facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old April 22, 2013, 11:45 AM
betaar betaar is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 24, 2004
Location: Land of the free
Favorite Player: The big hearted ones
Posts: 2,515
Default Zimbabwe - Playing it really dirty!!!

I hate to be negative like this and accuse a country of such practice in a bilateral series but so far the series of events unfolding leads me to believe Zim is playing it really dirty to win the series at all cost.

Series of events that occurred so far:
-- Sudden change in the schedule where test matches were pushed forward knowing that BD just came back from SL playing onedays and T20.
-- The accommodations Zim provided so far including no match preparation.
-- The decision of playing on the same ground most likely on the same surface because they don't want to lose in the Bulawayo based on the slowness of the pitch and their previous record. Though in the report financial problem is listed as the main problem but why host a series where visitor can not be given a fair chance to compete?

Read this article on cricinfo.

I hate BCB for agreeing to all these crap that Zim is feeding. Financially BCB is better off and shouldn't really put up with this sh*t from a board like ZC. Just imagine BCB doing this to other countries like India or NZ.
__________________
In Darwin's eyes, Bangladeshi batsmen are still monkeys with cricket bats.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old April 22, 2013, 12:08 PM
shuziburo's Avatar
shuziburo shuziburo is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Dhaka / NYC Metro Area
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Posts: 9,106

Why don't they at least use a different pitch?
__________________
প্রথম বাংলাদেশ আমার শেষ বাংলাদেশ, জীবন বাংলাদেশ আমার মরন বাংলাদেশ।
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old April 22, 2013, 12:13 PM
Dilscoop Dilscoop is offline
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC
 
Join Date: March 22, 2010
Posts: 10,927

Quote:
-- Sudden change in the schedule where test matches were pushed forward knowing that BD just came back from SL playing onedays and T20.
>> All in their rights. They're the home team. It's not like they did it 24 hours before the series started.

Quote:
-- The accommodations Zim provided so far including no match preparation.
>> Read around the forums, there are many links to news articles where it suggest BCB's stupidity is the reason why we didn't have any WU games. They thought we world beaters wouldn't need one. That's the reason why the team themselves didn't practice in BD or after arriving in Zim. Some hardworking Captain Mushy is to let that happen.

Quote:
-- The decision of playing on the same ground most likely on the same surface because they don't want to lose in the Bulawayo based on the slowness of the pitch and their previous record. Though in the report financial problem is listed as the main problem but why host a series where visitor can not be given a fair chance to compete?
>> Again, all in their right. They can host the whole series in one ground if they wanted to.

Zim IS playing it fair and square, taking advantage of being the home team. We can hardly say that about us when BCB lets the visiting team practice on the game wickets. Stop whining.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old April 22, 2013, 12:19 PM
akabir77's Avatar
akabir77 akabir77 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 23, 2004
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok
Posts: 10,769

2011 shobi chilo tao chagoler moto harsi... ato kotha na koi eder shobuj grass dekhley jey nightmare shuru hoy ta dur kora dorker. Remember this same zimbo team when comes to bd plays like our woman team. because they have no clue how to play in slow pitches. same thing for us we are now playing our women team as our players have no clue how to play on a difficult pitch. that's why you see they attack so much cause they are afraid...
__________________
1. Shahadat Hossain: Mufambisi c Mashud; Chigumbura lbw; Utseya c Mashud
2.
Abdur Razzak: P Utseya caught; RW Price lbw; CB Mpofu lbw
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old April 22, 2013, 12:21 PM
fwullah's Avatar
fwullah fwullah is offline
First BC Member
 
Join Date: June 20, 2002
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Posts: 6,545

the fact is that the zimbabweans want to win test matches really really really really hard and we don't.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old April 22, 2013, 01:12 PM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 14,901

Nothing dirty about it. It's tactical and they have every right to exploit home conditions.

The facilities they have arranged for Bangladesh is questionable, particularly the accommodation, but nothing wrong with pitch conditions.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old April 22, 2013, 01:40 PM
betaar betaar is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 24, 2004
Location: Land of the free
Favorite Player: The big hearted ones
Posts: 2,515

All within their rights does not make it right. Yes, the fault is also BCB's to agree to all these non-sense events that are putting our team in an unfair position but it does not mean being a host one must exploit the situation.

I understand everything everyone is saying and I do know our lose is due to our team playing like sissies but again, all these external factors caused by ZC are compounding our problem.
__________________
In Darwin's eyes, Bangladeshi batsmen are still monkeys with cricket bats.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old April 22, 2013, 01:47 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Posts: 25,784

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Nothing dirty about it. It's tactical and they have every right to exploit home conditions.

The facilities they have arranged for Bangladesh is questionable, particularly the accommodation, but nothing wrong with pitch conditions.
question is why dont WE do it...we are we so coy. shy and coqette abnt it?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old April 22, 2013, 01:50 PM
zsayeed zsayeed is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 19, 2007
Posts: 4,915

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar

Read this article on cricinfo.
What does the following mean from the article?
"The broadcasters, SuperSport, are using the same number they would use to cover a domestic game in South Africa, nine, which is significantly fewer than the 24 they use for an international, and there is no DRS."
__________________
I Want to Believe
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old April 22, 2013, 01:52 PM
ReZ_1's Avatar
ReZ_1 ReZ_1 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 31, 2012
Location: Where heart touches mind
Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler
Posts: 1,762

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
-- The accommodations Zim provided so far including no match preparation.
.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop

>> Read around the forums, there are many links to news articles where it suggest BCB's stupidity is the reason why we didn't have any WU games. They thought we world beaters wouldn't need one. That's the reason why the team themselves didn't practice in BD or after arriving in Zim. Some hardworking Captain Mushy is to let that happen.

I guess you didn't answer the accommodation problem, if you come to ground with slippery hands with petrol then how would you expect them to take catch. Also coach tweeted there were not enough rice for the breakfast. How do you expect to give 100% while starving?
__________________
"- O Allah, forgive our sins and have mercy on us ! Help us through worst times and bless us with good ones, you are the ONE the only one to guide us to right path and save us from disasters.."
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old April 22, 2013, 01:52 PM
Murad's Avatar
Murad Murad is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: July 30, 2006
Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Posts: 19,750

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
What does the following mean from the article?
"The broadcasters, SuperSport, are using the same number they would use to cover a domestic game in South Africa, nine, which is significantly fewer than the 24 they use for an international, and there is no DRS."
Number of cameras.
__________________
~*Islam is the only way to attain peace in life, be it personal, family or political.*~
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old April 22, 2013, 04:00 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 21,121

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
All within their rights does not make it right. Yes, the fault is also BCB's to agree to all these non-sense events that are putting our team in an unfair position but it does not mean being a host one must exploit the situation.

I understand everything everyone is saying and I do know our lose is due to our team playing like sissies but again, all these external factors caused by ZC are compounding our problem.
Well India did the same thing by packing their warm up squad with medium pacers and no spinners. Dirty, perhaps. But it is within their right. The best answer for that is to pull your socks up and win, just like England did. We couldn't do that.

Accomodations issue also seems to be made up because our media seems to have been reporting things that haven't been confirmed by the players and other staff. Petrol in the water, balti te gosul kora, none of that has been confirmed.

The bottom line is regardless of playing conditions we should be beating ZIM regardless of the format and we haven't done that.

Only legit excuse is the umpiring.
__________________
Bangladesh is a stronger team with Shakib al Hasan.
Bangladesh is a stronger team without Shakib al Hasan.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old April 22, 2013, 04:05 PM
Zobair's Avatar
Zobair Zobair is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
 
Join Date: July 15, 2002
Location: 16th floor
Posts: 4,103

Some of the umpiring decisions have been questionable and came at critical times.

The rest is summed up by...naachte na jaanle uthhaan baaka....I am afraid!

Our shortcomings against the moving and bouncing ball have been cruelly exposed by Zimbabwe. They did their homework much better than our boys.

Zimbabwe was in the end the better team and owe a lot of it to Taylor who was excellent.

Frankly I am quite disappointed by BCB criticism of Zimbabwe board in public. Quite unprofessional!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old April 22, 2013, 07:08 PM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
Favorite Player: Luka Modric
Posts: 5,384

Umpiring has been questionable but overall it upto our team if they want to win. If Riyad really wanted to stick around and lead to the to a draw then he should have played the ball around for singles. Instead he plays cross bat shots to length deliveries in a test match where we are trailing by 400 or so runs.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old April 22, 2013, 11:37 PM
jeesh jeesh is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 4, 2005
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Posts: 2,206

I cant comment on accomodation etc. But changing the schedule, nature of the wickets, choice of venue-these are all tactical things which isnt playing dirty.

We should take a cue from this and prepare wickets which suit our team-when they visit BD. This means no flat BPL type run scoring wickets. Rather the type which we had against New Zealand-slow, low bounce, difficult to score conditions, little assistance for pacers-which is their strength.

Knowing how wonderful BCB is, i bet they wont learn from it and we the fans will yet again whine and complain how the wicket doesnt suit us and put opposition at disadvantage.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old April 22, 2013, 11:44 PM
NoName's Avatar
NoName NoName is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 9, 2011
Location: Sauga
Posts: 3,087

We just suck.
__________________
"Life is a dream from which we all must wake."
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old April 23, 2013, 02:08 AM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
Favorite Player: Luka Modric
Posts: 5,384

Change the thread title to Zimbabwe - Playing by the rules!!!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old April 23, 2013, 03:59 AM
adamnsu adamnsu is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 12, 2005
Posts: 2,214

There is a reason it is called a "TEST". It is a test of all of these conditions thrown to team to play on forgein soils.

There is a Bengali saying....Nachtay na parlae bole uthan baka or the similar English phrase is a bad workman always blames his tools.

If we want to improve we should first analyse why we actually lost on they day.....
- Batsman couldnt score runs playing false shots
- Fielders dropped catches

Correct me if I am wrong but arent these the basics mistakes a team must avoid to play any form of cricket.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old April 23, 2013, 04:01 AM
adamnsu adamnsu is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 12, 2005
Posts: 2,214

PS: Personally I think after Whatmore left, the Bangladeshi fielding level has dropped
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old April 23, 2013, 04:06 AM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,647

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
PS: Personally I think after Whatmore left, the Bangladeshi fielding level has dropped
I do agree with you. Whatmore was a very good tactical coach. At that time our boys were good at fielding.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old April 23, 2013, 04:19 AM
adamnsu adamnsu is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 12, 2005
Posts: 2,214

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
I do agree with you. Whatmore was a very good tactical coach. At that time our boys were good at fielding.
I was just watching the BD vs S Afr game in the 2007 World Cup. What amazing fielding by the BD team. Even from the oldies Bashar and Rafique.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old April 23, 2013, 07:31 AM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
Favorite Player: Luka Modric
Posts: 5,384

Yes i dont understand why our fielding is so appalling now.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old April 23, 2013, 07:55 AM
meazz1's Avatar
meazz1 meazz1 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: June 15, 2007
Location: GA, USA
Posts: 1,192

we are all grown adults.
Please stop making excuses because our spineless BCB and the team failed us once again.

Some of you sound like my teenage kid!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old April 23, 2013, 08:58 AM
jeesh jeesh is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 4, 2005
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Posts: 2,206

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Yes i dont understand why our fielding is so appalling now.
Until Julien Fountain it was reasonably ok. The fielding level dropped under Jason Swift. Now Corey Richards has taken over, and from it looks like he is doing a dual role-batting and fielding coach.

Fitness is also another issue. To be running around, to be sharp and agile fitness levels have to be good. I dont know who is the current fitness coach, but i have seen our players in better shape before. Even the work of the physio has to be questioned.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old April 23, 2013, 05:33 PM
BengaliPagol's Avatar
BengaliPagol BengaliPagol is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2012
Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
Favorite Player: Luka Modric
Posts: 5,384

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Until Julien Fountain it was reasonably ok. The fielding level dropped under Jason Swift. Now Corey Richards has taken over, and from it looks like he is doing a dual role-batting and fielding coach.

Fitness is also another issue. To be running around, to be sharp and agile fitness levels have to be good. I dont know who is the current fitness coach, but i have seen our players in better shape before. Even the work of the physio has to be questioned.
The coaching department seems to be in all sorts.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket