facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Closed Thread

Old February 8, 2013, 05:12 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shak-Ash-Tam

এ ছাড়া উদীচী, বোধন, প্রমা, সাংস্কৃতিক সংগঠন চারণ, অনলাইন অ্যাক্টিভিস্ট ফোরাম, অনলাইন ব্লগার ফোরাম, আওয়ামী লীগ, বাংলাদেশের সমাজতান্ত্রিক দল, বাংলাদেশের কমিউনিস্ট পার্টি, বাংলাদেশের ওয়ার্কার্স পার্টি, বাংলাদেশ ছাত্রলীগ, ছাত্র ইউনিয়ন, ছাত্র ফেডারেশন, সমাজতান্ত্রিক ছাত্রফ্রন্ট, ছাত্রমৈত্রী, যুব ইউনিয়ন, যুব মৈত্রীসহ বিভিন্ন রাজনৈতিক, সাংস্কৃতিক, পেশাজীবী সংগঠন ছাড়াও বিভিন্ন শিক্ষা প্রতিষ্ঠানের শিক্ষক-শিক্ষার্থীরা এ সমাবেশে অংশ নেন। - Shomokal Ref Above

Sorry I thought the common people will lead. But I rest my case and my optimism as such. It's been captured by a political wing, so can't expect much from it, unless there is some dramatic change in approach.
Old February 8, 2013, 05:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
এ ছাড়া উদীচী, বোধন, প্রমা, সাংস্কৃতিক সংগঠন চারণ, অনলাইন অ্যাক্টিভিস্ট ফোরাম, অনলাইন ব্লগার ফোরাম, আওয়ামী লীগ, বাংলাদেশের সমাজতান্ত্রিক দল, বাংলাদেশের কমিউনিস্ট পার্টি, বাংলাদেশের ওয়ার্কার্স পার্টি, বাংলাদেশ ছাত্রলীগ, ছাত্র ইউনিয়ন, ছাত্র ফেডারেশন, সমাজতান্ত্রিক ছাত্রফ্রন্ট, ছাত্রমৈত্রী, যুব ইউনিয়ন, যুব মৈত্রীসহ বিভিন্ন রাজনৈতিক, সাংস্কৃতিক, পেশাজীবী সংগঠন ছাড়াও বিভিন্ন শিক্ষা প্রতিষ্ঠানের শিক্ষক-শিক্ষার্থীরা এ সমাবেশে অংশ নেন। - Shomokal Ref Above

Sorry I thought the common people will lead. But I rest my case and my optimism as such. It's been captured by a political wing, so can't expect much from it, unless there is some dramatic change in approach.
What's the problem if they want to participate ?? They are not leading the protest. No political leader was allowed to have speech there. This protest is run by general people and will be. Why not BNP there to show their support ? Are they still backing up Jamat, Shibir and War criminals ??
Old February 8, 2013, 05:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
What's the problem if they want to participate ?? They are not leading the protest. No political leader was allowed to have speech there. This protest is run by general people and will be. Why not BNP there to show their support ? Are they still backing up Jamat, Shibir and War criminals ??
If they participate with their banner then it will be controlled by them. If they participate as people without banner, that the common people will get to lead. The banners can't remain neutral, as simple as that. If the right wing parties would participate less Jamat, that could have been some what acceptable, but still people would have lost control. But now it's just about fooling common people and one side making political gain. So it's lost for me.
Old February 8, 2013, 05:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
If they participate with their banner then it will be controlled by them. If they participate as people without banner, that the common people will get to lead. The banners can't remain neutral, as simple as that.
Not really. By carrying banner they are showing support, NOT controlling the protest. I have been watching the protest since morning, also watched many videos of past days protest. I haven't seen any AL banner flying over protesters !!
Old February 8, 2013, 05:39 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Not really. By carrying banner they are showing support, NOT controlling the protest. I have been watching the protest since morning, also watched many videos of past days protest. I haven't seen any AL banner flying over protesters !!
Read the Shomokal report and see who all are doing the meeting and that will tell you who makes decision. Do u think in presence of these people the movement can go past Jamat?

U want me to believe that these banners will agree to include Padda bridge, Shagor Runi, BDR killing, Bishwajeet etc etc..? You are too innocent ..I'm not, I know what's going to happen... And have you ever heard that in presence of a politically organized force Ill organized common people making decision?

They aren't expressing support from their office, they are active in decision making...at Shahbag and all the places/spots of protest in the country...please read it again..

I just give up the hope of widening the issue ... This will just be controlled by AL.
Old February 8, 2013, 05:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Wish I could be there....

Heard that there's one in Sydney on Sunday.....anyone going?
Old February 8, 2013, 05:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
If the right wing parties would participate less Jamat, that could have been some what acceptable, but still people would have lost control. But now it's just about fooling common people and one side making political gain. So it's lost for me.
How easily you lose your hope brother !! Whats the purpose of this protest ?

1. Death Penalty for War criminals
2. Banning Jamat Shibir

right ?

They have been asking the same demand since they started. This is general people's demand. Why do you think this demand will only put BNP at risk ? AL will also feel discomfort as it will end their 71 agenda for future politics. AL also does not want to ban Jamat Shibir, they want to exploit them in order to get sentiment of general people.

Am i the only one who's sensing something big to happen in near future ?
Old February 8, 2013, 05:47 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

It could be the beginning of something what we badly need in our country. Making the politicians accountable and putting an end to their hooliganism.
Old February 8, 2013, 05:48 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
How easily you lose your hope brother !! Whats the purpose of this protest ?

1. Death Penalty for War criminals
2. Banning Jamat Shibir

right ?

They have been asking the same demand since they started. This is general people's demand. Why do you think this demand will only put BNP at risk ? AL will also feel discomfort as it will end their 71 agenda for future politics. AL also does not want to ban Jamat Shibir, they want to exploit them in order to get sentiment of general people.

Am i the only one who's sensing something big to happen in near future ?
That 2 points will be achieved as much is permitted by AL. But please read my opening post, I give up on the extended hope only.

If that's big enough for you, then ok. But that wasn't big enough for me.
Old February 8, 2013, 05:54 AM

Quote:
@Novo... That's what exactly is my thought and expectations are. Don't think that the tribunal can be forced to change their verdict, but it may as well be revised in the appeals court. But will be more interested to see that the protest turns into movement against wider range of evils that we are stuck now. Focussing on The true benefits of liberation and sacrifice of the people in 71. Otherwise, it will just be a politically orchestrated game & not a popular movement.
Wider range such as? Very tricky ward I would say. Any political issues such as coming election process, demand for caretacker govt., Grameen Bank, Padma bridge etc. will rather be a politically orchestrated game. As this movement started for demanding true/proper justice on war crimes commited by Jamate Islami, their leaders, it should be focused and remain so. Other kind of political demand certainly will make this movement controversial and complicated, and may end up with no result. We people should be rather well aware of this situation I think.
Old February 8, 2013, 05:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
That 2 points will be achieved as much is permitted by AL. But please read my opening post, I give up on the extended hope only.

If that's big enough for you, then ok. But that wasn't big enough for me.
Ok, honestly tell me, did you expect this big protest when you heard QM's verdict ? (forget about AL participation later on with banner)

At most, people would express their anger on FB, BC, Blogs, paper etc. Did you expect the youth to come and stand united ?

Wasn't that big enough to start at least ? Why don't you think this as a beginning and more to come ? We can't expect everything at once !
Old February 8, 2013, 05:57 AM
Administrator

This is where I diverge with you, PoorFan. I do want this movement moved on to the other issues too. It is about time the people took back politics from the politicians.
Old February 8, 2013, 05:57 AM
Banned

Inshllah justice will be served even if it takes 100 years or so. I hope the start of something new. Does'nt matter if you follow religion or not, all evils shall be punished. if you follow religion it mentions the same thing before death you are punished somehow in this world for the bad deeds you have done or committed. Its the change in time, technology that played a huge role in developing the younger generation to find out things themselves through research not merely being part of political parties. I hope for great success for the people and young generation. I also pray not to create choas in Bangladesh through this protest as happend in the past (Protest leading to violence).
Old February 8, 2013, 05:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Wider range such as? Very tricky ward I would say. Any political issues such as coming election process, demand for caretacker govt., Grameen Bank, Padma bridge etc. will rather be a politically orchestrated game. As this movement started for demanding true/proper justice on war crimes commited by Jamate Islami, their leaders, it should be focused and remain so. Other kind of political demand certainly will make this movement controversial and complicated, and may end up with no result. We people should be rather well aware of this situation I think.
Could not agree more !!!

The demands of the protesters are non-political demand. Demands of general people who believe in independence of Bangladesh. Why bringing other political issues here and dilute the main theme of the protest.
Old February 8, 2013, 06:24 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms01
Inshllah justice will be served even if it takes 100 years or so. I hope the start of something new. Does'nt matter if you follow religion or not, all evils shall be punished. if you follow religion it mentions the same thing before death you are punished somehow in this world for the bad deeds you have done or committed. Its the change in time, technology that played a huge role in developing the younger generation to find out things themselves through research not merely being part of political parties. I hope for great success for the people and young generation. I also pray not to create choas in Bangladesh through this protest as happend in the past (Protest leading to violence).
I am afraid the situation could turn in to a chaos as the sentiment is more retributive than aggrieved.
Old February 8, 2013, 06:27 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Ektu koshto korle hoye jeto Eto onuman korte hoito na bhai...

I wrote in this post also...please read the OP .. I mentioned a few...and there after explained it too. And there is a good explanation in Novo's post also what's meant by wider. Sorry you had to guess a lot ...
Old February 8, 2013, 06:34 AM
Cricket Sage

@Naimul_HD

It's matter of expectation from a movement....that will vary from person to person. This is not a matter confined like Math/physics. And such movements don't even happen everyday. So, In my view, it's not worth only achieving this much as u expect, if you really want to get the benefit of 71, can't wait 40 years for subject vittik revolution, then u have to wait until 4000 ad to become a civilized nation and get the full benefit of being an independent nation.

Read Novo's post, you will have an idea, how much you can achieve from a legal procedure through revolution, but a revolution aimed at the core of the problems are much more successful and achieveable. If we can turn it into a revolution of anti-corruption and fair politics...we will achieve ur agenda against Jamat and much more.

Then we don't have to have a revolution with every issue. That's a opinion shared by many...not me alone...

So you can be happy with yours, I'm a bit unhappy not getting mine. That's it.... But I'm still expecting this to turn into a people's revolution, at some point.

Last edited by BANFAN; February 8, 2013 at 08:29 AM..
Old February 8, 2013, 06:42 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

দুপুর থেকে টিভিতে লাইভ দেখছি শাহাবাগের চিত্র...অকল্পনীয় এক জোয়ার!
এসব টগ্‌বগে তরুণ-তরুণী (যদিও তাদের মাঝে জোগ দিয়েছে এখন রাজনীতির শাখা-প্রশাখাও) কৌশলী রাজনীতির মার-প্যাঁচ বুঝে না...
কিন্তু আমি হতাশাবাদী নই মোটেও! কারন, পুরো ব্যপারটাই এখানে সম্পূর্ণ আন্‌প্রেডিক্টেবল
এই অভাবনীয় বিষ্ফোরণের পরবর্তী কোন পদক্ষেপই হয়তো সুপরিকল্পিত নয়...
কিন্তু এটুকু খুবই স্পষ্ট যে, অন্ততঃ যুদ্ধয়াপরাধী ইস্যুতে সরকার...জামাত... বিরোধী দল ... কিম্বা ট্রাইবুনাল... এদের কারো দিক থেকে ‌ পান থেকে চুন খসলেই ঘটবে প্রলয়ঙ্কারী মানব-বিষ্ফোরণ!!
আপনাদের কথা জানি না... কিন্তু আপাতত... এই আপামর মানুষের এই প্রচন্ড শক্তির প্রদর্শনে আমি সন্তুষ্ট!
ওয়ান স্টেপ এট এ টাইম ডিয়ার ফেলোজ্‌ ...
এতদিন শক্তি প্রদর্শন করেছে দুই 'মহারথী' দল আর ছাগলের তিন নম্বর বাচ্চা ওই রাজাকারের দল!!
আজকে জনগন নাহয় একটু শক্তি প্রদর্শন করুক!
এই বংলার বুকে এত বড় লাগাতার জনসমুদ্র জাগানোর ক্ষমতা কোন বাপের ব্যটা রাজনীতিবিদের আছে বলেন তো??!!

গতকাল সকালে একবার গিয়েছিলাম শাহাবাগে... আজ সন্ধ্যায় যাবো আবার!
এ আগুন থেকে দূরে থাকা বড়ই দূরুহ!
Old February 8, 2013, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
This is where I diverge with you, PoorFan. I do want this movement moved on to the other issues too. It is about time the people took back politics from the politicians.
Me too want lots of political solution AT ONCE in MY HEART, but those have to be in the legal process, never out of the legality, means, not in the street but cabinet and court, we cant just fix everything on street. There is no other peaceful leagal way other than going step by step within legal process. People must should take back the politics in their hand, but not by destroying/bypassing legal system, and the scumbag like Jamat and other opportunist take advantage putting us back. We need active systems in place, need to protect and strengthen, otherwise politics in our hand will die the moment we get it.

Now if we mix up other political demand IN THIS MOVEMENT then certainly we will lose the credibility of taking action against Jamate Islami and their leaders. It would be a ploy to undermine the movement as political and controversial one, and the result at the end would be another V sign from Kader and gong. We can see already some people trying hard to prove this movement a political orchestrated one, was pretty much well expected to me though.
Old February 8, 2013, 06:48 AM
Banned

1. If people have one common goal is there less chance of political influence?
2. Assume people start protesting about many things ( More positives or negatives in terms of outcome of protest?)

I prefer to take the route of one common goal, stick to the basic. lets finish what people started. let the first goal be scored before we think about scoring many. The first goal is the most crucial. if the first outcome or aim fails, then no one really wins its like in football the end result becomes a draw. Inshallah the young generation will inspire the people of Bangladesh.
Old February 8, 2013, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Ektu koshto korle hoye jeto Eto onuman korte hoito na bhai...

I wrote in this post also...please read the OP .. I mentioned a few...and there after explained it too. And there is a good explanation in Novo's post also what's meant by wider. Sorry you had to guess a lot ...
Ok guys, I have been cooking .. then reading this thread .. then cooking .. then writing few words for a post .. then feeling hungry .. then making dinner ready!

All I can say now, I am hungry and please let me eat something, and then read all of your posts before I write something again, thank you.
Old February 8, 2013, 07:00 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Jacques Kallis

u wudn't believe it! i'm in the middle of the crowd and all that i can see is human heads; all that i can hear is angry chants demanding death penalty of war criminals..media estimate of the number of people so far is around 100K..& counting!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old February 8, 2013, 07:08 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

পূওরফ্যান ভাই এর সাথে একমত পোষণ করি।
এটা একটা বিপ্লব/প্রতিরোধের স্ফুলিঙ্গ... সার্থক বিপ্লব হতে পারবে কিনা, তা এখনো জানি না।
বিপ্লবের মূলমন্ত্র জটিল সমীকরণ হয়না... হয় স্পষ্ট এবং তীব্র... হয় আবেগের জোয়ার, যুক্তির খেলা নয়।
জটীল সমীকরণ হয় বিবর্তনে।
সমাজ-সরকারের সংশোধনে চাই বিবর্তন
আর যুদ্ধাপরাধীদের আস্ফালন প্রতিরোধে চাই বিপ্লব!!

প্রথমটার জন্য এগিয়ে আসুন বুদ্ধিজীবী-শিল্পী এবং গুনীজনেরা
আর বিপ্লবের জন্য আসুন কিশোর-তরুণেরা-যুবারা ... যাদের শরীরে এখনো টগ্‌বগে গরম রক্ত টিকে আছে!!
Old February 8, 2013, 07:29 AM
Cricket Sage

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=268288
Quote:
The presence of AL-BCL men was noticeable at Shahbagh yesterday. The BCL president came under criticism when he wanted to address the demonstration, witnesses said.

Some youths, thought to be aligned to the Left, also chanted slogans against state minister for power Enamul Haque and Petrobangla Chairman Hossain Mansur who went to express solidarity around noon

Ok this daily star report says something positive....but still they need to she'd a few more political parasites off their shoulders....

Last edited by BANFAN; February 8, 2013 at 08:30 AM..
Old February 8, 2013, 07:33 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Ok guys, I have been cooking .. then reading this thread .. then cooking .. then writing few words for a post .. then feeling hungry .. then making dinner ready!

All I can say now, I am hungry and please let me eat something, and then read all of your posts before I write something again, thank you.
And you are sharing idea not the food...which was fully cooked I guess..
Closed Thread