facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 17, 2013, 11:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Why don't you show some reason for love!!
I dont think we need to love them, same thing with why theres no reason to hate, just don't appreciate seeing so much bashing in cricket to such an extent that you start hating the entire country and everything in it for no apparent reason
Old January 17, 2013, 11:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
No way! is Mohammad Isam actually a Pakistani? if so why on earth does he cover Bangladesh articles on Cricinfo?
No mate, he's 100% Bengali
Old January 17, 2013, 11:21 AM
Banned

Magical aunty duijon ki kortese ???? !!!!!?! Amar to lozza lagtase.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old January 17, 2013, 11:24 AM
Banned

R koybar stage a daraiya emne dress change korbe???? !!! Ami to lojjay bap-mar shamne TV dekhte partasi nah

Old January 17, 2013, 11:25 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

damn - missed it. Someone better have recorded it!

highlights please anyone?
Old January 17, 2013, 11:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
Yes, I do get annoyed when Bangladeshis suck up to Pakistanis no matter what the excuse (e.g. "some of the most exciting T20 players in the world, etc.). However, my lack of empathy or sympathy for KRB goes beyond my dislike for Pakistanian players.

A good businessman hedges his bets, diversifies risk. He or she does not put all their eggs in one basket. KRB failed to adhere to this simple rule of business by acquiring 7 Pakistanian players. Bear in mind that right after the BCB postponed its tour to Pakistania on Dec. 31, Nazmul Paps acknowledged that there might be a retaliatory move from the PCB regarding the issuance of NOCs to Pakistanian players auctioned in the BPL. So the franchise owners should have moved immediately to protect their business interests at that point by seeking recruits from other countries. How can Orion Group (owners of KRB), a well-established conglomerate, not have even that much foresight? And if they don't have even that much foresight, how the Sam Hill do they even do business?

Furthermore, KRB were trying to cheap out with their foreign recruits (even the Pakistanian ones). I have no respect for that. Filling the squad with the likes of a Bilawal Bhatti, Awaiz Zia, Umar Amin and Haris Sohail is just plain BS. Not just player recruitment, look at the state of their merchandising (you can't actually buy their stuff even though it's advertised online) and their website (no up-to-date information). It's all a freaking shambles.

So, please, don't tell me I have to feel for the KRB's plight. They did this to themselves.
Im not sucking up to anyone by saying they're good in t20, im stating whats true unbiasedly, They won the T20 world cup and you can see the international T20 stats, 3 of the best bowlers in T20 cricket ever are from Pak. I enjoyed watching Ahmed Shehzad bat a lot last season, he was the highest run scorer for Barishal and I still remember his fastest 100, was a treat to watch

Yes i agree KRB should've thought better but it's not their fault entirely to pick pak players , they did it like everyone else, the BCB should've had a clear stance from the beginning and not put teams into a situation like this from the beginning, the BCB are the ones who provide the auctions lists, if they felt that there is a chance Pak players might not come then they shouldn't have auctioned them in the first place. And then you give a deadline until 2 days before the tournament, what were they thinking, what joke is this

It just makes the tournament such an unfair playground from the start, like we dont even need to watch it and can already tell the winners will be out of 2 to 3 teams. Makes the overall viewing experience so bad

P.S Awais Zia is a really exciting t20 player
Old January 17, 2013, 11:39 AM
Test Cricketer

I agree that the BCB is primarily at fault. However, we all know that the BCB has a long history of screwing up, especially since the days of The Lotus. As a well-established conglomerate, Orion Group should have enough business sense not to put all their eggs in one basket.

As for the Pakistanian players, at least two thirds of the 26 acquired in the auction are not among "the most exciting T20 players in the world", they are not even household names beyond maybe their cities. Who is Bilawal Bhatti? Who is Umar Amin? Who is Awaiz Zia? Who is Sharjeel Khan? Who is Raja Ali Dar? Who is Anwar Ali? Do these guys deserve places in BPL squads ahead of Bangladeshi players? I don't think so.
Old January 17, 2013, 11:46 AM
Test Cricketer

Apparently, Brett Lee and Ben Edmondson have been signed. By whom, I don't know. This news comes courtesy of #bplt20 Twitter feeds. Got to love the Twitter.
Old January 17, 2013, 11:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I agree that the BCB is primarily at fault. However, we all know that the BCB has a long history of screwing up, especially since the days of The Lotus. As a well-established conglomerate, Orion Group should have enough business sense not to put all their eggs in one basket.

As for the Pakistanian players, at least two thirds of the 26 acquired in the auction are not among "the most exciting T20 players in the world", they are not even household names beyond maybe their cities. Who is Bilawal Bhatti? Who is Umar Amin? Who is Awaiz Zia? Who is Sharjeel Khan? Who is Raja Ali Dar? Who is Anwar Ali? Do these guys deserve places in BPL squads ahead of Bangladeshi players? I don't think so.

P.S. If Anwar Ali is a really exciting player, then the Pakistan cricket team should pick him. The BPL isn't a platform for him to launch his career. If anything, it's a platform for Bangladeshi players to launch their careers.
Does that mean there's no place for international players at the BPL since it's main purpose is to launch the careers of Bangladeshi players? Or is it just the Pakistani players that aren't welcome and we'll take Australians and Sri Lankans, because there are lots of fringe players from other countries aswell, how come they dont get the same hatred of foreigners i see here, seems like anyone but Pakistanis are okay.if you want a Bangladeshi-only tournament you have DPL, just a make a T20 equivalent, why do you need BPL.
Old January 17, 2013, 12:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Apparently, Brett Lee and Ben Edmondson have been signed. By whom, I don't know. This news comes courtesy of #bplt20 Twitter feeds. Got to love the Twitter.
Well i hope they went to a team that really needs them, at this point BCB should step in to help Khulna and Rangpur, it's the least they could do for messing things up so bad
Old January 17, 2013, 12:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abirz
Does that mean there's no place for international players at the BPL since it's main purpose is to launch the careers of Bangladeshi players? Or is it just the Pakistani players that aren't welcome and we'll take Australians and Sri Lankans, because there are lots of fringe players from other countries aswell, how come they dont get the same hatred of foreigners i see here, seems like anyone but Pakistanis are okay.if you want a Bangladeshi-only tournament you have DPL, just a make a T20 equivalent, why do you need BPL.
tell me who refused to send them to play bpl?

Old January 17, 2013, 12:05 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
26 Pakistani players, of whom 18 are no names is wholly unnecessary. You want a nice sprinkling of fringe players from all countries, not 17-18 and not all from the same country.
Old January 17, 2013, 12:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
tell me who refused to send them to play bpl?

I know it's the PCB who refused them, but reading here seems like none of the Bangladeshis even wanted to watch Pakistanis in the first place, with such an outpour of joy and bashing following the news of them not coming, there's too much misdirected hatred, yeah you can dislike their cricket board for what they did by refusing NOC's so late to try and derail the tournament, that i agree is unacceptable and they should be sued for it, but that is nooo reason to hate on their players,their country and it's people, it's like an anti-pak zone in here
Old January 17, 2013, 12:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
26 Pakistani players, of whom 18 are no names is wholly unnecessary. You want a nice sprinkling of fringe players from all countries, not 17-18 and not all from the same country.
I agree, I believe it's from the situation of players from other countries not available or not interested in participating in the BPL that there is such an large supply of Pak players, which isn't the players or the franchisees fault, they can only choose from what they're given on the list
Old January 17, 2013, 12:17 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash/Sakib/Razzak

