team is never secured. you should realize that the moment you lose form, there is someone else ready to take your position. Players like Naeem Islam knows how hard can it be to come back to the national team to attract the attention of selectors after being dropped for poor performance. With this mentality, I personally believe we can eventually solve our top order problem...
Old December 8, 2012, 04:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Let me take back what I earlier said about Nasir - he is a batsman of quality and should not be left at #7 for long. He is a strong contender to take up the #3 slot. But that means he needs a whole lot of conditioning against fast bowlers/fast bowling machines.

Also, I like to see Marshal/Sabbir in the #7 slot in a year.
Old December 8, 2012, 04:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Jahirul is a valuable slip fielder, we need to keep him in the mix.
Old December 8, 2012, 04:59 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Shakib should bat at #3 in ODI and T20. As the best limited over batsman of the side, he should have the opportunity to bat as many overs as possible.
Old December 8, 2012, 06:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

i think we have our main bulk of players, i'd have shuvagata and maybe marshall ayub as back up batters and babu as pace allrounder and i think that's the squad we should move forward with.
Old December 8, 2012, 06:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Tamim in 118 matches avgs less than 30
Old December 8, 2012, 06:19 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

Marshall Ayub is an interesting young player an all-rounder but this time can bowl leg spin.
Old December 8, 2012, 06:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
i think we have our main bulk of players, i'd have shuvagata and maybe marshall ayub as back up batters and babu as pace allrounder and i think that's the squad we should move forward with.
Totally agree with u. Shuvagoto--- not much but other two must.Marshall and alauddin babu

Imrul kayes definitely deserve come back, he is doing all his best to come back to the team. Marshall ayub and mehrab jr is doing well too

Pacer: rethink of talha jubair, before giving chance to any unknown 18 yr old newcomer.

Bcb select pacer based on their age. When they become mature, experienced and better bowler, they never get chance.

Eg, talha, tariq aziz, tapash.
Old December 8, 2012, 06:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
Shakib should bat at #3 in ODI and T20. As the best limited over batsman of the side, he should have the opportunity to bat as many overs as possible.
I agree. At lowest, he should bat at #4. The way I see it, Anam's natural position is one-down. Everyone criticizing him for failing should realize that even playing out of position, on debut, and with nervous technique, in his less favored format he still scored 200 runs at nearly 40 a pop with a big ton. Guys who have seen Anam before like Coach Pont wouldn't have raved about him with that shoddy technique that we saw. That wasn't the real Anam.

I would select the follow lineup:

Tamim
another opener (Soumya, SN, Ash)
Anamul
Shakib
Mushfiq
Riyad
Nasir
Gazi
Mashrafee
Razzak
Rubel/Nazmul/Shafiul/Abul

Others who could be kept in the mix:

Hom, Zia, Enam Jr, Mominul, Asif

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 8, 2012, 08:44 PM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

In the next series I want to see the same top 3 as today. Although I would've preferred it if Anamul and Jahurul swapped positions. Not sure if Jahurul is our long term #3 but that position is an area of concern.
Old December 8, 2012, 09:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

the squads should be made up of these guys:

1 tamim
2 anamul
3 shakib
4 mushy
5 nasir
6 riyad
7 mominul
8 shuvagata
9 marshall ayub
10 babu
11 gazi
12 sunny
13 razzak
14 mash
15 rubel
16 nazmul
17 abul/shafiul etc
18 naeem (but only for tests)

prospects: soumya sarkar, tasamul, shabbir, taskin, enamul, al amin, abu jayed, sajidul, nur, kazi kamrul, kamrul rabbi, zia.

i think with batting we pretty much have the right combination, the only ones missing are shuvagata and marhsall, they should be the back-ups. soumya has struggled a lot lately plus hasn't even scored a ton and is even batting down the order, he's still a really strong opening prospect though.

bowling is pretty good to, i think we have our spin combination set with shakib, gazi, sunny and razzak (in limited over formats) with enamul being the back-up.

pacers are more set in limited overs than tests with mash, rubel and nazmul all being decent in the shorter formats and shafiul not such a bad back-up but still prospects coming through especially in the longer format.
Old December 8, 2012, 09:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Nasir, Riyad, Mushy are all pretty much walking wickets at number 3 really early on in the innings when the new ball is moving around a bit. Maybe in home/sub continent condition they might get away with it from time to time, but come WC 2015 in Australia they will walk in to bat and get out in matter of minutes.

Imrul is also a pretty much walking wicket at the top a lot of the time, but despite all this issues I still think we are better off pursuing with him as Tamim's opener and pushing Bijoy down to number 3. I think I read in one interview this is the position bijoy prefers to bat at anyway. Shakib should bat at number 4. I think batting Tamim and Shakib one after another is a recipe for disaster. It might work in T20, but in ODI when a lot of the time we are 1 down within 2/3 overs I don't really want to see Tamim and Shakib both going after the bowling and getting themselves out and leaving the rest of our already fragile top order to play catch up for the rest of the game.

Riyad should to bat at number 5, whether he likes it or not. He is a much more capable and responsible batsman than he was before, and we'll get so much more out of him if he is able to bat with Shakib.
Old December 9, 2012, 02:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

What are the necessary things to become a top order?
Sharp reflex has no alteration
Those who have sharp reflex in the team:
In my observation
1. Shakib
2. Tamim
3.Ash
4.Anamul
5.SN
6. Imrul
7. Nasir
So all of the above have prerequisite to become a top order.
ODI
#2: Potential Candidate list: 1. Anamul 2. Imrul 3. SN 4. Ash
#3: Potential candidate list: 1. Shakib 2.Anamul 3. SN
So I want to try this line up :
1. Tamim
2. Anamul/ Imrul
3. Shakib
4. Nasir
5. Mushy
6. Riyad
7. . . . Finding an explosive finisher.
Old December 9, 2012, 02:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
What are the necessary things to become a top order?
Sharp reflex has no alteration
Those who have sharp reflex in the team:
In my observation
1. Shakib
2. Tamim
3.Ash
4.Anamul
5.SN
6. Imrul
7. Nasir
So all of the above have prerequisite to become a top order.
ODI
#2: Potential Candidate list: 1. Anamul 2. Imrul 3. SN 4. Ash
#3: Potential candidate list: 1. Shakib 2.Anamul 3. SN
So I want to try this line up :
1. Tamim
2. Anamul/ Imrul
3. Shakib
4. Nasir
5. Mushy
6. Riyad
7. . . . Finding an explosive finisher.
SN and sharp reflex?
Old December 9, 2012, 02:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Top order in tests:
Test opening is a specialized job.Anamul seems not ready to open at test level.So we have no option left other than Imrul or Jahurul. Despite having a good FC average(36) Jahurul has not been tested in test level adequetly. I want to give him some chances.
So my team in test:
1. Tamim
2. Jahirul/ Imrul
3. Anamul
4.Naeem
5. Mushy
6. Shakib
7. Riyad
Old December 9, 2012, 02:30 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

The word is "alternative".
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old December 9, 2012, 02:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
SN and sharp reflex?
He dont have very good reflex but His reflex is not bad as well so i put him in the middle. His main problem is foot work and shot selection.
Old December 9, 2012, 03:13 AM
Cricket Legend

I am observing top order of other countries who visited Bangladesh in recent times. I followed most of the top order of WI specially in tests in last 4/5 tests against us. My observation is our main problem is ball selection and leaving deliveries. Our boys are too poor in leaving deliveries outside the off stump. They always try to play all the deliveries they get outside the off.
There is no other way leaving good deliveries outside the off stump in test cricket. we will not get success in tests unless our boys learn it.