facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2276  
Old December 8, 2012, 12:36 PM
shuziburo's Avatar
shuziburo shuziburo is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Dhaka / NYC Metro Area
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Posts: 9,082

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindieFan
Not true, and people should refrain from saying that because we had Dwayne Bravo, Ramdin and Charles missing from this series.
Did you see Sammy make excuses? He might have many faults, but is a top 10 all-rounder and a great captain.
__________________
প্রথম বাংলাদেশ আমার শেষ বাংলাদেশ, জীবন বাংলাদেশ আমার মরন বাংলাদেশ।
Reply With Quote
  #2277  
Old December 8, 2012, 12:36 PM
Razi's Avatar
Razi Razi is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 8, 2008
Location: BanglaCricket.com
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Posts: 4,674

Mushy being MOS wasn't that bad a decision now that I think more of it, he is the highest run-scorer in the series and contributed in all our 3 wins with the bat, also got 7 dismissals to boost with.
__________________
''I go out to field as if I'm entering the boxing ring and there's no place for the guy who comes second best there.''
– Shakib Al Hasan, World's No-1 Allrounder
Reply With Quote
  #2278  
Old December 8, 2012, 12:39 PM
kalpurush's Avatar
kalpurush kalpurush is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 7, 2005
Location: Victoria: Heaven's Earth!
Posts: 17,016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi
Mushy being MOS wasn't that bad a decision now that I think more of it, he is the highest run-scorer in the series and contributed in all our 3 wins with the bat, also got 7 dismissals to boost with.


This achievement will boost Myshy a lot and will help shape him to be a better one IMHO.
__________________
> Start slow. Build a base. Then explode.
> I needed to perform so that I could give my countrymen an occasion to cherish and be proud of - Ice Man
> My photographs @ flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/obayedh/
Reply With Quote
  #2279  
Old December 8, 2012, 12:40 PM
shuziburo's Avatar
shuziburo shuziburo is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Dhaka / NYC Metro Area
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Posts: 9,082

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindieFan
Anyway i came here when we won the tests and won the two odi's so i'll come here in defeat too, well done to the home team, in all honesty i thought we threw it away today with both the bat and the ball, you can't be 150 odd for 3 and not get over 217, thats just pathetic, they changed the team and brought in Russell and he was the difference in us losing imo, because though Smith was terrible with the bat he bowled tight overs, and with Russell giving away 51 runs it really cost us,

Gayle also was garbage and another reason why we lost this series, coming back from 2-0 down showed that we had heart, but when the senior men was asked to stand up again they just didn't, Sammy also showed his true colours today, one day good and then five days crap,

I really don't know what Bangladesh can learn from this, it's a confidence boost but apart from Riyad and Rahim who really stood up with the bat? the young opener started brightly but got totally found out once Roach got hold of him, Tamim failed again, naem failed aswell, so not much came out of the batting, in the bowling Gazi done ok, and the left-armer, but still no pacer made a big impact,

It will be interesting to see how you fare against Sri-lanka, they'll be used to the spin so how Bangladesh deal with that will be interesting to see, all in all i'm disappointed by todays defeat but i can't complain about whats happened to us this year, we've done much more than i expected, but again well done for the victory.
Please, no sour grapes.
__________________
প্রথম বাংলাদেশ আমার শেষ বাংলাদেশ, জীবন বাংলাদেশ আমার মরন বাংলাদেশ।
Reply With Quote
  #2280  
Old December 8, 2012, 12:41 PM
shuziburo's Avatar
shuziburo shuziburo is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Dhaka / NYC Metro Area
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Posts: 9,082

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindieFan
If they played i don't believe we lose this series in all honesty.
If they played and Shakib played, we would have won. And not 3-2.
__________________
প্রথম বাংলাদেশ আমার শেষ বাংলাদেশ, জীবন বাংলাদেশ আমার মরন বাংলাদেশ।
Reply With Quote
  #2281  
Old December 8, 2012, 12:43 PM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 41,909

Thnk you Roni UK bhai for a memorable thread
__________________
Kholi: I hated being on the bench and not playing
our gadhas: I love being on the bench as im getting paid anyway
Reply With Quote
  #2282  
Old December 8, 2012, 12:48 PM
oronnya oronnya is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 19, 2011
Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid
Posts: 3,711

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
A bonus win right there...!!!
he he
__________________
"Shakib Al Hasan to Azhar Ali, OUT, a beauty from the Bangladeshi Superman! Shakib gets the runs, Shakib gets the wickets. " CI
Reply With Quote
  #2283  
Old December 8, 2012, 12:52 PM
shuziburo's Avatar
shuziburo shuziburo is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Dhaka / NYC Metro Area
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Posts: 9,082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi
Mushy being MOS wasn't that bad a decision now that I think more of it, he is the highest run-scorer in the series and contributed in all our 3 wins with the bat, also got 7 dismissals to boost with.
Riyad also contributed with the ball. And, did not drop catches. My MoS is Riyad.
__________________
প্রথম বাংলাদেশ আমার শেষ বাংলাদেশ, জীবন বাংলাদেশ আমার মরন বাংলাদেশ।
Reply With Quote
  #2284  
Old December 8, 2012, 01:01 PM
WindieFan WindieFan is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 12, 2012
Posts: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
Please don't make excuses. We also were missing a player. The best player in our team. But, the rest of the team managed to make up for him.
It's not an "excuse", it's a fact, Roach also missed two of the games for whatever reason and lord knows what would have happened had he played all five.
Reply With Quote
  #2285  
Old December 8, 2012, 01:02 PM
WindieFan WindieFan is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 12, 2012
Posts: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
If they played and Shakib played, we would have won. And not 3-2.
Yes, because Shakib made the difference in the tests right?
Reply With Quote
  #2286  
Old December 8, 2012, 01:17 PM
mij mij is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: September 21, 2004
Location: London, UK
Posts: 2,516

highlight link please?
Reply With Quote
  #2287  
Old December 8, 2012, 01:19 PM
MohammedC MohammedC is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: April 15, 2007
Location: Manchester,UK
Favorite Player: bhujee kom
Posts: 22,439

My first post in this thread. Congratulation Bangladesh Cricket Team
__________________
I love Bangladesh cricket and that's why I found BanglaCricket.com
Reply With Quote
  #2288  
Old December 8, 2012, 01:21 PM
kalpurush's Avatar
kalpurush kalpurush is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 7, 2005
Location: Victoria: Heaven's Earth!
Posts: 17,016

Quote:
Originally Posted by mij
highlight link please?
It will be here soon! A good one too

http://mycrickethighlights.com/west-...st-day-4-2012/
__________________
> Start slow. Build a base. Then explode.
> I needed to perform so that I could give my countrymen an occasion to cherish and be proud of - Ice Man
> My photographs @ flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/obayedh/
Reply With Quote
  #2289  
Old December 8, 2012, 01:22 PM
kalpurush's Avatar
kalpurush kalpurush is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 7, 2005
Location: Victoria: Heaven's Earth!
Posts: 17,016

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
It will be here soon! A good one too

http://mycrickethighlights.com/west-...st-day-4-2012/

It is there..

http://mycrickethighlights.com/west-...ghlights-2012/
__________________
> Start slow. Build a base. Then explode.
> I needed to perform so that I could give my countrymen an occasion to cherish and be proud of - Ice Man
> My photographs @ flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/obayedh/
Reply With Quote
  #2290  
Old December 8, 2012, 01:30 PM
RazabQ's Avatar
RazabQ RazabQ is offline
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 25, 2004
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 10,099

Frankly this was a case of which inconsistant team would lose it first. Both teams dropped catches. Both teams gave away extras galore. Both teams collapsed. Fans of Windies will be right in pointing out that "they gave it away" but that same argument can me made of BD as well. What some will call as flailing against quality pace bowling can be turned around and said as flailing against quality restrictive spin bowling. So basically we have two very flawed teams.

So, who should take away more from the 3-2 margin? Undoubtedly Bangladesh.

First, they won. Maybe we only won because the opponent sucked more than us, but a series win is a series win.

Two, its about building a mindset of "we belong". We are only a few years removed from our national players asking their opponents for an autograph! Can you ever imagine an Aussie doing that? This and the Asia cup run is all about instilling in the team the surefire belief that in our own backward, come who may - T20 champion with some of the biggest hitters in the world, or a Kiwis or Lankas, we will win. That we will win the ODI series.

This mindset gain is the first step - become hard to beat at home and win more than your fair share. Then you become unbeatable in home. Then you become hard to beat abroad. Then you win abroad. With Bangladesh's nascent cricketing culture and infrastructure and endemic corruption, we HAVE to take a longish view. We will probably not be a decent Test side for another 20 years. Doesn't mean we can't enjoy the small process milestones aka small victories.
Reply With Quote
  #2291  
Old December 8, 2012, 01:34 PM
Haradhon Haradhon is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: July 19, 2004
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 1,699

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindieFan
Anyway i came here when we won the tests and won the two odi's so i'll come here in defeat too, well done to the home team, in all honesty i thought we threw it away today with both the bat and the ball, you can't be 150 odd for 3 and not get over 217, thats just pathetic, they changed the team and brought in Russell and he was the difference in us losing imo, because though Smith was terrible with the bat he bowled tight overs, and with Russell giving away 51 runs it really cost us,

Gayle also was garbage and another reason why we lost this series, coming back from 2-0 down showed that we had heart, but when the senior men was asked to stand up again they just didn't, Sammy also showed his true colours today, one day good and then five days crap,

I really don't know what Bangladesh can learn from this, it's a confidence boost but apart from Riyad and Rahim who really stood up with the bat? the young opener started brightly but got totally found out once Roach got hold of him, Tamim failed again, naem failed aswell, so not much came out of the batting, in the bowling Gazi done ok, and the left-armer, but still no pacer made a big impact,

It will be interesting to see how you fare against Sri-lanka, they'll be used to the spin so how Bangladesh deal with that will be interesting to see, all in all i'm disappointed by todays defeat but i can't complain about whats happened to us this year, we've done much more than i expected, but again well done for the victory.
It was pleasure to compete against the (once mighty) West Indies (of the Seventies) and prove that we are improving. For you to join this forum with us in itself is an achievement for us. I am old enough to see the W-Indies of Viv Richards-Llyod-Marshall-Holding-Roberts-Greenige-Haynes rule the world for a while uncontested in the Seventies and Eighties.

It is with a lot of humility that I embrace a cricket fan like you to be part of this forum. We all won at the end. As a grade school boy in the Seventies I would only imgine that some day my country would win a series against the WI.

Ignore the comment that are made out of emotion by some members. See you again
Reply With Quote
  #2292  
Old December 8, 2012, 01:36 PM
shuridh's Avatar
shuridh shuridh is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: October 16, 2011
Location: Mymensingh
Favorite Player: SHAKIB AL HASAN
Posts: 787

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindieFan
Yes, because Shakib made the difference in the tests right?
Test and odi different thing.
Shakib Avr.35 with bat and 28 with bowl in odi.
Shakib takes 4 wicket against wi in 2011 in last odi also score 65 runs in 1st odi in 2011.
Shakib perform superbly against sl,ind and win match in asia cup.
He was superb against pakistan too.
compare shakib odi batting record alone with ramdin or bravo.
And bowling ramdin,bravo sr no where near him.
He is our best odi batsman,best odi bowler and briliant filder.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #2293  
Old December 8, 2012, 01:40 PM
One World's Avatar
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Charlie Chaplin
Posts: 16,584

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuridh
Test and odi different thing.
Shakib Avr.35 with bat and 28 with bowl in odi.
Shakib takes 4 wicket against wi in 2011 in last odi also score 65 runs in 1st odi in 2011.
Shakib perform superbly against sl,ind and win match in asia cup.
He was superb against pakistan too.
compare shakib odi batting record alone with ramdin or bravo.
And bowling ramdin,bravo sr no where near him.
He is our best odi batsman,best odi bowler and briliant filder.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Nicely summed up.
__________________
Human mind has all the power, when your mind is grind grit wins the battle. Go Bangladesh. Be the world number one in Test Ranking.
Reply With Quote
  #2294  
Old December 8, 2012, 02:27 PM
SS SS is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 24, 2004
Posts: 9,144

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Frankly this was a case of which inconsistant team would lose it first. Both teams dropped catches. Both teams gave away extras galore. Both teams collapsed. Fans of Windies will be right in pointing out that "they gave it away" but that same argument can me made of BD as well. What some will call as flailing against quality pace bowling can be turned around and said as flailing against quality restrictive spin bowling. So basically we have two very flawed teams.

So, who should take away more from the 3-2 margin? Undoubtedly Bangladesh.

First, they won. Maybe we only won because the opponent sucked more than us, but a series win is a series win.

Two, its about building a mindset of "we belong". We are only a few years removed from our national players asking their opponents for an autograph! Can you ever imagine an Aussie doing that? This and the Asia cup run is all about instilling in the team the surefire belief that in our own backward, come who may - T20 champion with some of the biggest hitters in the world, or a Kiwis or Lankas, we will win. That we will win the ODI series.

This mindset gain is the first step - become hard to beat at home and win more than your fair share. Then you become unbeatable in home. Then you become hard to beat abroad. Then you win abroad. With Bangladesh's nascent cricketing culture and infrastructure and endemic corruption, we HAVE to take a longish view. We will probably not be a decent Test side for another 20 years. Doesn't mean we can't enjoy the small process milestones aka small victories.
Reply With Quote
  #2295  
Old December 8, 2012, 02:58 PM
Go_Bangladesh Go_Bangladesh is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 26, 2004
Location: Montreal, Canada
Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful
Posts: 573

great win, proud of our tigers
__________________
playing the natural game!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2296  
Old December 8, 2012, 03:36 PM
Dilscoop Dilscoop is offline
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC
 
Join Date: March 22, 2010
Location: @Dilcommissioner
Posts: 10,768

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Could've easily been a REAL Banglawash, not some brokeass one, against a pathetic team.
"I would put this above the West Indies whitewash [in 2009, against a second-string side] and the 4-0 win over New Zealand [in 2010]. This is a T20 champion side and all their top players were here."

Looks like he agrees with me.
__________________
Always doing Zeeshan's threads a favor.
Reply With Quote
  #2297  
Old December 8, 2012, 03:41 PM
Equinox Equinox is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 25, 2009
Posts: 7,757

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
"I would put this above the West Indies whitewash [in 2009, against a second-string side] and the 4-0 win over New Zealand [in 2010]. This is a T20 champion side and all their top players were here."

Looks like he agrees with me.
It goes without saying that this is a better win than when we beat WI back in 2009. Even Zimbabwe could've whitewashed that team. NZ just succumbed to our spinners in 2010 and didn't have good enough spinners (unlike WI) to trouble us.
Reply With Quote
  #2298  
Old December 8, 2012, 03:44 PM
Navo's Avatar
Navo Navo is offline
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: April 3, 2011
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan
Posts: 3,518

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
1. Win the toss.
2. Bowl first.
3. Choke 'em with spin from ball 1.
4. The more discomfort they feel, the more aggressive you get with your field setting and thereby force them to take chances.
5. DON'T DROP CATCHES.
6. Restrict them below 225.
7. See the ball, move your feet put together a slow and steady opening partnership of 100+. Let time pass and make dew more of a factor.
8. Rotate the strike frequently and make it impossible to grip the wet and slippery ball being played along the ground.
9. Have enough wickets in hand to play more aggressively from the 40th over and win by the 47th.
10. Win the series.
11. Party.
This was so right on the money Sohel bhai!
__________________
thebarnecessities.wordpress.com
Reply With Quote
  #2299  
Old December 8, 2012, 04:12 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Posts: 25,513

Congrats!

-signed
Reply With Quote
  #2300  
Old December 8, 2012, 07:35 PM
Alien's Avatar
Alien Alien is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 19, 2006
Location: Vladivostok
Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan
Posts: 2,939

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Elias Sunnay should immediately retire. He is not intelligent enough to play cricket at this level.

Well done to the boys!! A great series win.
Personally I don't think its professional cricket on his part. His focus should be ensure ALWAYS complete the run unless you saw the ball cross the rope and umpire signaled boundary, even so you should still complete it.

Thank God he walked back and Nasir went to the other end.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket