facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 31, 2013, 11:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Default How about starting a petition?

To sack the selectors or improve their selections along with other major aspects we are concerned about? At least it would bring some attention to the issue, now it's as if no one gives a **** about this awful, awful selection and team management

Share your thoughts below, probably we could start an online petition and forward it to BCB. Probably Isam can help us a bit on that regard too.

Points to be included:
  • Sack the selectors for their repeatedly awful selections, neither based on talent or performance.
  • Work on improving the already depleted stock of pace bowlers. Initiate a pace hunt and find the resources to start a pace bowling academy.
... and more will be added. Please make your suggestions below.

Old March 31, 2013, 11:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

signed.
Old March 31, 2013, 11:31 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I'll sign it but it won't do any good.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 31, 2013, 11:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
signed.
Get your suggestions rolling, I'll update OP with suggestions to be included in the petition and post the petition for everyone to sign after that. Say in change.org/avaaz or something.
Old March 31, 2013, 11:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Signed

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old March 31, 2013, 11:38 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Great ShakZ. Now here comes Akram mama with his resignation letter, (which is pretty much what we want), and knowing how the Khan bahini works, I afraid, this time Tamim will retire to sport his support for his shorty.
Old April 1, 2013, 12:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Green pitches? Mandatory 3 pacers per team?
Old April 1, 2013, 12:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Like Sohel bhai said, nothing will change the selection policy does not matter if its Akram or Bulbul. They only pick the players according to 'upper level' command. Otherwise, Akram, Nannu is not that foolish to select Shahadat for T20 who just had a terrible Test Series in SL.
Old April 1, 2013, 12:59 AM
Street Cricketer

for the moments, suggesting will be difficult, because my head is not working because of tears and anger,
however my suggestions for the moments:

1.Coaches Issue : Fire our headcoach. Recruit solid batting coach, solid pace bowling coach, solid spin bowling coach (for slas, offies ang leggies recruit part time coaches....Rafique can be a role model as sla coach because of his experience and fighting attitude, bring back saqi, find suitable one for leggies also).As headcoach find a stratigist who can asses situation correctly and make and change plan asrequired (one like Whatmore, who may be not the best coach for technique but surely one of the bests for stratigy)

2.Bowling issues :Arrange regular concentration camp for developing diciplined bowling.Stop investing on low potential bowlers, pick some more bowlers through hunting programmes and invest on them
3.Team selection issue:Recruit experts from foreign countries to advise our selectors, SLAs are our strength, remember WC 2007, when we fielded 3 spinners all of whom were SLAs to the surprise of many,But, the variation of them in similiar action made many batsmen confused and we got our best result in WC.keep at least 2 SLAs in our XI,Assign role to each player and stick to it, such as field Nasir always in the batting order of a match finisher.
Old April 1, 2013, 01:14 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Get your suggestions rolling, I'll update OP with suggestions to be included in the petition and post the petition for everyone to sign after that. Say in change.org/avaaz or something.
1. Initiate another Grameen Phone/{insert sponsor here} Pacer Hunt program.(why did it stop?) HIGH PRIORITY

2. Initiate a Fitness Camp the players are well-educated on how to maintain a balanced healthy diet/lifestyle even when they are not playing cricket so that the chances of injury is minimal. Players need to learn how to stay fit and take excellent care of their body. Shruwadi Shuvo seems to me an Ideal Example of this

3. Invite Afghanistan to participate in our BCL/NCL tournaments to spice things up.

4. During off season, before a major series let the players go through a boot camp(can be merged with fitness camp) for at least two weeks.

5. Organize more A team tours
Old April 1, 2013, 01:57 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Signed

-I want the new selectors to come up with a standardized process regarding the selection of the squad
-Players selected for Tests should be based on longer version FC cricket + A team performance
-Players selected for limited overs should be based on DPL BPL and A team performance
-Only Pacers with averages below 40 in domestic cricket should be considered for all formats
Old April 1, 2013, 02:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Like Sohel bhai said, nothing will change the selection policy does not matter if its Akram or Bulbul. They only pick the players according to 'upper level' command. Otherwise, Akram, Nannu is not that foolish to select Shahadat for T20 who just had a terrible Test Series in SL.
That's true . He might end up getting another chance.
Old April 1, 2013, 03:24 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Tamim,Mastan

i dont know why but i feel SRK will get a chance in Zim series as well. the only excuse to exclude him will be his honeymoon, not his performance
Old April 1, 2013, 04:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

If it includes getting Shahadat out of national colours or goof then i'll sign
Old April 1, 2013, 06:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Just get rid of Shahadat. That's all I want.
Old April 1, 2013, 07:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Just get rid of Shahadat. That's all I want.
This.
Old April 1, 2013, 08:01 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

I think we should start a petition to ICC to introduce neutral umpires for all internationals.
Old April 1, 2013, 09:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Signed.

But I don't think it's necessary to put extra resources in developing pace bowlers. I mean you have to play to your strength. Our spin stock is more valuable than some other teams. When you have lemons, make lemonade. And it also relates to the 1st point about selection, had the selectors made wiser choices, perhaps those guys would perform to our expectations, and you wouldn't be calling the pace attack bleak.

Also,also,also..........pleaseeeeeeee make DRS mandatory for all our matches. That would solve bad umpiring.
Old April 1, 2013, 09:36 AM
Banned

Best is to tweet @ BCB @ICC @ Banglacricket with same message "We Need Change in Selection Panel" make this viral.- I hope this will raise awareness
Old April 1, 2013, 09:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Who are these "upper level" morons?

Does Shahdat have a family member in politics or something?
Old April 1, 2013, 10:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

BC-te lokjon cheita ache mone hocche. Ami Kalker tea20-ta miss korchi, maaf korben tai choto ekta question. Sunlam SL tour naki successful hoiche. Eita ki SRK for Zia reaction? naki sref KFC Akram hate issue.
Old April 1, 2013, 11:52 AM
Street Cricketer

I do not sign. Selectors are doing a wonderful job! Apart from shahadat selection there is no other problem. Look at our status when this selection panel took over and where we are right now. Do not forget the past. We had limited resources, all pacers were injured, no other option left.....the only concern is why shahadat was selected over zia who was doing a better job in odi.
Old April 1, 2013, 11:53 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
to sack the selectors or improve their selections along with other major aspects we are concerned about? At least it would bring some attention to the issue, now it's as if no one gives a **** about this awful, awful selection and team management

Share your thoughts below, probably we could start an online petition and forward it to bcb. Probably isam can help us a bit on that regard too.

Points to be included:
  • sack the selectors for their repeatedly awful selections, neither based on talent or performance.
  • work on improving the already depleted stock of pace bowlers. Initiate a pace hunt and find the resources to start a pace bowling academy.
... And more will be added. Please make your suggestions below.
do not agree
Old April 1, 2013, 11:57 AM
Street Cricketer

I missed atleat one point.

4.UDRS Issue:Keep cricket free from politics .Bad umpiring is killing us! But only to align with the position of India, BCB is not using UDRS.We require to support our team, not India.
Old April 1, 2013, 12:34 PM
Test Cricketer

1) Develop feeder channels from outside BD. For example, we should be able to entice some Afgani pacer to play for us.
2) Invite net bowlers from Pakistan
3) Allow foreign players (at least two) in the first class teams
4) Get invited to foreign 1st-class tournaments
5) Arrange more A-Team entcounters even if these are against associate teams

Competition and Parctice will bring success.