facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 14, 2013, 12:40 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Nasir hossain and his impact on BD teams's recent success...

I think, lot of our recent success has a lot to do with Nasir. He has been performing consistently since the Zim tour of 2011. If you exclude Nasir, the team still looks mediocre.Yes, Mushfiqur is playing good atm, mominul is also very good and Shakib-tamim duo is their, but Nasir has been the backbone of our recent success..

kudos to Nasir and hope he brings us more glory...

Old April 14, 2013, 04:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Absolutely. Bangladeshi Michael Bevan. Players like Nasir are rare. We havent had too many of them in the history of our cricket. He freezes out pressure, doesnt lose his cool-never overawed by the situation. You can be rest assured T20, Test or ODI, if he is there, Bangladesh always has the chance during a chase. Only thing i would like to see him do is place more value on his wicket. He often has a tendency of throwing it away. If you remember Bevan, he was one player who would never want to get out. Best for Bangladeshi cricket if Nasir did the same
Old April 14, 2013, 04:20 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

He has got swagger and carefree attitude. Yes not only in BPL stint of trolling Zadran but he has the fearlessness that Ash used to have before latter's confidence was broken in half (I believe from overcoaching). I hope Nasir doesn't lose his natural, raw talent and touch.

All the best.
Old April 14, 2013, 06:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Nasir has been instrumental to BD of recent times
Old April 14, 2013, 06:19 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

When we started, we had players who had averages in the teens. Then came a little better players who averaged in 20s. We upgraded yet again with Tamim-Riyad-Shakib-Mushi group who averages 30s. Nasirs are the ones coming after them. He is in the 40s. Most definitely he is showing character in the middle. He deserves all the accolades. I totally agree with OP.

Crawl - walk - jog - run - sprint. We are at the running stage almost. We need few fast bowlers and we will be set. Home series would be a loss for most visiting countries then.
Old April 14, 2013, 06:39 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I like NAsir's attitude when he comes to bat, he looks very calm & serious but not nervous, he is very smart & loves challenge.
We are blessed to have him.
As T_Eye hai said we just need few decent fast bowlers and we will become a very good side.
Old April 14, 2013, 07:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

He's Mr. Consistent and Mr. Dependable too.
Old April 14, 2013, 09:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma_o_mati
I think, lot of our recent success has a lot to do with Nasir. He has been performing consistently since the Zim tour of 2011. If you exclude Nasir, the team still looks mediocre.Yes, Mushfiqur is playing good atm, mominul is also very good and Shakib-tamim duo is their, but Nasir has been the backbone of our recent success..

kudos to Nasir and hope he brings us more glory...
Sure, if he continues what has been doing recently, he will surpass the other Nassir Hossain, former England captain. He is the next star in the making and will rise to the level of Shakib and Tamim. He seems to bat well on bouncy pitch and upcoming Zim tour will be a good test for proving his capabilities. My hunch is he will do well in Zim.
Old April 14, 2013, 10:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

We are missing his bowling, it will be nice if he can contribute in both the forms
Old April 14, 2013, 11:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReZ_1
We are missing his bowling, it will be nice if he can contribute in both the forms
We have enough spinners in the team to not require his bowling atm. Why take the risk of putting too much pressure on him with added responsibility. Sometimes failure in one dept. (bowling for example) can cause lack of confidence in another (like batting). I would suggest to not change anything for this fella including his batting order which is #7 or 8. I said this before and saying it again, I think he's a player with short sight and relishes the challenge of finishing the game under pressure.
Old April 14, 2013, 01:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

We badly needed a finisher down the order. I don't think many of us were thinking about Nasir being the answer. When I think of finishers, I think of power hitters.Nasir might not be a powerful boundary hitter but what he does really well is pick the gaps nicely and stays cool under pressure. Not to mention, he finds ways to hit boundaries.

He's added a nice balance to our team. Remember our team before Nasir? Our team had too many slow starters. Mushy, Rocky, Riyad, and Naeem were all similar type of players and that's why we relied so much on Tamim and Shakib. Since then, Rocky and Naeem have been out of the team and Nasir has filled in nicely while Mushy has also become a much more fluent player down the order. Riyad has also become more fluent.

I agree with people that he needs to stay down the order. We need players like him at the end of our batting lineup. I'd also like to see Shabbir in for the shorter forms as I feel he'll be a good addition to the team