facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 8, 2013, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box
Default Naeem? Nafees? Jahirul? Milon? Sabbir? Shubho?

So we got a problem. Too many people making runs. Especially freaked out by the ones in the title, never expected them to cross double digits. Which of these players should play T20s for Bangladesh and why? Who will they replace? Ke kaar bhaat marbe?

I know each one of these guys has his own thread, but scattered info is bad info. So let's talk here. Let's centralize. This could morph into a "Your T20 squad for the SL series" thread too. If it does, it will do so rightfully, as opposed to the news thread that everyone is mistaking for an opinion thread.
Old February 8, 2013, 10:37 AM
Cricket Sage

Hattoo Betha, Komor Betha, Bokee Betha, Kuchki te Betha of the existing superstars in the national team will open more opportunities to these players with one exception, i.e Shubho.

It will be hard nuts to crack for Shubho to get a chance.
Old February 8, 2013, 10:53 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: miller,ryder,warner,nasir

nice thread. kind of funny too--ke kar bhaat marbe?

who can make big score and consistent--i think they should get priority. my order

shamsur
nafees
jahurul
sabbir
naeem
milon
Old February 8, 2013, 10:56 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

2 Rahman; Shabbir and Shamsur

Jahirul back up

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old February 8, 2013, 11:08 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Charlie Chaplin

Nafees and Jahurul

Shamsur should be backing up.
Old February 8, 2013, 11:21 AM
Cricket Legend

I want kopa shamsu in the squad...too many medicore player played for BD so far. So why not try Shamsu
Old February 8, 2013, 12:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Tamim
Shamsur
Anamul
Shakib
Sabbir
Jahirul
Mushy*+
Nasir
Mash
Shafiul
Mosharraf Hossain/Enamul Jr./Saqlain Sajib

A bit harsh on Mullah I know, but I don't see him being consistently good in T20s. Better stack it up with good T20 players. No Naeem/Mofees, you need as young a team as possible here IMO.
Old February 8, 2013, 12:55 PM
BC Editorial Team

Funny how Gazi is struggling (relatively) in this format this season.
Given Shamsur's prolific form, he surely has earned the right to partner TiK. SN at this point is my somewhat proven backup opener. He's not consistent enough to be 1st choice but boy he keeps putting his hands up with his domestic performances to.
Anamul. #3 spot. You may now kiss the bride.
Shakfu. Play him as a batsman only if needed.
Jahirul. Earned this with his ability to be patient and exploive
Zia. Shabbir replaces him if Zia is struggling in camp. Else incumbent gets 1st shot.
Rest of it I agree with Rulz
Old February 8, 2013, 02:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Definitely not Naeem, he won't be able to replicate his recent performance in the intl stage.
Old February 8, 2013, 02:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

SN, copain Shamsu ar Johurul ke nao. era dharabahik beshi.
Old February 8, 2013, 02:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max100
nice thread. kind of funny too--ke kar bhaat marbe?

who can make big score and consistent--i think they should get priority. my order

shamsur
nafees
jahurul
sabbir
naeem
milon
with current stat

Last edited by mij; February 8, 2013 at 06:10 PM..
Old February 8, 2013, 03:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

shamsur and shabbir for t20s. naeem isn't a t20 player, at least not internationally, SN has been given so many chances why would it be different this time? he'll score some runs for the short time he's in form then do nothing and continue to be inconsistent. milon is a good hitter but will he be able to maintain it at the highest level? jahurul, he might be able to be solid internationally, but i think he'd be better in the longer formats than t20s. shamsur and shabbir have been talented prospects for a good number of years, haven't had many international chances and are now starting to score runs more consistently.
Old February 8, 2013, 04:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

All these players will fail miserably in int'l T20 cricket and fail so badly its going to be hilarious. As I've always said, we should forget about T20, BPL, IPL, ShitPL, etc. Focus on ODI so we can do something productive in 2015 and focus on Tests because SL, WI, NZ are all beatable teams and if we can't win a couple tests in the next few years we have only ourselves to blame.

India should be proof positive of the harms of garbage cricket on the real forms of the game.
Old February 8, 2013, 04:20 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

I am surprised by op's bias against nasir. What fault did Nasir did? Nasir ki dosh korlo...
Old February 8, 2013, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Arey dada Nasir to already in. Oke niye to tension nai, or bhaat oi khabe, onno keu marte parbe na.
Old February 8, 2013, 06:07 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

I want to change the team in a methodical fashion.
  1. I might be biased, but I want Naeem only in the test team.
  2. Enamul (Anamul) is either Tamim's opening partner or #3. We need someone for the other position. I am not sold on SN, but given his runs, he might be tried here.
  3. We need one big hitter at No. 7. Zia is too limited, IMHO. Will Sabbir cut it?
  4. Enamul Jnr should get a chance, especially in tests. Right now, only 4 bowlers in BD seem to have ability to get wickets. Shakib, Sunny, Sohag Gazi, and Enamul Jnr. Shakib is an automatic choice in any team. Gazi, being a non-SLA, should be automatic as long as he performs. If we play one more SLA, I want to make sure that we are playing the best one. I feel that Enamul might be the one.
Old February 8, 2013, 09:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
I want to change the team in a methodical fashion.
  1. I might be biased, but I want Naeem only in the test team.
  2. Enamul (Anamul) is either Tamim's opening partner or #3. We need someone for the other position. I am not sold on SN, but given his runs, he might be tried here.
  3. We need one big hitter at No. 7. Zia is too limited, IMHO. Will Sabbir cut it?
  4. Enamul Jnr should get a chance, especially in tests. Right now, only 4 bowlers in BD seem to have ability to get wickets. Shakib, Sunny, Sohag Gazi, and Enamul Jnr. Shakib is an automatic choice in any team. Gazi, being a non-SLA, should be automatic as long as he performs. If we play one more SLA, I want to make sure that we are playing the best one. I feel that Enamul might be the one.
1. i agree naeem should focus on tests.
2. anamul should be at #2 or #3, but rather than SN for the other spot i'd be working with shamsur as of now.
3. only option imo is shabbir.
4. i think unless we are taking a 3rd spinner enamul can't be in the test team. can't drop shakib or gazi for obvious reasons. sunny hasn't really done anything wrong, unless sunny hits a bad patch he should be persisted with, if he doesn't work out in the long run then next in line at the time gets the call up.
Old February 8, 2013, 10:13 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

I am not sold at either one of these players yet. may be shabbir. Shamsur is a great prospect but I would like him to spend some more time playing academy, A teams. Having said that, Shamsur is the only batsman out of those is worth having in the nat'l team atm. We have an open #2 slot and a crisis for top order batsman.
You can just throw anybody that are in the fringe in the T20s I don't really care. But those other players should never come close to the nat'l team in ODIs or tests. Unless they do really good, consistently. One or two BPL innings doesn't count.
Old February 8, 2013, 10:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Luka Modric

We have tried a lot of top order batsmen in JS, SN, Ash and others. Since Shamsur is performing i think we have to throw him into the national team alongside Jahurul. They haven't had enough chances. National team should be persisting with these two... and with Imrul also.
Old February 8, 2013, 10:38 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Naeem Ryad for tests only
Jahirul, shamsur, shabbir for odi and t-20
Nafees for other formats
Old February 8, 2013, 10:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur and ABD

No SN please..why cant we look to the future??!! Shamsur Omi Shabbir Enam in for t20. Mullah for odi nd tests naeem only tests and we cant forget marshall. Zia and milon wont we able to cut it in international stage.
Old February 8, 2013, 11:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

All of them are in contention and will be invited to camp for the SL series. Then it's up to team management to see who should make it and who gets cut
Old February 8, 2013, 11:50 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Other than Rumman, I doubt that any of the others would be able to sustain success at the highest level, no matter how many runs they score in competitive (BPL and DPL) and noncompetitive and farcical (NCL and to a lesser extent, BCL) domestics. That being said, I sincerely hope they prove me wrong.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old February 9, 2013, 12:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
Other than Rumman, I doubt that any of the others would be able to sustain success at the highest level, no matter how many runs they score in competitive (BPL and DPL) and noncompetitive and farcical (NCL and to a lesser extent, BCL) domestics. That being said, I sincerely hope they prove me wrong.
I totally agree with you. Nafees most likely will never succeed in conditions outside the subcontinent. He is an opener but hardly got the technique to face and survive the new ball.
Jahurul uses too much bottom hand and lacks timing.He is also not great at playing short pitched bowling (An important criteria for most top order batsmen).

Shamsur and Shabbir are the only two batsman that may make great contribution to bd cricket. Shamsur is much better at playing spin than pace however he does have the technique and the time when facing fast bowling. Shabbir is an amazing talent, just needs to spend more time in the middle, needs the temperament of Anamul.
Old February 9, 2013, 12:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
All these players will fail miserably in int'l T20 cricket and fail so badly its going to be hilarious. As I've always said, we should forget about T20, BPL, IPL, ShitPL, etc. Focus on ODI so we can do something productive in 2015 and focus on Tests because SL, WI, NZ are all beatable teams and if we can't win a couple tests in the next few years we have only ourselves to blame.

India should be proof positive of the harms of garbage cricket on the real forms of the game.
I don't think that's a fair generalization. Almost all Aussie players play BBL and many IPL. Same with English players - Root, Bairstow, Buttler etc.

Such leagues can be actually beneficial if management is good and they don't ignore FC cricket. At least in BPL domestic players get a much tougher challenge facing an attack as close to Intl. standard as it can get. And BD has done better in ODIs since BPL IMHO.

As for them failing - maybe, maybe not. I agree that this is no good indicator of how they'll fare in the long run though. But still it's something for them to showcase their talents.