facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 23, 2013, 06:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CricketPagolChele
RH: Eta amar bak shadhinotar opor shorashori hosthokhep. As long as we follow the board rules, nothing should be banned. If you do not like something, banning is the only solution? Man, try to accept and tolerate different views, if you do not agree, counter it, don't ban it. Remember you are living in 21st century.
Yeah, you're right. In fact banning won't do anything at all. The "banned" can easily spread misinformation in other websites. How can I counter historical revisionism though? (like someone who said Mujib favored being the prime minister of East Pakistan over an independent Bangladesh) Stuff like that you know. Even arguing such preposterous revisionism lends it legitimacy which it otherwise doesn't have. That is the dilemma. But okay, in any case, I will let it be.

Ps: Oh, almost forgot, the century we are living in has nothing to do with this. Holocaust denial is a criminal offense is Europe, try explaining to them how they should counter the deniers and not outright impose penalties.
Old May 23, 2013, 11:37 PM
Cricket Legend

[ BD FACT CHECK ]
Old May 23, 2013, 11:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
[ BD FACT CHECK ]
Good start. Now let us see if it also fact checks government lies.
Old May 24, 2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
[ BD FACT CHECK ]
Nice. Much thanks for sharing Sayeed bhai

Exclusive Video. RAB .আইন রক্ষাকারী �...
^^^
I wonder if there is any way to check who really they are?
Old June 15, 2013, 12:59 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

4-0

Whitewash!!!!

Old June 15, 2013, 01:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
4-0

Whitewash!!!!
Good wake up call.
Old June 15, 2013, 01:38 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Quote:
4-0

Whitewash!!!!

A proud achievment indeed. Jamate Islam-BNP rulez
Shobbaike Gulaab Jamun ovonondon.
Old June 15, 2013, 01:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricheart

nicely phrased!
Old June 15, 2013, 01:55 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Quote:

nicely phrased!
oopps sorry! Ovinondon for everyone .. sorry for over-excited typo for great election result there.
Old June 15, 2013, 02:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
oopps sorry! Ovinondon for everyone .. sorry for over-excited typo for great election result there.
heh heh - I meant the Gulabi Jamun

... but I am sure that was gotten.
Old June 15, 2013, 03:22 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

Quote:
4-0

Whitewash!!!!

I predict a bright future for Bangladesh
Old June 15, 2013, 07:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
A proud achievment indeed. Jamate Islam-BNP rulez
I hope you are being sarcastic. I would never want rajakars to be in power or do any politics in our country. And BNP is much worse than AL. Their cadres have field days when they are in power.

Last edited by Crisis; June 15, 2013 at 07:27 PM.. Reason: spl mistake
Old June 15, 2013, 09:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Shakib

Whilst I am really suprised with the election results, as I thought AL would definitely win Kulna and had a very good chance of winning in Rajshahi, I am happy with BNP's 4-0 win. At least this saves the ordinary people of Bangladesh having to suffer from pointless and jalao poraw hartals. As I have been informed, apparently BNP has more supports in the cities whereas AL has more towards the rural areas? If that's true, then the election results I suppose aren't much of a surprise. Anyway, I hope the newly elected Mayors actually fulfill the hopes of their community. However there seems to be a trend in Bangladesh where one term it's AL and the next term it's BNP. Also I hope AL takes this as a massive wake up call because there is practically no hope of winning the city corporation elections in Comilla and Chittagong, because majority of the people there will vote BNP. and as for BNP, I would now love it, if they'd stop rambling on about the caretaker gov. Whilst I'm one who is in support of it, I think these elections at least proved that free fair elections can take place without one.
Old June 15, 2013, 09:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Lets celebrate the whitewash in Jamati Style....oop..oop...oop...oppaaa Jamati Style !

Quote:
রাজশাহীতে বোমা ফাটিয়ে উদযাপন শিবিরের

রাজশাহী সিটি কর্পোরেশনের মেয়র নির্বাচনে বিএনপি সমর্থিত প্রার্থী মোসাদ্দেক হোসেন বুলবুলের বিজয় হাতবোমা ফাঁটিয়ে উদযাপন করেছে ইসলামী ছাত্রশিবির।

http://bangla.bdnews24.com/banglades...e637168.bdnews

Old June 15, 2013, 09:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Shakib

^^^ Oh dear! -_-
Old June 15, 2013, 09:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Ei shob ki abol tabol kotha bolen. Chup kore thaken.

Old June 15, 2013, 09:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antora
Whilst I am really suprised with the election results, as I thought AL would definitely win Kulna and had a very good chance of winning in Rajshahi, I am happy with BNP's 4-0 win. At least this saves the ordinary people of Bangladesh having to suffer from pointless and jalao poraw hartals. As I have been informed, apparently BNP has more supports in the cities whereas AL has more towards the rural areas? If that's true, then the election results I suppose aren't much of a surprise. Anyway, I hope the newly elected Mayors actually fulfill the hopes of their community. However there seems to be a trend in Bangladesh where one term it's AL and the next term it's BNP. Also I hope AL takes this as a massive wake up call because there is practically no hope of winning the city corporation elections in Comilla and Chittagong, because majority of the people there will vote BNP. and as for BNP, I would now love it, if they'd stop rambling on about the caretaker gov. Whilst I'm one who is in support of it, I think these elections at least proved that free fair elections can take place without one.
I knew that BNP would win in Raj, Sylhet, Khulna but in Barishal ? That was a surprise for me. Hiron has done exceedingly well in his tenure. He has developed Barishal so much in his 5 years that now Barishal is referred as a 'Model City' for other cities in Bangladesh. BNP candidate Ahsan Kamal was in power for 12 years in Barishal. He could not even build a good street in front of his house let alone others. So, losing to Kamal by big margin is something i don't get it.

I heard its not only voters, there are many BAL supporters who also work against the govt. There is too much internal conflict in BAL than in BNP/Jamat !
Old June 15, 2013, 09:46 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

5th of May was vital. I am not saying too much, but you don't turn of lights to do that. And please don't show me any Basherkella and anti-Basherkella pictures and video.
Old June 15, 2013, 10:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
5th of May was vital. I am not saying too much, but you don't turn of lights to do that. And please don't show me any Basherkella and anti-Basherkella pictures and video.
Quote:
হেফাজতকে মতিঝিল থেকে উঠিয়ে দিতে গিয়ে কয়েক হাজার লোক মারা হয়েছে। এমন মিথ্যা প্রচারণা অনেকেই বিশ্বাস করেন। সে বিষয়টিও খানিকটা প্রভাবিত করে থাকতে পারে বলে হিরনের কর্মী সুলতান জানিয়েছেন।

http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsn...16062013204204
I guess you are right. We live in a country where people believe thousands of people died in couple of hours and govt vanished all the bodies and their family members too overnight. Also, we live in a country from where we see honest, purist Islamic scholar face on Moon from where he commands to kill other people. So, everything can happen in Bangladesh.

If people believed so and voted against the ruling party then be it. They have considered the right person for them and voted for them. I have no problem with that. The last thing i want is 'khuna khuni', mara mari in the name of 'Caretaker Govt' issue. If people's vote is with BNP/Jamat then go for the election and people will support you there too. I just want peace in our country. If BNP can offer corruption free, tenderbazi free, black money free, campus dokhol free, peaceful environment in the country, my sincere support for them too.
Old June 15, 2013, 10:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Good analysis by the writer.

Excerpt

Quote:
রাজশাহী ও বরিশালে আওয়ামী লীগের সদ্যবিদায়ী মেয়র পদপ্রার্থীরা উন্নয়নমূলক কাজ করেছেন। এলাকার লোকজন বলছেন, ব্যক্তি হিসেবে তাঁরা পরাজিত হননি, দল হিসেবে আওয়ামী লীগ পরাজিত হয়েছে। বরিশালে সচেতন নাগরিক কমিটির সভাপতি মোয়াজ্জেম হোসেন বলেছেন, ‘স্থানীয় নির্বাচনে জাতীয় ইস্যুর প্রভাব থাকার কথা না। কিন্তু দেখা গেছে, পদ্মা সেতু, হলমার্ক-ডেসটিনি, শেয়ারবাজার ইত্যাদি নির্বাচনের ফলাফলে প্রভাব রেখেছে। এ ছাড়া বরিশালবাসী মনে করে হেফাজতের ব্যাপারে সরকারের অবস্থান পরিষ্কার ছিল না। মানুষ ব্যক্তি শওকত হোসেনের দক্ষতার ওপর গুরুত্ব দেননি। নির্বাচন হয়েছে জাতীয় নির্বাচনের মতো। এখানে আসলে শওকত হোসেন পরাজিত হননি, আওয়ামী লীগ পরাজিত হয়েছে।’ রাজশাহীতেও খায়রুজ্জামান লিটনের পরাজয়ের পেছনে জাতীয় ইস্যু কাজ করেছে বলে মনে করেন রাজশাহী বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ের শিক্ষক মলয় কুমার ভৌমিক। তাঁর মতে, সরকারের সাড়ে চার বছরের ব্যর্থতা এই নির্বাচনে প্রতিফলিত হয়েছে।
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...15/news/360707
Old June 15, 2013, 11:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: A few

Can't say I'm too surprised, but god forbid it looks like BNP will win the next election by a landslide just like BAL did in the last election. Not healthy.
Old June 15, 2013, 11:15 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Can't say I'm too surprised, but god forbid it looks like BNP will win the next election by a landslide just like BAL did in the last election. Not healthy.
Regardless of who wins it should be just enough so they can have healthy argument inside the parliament.
Old June 15, 2013, 11:50 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

have to feel bad for the AL candidates because they lost due to the Party they represent and not because of their own work or BNP. This is a good indication of what is coming in the next general election. Can't say I am happy because we are still stuck with BNP and AL. If BNP wins by a landslide we will start regretting the decision within six months
Old June 16, 2013, 12:10 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Actually i am having a weird feeling that Bal lost it intentionally, if suppose as others say they can win intentionally then no wonder they can also lose intentionally, ,
now the question is why they would lose in such crucial elections.. it could be the starting of bigger conspiracy, like just to comfort everyone that there can be fair election in their reign and that they can lose, so why not the national election under their hood...
Old June 16, 2013, 12:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReZ_1
Actually i am having a weird feeling that Bal lost it intentionally, if suppose as others say they can win intentionally then no wonder they can also lose intentionally, ,
now the question is why they would lose in such crucial elections.. it could be the starting of bigger conspiracy, like just to comfort everyone that there can be fair election in their reign and that they can lose, so why not the national election under their hood...
Haha....isn't it the beauty of being opposition party ? Its always a win win situation. Jitle to kothai nai, ar na jitle 'excuse' er ovab nai