.. never like pakistan as a nation as a team in any format of games as well .. same goes to india as well ..
Old January 17, 2013, 12:19 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
I know it's the PCB who refused them, but reading here seems like none of the Bangladeshis even wanted to watch Pakistanis in the first place, with such an outpour of joy and bashing following the news of them not coming, there's too much misdirected hatred, yeah you can dislike their cricket board for what they did by refusing NOC's so late to try and derail the tournament, that i agree is unacceptable and they should be sued for it, but that is nooo reason to hate on their players,their country and it's people, it's like an anti-pak zone in here
Given the history between our two countries, you'll forgive us for being a little skeptical about anything and anyone Paksitanian or related to Paksitania.
Old January 17, 2013, 12:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Can't wait to see Nafees and Nazimudding bat together
Old January 17, 2013, 12:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Given the history between our two countries, you'll forgive us for being a little skeptical about anything and anyone Paksitanian or related to Paksitania.
haha yeah but it's 2013!! Past our generation, i think we can all be more open and friendly now
btw im sure its not Pakistania/Pakistanian
Old January 17, 2013, 12:53 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Quote:
K bro, you seems misdirected by FB & PP posters about being generalising BD hetrate towards Pakistan, although there is not much resons but to dislike them. General cricket loving BD spectators dont moved much by these wrong headlines, they would be entertained to cheer for known/unknown Pakistani faces anyway, if they were allowed to participate. For your point of argument tbh I dont see much of posts here which you are claiming against BC. So far BC been more understanding cricket fans than others. You know what they are calling us after all this saga? 'traitors', yep they are trying to resemble with '71 seperation with this BCB's backed out to visit in a fully terrorised state!

IMO this is happening all good for BD for the sake of long run of BPL as they dont have to rely on this not-trustworthy foreign board & crowd pullers anymore. This will eventually help our spectators to learn to gather more for our local stars instead of Pakistanis. I'm ashamed to find out that two of our BPL teams were so naive & couldnt forsee this to outcome (or wanted to happen).
Old January 17, 2013, 12:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Surprised Brett Lee is playing, for which team though?
Old January 17, 2013, 12:59 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Surprised Brett Lee is playing, for which team though?
Apparently he will be playing for Dhaka Gladiators.

Not sure what the heck Rangpur and Khulna are doing. So embarrassing.
Old January 17, 2013, 01:00 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
damn - missed it. Someone better have recorded it!

highlights please anyone?
Tune in to any bengali news channel, you will get the highlights, it is a waste of time to watch the whole program
Old January 17, 2013, 01:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricheart
K bro, you seems misdirected by FB & PP posters about being generalising BD hetrate towards Pakistan, although there is not much resons but to dislike them. General cricket loving BD spectators dont moved much by these wrong headlines, they would be entertained to cheer for known/unknown Pakistani faces anyway, if they were allowed to participate. For your point of argument tbh I dont see much of posts here which you are claiming against BC. So far BC been more understanding cricket fans than others. You know what they are calling us after all this saga? 'traitors', yep they are trying to resemble with '71 seperation with this BCB's backed out to visit in a fully terrorised state!

IMO this is happening all good for BD for the sake of long run of BPL as they dont have to rely on this not-trustworthy foreign board & crowd pullers anymore. This will eventually help our spectators to learn to gather more for our local stars instead of Pakistanis. I'm ashamed to find out that two of our BPL teams were so naive & couldnt forsee this to outcome (or wanted to happen).
That makes a lot of sense, i agree spectators should go to the stadiums more for local players than to see foreigners
Old January 17, 2013, 01:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Apparently he will be playing for Dhaka Gladiators.

Not sure what the heck Rangpur and Khulna are doing. So embarrassing.
This is bad news, he should be playing for Khulna or Rangpur, not Dhaka who already have an all star team
Old January 17, 2013, 01:06 PM
Test Cricketer

KRB and/or BCB and/or Rangpur need to issue a Tweet, Press Release or Facebook update saying what measures they have taken to complete their roster.

The Dhaka, Chittagong, Rajshahi and Sylhet squads look all right. KRB and RR have screwed themselves.