facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old December 14, 2012, 11:40 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam
Posts: 16,689

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejkuni
Good question? An alliance with a BD group (for example, Pilot's academy) may be a good idea.
That's a minimum requirement....you can't do anything without a local partner in almost all over SA...
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old December 14, 2012, 12:10 PM
Rabz's Avatar
Rabz Rabz is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative
 
Join Date: February 28, 2005
Location: Here
Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket
Posts: 20,470

Great initiative. So, how does this whole thing work ??
You fly out to that country or you fly in the player to yours ??
What is the base amount needed ??
What does that amount cover ? Like plane ticket, food, accommodation ??
How long you coach them for ??
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old December 14, 2012, 12:11 PM
Ian Pont's Avatar
Ian Pont Ian Pont is offline
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach
 
Join Date: February 1, 2011
Posts: 1,351

Guys.. please...

Reading what you some on the first page are saying here you seem to be trying to nit pick what is wrong with what I am doing or questioning my coaching skills or something else. However I don't see sponsors of the BCB doing much about the pace bowlers.

I have been trying for 20 years to find sponsors for coaching academies and pace bowling ventures. I have spoken to literally 100s of wealthy people in this time. The facts are that no pace academy exists in Bangladesh and I am more than happy to come and start one up.

The idea is simple: if people wish to donate anything towards coaching pace bowlers in Bangladesh they can. If they don't wish to, then don't. This includes businesses, too. I am not a recluse. I am easy to contact.

The thread is NOT misleading. Go the link. All monies that comes from Bangladesh companies and donations will go towards a Bangladesh Pace Academy or coaching. I can't be any straighter than that!

I am happy to tie in with any existing coaching scheme or cricket academy in Bangladesh. I have no preferences. I simply wish to make a difference.

As I said, if you don't want to get involved then don't. But please don't rubbish the idea. If you have a better solution and contacts to make it happen (not just dream boat, "pie in the sky" ideas) then please contact me.

We can all sit about and moan about things or we can try to do something about it. I am contacting business people in the UK too, who have Bangladeshi interests. At least I am doing something positive....
__________________
"One day I was thinking, 'Thank God Sehwag was not born in Bangladesh'. If he was, he would have forgotten how to play cricket" - Tamim Iqbal

Last edited by Ian Pont; December 14, 2012 at 02:07 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old December 14, 2012, 12:16 PM
Ian Pont's Avatar
Ian Pont Ian Pont is offline
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach
 
Join Date: February 1, 2011
Posts: 1,351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Great initiative. So, how does this whole thing work ??
You fly out to that country or you fly in the player to yours ??
What is the base amount needed ??
What does that amount cover ? Like plane ticket, food, accommodation ??
How long you coach them for ??
Yeah I gotta get flights, hotels, food etc (expenses etc) sorted then be able to work with selected players. I am happy to tie in with local academies. But cannot make announcements about that until I get the backing to do it in the first place.

The idea is ongoing.... if there's only enough funds to cover a week then it will be a week. If it's more funding then series of weeks can be introduced. A larger amount makes for an ongoing and developing academy... so it really is a flexible concept to fit around many aspects.
__________________
"One day I was thinking, 'Thank God Sehwag was not born in Bangladesh'. If he was, he would have forgotten how to play cricket" - Tamim Iqbal
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old December 14, 2012, 12:20 PM
Ian Pont's Avatar
Ian Pont Ian Pont is offline
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach
 
Join Date: February 1, 2011
Posts: 1,351

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
[/LIST]I don't see Ian saying the link (to make donation) would go to BD players only, where do you see that? In fact the link does not even work properly.....takes me to paypal but with an error message. Am I missing something?
Links all sorted with specific buttons to the country donation
__________________
"One day I was thinking, 'Thank God Sehwag was not born in Bangladesh'. If he was, he would have forgotten how to play cricket" - Tamim Iqbal
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old December 14, 2012, 02:27 PM
betaar betaar is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 24, 2004
Location: Land of the free
Favorite Player: The big hearted ones
Posts: 2,490

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
Links all sorted with specific buttons to the country donation
Ian,
just made my first small contribution. Can you confirm it was received or is that not possible? Once the project is up and running I would be willing to make more........

Few more questions come to mind.

- What is the minimum $$ amount you need to go ahead with the project and what happens to the donations if you do not collect enough?

- Are you planning on running this camp during your BPL stint or different visit all together? If Dhaka Gladiators don't object and you have time, it may be financially viable to run it during your visit in Dhaka so you can save on travel and accommodation and use that fund solely for the campaign.

I will let you know if I come up with more question. Thanks and good luck with your initiative.
__________________
In Darwin's eyes, Bangladeshi batsmen are still monkeys with cricket bats.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old December 14, 2012, 04:20 PM
Ian Pont's Avatar
Ian Pont Ian Pont is offline
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach
 
Join Date: February 1, 2011
Posts: 1,351

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
Ian,
just made my first small contribution. Can you confirm it was received or is that not possible? Once the project is up and running I would be willing to make more........

Few more questions come to mind.

- What is the minimum $$ amount you need to go ahead with the project and what happens to the donations if you do not collect enough?

- Are you planning on running this camp during your BPL stint or different visit all together? If Dhaka Gladiators don't object and you have time, it may be financially viable to run it during your visit in Dhaka so you can save on travel and accommodation and use that fund solely for the campaign.

I will let you know if I come up with more question. Thanks and good luck with your initiative.
Yes... your donation is confirmed. And so many thanks

We are holding the appropriate funds for each country (not spending it on anything else) and will only be activating when we reach around £4,000-5,000. Up until then, no money is spent.

If we NEVER collect enough to activate the start of an initial coaching camp, we will use the donations for coaching equipments, video clips, coaching products etc and give to an academy already in existence in that country

If I come out to the BPL (and I have not had any contact with franchises at this time) I could tag on an extended time if we have enough money collected. But it would need to be fast for arrangements to be made before January 17th.

My aim is to make a difference - however small - but hopefully a large impact.
__________________
"One day I was thinking, 'Thank God Sehwag was not born in Bangladesh'. If he was, he would have forgotten how to play cricket" - Tamim Iqbal
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old December 14, 2012, 06:17 PM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
Favorite Player: Luka Modric
Posts: 5,372

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
hey Ian, this is a tremendous initiative . and sorry to be a bit selfish. but I am here to seek some advice from you. I am 22 years old and playing 2nd grade in Australia. I seem to Have hit that barrier from where I can't improve by myself. I would like some advice on bowling quick , I have a very side on action , hence getting swing isnt too difficult for me. if you could tell me a fee excersizes to fine tune my body and some drills to help me out , it would be great
2nd Grade? Good stuff mate. Im assuming your from Sydney? Im might be wrong because i dont hear about alot of Bangladeshi cricketers in 1st or 2nd Grade in Sydney. Good luck with your career

I only heard of a few Bangladeshi cricketers playing 1st/2nd grade such as Shariful Islam and i also heard about an up and comer named Tahmid Islam Rahman. I briefly met with Shariful once. Are there alot of Bangladeshis in 1st/2nd grade?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old December 14, 2012, 09:39 PM
Yasin.'s Avatar
Yasin. Yasin. is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 8, 2006
Location: I-I 0 I\/I 3
Posts: 493

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
Yes... your donation is confirmed. And so many thanks

We are holding the appropriate funds for each country (not spending it on anything else) and will only be activating when we reach around £4,000-5,000. Up until then, no money is spent.

If we NEVER collect enough to activate the start of an initial coaching camp, we will use the donations for coaching equipments, video clips, coaching products etc and give to an academy already in existence in that country

If I come out to the BPL (and I have not had any contact with franchises at this time) I could tag on an extended time if we have enough money collected. But it would need to be fast for arrangements to be made before January 17th.

My aim is to make a difference - however small - but hopefully a large impact.
That is great to hear. I may have my doubts, but actions speak louder than words. Well done Coach. Hope this turns out to be a success for every one involved.
__________________
"Tufnell! Can I borrow your brain? I'm building an idiot" - Australian fan to England spinner Phil Tufnell
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old December 14, 2012, 10:01 PM
betaar betaar is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 24, 2004
Location: Land of the free
Favorite Player: The big hearted ones
Posts: 2,490

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
Yes... your donation is confirmed. And so many thanks

We are holding the appropriate funds for each country (not spending it on anything else) and will only be activating when we reach around £4,000-5,000. Up until then, no money is spent.

If we NEVER collect enough to activate the start of an initial coaching camp, we will use the donations for coaching equipments, video clips, coaching products etc and give to an academy already in existence in that country

If I come out to the BPL (and I have not had any contact with franchises at this time) I could tag on an extended time if we have enough money collected. But it would need to be fast for arrangements to be made before January 17th.

My aim is to make a difference - however small - but hopefully a large impact.
Thanks for the confirmation Ian. Yes, appropriate usage of the fund will definitely be the least that donors will expect.

Now only if we can have some of the BC members to come forward and open up their wallets instead of mouths; we can definitely have a good start. Last time when I, with the help of Zunaid bhai and Shuzibero bhai, started collecting donations during 2011 WC for an advert on a Dhaka daily motivating the tigers, we collected around $1200 in a short period of time. Here's the link: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=36329 where you will the participating BC members and their comments.

BC members are pretty generous when it comes to helping BD cricket and I am sure they will also come forward this time around.

Come on folks.....don't shy away from this opportunity. We all are passionate about BD cricket and want to see it succeed. Take this opportunity which will have a direct impact on BD cricket or to its development.
__________________
In Darwin's eyes, Bangladeshi batsmen are still monkeys with cricket bats.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old December 15, 2012, 07:47 AM
jisaan's Avatar
jisaan jisaan is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 14, 2004
Location: Nijhum Dwip
Favorite Player: Nasir/Taskin/Anamul/Sohag
Posts: 4,743

THANKS, IAN1
hope ur ventures wil be valued by one & all.
we cricket needs such help.

thanks for your passion for bangladesh cricket.
best of luck!!!!
__________________
Bangladesh's Win (agt any team) = 100% Joy
India's Loss (agt any team) = 100% Joy
So, only opportunity for me to double my joy is when Bangladesh BEATs India!!!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old December 17, 2012, 10:41 AM
fuadomar fuadomar is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 6, 2011
Location: Lalmatia, Dhaka
Favorite Player: Bangladesh 11
Posts: 720

How is the response Ian? One big issue with paypal is, it is not allowed/operable in Bangladesh. So, many interested people might not be contribute with paypal.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old December 17, 2012, 04:23 PM
Ian Pont's Avatar
Ian Pont Ian Pont is offline
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach
 
Join Date: February 1, 2011
Posts: 1,351

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuadomar
How is the response Ian? One big issue with paypal is, it is not allowed/operable in Bangladesh. So, many interested people might not be contribute with paypal.
Several contributions so far... what would you suggest instead of paypal?
__________________
"One day I was thinking, 'Thank God Sehwag was not born in Bangladesh'. If he was, he would have forgotten how to play cricket" - Tamim Iqbal
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old December 17, 2012, 04:35 PM
betaar betaar is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 24, 2004
Location: Land of the free
Favorite Player: The big hearted ones
Posts: 2,490

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
Several contributions so far... what would you suggest instead of paypal?
Western Union or MoneyGram could be good options though they are not tracable as PayPal. There could be other ways that people living in BD can suggest.
__________________
In Darwin's eyes, Bangladeshi batsmen are still monkeys with cricket bats.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old December 18, 2012, 01:48 AM
fuadomar fuadomar is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 6, 2011
Location: Lalmatia, Dhaka
Favorite Player: Bangladesh 11
Posts: 720

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
Several contributions so far... what would you suggest instead of paypal?
A Bangladeshi residing in Bangladesh cannot send money to outside of the country. They need permission from the Bangladesh Bank to do so. The easiest way is to setup a local bank account (e.g. Dutch-Bangla Bank Limited) and request people to deposit the money out there and send a scanned copy of the deposit slip to you so that you can track the people who contributed.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old December 18, 2012, 02:32 AM
Ian Pont's Avatar
Ian Pont Ian Pont is offline
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach
 
Join Date: February 1, 2011
Posts: 1,351

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuadomar
A Bangladeshi residing in Bangladesh cannot send money to outside of the country. They need permission from the Bangladesh Bank to do so. The easiest way is to setup a local bank account (e.g. Dutch-Bangla Bank Limited) and request people to deposit the money out there and send a scanned copy of the deposit slip to you so that you can track the people who contributed.
I have a BD bank account with Standard Chartered! Sending me deposit slips, could be messy for people but happy to consider setting something up...

Thoughts?
__________________
"One day I was thinking, 'Thank God Sehwag was not born in Bangladesh'. If he was, he would have forgotten how to play cricket" - Tamim Iqbal
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old December 18, 2012, 11:18 AM
fuadomar fuadomar is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 6, 2011
Location: Lalmatia, Dhaka
Favorite Player: Bangladesh 11
Posts: 720

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
I have a BD bank account with Standard Chartered! Sending me deposit slips, could be messy for people but happy to consider setting something up...

Thoughts?
That will be definitely better than paypal for bangladeshis. I hope, you will get plenty of small amounts in that way.

You can count on me for the first (small) contribution in such setup!

Good luck, coach, appreciate your endeavor.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old December 18, 2012, 07:05 PM
shuziburo's Avatar
shuziburo shuziburo is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Dhaka / NYC Metro Area
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Posts: 9,082

Good to see this picking up some steam. It might not be easy to raise four or five thousand pounds, but it should be doable. However, you'll need to reach more donors for that to happen. How about FB and twitter?
__________________
প্রথম বাংলাদেশ আমার শেষ বাংলাদেশ, জীবন বাংলাদেশ আমার মরন বাংলাদেশ।
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old December 18, 2012, 10:49 PM
tejkuni tejkuni is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 20, 2009
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Favorite Player: Masrafi, Shakib, Tamim
Posts: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuadomar
A Bangladeshi residing in Bangladesh cannot send money to outside of the country.-----------------------------------------
It is not necessary to send the money outside, as a portion of it will be used in Bangladesh.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old December 18, 2012, 11:31 PM
Kana-Baba's Avatar
Kana-Baba Kana-Baba is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 26, 2003
Location: Virginia, USA
Favorite Player: Nannu, Ash, Mash
Posts: 905

I have made a small donation too. Received email confirmation form Paypal, but don't know whether you have actually received it or not.

Best of luck in your endeavor Coach. Keep up the good work.
__________________
পুরান পাগল ভাত পায় না, আবার নতুন পাগলের আমদানি... সুখ নাই ৱে পাগল!
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old December 19, 2012, 02:45 AM
betaar betaar is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 24, 2004
Location: Land of the free
Favorite Player: The big hearted ones
Posts: 2,490

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejkuni
It is not necessary to send the money outside, as a portion of it will be used in Bangladesh.
That's a valid point.

Ian, since you have an account in Dhaka why not have people deposit their donations so you can access it whenever you are actually in BD for the project? The donations you will receive from people away from BD you can use that for your travel and other logistics.
__________________
In Darwin's eyes, Bangladeshi batsmen are still monkeys with cricket bats.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old December 19, 2012, 03:01 AM
Ian Pont's Avatar
Ian Pont Ian Pont is offline
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach
 
Join Date: February 1, 2011
Posts: 1,351

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
That's a valid point.

Ian, since you have an account in Dhaka why not have people deposit their donations so you can access it whenever you are actually in BD for the project? The donations you will receive from people away from BD you can use that for your travel and other logistics.
I am trying to work this out with Standard Chartered Bank in Gulshan, where the account is based. Some banks don't make it simple.

I was trying to make it easy for people to donate online and I didn't realise that PayPal wasn't used in Bangladesh, so i need to find an alternative...
__________________
"One day I was thinking, 'Thank God Sehwag was not born in Bangladesh'. If he was, he would have forgotten how to play cricket" - Tamim Iqbal
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old December 19, 2012, 03:03 AM
Ian Pont's Avatar
Ian Pont Ian Pont is offline
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach
 
Join Date: February 1, 2011
Posts: 1,351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kana-Baba
I have made a small donation too. Received email confirmation form Paypal, but don't know whether you have actually received it or not.

Best of luck in your endeavor Coach. Keep up the good work.
Yes bhai... thank you very much
__________________
"One day I was thinking, 'Thank God Sehwag was not born in Bangladesh'. If he was, he would have forgotten how to play cricket" - Tamim Iqbal
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old January 18, 2013, 01:51 AM
betaar betaar is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 24, 2004
Location: Land of the free
Favorite Player: The big hearted ones
Posts: 2,490

Bumping this thread for possible donors viewing pleasure.
__________________
In Darwin's eyes, Bangladeshi batsmen are still monkeys with cricket bats.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old February 17, 2013, 04:59 AM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 41,907

Any progress on this Ian?
__________________
Kholi: I hated being on the bench and not playing
our gadhas: I love being on the bench as im getting paid anyway
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket