facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old February 8, 2018, 08:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

My apologies for the late reply guys, bit busy with the final year project, today is the last date of submission, you know how bitch due dates can be, will answer all the rest of the questions over this weekend, please bear with me.

Old February 8, 2018, 10:27 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

her name is selma mora guys...

welcome you disgusting creeps
Old February 9, 2018, 12:57 AM
Cricket Savant

Nominating epitaph, NoName and match adda for next week.
Old February 9, 2018, 03:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Nominating epitaph, NoName and match adda for next week.
MatchAdda first please.
Old February 9, 2018, 06:54 AM
Club Cricketer

What is Kathgora?
Old February 9, 2018, 07:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebreaker
What is Kathgora?
Kathgora is a disease almost eczema like, used to be contracted by the people of Bengal. When people contracted Kathgora, villagers elders summoned the person to a court and asked if they are involved in witchcraft, Many believed that Kathgora was caused by demon like spirits an those involved with dark forces would contract it.

Thus this court is known as a kathgora homage to the old idea.

Hope it helps.
Old February 9, 2018, 10:21 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Kathuria Kath ketey banai Kathgora.
Old February 13, 2018, 01:35 AM
Cricket Guru

One question Roy, how do you feel about the Kashmir issue?

Do you think it should be under India's control or its own country (won't even bother asking if you think it should be under Pak )
Old February 16, 2018, 08:01 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

looks like last two "asamis" escaped the long hand of the law. we need to strengthen our police force. I nominate BK da as the new asami
Old February 16, 2018, 11:56 AM
Cricket Savant

I nominate BK too.

My advanced questions to him are:

1. Manhole (as in ***hole) complete submerged or a snake full of pit - 1hr max? Choose.
2. What would be your dream or alternate lifestyle and career in other life?
3. What's your favorite food? Guessing biryani
4. How to make money? You know the good stuff.. the chaching... the dough..the green stuff.. the benjies
5. What is the hardest drug you ever tried...besides life..lol

Can't believe you didn't go up there man.
Old February 16, 2018, 08:49 PM
Cricket Legend

BK

1.Have any of your buildings collapsed yet, I heard in the (finance thread) that you are afraid of a recession and also have drinking problems.

I don't know drinking and architecture doesn't go too well don't ya think?
Old February 16, 2018, 09:10 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Salam BK Bhai

How did you meet our bhabi?
Does she like BD food?
What was the hardest time of your life and how did you overcome?
Old February 24, 2018, 09:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

This courts bail is too low. Defendants keep vanishing. Who's next?
Old February 25, 2018, 03:08 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

what's the point..clearly the defendants here have the same respect for the court as our politicians have
Old February 25, 2018, 07:47 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

^^ I think the Kathgora concept is only good for when it's fresh...after a few weeks it turns bad and not good for consumption
Old February 27, 2018, 07:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

I am actually bit worried about BK Dadu
Old February 27, 2018, 10:47 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Nah..ashami gula shob palay jacche.
Old February 28, 2018, 12:50 PM
Cricket Savant

Hold on my dear apus and bhaiyas, I will respond in a few days. Sorry guys that I am holding up the production. Thank you bhaiyas for this honor.
Old February 28, 2018, 01:12 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
I nominate BK too.

My advanced questions to him are:

1. Manhole (as in ***hole) complete submerged or a snake full of pit - 1hr max? Choose.
2. What would be your dream or alternate lifestyle and career in other life?
3. What's your favorite food? Guessing biryani
4. How to make money? You know the good stuff.. the chaching... the dough..the green stuff.. the benjies
5. What is the hardest drug you ever tried...besides life..lol

Can't believe you didn't go up there man.
1. Manhole.
2. Uma Thurman - Hollywood.
Although I live my dream my dream career - the above is, just if I could have been someone else.
3. Chickin wings
4. Coke, not rock - Mid level - preferably 3rd or 4th man, not the 10th man hustling on the street, by the corner Bodega, going ke paso Papi, making 5 on the 100.

5. - 5th
Old February 28, 2018, 02:19 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
BK

1.Have any of your buildings collapsed yet, I heard in the (finance thread) that you are afraid of a recession and also have drinking problems.

I don't know drinking and architecture doesn't go too well don't ya think?
1. a. Never! And absolutely never will - NOT because of design flaw.
My buildings stand in California, Oregon, Tel Aviv and Milan, all earthquake zones.
High magnitude may cause the structure to fail, but NOT because of me. Every aspect of the buildings are designed and built by local, state, provincial, federal (IBC - International Building Code) code to the 'T'.

BTW, Dinraat, I am the architect, I design space, control aesthetics, poetry of moving and simultaneously still/frozen moments and ultimately bring ecstasy filled fantasy to reality. I give cloud 9 a physical concrete (literally and non) and tangible definition.
Dinraat, you know that I as the architect, do not design, calculate or take any responsibility for the steel framing, slab design, load calculation, lateral forces, wind load or any other structural element. The structural engineer does that and carries that responsibility.HE or she stamps the structural drawings. I am responsible for Aesthetic and poetry - along with human life safety issues in terms of accessibility, handicap, American Disability Act 1974, Fire code etc. The architect coordinates and controls the structural, mechanical (HVAC), plumbing, electrical, sprinkler, civil (exterior infrastructure) per the architectural design. If the building fails or as you mentioned 'falls' it is more than likely due to the structural design fault, miscalculation and incompetence of the structural engineer. And if the structural engineer did make a mistake, when his or her drawings are going through the local jurisdiction/control check - department of building and safety, they should have caught it, before approving the design and issuing a construction permit to the general contractor.

Everybody fears a recession, if you need a JOB to pay your bills.

Drinking problem. What drinking problem? 'Problems' are all relative.
Just because I said, 'problem' at a different thread, does not mean I meant it. I am 'Bujhee Kom', bhai dinraat, you have to be able to pick when I mean something seriously or as a joke, right?
'I' do not know a single sublime architecture that did not come out without the good company of a good Absinthe. Architecture or Art without strong drinks, are rather rare in my knowledge.
Off the record, without Jack Daniels, I wouldn't have been able to survive through 11 years of Tulane and Columbia or passed any of my exams, deadlines, jury critiques in life.

That being said, I will also say this - over drinking is bad for your health. Do not drink and drive or operate heavy machinery, specially electric saws. 'Most' people should drink in moderation, when needed please call a cab, if you cannot afford one, walk. And it (drinking) can cause extreme marital, relationship problems.

Last edited by bujhee kom; February 28, 2018 at 03:09 PM..
Old February 28, 2018, 02:55 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Salam BK Bhai

Does she like BD food?

Walaikum as Salaam, Roman bhaiya.

I will get to yours tonight.
Old February 28, 2018, 05:39 PM
Cricket Legend

just 1 more.

Can you give a us a couple of pictures of your buildings.

It's completely up to you if you wish to, I just want to see some of your works.
Old March 1, 2018, 06:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Architects are wannabe Engineers.

#FACT
Old March 1, 2018, 10:06 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Salam BK Bhai

Does she like BD food?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Walaikum as Salaam, Roman bhaiya.

I will get to yours tonight.
1. I met my wife when I was at Tulane and while attending the 52nd National Conference on Historic Preservation in Savannah, GA (I happened to have gone to school and lived in Savannah for 7 years before). I met her as she was also in graduate school at that time and attending the events with her peers. That was about 20 years ago. After those few days in Savannah, I went back to my hell hole in New Orleans and my now wife went back to her Nashville. We maintained a turmoil-filled relationship for a year and a half and then she helped me move to NYC when she was doing her doctoral work here. That was about 18 years ago. Then a year or so later we got engaged, and we got married about 17 years ago.

2. Roman, your bhabi loves our Bangladeshi food, and her being a vegan, she is very much close to the sub-continental and Brahmanbarian/Dhakaiya food. SHe knows how to use Panch-foron, if that tells you something. But although she is a 'southerner', she avoids deep fried food. She is very health conscious and lives a extremely healthy life, unlike me. She has been to Bangladesh 6 times over the last 17 years and my in-laws had visited Dhaka and Brahmanbaria once back in 2003.

My wife considers herself very fortunate to be be present at the bed side of my late mother when she took her last breath. She washed my mom at my parents' house after her death before my brother and I buried (dafon) her.

When she goes to Bangladesh, she eats with her hands, prefers not to use utensils. She is an anthropologist and she embraces Bangladeshi life every time she visits.

3. a. When I was in on my two Iraq tour, every night I would wonder if I would ever come back alive to my wife and my cats.

b. 27 years of struggle with addiction, substance abuse, anger and my inner demon, almost every day.

b1. Thoughts about our Lord. By begging for His forgiveness, mercy, guidance and knowing that I/we have been bestowed with His endless love.
b2. Also my dearest beloved wife and my beloved cats.
b3. And unconditional love from most beautiful souls like yourself, Roman. I thank you dearly.
Old March 1, 2018, 01:05 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin
Post The Iron Ring

This is indeed a nice thread where I get to know some of you. Although I don't read all the posts or ask the questions, I enjoy skimming through often.

BK is the only official forum buddy I got. Thanks for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
1. a. Never! And absolutely never will - NOT because of design flaw.
My buildings stand in California, Oregon, Tel Aviv and Milan, all earthquake zones.
High magnitude may cause the structure to fail, but NOT because of me. Every aspect of the buildings are designed and built by local, state, provincial, federal (IBC - International Building Code) code to the 'T'.

BTW, Dinraat, I am the architect, I design space, control aesthetics, poetry of moving and simultaneously still/frozen moments and ultimately bring ecstasy filled fantasy to reality. I give cloud 9 a physical concrete (literally and non) and tangible definition.
Dinraat, you know that I as the architect, do not design, calculate or take any responsibility for the steel framing, slab design, load calculation, lateral forces, wind load or any other structural element. The structural engineer does that and carries that responsibility.HE or she stamps the structural drawings. I am responsible for Aesthetic and poetry - along with human life safety issues in terms of accessibility, handicap, American Disability Act 1974, Fire code etc. The architect coordinates and controls the structural, mechanical (HVAC), plumbing, electrical, sprinkler, civil (exterior infrastructure) per the architectural design. If the building fails or as you mentioned 'falls' it is more than likely due to the structural design fault, miscalculation and incompetence of the structural engineer. And if the structural engineer did make a mistake, when his or her drawings are going through the local jurisdiction/control check - department of building and safety, they should have caught it, before approving the design and issuing a construction permit to the general contractor.
As an engineer, I can relate to your point here. It always comes back to the engineer who stamped/approved the design when something fails/falls. And it's a huge responsibility that one can't afford to take lightly at all. I didn't realize it until I started approving myself. A patient's life often depends on the surgeon in the OT and that doesn't happen everyday either. On the contrary, the lives of hundreds or even thousands can perish on a simple engineering fault. But we take it granted.

This begs to share with all of you re: The Ritual of the Calling of an Engineer by attending a closed ceremony often called "The Iron Ring Ceremony" in Canada.

Iron Ring Ceremony:

The Iron Ring is a ring worn by Canadian-trained engineers, as a symbol and reminder of the obligations and ethics associated with their profession. It's commonly believed that the collapse of the first Quebec bridge killing 76 workers in 1907 and then the subsequent collapse of the second one in 1916 with a fatality of 16 influenced the 7 former presidents of the Engineering Institute of Canada come together in 1922 and initiate this ritual. Since 1925, this ceremonies are held by the corp of the Seven Wardens Inc. and attended by most engineering grads through their universities.

The ceremony begins by some hammer blows on an anvil. It's Morse code of the letters S - S - T: Steel, Stone & Time (or Soul, Spirit & Time). A rivet from the collapsed bridge is tied to the hammer. The ritual takes place in 3 sections: the obligation, the charge and lastly the bestowing of the ring.The oath was written by English poet Rudyard Kipling which we recite by holding the mammoth iron chain threaded through the pews with one hand. The chain exists from the bridge disaster time. The ring itself is made of wrought iron or stainless steel, rough in shape and to be worn in pinky's of the working hand all time. The ring is supposed to remind of the morale, ethics and responsibility that comes with the profession. This is not a requirement for graduation or registration for engineers.

I think US also adopted the ritual from Canada in 70's.

I hope I didn't bore you guys with all these. Somehow it relates to the topic, may be, a কাঠগড়া for Engineers.