facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old December 9, 2012, 02:09 AM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 11,443
Default Hire a good batting coach now!

We don't have any batting coach right at the moment. We have so many issues to fix in batting. We cannot sit idle and wait for the young boys to fix the problems their own. Tamim needs to rectify his techniques. Anamul needs to work with his foot works and MOST of the batsmen needs to work with the weakness against the teasing deliveries outside the off stamp.

Let me start with Tamim. He always plays well when we have a good batting coach. He played best under Siddons. He lost it when Siddons gone and again found the form during Coach Law's tenure and scored 4 consecutive fifties. Now we don't have any batting coach and his form is again a matter of worries. Right now he is having problems with fast fuller deliveries around the leg or leg middle line. We have seen him getting bowled a couple of times during this WI series facing deliveries on this line. He has a high back lift and uses a heavy bat. He is having the same problem which Mushy had a earlier. He needs to work hard with some good batting coach to fix this problem.

Now Anamul. This boy has enormous talent and a very good temperament. Yet he has the major weakness of facing fast deliveries outside off stamp because of virtually non-existent footwork. Unless he can fix this issue, I don't see him getting successful in international arena. His weakness in footwork is already known to all and the opponents will capitalize this. Hundreds of hours in the net with a good batting coach can fix this issue.

Most other batsmen in top order have problems in facing pace balls teasing outside the off stamp. Only a good coach can help to fix this issue.

Wake up BCB. Hire a good batting coach now. Either keep SJ as the head coach and hire a assistant batting coach or hire a good batting coach as the head coach.
__________________
And Allah Knows the best
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old December 9, 2012, 02:15 AM
mali007 mali007 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim
Posts: 1,273

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
We don't have any batting coach right at the moment. We have so many issues to fix in batting. We cannot sit idle and wait for the young boys to fix the problems their own. Tamim needs to rectify his techniques. Anamul needs to work with his foot works and MOST of the batsmen needs to work with the weakness against the teasing deliveries outside the off stamp.

Let me start with Tamim. He always plays well when we have a good batting coach. He played best under Siddons. He lost it when Siddons gone and again found the form during Coach Law's tenure and scored 4 consecutive fifties. Now we don't have any batting coach and his form is again a matter of worries. Right now he is having problems with fast fuller deliveries around the leg or leg middle line. We have seen him getting bowled a couple of times during this WI series facing deliveries on this line. He has a high back lift and uses a heavy bat. He is having the same problem which Mushy had a earlier. He needs to work hard with some good batting coach to fix this problem.

Now Anamul. This boy has enormous talent and a very good temperament. Yet he has the major weakness of facing fast deliveries outside off stamp because of virtually non-existent footwork. Unless he can fix this issue, I don't see him getting successful in international arena. His weakness in footwork is already known to all and the opponents will capitalize this. Hundreds of hours in the net with a good batting coach can fix this issue.

Most other batsmen in top order have problems in facing pace balls teasing outside the off stamp. Only a good coach can help to fix this issue.

Wake up BCB. Hire a good batting coach now. Either keep SJ as the head coach and hire a assistant batting coach or hire a good batting coach as the head coach.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old December 9, 2012, 02:55 AM
NoName's Avatar
NoName NoName is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 9, 2011
Location: Sauga
Posts: 2,865

Also need help in playing the short ball.
__________________
"Life is a dream from which we all must wake."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old December 9, 2012, 03:09 AM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 11,443

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Also need help in playing the short ball.
Yes.

Until we get a batting coach for the national team, Richard Mcinnes can be handy a good batting coach. Actually this is the ideal period of the year in Bangladesh to learn how to play good pace ball. The morning is full of fog and dew. Academy ground can be the ideal place for practice. I hope they would do it regularly whenever there is a break in the domestic schedule.
__________________
And Allah Knows the best
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old December 9, 2012, 03:24 AM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Posts: 25,601

So where is Salahuddin bhai? I know Tamim benefited from him and Siddons.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old December 9, 2012, 03:30 AM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 11,443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
So where is Salahuddin bhai? I know Tamim benefited from him and Siddons.
Salauddin is probably outside the country. I head he is working as coach somewhere in east asia.
__________________
And Allah Knows the best
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old December 9, 2012, 05:08 AM
metalpiggy's Avatar
metalpiggy metalpiggy is offline
Street Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 5, 2012
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Alastair Cook
Posts: 9

playing pace has been a long term problem for the team...can't they get someone world class like Rahul Dravid who has retired not long ago to help them in their batting? taka dile to shob e hoy...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old December 9, 2012, 05:47 AM
firstlane firstlane is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: March 8, 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 2,838

and a full-time psychologist.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old December 9, 2012, 06:38 AM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 11,443

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalpiggy
playing pace has been a long term problem for the team...can't they get someone world class like Rahul Dravid who has retired not long ago to help them in their batting? taka dile to shob e hoy...
We should not go for big names. I prefer ex-players from SA or Aus who had good domestic batting career as coaches. Definitely they should have at least level 2 degree in coaching.
__________________
And Allah Knows the best
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old December 9, 2012, 07:42 AM
dark mage dark mage is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: July 22, 2009
Posts: 609

Justin Langer wouldve been the best.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old December 9, 2012, 07:46 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
We should not go for big names. I prefer ex-players from SA or Aus who had good domestic batting career as coaches. Definitely they should have at least level 2 degree in coaching.
Level 2s aren't good enough for the National team... Level2 should be max for the domestic sides....we don't need big name specialist coaches, just a professional batting coach with level 3 cert.. Should be able to do a good job with the batsman.. We severely lack in basics to handle pace, Bounce, swing...and even spin..
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old December 9, 2012, 08:06 AM
Kohli_Sox Kohli_Sox is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 30, 2012
Posts: 1,302

Need a batting coach ASAP. Don't know why it's taking so long to get a batting coach.
__________________
I think Cricket should be played in shorts and not trousers
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old December 9, 2012, 08:17 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 25,226

We don't need any extra batting coaches. (If you want to pay someone) We need someone who has a psychology degree. It is all about the players mindset.

Tamim and co going after bowlers in test was their demise. One too many. I was thinking why the heck Channel 9 is replaying old stuff again and again? No, it wasn't old stuff. Dumb players don't understand cricket. This natural game, naturally aggressive players must understand the value of wicket first. If you are there to entertain the crowd, then you can't do that if you get out in a silly play.

I had a better solution years back (for test cricket). I have learned this from Gutli, our Terror Principal in an very early age. Put in a financial structure that rewards players who would play over 100 balls, higher pay for 150 balls, and the trend should continue till 300 balls. Similarly put a structure to penalize them (top order 6) if they play less than 25, 50, 75 balls who throws away his wicket. Kono jhari baji in the locker room'a lagbey na. Emnay emnay player'ra RATARATI thik hoiye jabey. Mindset ki bhabey change kortey hoi ie ta tho shobar jana.

We don't need to chop and change players. Continuity is very important. But the above structure would make Tamim play sensibly and will not take unnecessary risks and would concentrate more on the balls (at least for the first 50 balls). Pocket'a taan diley shob shoja, Carefree bhab ar thakbay na. In any sector of any profession.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old December 9, 2012, 08:19 AM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 41,926

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
We should not go for big names. I prefer ex-players from SA or Aus who had good domestic batting career as coaches. Definitely they should have at least level 2 degree in coaching.
Lvl 2??? Ru u serious? Do u think bd is a skl cricket team?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old December 9, 2012, 08:29 AM
Kohli_Sox Kohli_Sox is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 30, 2012
Posts: 1,302

Show me a team which doesn't have a batting coach? Psyhchologist is important but so is batting coach. Every player needs a batting coach. Even Sachin Romesh Tendulkar needs a batting coach. Look at Cook, he spends hours and hours with Graham Gooch; he's one of the best players going around currently but why he spends so much time with Gooch? Because of perfection. Psychologist can only give a mental perception about determination and concentration but you need to learn how to bat as well and how to cope with shorter balls etc etc. So both Psychologist and Specialist Batting Coach needed to get maximum out of a player.
__________________
I think Cricket should be played in shorts and not trousers
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old December 9, 2012, 08:38 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 25,226

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
Show me a team which doesn't have a batting coach? Psyhchologist is important but so is batting coach. Every player needs a batting coach. Even Sachin Romesh Tendulkar needs a batting coach. Look at Cook, he spends hours and hours with Graham Gooch; he's one of the best players going around currently but why he spends so much time with Gooch? Because of perfection. Psychologist can only give a mental perception about determination and concentration but you need to learn how to bat as well and how to cope with shorter balls etc etc. So both Psychologist and Specialist Batting Coach needed to get maximum out of a player.
Batting coach is necessary but I said EXTRA. Gooch is Batting coach or batting adviser? He has the degrees that people are asking here? If so, more power to him.

To fix the short ball problem you need to curtail your aggression and that is all to it. Change the weight to the backfoot and decide to duck or move away. For the hook and the pull, what the heck does these boys do in the nets? Back in the days when I started following Cricket (on a radio) there wasn't so many coaches. And most didn't wear helmets and there was no restrictions on # of short ball a bowler could bowl. Them players did fine to stay at the wickets for DAYS.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old December 9, 2012, 08:47 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
We don't need any extra batting coaches. (If you want to pay someone) We need someone who has a psychology degree. It is all about the players mindset.

Tamim and co going after bowlers in test was their demise. One too many. I was thinking why the heck Channel 9 is replaying old stuff again and again? No, it wasn't old stuff. Dumb players don't understand cricket. This natural game, naturally aggressive players must understand the value of wicket first. If you are there to entertain the crowd, then you can't do that if you get out in a silly play.

I had a better solution years back (for test cricket). I have learned this from Gutli, our Terror Principal in an very early age. Put in a financial structure that rewards players who would play over 100 balls, higher pay for 150 balls, and the trend should continue till 300 balls. Similarly put a structure to penalize them (top order 6) if they play less than 25, 50, 75 balls who throws away his wicket. Kono jhari baji in the locker room'a lagbey na. Emnay emnay player'ra RATARATI thik hoiye jabey. Mindset ki bhabey change kortey hoi ie ta tho shobar jana.

We don't need to chop and change players. Continuity is very important. But the above structure would make Tamim play sensibly and will not take unnecessary risks and would concentrate more on the balls (at least for the first 50 balls). Pocket'a taan diley shob shoja, Carefree bhab ar thakbay na. In any sector of any profession.
You are absolutely right. But making that an individual issue will make selfish plays detrimental to the teams objective....but if you make that financial connection to the team objective, you have an extra advantage of having other 14 guys fixing the rotten eggs. On principle you are right; performances must be connected to pocket, brain works better that way...
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old December 9, 2012, 08:55 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
?..........what the heck does these boys do in the nets?
As an ex coach pointed out; they do "happy hours" style practice in the nets. So they are used to swinging bat at everything....so their instinct isn't ducking or leaving...it's swinging bat at everything.... So when they play matches...even if they want to leave a ball, they can't do it.....

A net session should be supervised by the coach, but if this is happy hour type circus of coaches, then we better don't have a coach.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old December 9, 2012, 11:58 AM
WarWolf WarWolf is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Favorite Player: Love them all....
Posts: 11,443

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Lvl 2??? Ru u serious? Do u think bd is a skl cricket team?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Law was not a level 3 coach.

Level 3 coach needed as the head coach because he needs to know every aspect of coaching.
__________________
And Allah Knows the best
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old December 9, 2012, 01:30 PM
Roey Haque's Avatar
Roey Haque Roey Haque is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 26, 2012
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan
Posts: 1,778

Can we hire Ponting, now that he is not playing anymore?
__________________
His excellency, Shere Bangla, descendent of Tipu Sultan, the Uniter of the Two Bengals, the Wily Bengali, the prince of all things cool, I present you Roey Haque the 1st.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old December 9, 2012, 02:37 PM
cricheart's Avatar
cricheart cricheart is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 2, 2012
Location: Haowa Bhaban
Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers
Posts: 1,592

This coaching job market seems too much demandful that BCB cant match atm. I guess BD job seekers lacking these foreign degrees of sports coaching & psychology here, wonder why pvt unis aint having this course yet. need to decrease the market price
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old December 9, 2012, 02:59 PM
One World's Avatar
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Charlie Chaplin
Posts: 16,599

Don't we have a full time Indian shrink? I think more than a batting coach we need some ruling dictator at the practice session who will make those happy hours sweaty. There should be some prize money or pay cut introduced based on the performance against bowling machine.

Getting harsher, the Roey syndrome.
__________________
Human mind has all the power, when your mind is grind grit wins the battle. Go Bangladesh. Be the world number one in Test Ranking.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old December 9, 2012, 09:22 PM
PoorFan PoorFan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 15, 2004
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 14,333

Hire a good batting coach and hire him for a LONG TERM. Otherwise our idiots will find every excuse to avoid training session every now and then, and the outcome will be reset in no time. Batting, bowling, fielding coach is must to compete with G8.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old December 10, 2012, 03:42 AM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
Favorite Player: Luka Modric
Posts: 5,377

Neil D'Costa is the perfect person. One of the finest batting coaches going around.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old December 10, 2012, 03:59 AM
jeesh jeesh is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 4, 2005
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Posts: 2,144

Hasnt he taken up a job in India?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket