facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 8, 2012, 02:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan
Default The Batting Order Conundrum

This is what I feel. People look for excuses in life. Cricket is no different, management and fans alike will always seek to justify failures with excuses to make themselves feel better.

I feel every player that comes into the national side should come with a set position which they can make their own. If they fail to perform at that position, then they can head out of the team. Because by tinkering with the batting line up so much, we are creating just one more excuse to justify our failures or ponder upon what could've been had the order been different. This is very unhealthy in my opinion.

Case in point, Nas.He has been atrocious throughout this whole series. But because he has held other positions in the batting order, we are left with a feeling that this doesn't suit him the best. But why change him in the first place then? Why so much tinkering?

All I'm saying is, no matter how talented you are or how well you did in the domestic league, you should be ready with a set batting position. And if this position frees up in the national side, then you should be called in. This will make us more efficient, we don't have to follow the examples of cricket nations who do tinker too much with their line up.

For a more efficient and methodical Bd Team.

Old December 8, 2012, 08:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Over the years we have had problems in the top order but we kept a decent performing middle order comprising of shakib mushy mullah. So all these who made debuts either positioned before these guys were after them. This has been the problem, the top order could just not perform the same way middle order did. So no matter who came in, they were adjusted according to our settled middle order. But i think its coming to shape now gradually.