facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 22, 2013, 11:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones
Default Zimbabwe - Playing it really dirty!!!

I hate to be negative like this and accuse a country of such practice in a bilateral series but so far the series of events unfolding leads me to believe Zim is playing it really dirty to win the series at all cost.

Series of events that occurred so far:
-- Sudden change in the schedule where test matches were pushed forward knowing that BD just came back from SL playing onedays and T20.
-- The accommodations Zim provided so far including no match preparation.
-- The decision of playing on the same ground most likely on the same surface because they don't want to lose in the Bulawayo based on the slowness of the pitch and their previous record. Though in the report financial problem is listed as the main problem but why host a series where visitor can not be given a fair chance to compete?

Read this article on cricinfo.

I hate BCB for agreeing to all these crap that Zim is feeding. Financially BCB is better off and shouldn't really put up with this sh*t from a board like ZC. Just imagine BCB doing this to other countries like India or NZ.
Old April 22, 2013, 12:08 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Why don't they at least use a different pitch?
Old April 22, 2013, 12:13 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
-- Sudden change in the schedule where test matches were pushed forward knowing that BD just came back from SL playing onedays and T20.
>> All in their rights. They're the home team. It's not like they did it 24 hours before the series started.

Quote:
>> Read around the forums, there are many links to news articles where it suggest BCB's stupidity is the reason why we didn't have any WU games. They thought we world beaters wouldn't need one. That's the reason why the team themselves didn't practice in BD or after arriving in Zim. Some hardworking Captain Mushy is to let that happen.

Quote:
-- The decision of playing on the same ground most likely on the same surface because they don't want to lose in the Bulawayo based on the slowness of the pitch and their previous record. Though in the report financial problem is listed as the main problem but why host a series where visitor can not be given a fair chance to compete?
>> Again, all in their right. They can host the whole series in one ground if they wanted to.

Zim IS playing it fair and square, taking advantage of being the home team. We can hardly say that about us when BCB lets the visiting team practice on the game wickets. Stop whining.
Old April 22, 2013, 12:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

2011 shobi chilo tao chagoler moto harsi... ato kotha na koi eder shobuj grass dekhley jey nightmare shuru hoy ta dur kora dorker. Remember this same zimbo team when comes to bd plays like our woman team. because they have no clue how to play in slow pitches. same thing for us we are now playing our women team as our players have no clue how to play on a difficult pitch. that's why you see they attack so much cause they are afraid...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Old April 22, 2013, 12:21 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

the fact is that the zimbabweans want to win test matches really really really really hard and we don't.
Old April 22, 2013, 01:12 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Nothing dirty about it. It's tactical and they have every right to exploit home conditions.

The facilities they have arranged for Bangladesh is questionable, particularly the accommodation, but nothing wrong with pitch conditions.
Old April 22, 2013, 01:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

All within their rights does not make it right. Yes, the fault is also BCB's to agree to all these non-sense events that are putting our team in an unfair position but it does not mean being a host one must exploit the situation.

I understand everything everyone is saying and I do know our lose is due to our team playing like sissies but again, all these external factors caused by ZC are compounding our problem.
Old April 22, 2013, 01:47 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Nothing dirty about it. It's tactical and they have every right to exploit home conditions.

The facilities they have arranged for Bangladesh is questionable, particularly the accommodation, but nothing wrong with pitch conditions.
question is why dont WE do it...we are we so coy. shy and coqette abnt it?
Old April 22, 2013, 01:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar

Read this article on cricinfo.
What does the following mean from the article?
"The broadcasters, SuperSport, are using the same number they would use to cover a domestic game in South Africa, nine, which is significantly fewer than the 24 they use for an international, and there is no DRS."
Old April 22, 2013, 01:52 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop

>> Read around the forums, there are many links to news articles where it suggest BCB's stupidity is the reason why we didn't have any WU games. They thought we world beaters wouldn't need one. That's the reason why the team themselves didn't practice in BD or after arriving in Zim. Some hardworking Captain Mushy is to let that happen.

I guess you didn't answer the accommodation problem, if you come to ground with slippery hands with petrol then how would you expect them to take catch. Also coach tweeted there were not enough rice for the breakfast. How do you expect to give 100% while starving?
Old April 22, 2013, 01:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
What does the following mean from the article?
"The broadcasters, SuperSport, are using the same number they would use to cover a domestic game in South Africa, nine, which is significantly fewer than the 24 they use for an international, and there is no DRS."
Number of cameras.
Old April 22, 2013, 04:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
All within their rights does not make it right. Yes, the fault is also BCB's to agree to all these non-sense events that are putting our team in an unfair position but it does not mean being a host one must exploit the situation.

I understand everything everyone is saying and I do know our lose is due to our team playing like sissies but again, all these external factors caused by ZC are compounding our problem.
Well India did the same thing by packing their warm up squad with medium pacers and no spinners. Dirty, perhaps. But it is within their right. The best answer for that is to pull your socks up and win, just like England did. We couldn't do that.

Accomodations issue also seems to be made up because our media seems to have been reporting things that haven't been confirmed by the players and other staff. Petrol in the water, balti te gosul kora, none of that has been confirmed.

The bottom line is regardless of playing conditions we should be beating ZIM regardless of the format and we haven't done that.

Only legit excuse is the umpiring.
Old April 22, 2013, 04:05 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Some of the umpiring decisions have been questionable and came at critical times.

The rest is summed up by...naachte na jaanle uthhaan baaka....I am afraid!

Our shortcomings against the moving and bouncing ball have been cruelly exposed by Zimbabwe. They did their homework much better than our boys.

Zimbabwe was in the end the better team and owe a lot of it to Taylor who was excellent.

Frankly I am quite disappointed by BCB criticism of Zimbabwe board in public. Quite unprofessional!
Old April 22, 2013, 07:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Luka Modric

Umpiring has been questionable but overall it upto our team if they want to win. If Riyad really wanted to stick around and lead to the to a draw then he should have played the ball around for singles. Instead he plays cross bat shots to length deliveries in a test match where we are trailing by 400 or so runs.
Old April 22, 2013, 11:37 PM
Cricket Legend

I cant comment on accomodation etc. But changing the schedule, nature of the wickets, choice of venue-these are all tactical things which isnt playing dirty.

We should take a cue from this and prepare wickets which suit our team-when they visit BD. This means no flat BPL type run scoring wickets. Rather the type which we had against New Zealand-slow, low bounce, difficult to score conditions, little assistance for pacers-which is their strength.

Knowing how wonderful BCB is, i bet they wont learn from it and we the fans will yet again whine and complain how the wicket doesnt suit us and put opposition at disadvantage.
Old April 22, 2013, 11:44 PM
Cricket Legend

We just suck.
Old April 23, 2013, 02:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Change the thread title to Zimbabwe - Playing by the rules!!!
Old April 23, 2013, 03:59 AM
Cricket Legend

There is a reason it is called a "TEST". It is a test of all of these conditions thrown to team to play on forgein soils.

There is a Bengali saying....Nachtay na parlae bole uthan baka or the similar English phrase is a bad workman always blames his tools.

If we want to improve we should first analyse why we actually lost on they day.....
- Batsman couldnt score runs playing false shots
- Fielders dropped catches

Correct me if I am wrong but arent these the basics mistakes a team must avoid to play any form of cricket.
Old April 23, 2013, 04:01 AM
Cricket Legend

PS: Personally I think after Whatmore left, the Bangladeshi fielding level has dropped
Old April 23, 2013, 04:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
PS: Personally I think after Whatmore left, the Bangladeshi fielding level has dropped
I do agree with you. Whatmore was a very good tactical coach. At that time our boys were good at fielding.
Old April 23, 2013, 04:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
I do agree with you. Whatmore was a very good tactical coach. At that time our boys were good at fielding.
I was just watching the BD vs S Afr game in the 2007 World Cup. What amazing fielding by the BD team. Even from the oldies Bashar and Rafique.
Old April 23, 2013, 07:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Yes i dont understand why our fielding is so appalling now.
Old April 23, 2013, 07:55 AM
Test Cricketer

we are all grown adults.
Please stop making excuses because our spineless BCB and the team failed us once again.

Some of you sound like my teenage kid!
Old April 23, 2013, 08:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Yes i dont understand why our fielding is so appalling now.
Until Julien Fountain it was reasonably ok. The fielding level dropped under Jason Swift. Now Corey Richards has taken over, and from it looks like he is doing a dual role-batting and fielding coach.

Fitness is also another issue. To be running around, to be sharp and agile fitness levels have to be good. I dont know who is the current fitness coach, but i have seen our players in better shape before. Even the work of the physio has to be questioned.
Old April 23, 2013, 05:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Until Julien Fountain it was reasonably ok. The fielding level dropped under Jason Swift. Now Corey Richards has taken over, and from it looks like he is doing a dual role-batting and fielding coach.

Fitness is also another issue. To be running around, to be sharp and agile fitness levels have to be good. I dont know who is the current fitness coach, but i have seen our players in better shape before. Even the work of the physio has to be questioned.
The coaching department seems to be in all sorts.