facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Closed Thread

Old February 7, 2013, 10:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Fantastic Stuff. Thank you so much boss for sharing this
Old February 7, 2013, 10:28 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
You are speaking only in abstractions and assumptions and basing your opinions on what photo-journalists can sell. Ignore those two kids. The people massing there are not just your easily manipulated teens or twenty-somethings - you have people in their thirties, forties, and fifities - not payjama wearing Marx spewing college students but working men and women - many of my relatives and friends are there.
A personal story will illuminate where I am coming from:
Once I was riding one passenger side and the person driving the car left and police came so I had to move the car as there were two other females who didn't know how to drive.

Since I was unaccustomed to the right-side I crashed into a rickshawala who went flying to the ground. Immediately we were swarmed by a lynch mob, not unlike the ones shown in Argo and Zero Dark Thirty, who kept banging on our cars and surrounding. I got a bit scared, but for the life of the rickshawala, hoping against hope, he was alive.

Turned out he was alive, but to clean the guilt I gave him- I forget- but at least Tk1000. And just like that the crowd dissipated.
So this is exactly how mob mentality in Bangladesh works:
1. There is a crowd, many who are illiterate or got little education, who believe in right vs wrong, which albeit due to religious background may stem from what is inscribed in Koran.

2. They see injustice or wrong and in my case it was hitting of rickshawala.

3. They take justice in their own hands. Street rally, mob marching, or gonopitani of pick-pocketers. They are not interested in the tone of accident but rather for a side-show.

4. Finally, after justice is served, either through death of the accused, or by monetary settlement, they go on living their lives as if nothing had happened.
Whole point of the story? It's very easy to get into bandwagon when there is a clear distinction between 'right' vs. 'wrong' when it reality it is being part of a crowd and unity. Then some people were complaining why I gave such huge amount to the guy. But as soon as the money was given they acted as if justice was served.

Unity by itself can be harmless. But by same tactic, a united mob driven by agenda can be as violent as real perpetrators.
Old February 7, 2013, 10:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Disillusioned by the blood sucking politics.
I have lost everything in this violent mesh. Yearning for the light of freedom.
I am ALONE,
I am MILLION,
I am BANGLADESH.

After a long time Bangladeshis are focused and charged up.Never let the politicians to take any credit out of this movement.A change is coming for sure.

#BanglaSpring ♥
Cricket Bangladesh FB fan page Mufi r kobita maire dise, without mentioning his name !!!!
Old February 7, 2013, 10:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Cricket Bangladesh FB fan page Mufi r kobita maire dise, without mentioning his name !!!!
Thaak, Mufir Kobita ta onek shundor shoise. Share koruk
Old February 7, 2013, 10:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Thaak, Mufir Kobita ta onek shundor shoise. Share koruk
Share korte to problem nai, problem hocche Oi shob fb fan page kono credit deya charai BC theke video, comments emon ki poem o churi kora shuru korche !!!

At least, 'Collected' likhleo to mana jaye !
Old February 7, 2013, 11:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Amar lines gula already churi kore FB e share korao shuru hoye gese. Thanks to Naimul bhai, Imran Ahmed (maybe BC member!) for pointing it out. The change is coming!! Starting from today, starting from Shahbag.
Old February 7, 2013, 11:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Amar lines gula already churi kore FB e share korao shuru hoye gese. Thanks to Naimul bhai, Imran Ahmed (maybe BC member!) for pointing it out. The change is coming!! Starting from today, starting from Shahbag.
Hahaha...that chor deleted my post and wrote 'Collected' as i suggested him here !! Anyway, bhalo jinish churi kora kharap kichu na !!!
Old February 8, 2013, 12:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
And what makes you think they are not thinking and just parroting?

Have you spoken to any one of the participants of the demonstrations? You can disagree till the cow comes home, but once you speak to them, you'll realize that free will and ability to think is alive and well in Bangladesh. Yes, I have spoken to quite a few.

Cynicism is no longer cool.

PS; And god has nothing to do with this.
Zunaid r u an atheist ?
Old February 8, 2013, 12:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsn...07022013172266
ei holo amader BNP.. Ei koyekdin e unara eita bujhte perechen..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old February 8, 2013, 12:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsn...07022013172266
ei holo amader BNP.. Ei koyekdin e unara eita bujhte perechen..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Quoting from PA:

Quote:
সব তরুণ আওয়ামী লীগপন্থী নয়। তবে বেশির ভাগ তরুণ মুক্তিযুদ্ধের সমর্থক। বিএনপিকে এ বাস্তবতা বুঝতে হবে। এটা বুঝতে ব্যর্থ হলে তাকে হারাতে হবে অনেক কিছু। ( প্রথম আলো : মুহাম্মদ জাহাঙ্গীর )
Old February 8, 2013, 01:06 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Hobe hobe bhai, shobi hobe !! Manush bhuley gesilo kivabe dabi adaye kore nite hoy. Manush ei shob issue bhule jaye ni. Khali dorkar chilo ekta boro matrar upolokkho. Otit e ki korchi na korchi, ei shob niye ekhon ar doladoli na kori, shamne ki korte hobe shetai ekhon dekhar bishoy !!

Hobey Insha Allah.

BPL e BB r Khobor Ki Bhai...; Champion Hobo na ekbar ? -)
Old February 8, 2013, 01:06 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matribhasha
Zunaid r u an atheist ?
how is that relevant to this discussion?

I called up many of my friends in Dhaka and they are all going after work as well. Seems like the resentment towards politicians is very strong and the outright rejection to the political party leaders to give speeches also confirms this. I hope the people stay united and focused on the issues at hand and stay alert to outside conspirators who might try to hijack the movement.
Old February 8, 2013, 01:14 AM
Cricket Sage

Exciting Time For BD, Giving new hope.....
Old February 8, 2013, 01:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the Tigers

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

More pics on

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=b1ceca2812
Old February 8, 2013, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matribhasha
Zunaid r u an atheist ?
God must have whispered in your ear to ask this question I guess? Am I allowed to think that He did not? And before you go wondering on me, my religion ... let me help you out in that case ... I am a Human Being as well as a Muslim.

Note : If you have something to add on the topic then feel free to do so, otherwise off topic discussion wont be welcome here on BC.
Old February 8, 2013, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
I called up many of my friends in Dhaka and they are all going after work as well. Seems like the resentment towards politicians is very strong and the outright rejection to the political party leaders to give speeches also confirms this. I hope the people stay united and focused on the issues at hand and stay alert to outside conspirators who might try to hijack the movement.
Yes, this is the key to bring the positive result out of this demonstration. I fear that we/people dont mess it up this time.
Old February 8, 2013, 02:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

After decades of corruption, nepotism, cronyism, and almost every other negative ism one can imagine - our countrymen are finally united with a common goal. I hope this goal can transcend the clamors for the death of a few criminals and transform into a vociferous call to arms to change the very backbone of Bangladeshi politics and legal system.
Old February 8, 2013, 02:47 AM

Quote:

প্রজন্মের বাঁশিওয়ালা

অনলাইন থেকে রাজপথে

সাহাদাত হোসেন পরশ

''এমন রায়ে মর্মাহত, ব্যথিত ও লজ্জিত। আশা করেছিলাম, কাদের মোল্লার ফাঁসি হবে। তা হয়নি। এখন ঘরে বসে থাকতে পারছি না। রাস্তায় বের হচ্ছি। তোমরাও প্রতিবাদ জানাতে এখনই ঘরের বাইরে চলে এসো। জাতীয় জাদুঘরের সামনে সবাই একত্র হও। শুধু ব্লগে আর 'কি বোর্ডে' হাত রেখে প্রতিবাদ করার সময় পার হয়েছে।" মঙ্গলবার মানবতাবিরোধী অপরাধের মামলায়
জামায়াতের সহকারী সেক্রেটারি জেনারেল আবদুল কাদের মোল্লার যাবজ্জীবন কারাদণ্ড দেওয়ার পর ব্লগার অ্যান্ড অনলাইন অ্যাক্টিভিস্ট নেটওয়ার্কের আহ্বায়ক ডা. ইমরান অনলাইন সামাজিক যোগাযোগ মাধ্যম ফেসবুকে একটি লেখা পোস্ট করেন। ওই লেখায় তিনি এমন আহ্বান জানান। ওই দিন বিকেলেই ইমরানের লেখায় সাড়া দিয়ে প্রথমে অল্প কিছু সংখ্যক ব্লগার শাহবাগে জড়ো হন। এর পর ওই অরাজনৈতিক সংগঠনের প্লাটফর্মে সমাজের সর্বস্তরের জনতা একত্র হয়ে কাদের মোল্লার ফাঁসি দাবি করে। মুহূর্তেই হ্যামিলনের বাঁশিওয়ালার মতো অনলাইন অ্যাকটিভিস্ট ব্লগাররা পরিণত হন 'প্রজন্মের বাঁশিওয়ালা'য়। শাহবাগ মোড়ও ইতিমধ্যে নতুন নাম পেয়েছে 'প্রজন্ম চত্বর'।

গণজোয়ারের অন্যতম প্রধান কারিগর ডা. ইমরানের সঙ্গে বৃহস্পতিবার কথা বলে জানা গেল তাদের আন্দোলন শুরুর প্রাথমিক পর্বের কথা। একটি 'ক্ষুদ্র' উদ্যোগ কীভাবে একটি বড় ঘটনার জন্ম দিতে পারে; তার জীবন্ত উদাহরণ ইমরান ও তার বন্ধুরা।

সময় বাড়ার সঙ্গে সঙ্গে শাহবাগ থেকে ওঠা গণজোয়ারের ঢেউ ছড়িয়ে পড়েছে দেশের সর্বত্র। কয়েক তরুণ ব্লগারের বুকে লালন করা মুক্তিযুদ্ধের চেতনার ক্যানভাসের রঙ এখন ছড়িয়ে পড়েছে চারদিকে। গণবিস্ফোরণের ঢেউয়ে উন্মাতাল সারাদেশ। শাহবাগ এখন তরুণ-তরুণীদের ক্ষোভ ও প্রতিবাদের প্লাটফর্ম।

ব্লগারদের সঙ্গে একাত্মতা প্রকাশ করতে মঙ্গলবার মধুর ক্যান্টিন থেকে বিক্ষোভ মিছিল নিয়ে দোয়েল চত্বর এলাকায় যান ছাত্র ইউনিয়ন, জাসদ ছাত্রলীগ, ছাত্র ফেডারেশন ও সমাজতান্ত্রিক ছাত্রফ্রন্টের নেতাকর্মীরা। ছাত্রলীগও মিছিল বের করে ওই আন্দোলনের সঙ্গে সংহতি প্রকাশ করে।

শাহবাগে কথা হয় ব্লগার অনলাইন নেটওয়ার্কের আরেক সদস্য মারুফ রসুলের সঙ্গে। ঢাকা বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ের পদার্থবিদ্যা বিভাগের চতুর্থ বর্ষের ছাত্র মারুফ সমকালকে জানান, মঙ্গলবার দুপুর সাড়ে ১২টায় ফেসবুকে 'ইমরান ভাইয়ের' ওই পোস্টটি দেখে একটি মন্তব্য শেয়ার করি। সেখানে লেখা ছিল_ 'হয় মান না হয় প্রাণ। রাজাকারের ফাঁসি চাই, ফাঁসি ছাড়া পথ নাই।' এরপর শাহবাগের দিকে ছুটে যাই। এরপর সেখানে যা হয়েছে তা বাংলাদেশের জন্য আরেক নতুন ইতিহাস।

মারুফ আরও জানান, মুক্তমনা প্রগতিশীল ব্লগারদের নিয়ে মাস তিনেক আগে গঠন করা হয় ব্লগার অ্যান্ড অনলাইন অ্যাক্টিভিস্ট নেটওয়ার্ক। গঠিত হয় এ সংগঠনের কমিটিও। এ সংগঠনের সদস্য সংখ্যা সাড়ে পাঁচশ' থেকে ছয়শ'। এর আগেও ব্লগারদের উদ্যোগে দেশে বেশ কয়েকটি প্রতিবাদ কর্মসূচি পালিত হয়েছে। তা ছিল স্বল্প পরিসরে। ১ ফেব্রুয়ারি শাহবাগে পাবলিক লাইব্রেরিতে জাতীয়ভাবে 'ব্লগার দিবস' পালিত হয়। মারুফ বলেন, ব্লগার ও ফেসবুকভিত্তিক ব্যতিক্রমী আন্দোলনের নজির দেশের তরুণ সমাজকে আরও উদ্বুদ্ধ করবে।

মারুফ জানান, যুদ্ধাপরাধীদের পক্ষে অবস্থান নেওয়ার কারণে তুর্কি দূতাবাসের বিরুদ্ধে প্রতিবাদ জানিয়েছিলেন তারা। তবে ওই সময় এত মানুষের সাড়া মেলেনি। এবারের সাড়া তাদের কল্পনাকে ছাড়িয়ে গেছে। এটা এখন আর কোনো দল বা সংগঠনের আন্দোলন নয়। দেশের ১৬ কোটি মানুষের প্রতিবাদের আন্দোলন। শাহবাগের এ গণজোয়ার বিশ্বের অনেক দেশে বাংলা ভাষাভাষী নাগরিকের মধ্যে ছড়িয়ে গেছে।

আরেক ব্লগার তৌহিদুল আলম রিয়াদ সমকালকে বলেন, মঙ্গলবার দুপুর সাড়ে ১২টার দিকে ফেসবুকে স্ট্যাটাস দেখে অনেক ব্লগার ফোন করে জানান, দ্রুত আমাদের কিছু করতে হবে। এরপরই আমরা শাহবাগে জড়ো হই।

অস্ট্রেলিয়া থেকে পড়াশোনা শেষ করে ইয়ুথ ফর পিস অ্যান্ড ডেমোক্রেসিতে কাজ করছেন ব্লগার অ্যান্ড অনলাইন অ্যাক্টিভিস্ট নেটওয়ার্কের প্রকাশনা সম্পাদক অমিত বিক্রম ত্রিপুরা। তিনি গতকাল সমকালকে জানান, মঙ্গলবার রায়ের পরপরই প্রথমে ফেসবুকে ইমরান ভাইয়ের এক স্ট্যাটাস দেখি। সেটা দেখার পর অনেক ব্লগার সেখানে 'লাইক কমেন্টস' করে শাহবাগে হাজির হতে নির্দেশ দেন। এরপর ব্লগাররা নিজেদের মধ্যে মোবাইল ফোনে যোগাযোগ করেন। হরতালের মধ্যেই অনেক ব্লগার সেখানে হাজির হয়ে প্রতিবাদ জানাতে থাকেন। ধীরে ধীরে ক্ষুদ্র সেই প্রয়াস বিশাল আকার ধারণ করে।

ব্লগার অ্যান্ড অনলাইন অ্যাকটিভিস্ট নেটওয়ার্কের আহ্বায়ক মাহমুদুর হকও বলেন, ব্লগারদের উদ্যোগে এভাবে জনজোয়ার সৃষ্টি হবে, কল্পনা করিনি। জনগণের বিপুল অংশগ্রহণ আমাদের দায়িত্ব বাড়িয়ে দিয়েছে।
Read more in Shamakal
Old February 8, 2013, 02:55 AM
First Class Cricketer

Dear fellow brothers and sisters,

I have been quite out of touch lately. Therefore, please correct me if I have any misunderstandins.

Like every one else I am also disappointed with the verdit. I have a few questions for you all.

What is the protest trying to achieve? Are they asking the honorable judges to change their verdit? If that is the case, I think it is unconstitutional. We must let the law take its own course. As far as I know, citizens do not have the right to dictate what verdict an independent judiciary should give out.

Yes, offcourse there is a right to appeal. If that's what they are demanding, then I whole heartedly wish for their success.

I have noticed, some people are taking this opportunity to bad mouth the govenment. We should not forget we have come this far because of the sincerity of the government. What does the government have to do with the verdict? How could they possibly influence an independent judiciary? Besides, why would the gov want to do that. All it could do was make the trial as transparent as possible, which it did.

I think people should rather demand for a new bill from the parliament that would ensure the convicts will not be released even if the gov changes.

People seriously need to understand and respect the role of the judiciary. We must accept whatever verdict the judges give out after the appeal. The judges must not be influenced by public opinion or emotion.
Old February 8, 2013, 02:56 AM
Cricket Sage

Such credit takng at this stage won't take the movement anywhere... I'm afraid it may just just have premature death...
Old February 8, 2013, 02:56 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrequiem
After decades of corruption, nepotism, cronyism, and almost every other negative ism one can imagine - our countrymen are finally united with a common goal. I hope this goal can transcend the clamors for the death of a few criminals and transform into a vociferous call to arms to change the very backbone of Bangladeshi politics and legal system.
That's exact what I'm hoping for. I just hope the political parties do not hijack this. BNP has given up - and ending up on the wrong side of history once again. And AL is trying to coopt this movement at the end of a 5 year rule whence rule of law and democracy has been systematically crushed under the boots of partisan politics. Of course, just a small taste of what BNP's 5 years of nepotism gave us.
Old February 8, 2013, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufism
I think people should rather demand for a new bill from the parliament that would ensure the convicts will not be released even if the gov changes.

People seriously need to understand and respect the role of the judiciary. We must accept whatever verdict the judges give out after the appeal. The judges must not be influenced by public opinion or emotion.
Looks like they are pretty much on the right track, not literally though [their 1st demand].

Quote:

স্থায়ী মঞ্চ হচ্ছে
দাবি আদায় না হওয়া পর্যন্ত ওরা ফিরবে না

সমকাল প্রতিবেদক
শাহবাগের প্রজন্ম চত্বরের আজকের মহাসমাবেশ থেকে ঘোষণা করা হবে তিন দফা দাবি। দাবি আদায় না হওয়া পর্যন্ত শাহবাগেই স্থায়ী মঞ্চ তৈরি করে লাগাতার অবস্থান কর্মসূচি চলবে। গতকাল বৃহস্পতিবার রাত সাড়ে ৯টা থেকে রাত প্রায় সাড়ে ১১টা পর্যন্ত ব্লগার ও অনলাইন অ্যাক্টিভিস্ট নেটওয়ার্কের সমন্বয়কদের সঙ্গে প্রগতিশীল
বিভিন্ন ছাত্র সংগঠনের প্রতিনিধিদের বৈঠকে এ সিদ্ধান্ত চূড়ান্ত করা হয়। বৈঠকে অংশ নেওয়া একাধিক ছাত্রনেতা সমকালকে এ তথ্য জানান।

তারা জানান, আজকের মহাসমাবেশে

প্রধান দাবি হবে_ কাদের মোল্লার যাবজ্জীবন কারাদণ্ডের রায় পুনর্বিবেচনা করে ফাঁসির আদেশসহ সব যুদ্ধাপরাধীর ফাঁসির রায়।

দ্বিতীয় দাবি হবে, জামায়াত-শিবিরের রাজনীতি নিষিদ্ধ ঘোষণা করা। যুদ্ধাপরাধীদের ফাঁসির রায় নিশ্চিত করতে এবং জামায়াত-শিবিরের রাজনীতি নিষিদ্ধ করার জন্য আইন সংশোধন বা নতুন আইনের প্রয়োজন হলে তা প্রণয়ন করা।

বৈঠকে আরও সিদ্ধান্ত নেওয়া হয়, দাবি না আদায় হওয়া পর্যন্ত শাহবাগে স্থায়ী মঞ্চ নির্মাণ করে লাগাতার অবস্থান চালিয়ে যাওয়া হবে।
বৈঠকে ছাত্রলীগ, ছাত্র ইউনিয়ন, জাসদ ছাত্রলীগ, ছাত্রফ্রন্ট, ছাত্র ফেডারেশন এবং ব্লগার অ্যান্ড অনলাইন অ্যাক্টিভিস্ট নেটওয়ার্কের প্রতিনিধিরা অংশ নেন। আজ বিকেল ৩টায় শাহবাগের প্রজন্ম চত্বরে এ মহাসমাবেশ অনুষ্ঠিত হবে।
Daily Shamakal
Old February 8, 2013, 04:03 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufism
Dear fellow brothers and sisters,

I have been quite out of touch lately. Therefore, please correct me if I have any misunderstandins.

Like every one else I am also disappointed with the verdit. I have a few questions for you all.

What is the protest trying to achieve? Are they asking the honorable judges to change their verdit? If that is the case, I think it is unconstitutional. We must let the law take its own course. As far as I know, citizens do not have the right to dictate what verdict an independent judiciary should give out.

Yes, offcourse there is a right to appeal. If that's what they are demanding, then I whole heartedly wish for their success.

I have noticed, some people are taking this opportunity to bad mouth the govenment. We should not forget we have come this far because of the sincerity of the government. What does the government have to do with the verdict? How could they possibly influence an independent judiciary? Besides, why would the gov want to do that. All it could do was make the trial as transparent as possible, which it did.

Sufism bhai, I think a lot of the people on this thread want Shabagh to be about more than just the war crimes tribunal. They want it to stir a greater movement in Bangladesh against the malaise that has caused the, er, discrepancies in the tribunal process - rampant nepotism, cronyism, corruption, deprivation of justice, etc. This is something that I feel more strongly for and am waiting to see what consensus/concrete plans arises from Shabagh.

On the more specific issue of the tribunal, I think their objective is right in seeking maximum punishment levied against Mollah. (That is because I think the judicial reasoning for the lighter sentence is unconvincing) But I think the protesters' reasoning for this is convoluted. You can't use the reasoning that the tribunal is biased or interfered with by the government, as many are doing, without de-legitimizing the tribunal process altogether. You can't reason that you "know better" than the tribunal and seek to substitute your judgment for that of the tribunal's. No matter how principled or practically savvy such reasoning may be, arguments along such lines hampers the tribunal process. What should be engaged, is a formal appeals process (which I think has already started) and there reasoned arguments for capital punishment for Mollah should be submitted.

Personally, I feel what the well-intentioned and passionate protesters at Shabagh should be calling for - with relation to the war crimes tribunal, at least - is an end to the politicization of the history of the Liberation War and propound a deeper and more reflective search for 'truth'.

We are rightly affronted when we hear of how men like Mollah raped Bangalee women but shouldn't we be feeling angry, very angry about how these horribly violated women, these birangona, were ostracised by their own families, their own Bangalee community, their own flesh and blood after the War? This is just one of many examples.

Such a change could be the legacy of the Shabagh protests.
Old February 8, 2013, 04:12 AM
Administrator

Navo - thank you for articulating my thoughts.
Old February 8, 2013, 04:41 AM
Cricket Sage

@Novo... That's what exactly is my thought and expectations are. Don't think that the tribunal can be forced to change their verdict, but it may as well be revised in the appeals court. But will be more interested to see that the protest turns into movement against wider range of evils that we are stuck now. Focussing on The true benefits of liberation and sacrifice of the people in 71. Otherwise, it will just be a politically orchestrated game & not a popular movement.
Closed Thread