facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old February 6, 2013, 11:47 AM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 42,152

Riyad er Int T20 avg and SR dekhle cricket khela dekha bondo kore dite mon chai...


lucky he got 64 notout in his last T20 he played, where he couldn't hit lollipop full toss of CG.
__________________
Kholi: I hated being on the bench and not playing
our gadhas: I love being on the bench as im getting paid anyway
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old February 6, 2013, 12:13 PM
HereWeGo HereWeGo is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 7, 2006
Posts: 2,339

Mashrafee should not be in the team... even his 2 wickets against Rangpur wasnt particularly because of great deliveries....

We should experiment with other SLA's atleast in T20.. Razzaq is good but we have so many, I wonder why we dont experiment much...
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old February 6, 2013, 12:50 PM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,647

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Riyad er Int T20 avg and SR dekhle cricket khela dekha bondo kore dite mon chai...


lucky he got 64 notout in his last T20 he played, where he couldn't hit lollipop full toss of CG.
Right you are.
1.Riyad is not fit for T20 cricket.
2. He is a poor finisher in ODI. He need to bat up in ODI or need to learn more shots to become a finisher.
3. He is good in tests no doubt. Interestingly he is in stroke maker in tests(I mean plays lot of strokes in tests)
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old February 6, 2013, 01:49 PM
Tiger Manc's Avatar
Tiger Manc Tiger Manc is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 2, 2009
Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo
Posts: 4,524

Tests:

1. Tamim
2. Anamul
3. Jahurul
4. Naeem
5. Shakib
6. Nasir
7. Mushy
8. Riyad
9. Gazi
10. Rubel
11. Nazmul
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old February 6, 2013, 01:52 PM
Tiger Manc's Avatar
Tiger Manc Tiger Manc is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 2, 2009
Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo
Posts: 4,524

ODI:

1. Tamim
2. Anamul
3. Jahurul
4. Mushy
5. Shakib
6. Nasir
7. Riyad
8. Mashrafe
9. Gazi
10. Razzak
11. Nazmul
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old February 6, 2013, 02:08 PM
Saifulsohel Saifulsohel is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: October 21, 2011
Location: Dhaka,Bd
Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul
Posts: 1,248

Habibul Bashar stated that there were a few positions in the team thatwere up for grabs. “There is scope for new names to emerge in the second, third and fourth positions in the batting order. The positive is that a number of batsmen have been among the runs.” said Bashar. http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=268139
__________________
A cricket-lover engineer
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old February 6, 2013, 02:12 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 15,840

Khaise. Bashar's favorite player will be back.... top of the batting order.
__________________
Stop that “chudurbudur”
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old February 6, 2013, 02:44 PM
kalpurush's Avatar
kalpurush kalpurush is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 7, 2005
Location: Victoria: Heaven's Earth!
Posts: 17,156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saifulsohel
Habibul Bashar stated that there were a few positions in the team thatwere up for grabs. “There is scope for new names to emerge in the second, third and fourth positions in the batting order. The positive is that a number of batsmen have been among the runs.” said Bashar. http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=268139
I hope Tamim and Razzak recovers soon. Not sure what's going on with Shakib - if his injury is not serious, he should play the Sri Lanka series and decide whether he should go for operation or not.

Don't putting much emphasis on Zimbabwe tour, but we will be needing Shakib for the Sri Lanka series if we want to win a game or two.

It is a great opportunity for us to beat Sri Lanka in their soil this time, but without Shakib it is not likely IMHO.

Though, Shakib's fitness issue is more important - no point making him play with his injury if it is a serious one.

All the best ^^^
__________________
> Start slow. Build a base. Then explode.
> I needed to perform so that I could give my countrymen an occasion to cherish and be proud of - Ice Man
> My photographs @ flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/obayedh/
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old February 6, 2013, 02:57 PM
Spiderman Spiderman is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: January 16, 2013
Location: London
Favorite Player: Anamul
Posts: 207

I don't mind Shakib missing the Zimbabwe tour but just let him play in the Sri Lanka tour then he can have his operation though really I'm disappointed he didn't have that operation during the West Indies ODI series. Also it would be great if Bangladesh can arrange ODIs against Ireland, Scotland, Netherlands and Afghanistan during the ICC Trophy since we won't be playing Cricket. Shakib should stop playing BPL and just take it easy till the tour.

This should be the Test, ODI and T20 team for Sri Lanka -

Test - Tamim, Anamul, Naeem, Shahriar, Shakib, Mahmudullah, Nasir, Rahim, Gazi, Rubel and Abul reserves...Shafiul, Nazmul, Sunny, Marshall and Kapali.

ODI - Tamim, Anamul, Shahriar, Shakib, Nasir, Rahim, Mahmudullah, Gazi, Mortaza, Rubel and Shafiul reserves...Nazmul, Shamsur, Milon, Sunny and Jahurul.

T20 - Tamim, Shamsur, Anamul, Nasir, Rahim, Milon, Sabbir, Mashrafe, Gazi, Sunny and Shafiul reserves...Rubel, Mahmudullah, Naeem, Jahurul and Ashraful.

Also I do not understand why some Bangladesh fans are so negative and say we will lose and all that, we are playing Sri Lanka not South Africa or Australia. I checked the stats of the Sri Lanka players and if you exclude the experience trio of theirs, the other players are not much different from ours. Malinga won't be playing tests and their fast bowlers averages are the worst in terms of the top 8. Its their batting which looks dangerous and may get them through but I won't be surprised if Bangladesh wins the Test and ODI series.

Last edited by Spiderman; February 6, 2013 at 03:48 PM.. Reason: Correction to something and add a bit more.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old February 6, 2013, 03:13 PM
zahidnyc zahidnyc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: July 3, 2012
Location: newyork
Favorite Player: Mahmudullah ,sakib tamim
Posts: 121

we will whitewash them insha allah atleast on odi , here is the perfect 11 for sl tour

1 TAMIM IQBAL
2 ANAMUL HAUQE
3 MAHMUDULLAH RIYAD
4 SAKIB AL HASAN
5 MUSFIQUR RAHIM
6 NASIR HOSSAIN
7 MASRAFFIE MORTAZA / SHADDAT TEST
8 ABDUR RAZZAK / ENAMUL JUNIOR ON TEST
9 SOHAG GAZI
10 RUBEL HOSSAIN
11 NEED FAST BOWLER WHO CAN BOWL ATLEAST 145+ AVERAGERLY WE NEED TO FIND THAT FROM WHOLE BANGLADESH
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old February 6, 2013, 03:25 PM
Max100 Max100 is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 12, 2012
Location: Hawaii
Favorite Player: miller,ryder,warner,nasir
Posts: 932

I think in test

Marshall
Mehrab jr
Enamul jr
Should be under consideration
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old February 6, 2013, 04:25 PM
Umar's Avatar
Umar Umar is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 21, 2005
Location: London, UK
Favorite Player: Real player,Media player
Posts: 1,617

T/20 & ODI'S
Tamim
Jahurul <> (If under performs, get Naeem/Nafees for test)
Anamul <> (If under performs, get Naeem/Nafees for test)
Mushfiq
Shakib
Nasir
Riyadh
Shabbir <> (Mominul for test)
Gazi
Mashrafee <> (Abul?/Rubel/ Nazmul for test)
Shafiul

Other members: Abdur-Razzak, Abul, Mominul, Naeem, Nafees, Nazmul, Rubel.

For Test..
Substitute Shabbir with Mominul or Abdur Razzak
Substitute Mashrafee with Nazmul/Rubel

And if Anamul or Jahurul under-performs..substitute with Naeem or Nafees!


Finally ...now I can say...
There will be no SHAHADAT! NO JUNAID SIDDIQ, NO ASHRAFUL in the tour!


but as always.... the whim for a 'INJURY LESS, GENUINE FAST BOWLER WITH LINE AND LENGHT ACCURATE" still remains

If Srilanka can get someone like Kulasekara...why can't we get one (even a Kulasekara standard) from such great population power we have! Our fast bowlers shambles the term "SPEED"! heck we don't even need a speed camera to count their speed most of the time!
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old February 6, 2013, 11:19 PM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,380

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
I don't mind Shakib missing the Zimbabwe tour but just let him play in the Sri Lanka tour then he can have his operation though really I'm disappointed he didn't have that operation during the West Indies ODI series. Also it would be great if Bangladesh can arrange ODIs against Ireland, Scotland, Netherlands and Afghanistan during the ICC Trophy since we won't be playing Cricket. Shakib should stop playing BPL and just take it easy till the tour.

This should be the Test, ODI and T20 team for Sri Lanka -

Test - Tamim, Anamul, Naeem, Shahriar, Shakib, Mahmudullah, Nasir, Rahim, Gazi, Rubel and Abul reserves...Shafiul, Nazmul, Sunny, Marshall and Kapali.

ODI - Tamim, Anamul, Shahriar, Shakib, Nasir, Rahim, Mahmudullah, Gazi, Mortaza, Rubel and Shafiul reserves...Nazmul, Shamsur, Milon, Sunny and Jahurul.

T20 - Tamim, Shamsur, Anamul, Nasir, Rahim, Milon, Sabbir, Mashrafe, Gazi, Sunny and Shafiul reserves...Rubel, Mahmudullah, Naeem, Jahurul and Ashraful.

Also I do not understand why some Bangladesh fans are so negative and say we will lose and all that, we are playing Sri Lanka not South Africa or Australia. I checked the stats of the Sri Lanka players and if you exclude the experience trio of theirs, the other players are not much different from ours. Malinga won't be playing tests and their fast bowlers averages are the worst in terms of the top 8. Its their batting which looks dangerous and may get them through but I won't be surprised if Bangladesh wins the Test and ODI series.
It's good to see you being positive about this tour but it seems your also downplaying SL's abilities. This is a very good team and we saw this on display against Australia where they won 2 ODIs and 2 T20's. Look at the WI struggling now with Australia. SL is a stronger, more consistent team compared to the WI and on top of that we're playing them away from home.

If we want to to beat SL, we're going to need to play really good cricket. All 3 departments need to click. I'm confident we'll perform we'll against SL but it'll be a hard task for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old February 6, 2013, 11:30 PM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,380

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Riyad er Int T20 avg and SR dekhle cricket khela dekha bondo kore dite mon chai...


lucky he got 64 notout in his last T20 he played, where he couldn't hit lollipop full toss of CG.
Sorry but I'd rather have a proper batsman like Riyad over a slogger like Milon. Just because he's got "power" doesn't mean he'll be good in T20's. He lacks shots in his armory which will get him in trouble against international attacks. Just look at how Zia has turned out and you'll see where power has gotten him. Milon could be better than Zia but I still don't have much confidence in him. True Riyad has underperformed in this format but I know he has it in him to perform. Didn't we say not too long ago that he should just play Tests? Now look at how well he played against WI. So lets stick with Riyad rather than going for a slogger lie Milon.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old February 7, 2013, 01:11 AM
Eshen's Avatar
Eshen Eshen is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 27, 2007
Posts: 8,430

After the WI series, Riyad's place in the Test and ODI team should not be questionen soon. But, for T20I, Jahurul and Sabbir are much better options.
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old February 7, 2013, 01:38 AM
Eshen's Avatar
Eshen Eshen is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 27, 2007
Posts: 8,430

Test:

Tamim - auto choice
Anamul - ideal for one down, but should open for lack of a better choice
Naeem - technically sound enough, need him play sheet anchor
Nasir - being wasted in late order, need to be brought forward
Mushfiq - auto choice
Shakib - auto choice
Mahmudullah - auto choice
Sohag - auto choice
Sunny - should not burden Shak much, so there should be a second specialist spinner
Rubel - auto choice given fit
Abul - for lack of a better choice

Reserves:

Jahurul - warming up to him after last few BPL matches (though it's a wrong format)
Shamsur - looks technically sound, should be groomed during this tour
Abdur Razzak - improved enough to be considered as a back up option for Test team
Shafiul - unfit for the format, but should be there for lack of a better choice

For ODI and T20I, Mash should take Abul's place. For T20I only, Shabbir should be brought in place of Riyad.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old February 7, 2013, 03:25 AM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 42,152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Sorry but I'd rather have a proper batsman like Riyad over a slogger like Milon. Just because he's got "power" doesn't mean he'll be good in T20's. He lacks shots in his armory which will get him in trouble against international attacks. Just look at how Zia has turned out and you'll see where power has gotten him. Milon could be better than Zia but I still don't have much confidence in him. True Riyad has underperformed in this format but I know he has it in him to perform. Didn't we say not too long ago that he should just play Tests? Now look at how well he played against WI. So lets stick with Riyad rather than going for a slogger lie Milon.
Where in my post I said I want Milon in place of Riyad?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old February 7, 2013, 04:21 AM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
Favorite Player: Luka Modric
Posts: 5,384

Riyad to me is a test specialist who can be effective in certain situations in ODIs. He seems to be the person who hangs in there when there is a batting collapse. I think if a person has that specific quality then he should be batting higher to make sure there won't be any batting collapses in the first place. Riyad should not be low down the order in ODIs.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old February 7, 2013, 07:08 AM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,380

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Where in my post I said I want Milon in place of Riyad?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Sorry bhai I meant to quote post #66 where you wanted milon over riyad.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old February 7, 2013, 09:27 AM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 21,136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Test:

Tamim - auto choice
Anamul - ideal for one down, but should open for lack of a better choice
Naeem - technically sound enough, need him play sheet anchor
Nasir - being wasted in late order, need to be brought forward
Mushfiq - auto choice
Shakib - auto choice
Mahmudullah - auto choice
Sohag - auto choice
Sunny - should not burden Shak much, so there should be a second specialist spinner
Rubel - auto choice given fit
Abul - for lack of a better choice

Reserves:

Jahurul - warming up to him after last few BPL matches (though it's a wrong format)
Shamsur - looks technically sound, should be groomed during this tour
Abdur Razzak - improved enough to be considered as a back up option for Test team
Shafiul - unfit for the format, but should be there for lack of a better choice

For ODI and T20I, Mash should take Abul's place. For T20I only, Shabbir should be brought in place of Riyad.
Shakib is too good a batsman to have him languish at 6...he's our most skilled batsman across formats (Tamim and a few others have more talent, but aren't as skilled). Nasir does deserve a promo, but not to #4 yet. I agree with whoever said Riyad is only suited for certain limited overs situations...a chase of 250+ in ODIs or 160+ in T20s and we'll see how poor Riyad is. But I think he's good enough in both temperament and technique to get a long run at #4. I agree that Anamul should be at one down, and maybe we should draft in Jaharul to open with Tamim. So my lineup for the first SL Test would be:

Tamim
Jaharul
Anamul
Riyad
Shakib
Nasir
Mushfiq
Gazi
Sunny
Shafiul/Nazmul
Rubel

Naeem, Shahadat, Enamul, Saqlain would be my bench.
__________________
Bangladesh is a stronger team with Shakib al Hasan.
Bangladesh is a stronger team without Shakib al Hasan.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old February 7, 2013, 01:28 PM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 42,152

I guess its time to rest E. Sunny as he lost his form and give a chance to Enamul haque jr. Best bowler in BPL 2 so far
__________________
Kholi: I hated being on the bench and not playing
our gadhas: I love being on the bench as im getting paid anyway
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old February 7, 2013, 01:44 PM
ahnaf's Avatar
ahnaf ahnaf is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 31, 2010
Location: Dhaka,BD
Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib
Posts: 3,380

^ i would rather give chance to Mosarraf rubel..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old February 7, 2013, 05:26 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,919

i would keep mushy at #4 for this series, we might not like riyad down the order but that's the only open spot for him atm imo, so he's going to have to work out how to do it or get out of the team for now. mushy was the #4 against WI for the ODIs and he actually did ok, started to find his feet at the #4 spot so i really think he should be persisted with in the #4 spot for at least this series to see whether the WI series was him finding his feet or a bit of luck.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old February 7, 2013, 09:40 PM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Location: City of Traffic Jam
Favorite Player: Gilly
Posts: 12,709

lol people thinking no not thinking confident about white washing SL in SL

over confidence is a bad thing people
__________________
Associates whom Bangladesh has lost to: 1.Kenya 2.Canada 3.Ireland 4.Netherlands 5. Scotland 6. Afganistan 7. Hongkong
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old February 7, 2013, 09:44 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Posts: 25,808

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
lol people thinking no not thinking confident about white washing SL in SL

over confidence is a bad thing people
so is being scared sh---less.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket