facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old August 2, 2013, 02:38 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Last week after having a particularly tough day at the office i returned home and was standing in front of my door but couldn't open the door for some reason. Then i realized i was trying to press on the "open" button on my car key instead of inserting my house key into the lock
Old August 2, 2013, 07:11 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

ekhane to bhaloi k kake el korano jay protiyogita choche

Got gift card from Kohl's.... mistakenly thought got gift from Kohli

Last edited by Zeeshan; August 2, 2013 at 10:22 PM..
Old August 3, 2013, 12:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Been to a Justin bieber concert. ... I might have been the only non employee guy there.

However not so fail is niece statement "best birthday gift ever"
Old August 3, 2013, 12:52 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

bhat durokom bhabe khawajay...not khawaja mind you... amader the idumb ektu vaat niye mathar char pashe helicoptoer er moton pterodactyl pakhir moton ghuriye ghariye khay

oi beta....best birthday gift ever mane ki

Old August 3, 2013, 02:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Best birthday gift means she has never got a gift for her birthday as good as this.

I am telling you man I found the secret to perfect gifts.... Giving things that you experience rather than material stuff.
Old August 4, 2013, 10:32 AM
Banned

Mukhey ekta bron hoyechilo. Bron choley giyechey ar tar jaygay chotto ekta dag porechilo. Ami beshi matabbori korlam ar 50% Glycolic acid dheley dilam jaygatay. Ekhon dag er size dosh gun berey giyechey!
Old August 4, 2013, 10:35 AM
Test Cricketer

Got offers to study Masters in Banking at Queen Mary University, but not looking forward (Expensive)... have one month time until september to find a graduate or entry level finance related job! failing at the moment.. lol
Old August 5, 2013, 06:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by King13
Got offers to study Masters in Banking at Queen Mary University, but not looking forward (Expensive)... have one month time until september to find a graduate or entry level finance related job! failing at the moment.. lol
Don't do Masters! It's a waste of money! I wasted £10k doing my Masters. And, for what ?

In the UK, degrees mean jack. Work epxerience is all that counts! You can do a Phd but if you got no work experience, you will NEVER geat a job. You will, however, find the odd company who says in the job desc - must have a degree or be from a red brick uni.

If you are on a student visa, then you got no hope. Part-time work wont get you anywhere and companies want employees who can work full time. Also, companies don't count part-time work experience as experience at all!If you get a post study or whatever it is they call them these days, you got some hope.
Old August 5, 2013, 09:01 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

So, I've been seeing this girl for the past few months. By 'seeing" I actually mean going to movies and few coffee dates.(infact, I don't know if one would even call it a date, as I don't know how she feels about it).

So I was planning to finally confess to her during coffee, but I chickened out at the last minute. Now I won't be seeing her for the next 6 months as she is going to an exchange program in Germany.
Damn you Germany!
Old August 5, 2013, 09:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Nirala

^ You can be like Harold from Harold and Kumar, and track her down in Germany.
Old August 6, 2013, 03:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
So, I've been seeing this girl for the past few months. By 'seeing" I actually mean going to movies and few coffee dates.(infact, I don't know if one would even call it a date, as I don't know how she feels about it).

So I was planning to finally confess to her during coffee, but I chickened out at the last minute. Now I won't be seeing her for the next 6 months as she is going to an exchange program in Germany.
Damn you Germany!
I know how you are feeling buddy ! I met her during last semester of Undergrad. She was so beautiful and a brilliant student too. She got top marks in almost every subject. So, most of our conversation was basically for class purposes but she knew that i had a special feeling for her. Like you, i was also chicken out at the last few days of our class. I still can't believe I bought love card and roses but could not manage to give her. I was always afraid of 'rejection' ! Now she' married and recently got her baby.

At least you have a chance after 6 months ! Don't miss out again !
Old August 6, 2013, 03:17 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
^ You can be like Harold from Harold and Kumar, and track her down in Germany.
when did Harold and Kumar do that? I thought they wanted to eat burgers
Old August 6, 2013, 04:43 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis
Don't do Masters! It's a waste of money! I wasted £10k doing my Masters. And, for what ?

In the UK, degrees mean jack. Work epxerience is all that counts! You can do a Phd but if you got no work experience, you will NEVER geat a job. You will, however, find the odd company who says in the job desc - must have a degree or be from a red brick uni.

If you are on a student visa, then you got no hope. Part-time work wont get you anywhere and companies want employees who can work full time. Also, companies don't count part-time work experience as experience at all!If you get a post study or whatever it is they call them these days, you got some hope.
Generalize much? My brother got his job through a graduate program the company ran and they then paid for his MBA. Obviously a transcript and a university certificate isn't everything - just 'knowing' stuff from books means jack all in the real world. But 'degrees mean jack' - so no need to go to med school? no need for a degree in aeronautics to design planes for Boeing or Airbus?

I know the IT sector is a big exception to this - people pick up certifications from the industry etc etc
Old August 6, 2013, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
when did Harold and Kumar do that? I thought they wanted to eat burgers
There's a part 2. In fact, there's a part 3 too, but that's irrelevant.
Old August 6, 2013, 08:36 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Men in Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by King13
With the current immigration policy it is very difficult to get a job in U.K, even with an experience. There are many laws in place by the UKBA which no company will bother to go through to hire an entry level graduate from outside the EU. The immigration thing has been turned into a huge point scoring opportunity by the political parties. All the South Asian countries will be "high risk nations" from November.

If you're on a student visa and have to come back to your home country, I'd suggest you to look for a job once you return where you have a much better chance of securing one. Or if you're looking to study masters then go for countries like France or Germany where it won't cost you an arm and a leg. In France there's a compulsory internship as a part of you r degree, where you not only earn about 800- 1000 euros/month but there's a also a good opportunity of becoming permanent with them. And there are no tuition fees in Germany, you only pay for your living, whereas in U.K. an international student has to pay 3 times more for his/her tuition.
Old August 6, 2013, 09:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy

Damn you Germany!
You are not alone bro. We all go through this..

I had a lady friend during my school days who I had a huge crush on..We were very close. Met her parents and they also liked me. But silly me. Didnt have the guts to propose. My best friend at that time took advantage of that opportunity and now they are still together.

She knew how much I cared about her and she is still upset at me for not asking her out. But she is now married to my best friend. So cant do anything about it.

just say it out bro. Tell her how you feel before its too late. At least you wont think life could have been different or lot better 20 years from now..
Old August 6, 2013, 09:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

@tonoy, look at the bright side as well. You can text/fb/skype with her while she is alone in Germany. Show how much you care for her and in the loneliness she will have more time to think of you and eventually start to miss you. So sometimes the separation is necessary to realize and this anticipation to see each other will only intensify the romance.

@naimul/roman bhais, its never too late. so what those crushes are married with kids. will thakle way ase
Old August 6, 2013, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Roman bhai, this might be your best chance at a second marriage. Never say never. You've seen what happens when you say never. If she still wants you and you want her and she doesn't want your best friend and you don't want your wife then go for it, ki ase jibone.

Tonoy, I thought you were manlier than this.

What's with all these gutless Bangladeshi Humayun Ahmed er boi er nayok marka bertho premik men? Bhaiyara Bangla mod kheye durgom paharer churay acid brishtite nogno bhija baad diye buk e himmot rakhen, you want something go get it.
Old August 6, 2013, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
@tonoy, look at the bright side as well. You can text/fb/skype with her while she is alone in Germany. Show how much you care for her and in the loneliness she will have more time to think of you and eventually start to miss you. So sometimes the separation is necessary to realize and this anticipation to see each other will only intensify the romance.
Right, and let some blue eyed German hunk with an accent (is it "ich" or "ish"? - can't tell) take her away. Sorry Tonoy, looks like your only option here is to pull a Harold like iDumb said. Otherwise before you know it, she'll end up with a husband (not you) and babies and then tumi Central Park er chipay boshe hahakar korba Roman bhai er moto.
Old August 6, 2013, 09:54 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Right, and let some blue eyed German hunk with an accent (is it "ich" or "ish"? - can't tell) take her away. Sorry Tonoy, looks like your only option here is to pull a Harold like iDumb said. Otherwise before you know it, she'll end up with a husband (not you) and babies and then tumi Central Park er chipay boshe hahakar korba Roman bhai er moto.
lol last e pun ta Roman bhai ke na mere Naimul Bhai ke dile besi jomto!
Old August 6, 2013, 09:56 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Loved the way Roman bhai & NAimul bhai just made Tonoy paranoid 6 months is enough for her to get à la fois married and conceive (referring Naim bhai) .
Old August 6, 2013, 10:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Roman bhai, this might be your best chance at a second marriage. Never say never. You've seen what happens when you say never. If she still wants you and you want her and she doesn't want your best friend and you don't want your wife then go for it, ki ase jibone.

Tonoy, I thought you were manlier than this.

What's with all these gutless Bangladeshi Humayun Ahmed er boi er nayok marka bertho premik men? Bhaiyara Bangla mod kheye durgom paharer churay acid brishtite nogno bhija baad diye buk e himmot rakhen, you want something go get it.
Haha...No need to marry again. Ek tare niya kul pai na abar arek ta? Bhoote kilaise amare?

FYI..I learnt the lesson from that part of my life and thats how I got my wife
Old August 6, 2013, 10:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
not that easy. if he can play it right, no blue eyed german will be able to impress her. but she might freak out if he just goes all the way to see her. ektu beshi beshi hoye jabe beparta. kotha hocche meye ta kemon? tar ki humayun ahmed er nayikar moton struggling lower middle class chele bhalo lage, naki aashiqui 2 gan sharadin shune, or ryan gosling marry me status dei.

naimul bhai can shed more light into it. he has been through all sort of love experiences.
Old August 6, 2013, 10:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Sorry Tonoy, looks like your only option here is to pull a Harold like iDumb said...
asif bhai, i didnt participate in this discussion yet...i think ajfar bhai said that..

i think personally based on little what tonoy wrote there is a very high chance of him getting rejected..... but you wouldnt know until u go for it.....

roman bhai, i think that makes three ppl, you, your friend and his wife wishing you asked her....

like chris rock said...there isnt a single girl in the world, no matter how perfect, who has a man that is not tired of being with her....

divorce rate in us 50 percent, cheating rate much higher... ashleymadisson has some ? 11 million customers, in mobile app, majority girls.... welcome to real world....

thats more than 1 in 2 couple who will cheat and end up getting divorced, and at some point they were in love, had butterflies just like tonoy....

there is no such a thing as one that got away.... u just need to keep those b**** locked in the closet and not let them flirt with their equally miserable co workers..
Old August 6, 2013, 10:26 AM
Cricket Legend

roman bhai time to download bang with friends app. and you guys thought you dont have any use for it....