facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #451  
Old January 17, 2013, 11:17 AM
Abirz's Avatar
Abirz Abirz is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 11, 2008
Location: 'Straya
Favorite Player: Baz
Posts: 2,750

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Why don't you show some reason for love!!
I dont think we need to love them, same thing with why theres no reason to hate, just don't appreciate seeing so much bashing in cricket to such an extent that you start hating the entire country and everything in it for no apparent reason
__________________
U wot m8?
Reply With Quote
  #452  
Old January 17, 2013, 11:18 AM
Abirz's Avatar
Abirz Abirz is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 11, 2008
Location: 'Straya
Favorite Player: Baz
Posts: 2,750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
No way! is Mohammad Isam actually a Pakistani? if so why on earth does he cover Bangladesh articles on Cricinfo?
No mate, he's 100% Bengali
__________________
U wot m8?
Reply With Quote
  #453  
Old January 17, 2013, 11:21 AM
Cric Boss Cric Boss is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: December 20, 2012
Posts: 703

Magical aunty duijon ki kortese ???? !!!!!?! Amar to lozza lagtase.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Reply With Quote
  #454  
Old January 17, 2013, 11:24 AM
Cric Boss Cric Boss is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: December 20, 2012
Posts: 703

R koybar stage a daraiya emne dress change korbe???? !!! Ami to lojjay bap-mar shamne TV dekhte partasi nah

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Reply With Quote
  #455  
Old January 17, 2013, 11:25 AM
Roni_uk's Avatar
Roni_uk Roni_uk is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: May 22, 2007
Location: Dhaka, London, Sydney
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir
Posts: 11,975

damn - missed it. Someone better have recorded it!

highlights please anyone?
Reply With Quote
  #456  
Old January 17, 2013, 11:26 AM
Abirz's Avatar
Abirz Abirz is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 11, 2008
Location: 'Straya
Favorite Player: Baz
Posts: 2,750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
Yes, I do get annoyed when Bangladeshis suck up to Pakistanis no matter what the excuse (e.g. "some of the most exciting T20 players in the world, etc.). However, my lack of empathy or sympathy for KRB goes beyond my dislike for Pakistanian players.

A good businessman hedges his bets, diversifies risk. He or she does not put all their eggs in one basket. KRB failed to adhere to this simple rule of business by acquiring 7 Pakistanian players. Bear in mind that right after the BCB postponed its tour to Pakistania on Dec. 31, Nazmul Paps acknowledged that there might be a retaliatory move from the PCB regarding the issuance of NOCs to Pakistanian players auctioned in the BPL. So the franchise owners should have moved immediately to protect their business interests at that point by seeking recruits from other countries. How can Orion Group (owners of KRB), a well-established conglomerate, not have even that much foresight? And if they don't have even that much foresight, how the Sam Hill do they even do business?

Furthermore, KRB were trying to cheap out with their foreign recruits (even the Pakistanian ones). I have no respect for that. Filling the squad with the likes of a Bilawal Bhatti, Awaiz Zia, Umar Amin and Haris Sohail is just plain BS. Not just player recruitment, look at the state of their merchandising (you can't actually buy their stuff even though it's advertised online) and their website (no up-to-date information). It's all a freaking shambles.

So, please, don't tell me I have to feel for the KRB's plight. They did this to themselves.
Im not sucking up to anyone by saying they're good in t20, im stating whats true unbiasedly, They won the T20 world cup and you can see the international T20 stats, 3 of the best bowlers in T20 cricket ever are from Pak. I enjoyed watching Ahmed Shehzad bat a lot last season, he was the highest run scorer for Barishal and I still remember his fastest 100, was a treat to watch

Yes i agree KRB should've thought better but it's not their fault entirely to pick pak players , they did it like everyone else, the BCB should've had a clear stance from the beginning and not put teams into a situation like this from the beginning, the BCB are the ones who provide the auctions lists, if they felt that there is a chance Pak players might not come then they shouldn't have auctioned them in the first place. And then you give a deadline until 2 days before the tournament, what were they thinking, what joke is this

It just makes the tournament such an unfair playground from the start, like we dont even need to watch it and can already tell the winners will be out of 2 to 3 teams. Makes the overall viewing experience so bad

P.S Awais Zia is a really exciting t20 player
__________________
U wot m8?
Reply With Quote
  #457  
Old January 17, 2013, 11:39 AM
Shubho Shubho is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 20, 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,872

I agree that the BCB is primarily at fault. However, we all know that the BCB has a long history of screwing up, especially since the days of The Lotus. As a well-established conglomerate, Orion Group should have enough business sense not to put all their eggs in one basket.

As for the Pakistanian players, at least two thirds of the 26 acquired in the auction are not among "the most exciting T20 players in the world", they are not even household names beyond maybe their cities. Who is Bilawal Bhatti? Who is Umar Amin? Who is Awaiz Zia? Who is Sharjeel Khan? Who is Raja Ali Dar? Who is Anwar Ali? Do these guys deserve places in BPL squads ahead of Bangladeshi players? I don't think so.
Reply With Quote
  #458  
Old January 17, 2013, 11:46 AM
Shubho Shubho is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 20, 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,872

Apparently, Brett Lee and Ben Edmondson have been signed. By whom, I don't know. This news comes courtesy of #bplt20 Twitter feeds. Got to love the Twitter.
Reply With Quote
  #459  
Old January 17, 2013, 11:55 AM
Abirz's Avatar
Abirz Abirz is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 11, 2008
Location: 'Straya
Favorite Player: Baz
Posts: 2,750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
I agree that the BCB is primarily at fault. However, we all know that the BCB has a long history of screwing up, especially since the days of The Lotus. As a well-established conglomerate, Orion Group should have enough business sense not to put all their eggs in one basket.

As for the Pakistanian players, at least two thirds of the 26 acquired in the auction are not among "the most exciting T20 players in the world", they are not even household names beyond maybe their cities. Who is Bilawal Bhatti? Who is Umar Amin? Who is Awaiz Zia? Who is Sharjeel Khan? Who is Raja Ali Dar? Who is Anwar Ali? Do these guys deserve places in BPL squads ahead of Bangladeshi players? I don't think so.

P.S. If Anwar Ali is a really exciting player, then the Pakistan cricket team should pick him. The BPL isn't a platform for him to launch his career. If anything, it's a platform for Bangladeshi players to launch their careers.
Does that mean there's no place for international players at the BPL since it's main purpose is to launch the careers of Bangladeshi players? Or is it just the Pakistani players that aren't welcome and we'll take Australians and Sri Lankans, because there are lots of fringe players from other countries aswell, how come they dont get the same hatred of foreigners i see here, seems like anyone but Pakistanis are okay.if you want a Bangladeshi-only tournament you have DPL, just a make a T20 equivalent, why do you need BPL.
__________________
U wot m8?
Reply With Quote
  #460  
Old January 17, 2013, 12:01 PM
Abirz's Avatar
Abirz Abirz is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 11, 2008
Location: 'Straya
Favorite Player: Baz
Posts: 2,750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
Apparently, Brett Lee and Ben Edmondson have been signed. By whom, I don't know. This news comes courtesy of #bplt20 Twitter feeds. Got to love the Twitter.
Well i hope they went to a team that really needs them, at this point BCB should step in to help Khulna and Rangpur, it's the least they could do for messing things up so bad
__________________
U wot m8?
Reply With Quote
  #461  
Old January 17, 2013, 12:01 PM
ahnaf's Avatar
ahnaf ahnaf is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 31, 2010
Location: Dhaka,BD
Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib
Posts: 3,179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abirz
Does that mean there's no place for international players at the BPL since it's main purpose is to launch the careers of Bangladeshi players? Or is it just the Pakistani players that aren't welcome and we'll take Australians and Sri Lankans, because there are lots of fringe players from other countries aswell, how come they dont get the same hatred of foreigners i see here, seems like anyone but Pakistanis are okay.if you want a Bangladeshi-only tournament you have DPL, just a make a T20 equivalent, why do you need BPL.
tell me who refused to send them to play bpl?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Reply With Quote
  #462  
Old January 17, 2013, 12:05 PM
Shubho Shubho is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 20, 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,872

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abirz
Does that mean there's no place for international players at the BPL since it's main purpose is to launch the careers of Bangladeshi players? Or is it just the Pakistani players that aren't welcome and we'll take Australians and Sri Lankans, because there are lots of fringe players from other countries aswell, how come they dont get the same hatred of foreigners i see here, seems like anyone but Pakistanis are okay.if you want a Bangladeshi-only tournament you have DPL, just a make a T20 equivalent, why do you need BPL.
26 Pakistani players, of whom 18 are no names is wholly unnecessary. You want a nice sprinkling of fringe players from all countries, not 17-18 and not all from the same country.
Reply With Quote
  #463  
Old January 17, 2013, 12:09 PM
Abirz's Avatar
Abirz Abirz is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 11, 2008
Location: 'Straya
Favorite Player: Baz
Posts: 2,750

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
tell me who refused to send them to play bpl?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
I know it's the PCB who refused them, but reading here seems like none of the Bangladeshis even wanted to watch Pakistanis in the first place, with such an outpour of joy and bashing following the news of them not coming, there's too much misdirected hatred, yeah you can dislike their cricket board for what they did by refusing NOC's so late to try and derail the tournament, that i agree is unacceptable and they should be sued for it, but that is nooo reason to hate on their players,their country and it's people, it's like an anti-pak zone in here
__________________
U wot m8?
Reply With Quote
  #464  
Old January 17, 2013, 12:17 PM
Abirz's Avatar
Abirz Abirz is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 11, 2008
Location: 'Straya
Favorite Player: Baz
Posts: 2,750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
26 Pakistani players, of whom 18 are no names is wholly unnecessary. You want a nice sprinkling of fringe players from all countries, not 17-18 and not all from the same country.
I agree, I believe it's from the situation of players from other countries not available or not interested in participating in the BPL that there is such an large supply of Pak players, which isn't the players or the franchisees fault, they can only choose from what they're given on the list
__________________
U wot m8?
Reply With Quote
  #465  
Old January 17, 2013, 12:17 PM
zazabor's Avatar
zazabor zazabor is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: June 6, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Mash/Sakib/Razzak
Posts: 241

.. never like pakistan as a nation as a team in any format of games as well .. same goes to india as well ..
__________________
bangla amader gorbo
Reply With Quote
  #466  
Old January 17, 2013, 12:19 PM
Shubho Shubho is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 20, 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,872

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abirz
I know it's the PCB who refused them, but reading here seems like none of the Bangladeshis even wanted to watch Pakistanis in the first place, with such an outpour of joy and bashing following the news of them not coming, there's too much misdirected hatred, yeah you can dislike their cricket board for what they did by refusing NOC's so late to try and derail the tournament, that i agree is unacceptable and they should be sued for it, but that is nooo reason to hate on their players,their country and it's people, it's like an anti-pak zone in here
Given the history between our two countries, you'll forgive us for being a little skeptical about anything and anyone Paksitanian or related to Paksitania.
Reply With Quote
  #467  
Old January 17, 2013, 12:26 PM
Abirz's Avatar
Abirz Abirz is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 11, 2008
Location: 'Straya
Favorite Player: Baz
Posts: 2,750

Can't wait to see Nafees and Nazimudding bat together
__________________
U wot m8?
Reply With Quote
  #468  
Old January 17, 2013, 12:29 PM
Abirz's Avatar
Abirz Abirz is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 11, 2008
Location: 'Straya
Favorite Player: Baz
Posts: 2,750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
Given the history between our two countries, you'll forgive us for being a little skeptical about anything and anyone Paksitanian or related to Paksitania.
haha yeah but it's 2013!! Past our generation, i think we can all be more open and friendly now
btw im sure its not Pakistania/Pakistanian
__________________
U wot m8?
Reply With Quote
  #469  
Old January 17, 2013, 12:53 PM
cricheart's Avatar
cricheart cricheart is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 2, 2012
Location: Haowa Bhaban
Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers
Posts: 1,592

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abirz
I know it's the PCB who refused them, but reading here seems like none of the Bangladeshis even wanted to watch Pakistanis in the first place, with such an outpour of joy and bashing following the news of them not coming, there's too much misdirected hatred, yeah you can dislike their cricket board for what they did by refusing NOC's so late to try and derail the tournament, that i agree is unacceptable and they should be sued for it, but that is nooo reason to hate on their players,their country and it's people, it's like an anti-pak zone in here
K bro, you seems misdirected by FB & PP posters about being generalising BD hetrate towards Pakistan, although there is not much resons but to dislike them. General cricket loving BD spectators dont moved much by these wrong headlines, they would be entertained to cheer for known/unknown Pakistani faces anyway, if they were allowed to participate. For your point of argument tbh I dont see much of posts here which you are claiming against BC. So far BC been more understanding cricket fans than others. You know what they are calling us after all this saga? 'traitors', yep they are trying to resemble with '71 seperation with this BCB's backed out to visit in a fully terrorised state!

IMO this is happening all good for BD for the sake of long run of BPL as they dont have to rely on this not-trustworthy foreign board & crowd pullers anymore. This will eventually help our spectators to learn to gather more for our local stars instead of Pakistanis. I'm ashamed to find out that two of our BPL teams were so naive & couldnt forsee this to outcome (or wanted to happen).
Reply With Quote
  #470  
Old January 17, 2013, 12:55 PM
NoName's Avatar
NoName NoName is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 9, 2011
Location: Sauga
Posts: 2,865

Surprised Brett Lee is playing, for which team though?
__________________
"Life is a dream from which we all must wake."
Reply With Quote
  #471  
Old January 17, 2013, 12:59 PM
Shubho Shubho is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 20, 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,872

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Surprised Brett Lee is playing, for which team though?
Apparently he will be playing for Dhaka Gladiators.

Not sure what the heck Rangpur and Khulna are doing. So embarrassing.
Reply With Quote
  #472  
Old January 17, 2013, 01:00 PM
ReZ_1's Avatar
ReZ_1 ReZ_1 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 31, 2012
Location: Where heart touches mind
Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler
Posts: 1,751

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
damn - missed it. Someone better have recorded it!

highlights please anyone?
Tune in to any bengali news channel, you will get the highlights, it is a waste of time to watch the whole program
__________________
"- O Allah, forgive our sins and have mercy on us ! Help us through worst times and bless us with good ones, you are the ONE the only one to guide us to right path and save us from disasters.."
Reply With Quote
  #473  
Old January 17, 2013, 01:02 PM
Abirz's Avatar
Abirz Abirz is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 11, 2008
Location: 'Straya
Favorite Player: Baz
Posts: 2,750

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricheart
K bro, you seems misdirected by FB & PP posters about being generalising BD hetrate towards Pakistan, although there is not much resons but to dislike them. General cricket loving BD spectators dont moved much by these wrong headlines, they would be entertained to cheer for known/unknown Pakistani faces anyway, if they were allowed to participate. For your point of argument tbh I dont see much of posts here which you are claiming against BC. So far BC been more understanding cricket fans than others. You know what they are calling us after all this saga? 'traitors', yep they are trying to resemble with '71 seperation with this BCB's backed out to visit in a fully terrorised state!

IMO this is happening all good for BD for the sake of long run of BPL as they dont have to rely on this not-trustworthy foreign board & crowd pullers anymore. This will eventually help our spectators to learn to gather more for our local stars instead of Pakistanis. I'm ashamed to find out that two of our BPL teams were so naive & couldnt forsee this to outcome (or wanted to happen).
That makes a lot of sense, i agree spectators should go to the stadiums more for local players than to see foreigners
__________________
U wot m8?
Reply With Quote
  #474  
Old January 17, 2013, 01:04 PM
Abirz's Avatar
Abirz Abirz is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 11, 2008
Location: 'Straya
Favorite Player: Baz
Posts: 2,750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
Apparently he will be playing for Dhaka Gladiators.

Not sure what the heck Rangpur and Khulna are doing. So embarrassing.
This is bad news, he should be playing for Khulna or Rangpur, not Dhaka who already have an all star team
__________________
U wot m8?
Reply With Quote
  #475  
Old January 17, 2013, 01:06 PM
Shubho Shubho is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 20, 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,872

KRB and/or BCB and/or Rangpur need to issue a Tweet, Press Release or Facebook update saying what measures they have taken to complete their roster.

The Dhaka, Chittagong, Rajshahi and Sylhet squads look all right. KRB and RR have screwed themselves.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket