facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old April 18, 2012, 07:30 AM
Rifat_02's Avatar
Rifat_02 Rifat_02 is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Nasir,Anamu,Shamsu,Taskin
Posts: 706
Default 2013 Champions Trophy- No Bangladesh?

Ok i know this will be the last one and thank goodness for that, who needs this when we have the world cup? But as it stands Bangladesh will not be in this last edition next year in England. It will be top 8 teams apparently again

What are the chances of us going over WI in 6 months considering how little ODIs we will be playing. It will be so frustrating to see us not playing this one.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old April 18, 2012, 08:08 AM
Ajfar's Avatar
Ajfar Ajfar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Nirala
Posts: 17,347

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
Ok i know this will be the last one and thank goodness for that, who needs this when we have the world cup? But as it stands Bangladesh will not be in this last edition next year in England. It will be top 8 teams apparently again

What are the chances of us going over WI in 6 months considering how little ODIs we will be playing. It will be so frustrating to see us not playing this one.
We only have ourselves to blame for this. Before the worldcup we had WI right where we wanted but we blew it. Than we had a chance in the WI series we blew it again. We had a chance but we blew it.
__________________
"I was the happiest man in the world, happier than Bill Gates"- Tamim Iqbal
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old April 18, 2012, 08:20 AM
Rabz's Avatar
Rabz Rabz is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative
 
Join Date: February 28, 2005
Location: Here
Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket
Posts: 20,485

Our fault really.
We couldnt cross WI when we had a chance.
__________________
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old April 18, 2012, 08:21 AM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Location: City of Traffic Jam
Favorite Player: Gilly
Posts: 12,723

top 6 should auto qualify and,

bottom 4 with Ireland and Afg can play a qualifying tournament where top 2 will qualify for the main event...everybody is happy,more cricket
__________________
Associates whom Bangladesh has lost to: 1.Kenya 2.Canada 3.Ireland 4.Netherlands 5. Scotland 6. Afganistan 7. Hongkong
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old April 18, 2012, 09:27 AM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
Favorite Player: Luka Modric
Posts: 5,427

we blow everything. We also blew a match where we had Srilanka 5/10 or something like that. So nothing new.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old April 18, 2012, 11:56 AM
itduzz itduzz is offline
Street Cricketer
 
Join Date: October 14, 2010
Posts: 10

Good decision. Minnows always make a big tournament dull due to one sided matches.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old April 18, 2012, 02:27 PM
deshimon's Avatar
deshimon deshimon is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 17, 2011
Location: Dans le Monde
Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Tamim
Posts: 3,780

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
top 6 should auto qualify and,

bottom 4 with Ireland and Afg can play a qualifying tournament where top 2 will qualify for the main event...everybody is happy,more cricket
If you are right it is a good decision taken by ICC. Asociates will get a chance to compete with bigers. If Bangaladesh have their strength they will qualify.
__________________
Think a lot, speak a little.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old April 18, 2012, 02:39 PM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Location: City of Traffic Jam
Favorite Player: Gilly
Posts: 12,723

Quote:
Originally Posted by deshimon
If you are right it is a good decision taken by ICC. Asociates will get a chance to compete with bigers. If Bangaladesh have their strength they will qualify.
that isnt icc's decision, i was just stating my opinion
__________________
Associates whom Bangladesh has lost to: 1.Kenya 2.Canada 3.Ireland 4.Netherlands 5. Scotland 6. Afganistan 7. Hongkong
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old April 18, 2012, 03:20 PM
betaar betaar is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 24, 2004
Location: Land of the free
Favorite Player: The big hearted ones
Posts: 2,517

Quote:
Originally Posted by itduzz
Good decision. Minnows always make a big tournament dull due to one sided matches.
Wow, this is your 8th post in 2 years and you have managed to make a hurtful comment about Bangladesh. So I wonder about your true purpose in this forum. Shrug off your biases and reveal your true intent.
While it is a true statement (minnows making a tournament dull for fans of other teams) but after our performance in Asia cup one might think twice before accusing us of making a tournament dull. I know Champions trophy will be played in England and BD might still turn out to be the same “no clue” team in seaming condition but isn’t that also true for teams like India? If this Champions trophy is really the last of its kind then why not end it involving the same teams that started it all?
__________________
In Darwin's eyes, Bangladeshi batsmen are still monkeys with cricket bats.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old April 18, 2012, 03:24 PM
godzilla's Avatar
godzilla godzilla is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 4, 2009
Posts: 2,453

This is a fine example of HOW YOUR OWN ACTIONS CAN SCREW YOU OVER. Moral of the story is WINNING MATCHES GETS YOU TO PLACES!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old April 18, 2012, 04:07 PM
zsayeed zsayeed is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 19, 2007
Posts: 4,915

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
Wow, this is your 8th post in 2 years and you have managed to make a hurtful comment about Bangladesh. So I wonder about your true purpose in this forum. Shrug off your biases and reveal your true intent.
While it is a true statement (minnows making a tournament dull for fans of other teams) but after our performance in Asia cup one might think twice before accusing us of making a tournament dull. I know Champions trophy will be played in England and BD might still turn out to be the same “no clue” team in seaming condition but isn’t that also true for teams like India? If this Champions trophy is really the last of its kind then why not end it involving the same teams that started it all?
He was talking about Minnows. Did not say Bangladesh. Bangladesh is not considered minnows any more!
__________________
I Want to Believe
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old April 18, 2012, 04:46 PM
Dilscoop Dilscoop is offline
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC
 
Join Date: March 22, 2010
Posts: 10,837

Funny how this thing was created in the name of "promoting" cricket and ended up in "only top teams" stuck up section.

BD didn't play the first, they don't have to play the last.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old April 18, 2012, 08:38 PM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
Favorite Player: Luka Modric
Posts: 5,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by itduzz
Good decision. Minnows always make a big tournament dull due to one sided matches.
Actually i love watching minnow teams such as Kenya, Canada, Netherlands coming close or even beating heavyweights such as South Africa or India.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old April 18, 2012, 11:31 PM
betaar betaar is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 24, 2004
Location: Land of the free
Favorite Player: The big hearted ones
Posts: 2,517

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
He was talking about Minnows. Did not say Bangladesh. Bangladesh is not considered minnows any more!
Well his remark was in regards to this thread that reads no Bangladesh in Champions trophy, so clearly he's referring to BD as a minnow.
__________________
In Darwin's eyes, Bangladeshi batsmen are still monkeys with cricket bats.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old April 18, 2012, 11:37 PM
betaar betaar is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 24, 2004
Location: Land of the free
Favorite Player: The big hearted ones
Posts: 2,517

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Funny how this thing was created in the name of "promoting" cricket and ended up in "only top teams" stuck up section.

BD didn't play the first, they don't have to play the last.
First Champions Trophy aka ICC knockout trophy was played in Dhaka in 1998.
__________________
In Darwin's eyes, Bangladeshi batsmen are still monkeys with cricket bats.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old April 19, 2012, 12:02 AM
Awla's Avatar
Awla Awla is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 28, 2010
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Shakib,Sachin,Klusener
Posts: 855

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
First Champions Trophy aka ICC knockout trophy was played in Dhaka in 1998.
And the only one major tournament SOUTH AFRICA has won till now... god knows when the next one will come...
__________________
Do all the sins you want to do while Sachin Tendulkar is batting, because God will not watch you when he is on the crease.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old April 19, 2012, 02:09 AM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
Favorite Player: Luka Modric
Posts: 5,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awla
And the only one major tournament SOUTH AFRICA has won till now... god knows when the next one will come...
They arent called chokers for nothing.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old December 11, 2012, 01:01 PM
Rifat_02's Avatar
Rifat_02 Rifat_02 is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Nasir,Anamu,Shamsu,Taskin
Posts: 706

So we are ranked number 8 currently but as it stands we are still not going to this "Top 8" ODI tournament? With so little cricket in our calender these days it would have been good both for the players and the millions of spectators in the country if BD was in this.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old December 11, 2012, 01:36 PM
MyRoom MyRoom is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: November 17, 2012
Location: London, UK
Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul
Posts: 866

I understand what you're trying to say Rifat. I live in England and actually would've brought a few tickets if Bangladesh would've been playing instead of a team like New Zealand would've made more sense considering the fact that many Bangladeshi people live here especially in places like London, Cardiff, Leicester, Coventry, Manchester and Birmingham. But it doesn't really matter considering its a meaningless tournament but in that time, Bangladesh should play Ireland in an ODI series and beat them so we can finally keep our critics quiet that Ireland are better than Bangladesh.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old December 11, 2012, 02:49 PM
Habib's Avatar
Habib Habib is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 30, 2007
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: A few
Posts: 7,617

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRoom
I understand what you're trying to say Rifat. I live in England and actually would've brought a few tickets if Bangladesh would've been playing instead of a team like New Zealand would've made more sense considering the fact that many Bangladeshi people live here especially in places like London, Cardiff, Leicester, Coventry, Manchester and Birmingham. But it doesn't really matter considering its a meaningless tournament but in that time, Bangladesh should play Ireland in an ODI series and beat them so we can finally keep our critics quiet that Ireland are better than Bangladesh.
we have already whitewashed Ireland at home.
__________________
Nevermind
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old December 11, 2012, 03:03 PM
cricheart's Avatar
cricheart cricheart is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 2, 2012
Location: Haowa Bhaban
Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers
Posts: 1,592

I guess Afgans and Irish are feeling same way like us atm about only 10 entrants allowed at WC 2019.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old December 11, 2012, 03:23 PM
MyRoom MyRoom is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: November 17, 2012
Location: London, UK
Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul
Posts: 866

Cricket is a weird sport they don't even spread the game. Do these organisers even know the meaning of the word 'world'? 10 teams in a World Cup does not deserve the name 'world' considering there are more than 200 countries in the 'world'. Just call it 8 team cup or 10 team cup.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old December 11, 2012, 04:11 PM
Nasif's Avatar
Nasif Nasif is offline
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development
 
Join Date: October 4, 2002
Location: USA
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Posts: 8,683

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRoom
Cricket is a weird sport they don't even spread the game. Do these organisers even know the meaning of the word 'world'? 10 teams in a World Cup does not deserve the name 'world' considering there are more than 200 countries in the 'world'. Just call it 8 team cup or 10 team cup.
Baseball: World Series
__________________
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old December 11, 2012, 04:19 PM
Zunaid Zunaid is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: January 22, 2004
Posts: 21,739

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRoom
Cricket is a weird sport they don't even spread the game. Do these organisers even know the meaning of the word 'world'? 10 teams in a World Cup does not deserve the name 'world' considering there are more than 200 countries in the 'world'. Just call it 8 team cup or 10 team cup.
Their IS a qualifying system - every country, if the wanted, has an opportunity to qualify.

It;s not like the football qualifiers, where the system is flat, but there is a system.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old December 11, 2012, 04:51 PM
MyRoom MyRoom is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: November 17, 2012
Location: London, UK
Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul
Posts: 866

I'm just saying that in Cricket 'World' Cup, it should be 12 teams with 2 groups of 6 instead of 10 or 14 with the 4 lowest ranked from 09-12 going through a qualifying system but teams ranked 09 and 10 play the last phase of the qualifying system so it won't clash with their series against a full member nation. That way the World Cup won't be too short nor too long and we can complete this in 4 weeks rather than 6. In Fifa World Cup, they have 32, Rugby 16.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket