facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 3, 2013, 07:38 AM
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh

Favorite Player: Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Congrats BDangladesh on the Banglawash 2.0!!!!!
Don't dare to call us minnows anymore at home.
exactly..at home we are not minnows anymore but elsewhere it might be a different story

but Oti Utsahi BD fans will claim we can win the WC now

And hates will say we are still minnows yet regular fans aren't claiming we are not minnows outside BD
Old November 3, 2013, 07:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tendo, Shakib, Gilchrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Excellent job 'Idiot Boys'! I was so mad after watching them conceeding 307 with poor fielding and bowling. Stopped watching game for a nap, and when come back boys were batting 100+ in no time! Then thought may be they can pull this off, and they did in style [with some hiccup of course!

Congrats Shamsu, Nayeem, Nasir, Mullah, Momin and the idiot Mushi.
we bowled poorly but our Fielding wasn't that bad. Look at NZ, they struggled as well. Just that the outfield has some rough patches hence poor bounce.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old November 3, 2013, 07:58 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Congratulations to everyone. EVEN THE 3RD UMPIRE. Excellent chase. The boys have grown up.
+++
Few things I must add.
1) With winning the expectation increases. Beware of that. Any slip up will hit hard.

2) For the team, gaining some ODI ranking points you did. The rest is just holding serve. The real task is to win games @ NZ.

3) For the fans, stay grounded. Soon (After SL takes care of NZ) the wins will not be considered as against top 8 team. Chuckle chuckle!!! So just go about your business as if you just beat a minnow team. That would be the reality.
Old November 3, 2013, 07:58 AM
Test Cricketer

where are all the haters?
congrats to the boys.

sorry NZ fans, good luck in Sri Lanka!
Old November 3, 2013, 08:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
It was a joke. blind slogging at its best. but worked while he was there.
LOL! It was worse than a joke!

I'm only saying it wasn't "too bad" by trying to make myself understand the logic behind making him an opening BATSMAN! Was entertaining to watch nonetheless :P I'm not complaining too much.
Old November 3, 2013, 08:18 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Sakib, Tamim, Nasir

Congrats Bangla tigers for the superb Banglawash ! and congrats to NZ for a spirited series. Bangldesh is neither a minnow nor a superpower in the cricket world. With this winnings we proved that we just cannot be ignored. Bangladesh needs more games. Hope our officials can get more matches (tests and odis) so that BD can continue their uphill journey. We should be thankful that NZ is one the the top teams that played with us more series than others.
Old November 3, 2013, 08:30 AM
Club Cricketer

I opened my account after witnessing the memorable Banglawash 1.0. Happy and proud to witness the 2nd more comprehensive version. Go tigers Go!
Old November 3, 2013, 08:41 AM
Cricket Legend

What a win! That too without Shak and TI (last match)!

We now have a new look team who know how to hold their nerves in crunch matches (at least so in home conditions).
Old November 3, 2013, 08:43 AM
Banned

Congrats !!!!!!
Old November 3, 2013, 08:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Great series win by us. We showed that Banglawash in 2010 was not a fluke. And what makes this even better is the fact that we did it without Shakib the whole series and Tamim for 1 match. It shows how many performers we got nowadays.

Our W/L ratio is now better than NZs since the WC. Ours is .72 while NZs is .7 and WI is .73 while Zimbabwe's is .33. So we're proving that we are distancing ourselves from Zimbabwe in ODIs and belong with the likes of NZ and WI.

A big test awaits us against SL. They'll be a tougher team since they are also a subcontinental side who know our conditions well and have better batsmen and spinners. If we can beat them in the ODI series, then we can prove to be a real force at home.
Old November 3, 2013, 08:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

New Zealand is our new Zimbabwe
Old November 3, 2013, 09:08 AM
ODI Cricketer

Good to see we're beating G8 teams more often than ever before. We need more cricket in coming days.Congrats to Shuvo, Naeem and Nasir.
Old November 3, 2013, 09:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tendo, Shakib, Gilchrist

won 9 of our last 14 matches against G8

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old November 3, 2013, 09:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

What a win! Congrats!!
Old November 3, 2013, 09:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antora
LOL! It was worse than a joke!

I'm only saying it wasn't "too bad" by trying to make myself understand the logic behind making him an opening BATSMAN! Was entertaining to watch nonetheless :P I'm not complaining too much.
not complaining as we got the W but had he not got so many runs then we wouldn't be so understanding to the zia as an opener theory.

incredible win congrats!
Old November 3, 2013, 10:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: A few

Reaction of a kiwi fan:

A proper run chase this time as well. Often an upset relies on an out-of-nowhere blitz or a hilarious batting collapse that's stumbled towards. But that never happened this series, and especially not today. NZ put up a good score and Bangladesh responded with a well-timed run chase that had contributions right down the order. Textbook, easily repeatable stuff.

Just goes to show - it wasn't really an upset at the last 'Banglawash' and it isn't now. Touring Bangladesh with an unsuited side that plays badly means you get smashed, just as for any other country.
http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cric...013-a-149.html
Old November 3, 2013, 10:50 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: 6+4=10 Dulkar

Mark Richardson: Failure is not an option

How much interest this current tour of Bangladesh has been generating is debatable. It's not been one of the more eye-catching, nor, anticipated series our team has been involved in.

It was probably summed up quite nicely when, last Tuesday night, my wife and I switched over the TV to the ODI. My wife's first reaction to seeing the cricket was: "The Black Caps are playing? Oh, nobody would even know this s**t is on."

Fair reaction, I thought. However tonight's game does catch my eye and holds a lot of interest.

Tonight is a must-win occasion. Yeah, I know, it's not a decider, the series is gone and it's not a game for survival because ... well ... the series is gone. It is, however, a game for dignity and credibility.

I am not being disrespectful to Bangladesh here or even the Black Caps because Bangladesh are a reasonable team now and not an easybeat - but a drawn test series and a whitewash in the ODIs is not acceptable and approaches hang-your-head-in-shame time.

I refuse to buy into the ever-growing popular opinion that we should not be getting upset any more by what our cricket team does - because I expect better and, more importantly, if they believe they are as good as they think they are, then they should believe a loss tonight will cause public outcry.

So what we have now is a must-win game with genuine pressure. It's is not a situation in which the Black Caps have performed overly well in the past. Every so often, they have punched above their perceived weight against England or Australia but ultimately lost the crucial games; this time they must play for their respectability against a team they should beat.

With players like Martin Guptill, Jesse Ryder, Daniel Vettori waiting in the wings and Kane Williamson rehabbing, this is the time for the young guys to show they can play under pressure which is a desirable quality for the selectors. More importantly, it's the time for the senior players to do what senior players are meant to do - perform when it matters.

There are no excuses tonight. They cannot blame their build-up because they have enough cricket behind them and they certainly cannot blame conditions because our cricketers play so much cricket on the subcontinent nowadays.

Rustiness as an excuse, as used by captain Brendon McCullum, is not valid either because, if they believe they are as good as they say they are, even a rusty performance should be enough to sneak past the Bangladesh challenge.

Rustiness should not result in a 40 run-hammering as in the last game.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/cricket/ne...ectid=11150660
Old November 3, 2013, 11:27 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: None

Zia as opener was a good placement as he is known as a hard hitter of the ball, Nasir Hossain could not hit most of the balls outside his off stump because of lack of footwork
again our batmen do not know how to play a ball into slip side or leg side which was empty of fielders
the New Zealand bowling was nothing special and there were a lot of short pitch balls which our batsmen should have sent out of the park
Old November 3, 2013, 12:35 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Goboy, #1-Allrounder

I am a complete noob with statsguru so can anyone please find when was the last time that teams have whitewashed top 8 teams in ODIs.
Old November 3, 2013, 12:58 PM

Once an idiot remain always an idiot, Mark Richardson that is.
Old November 3, 2013, 01:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

this was the expected result. against teams like WI, NZ we don't need a strong pace urattack to win on our soil. our spinners are too good for them and our batters are too good for whatever spinners they bring to tour. heck, I think we'll take SL 2-1 in february.
I drop knowledge so heavy it leaves the world unbalanced, exterminating the spiritual force of all that challenge, I'm the lyrical apocalypse that crumbles the granite, replacing you as the dominant species on the planet.
Old November 3, 2013, 01:23 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanim3960
Mark Richardson: Failure is not an option

How much interest this current tour of Bangladesh has been generating is debatable. It's not been one of the more eye-catching, nor, anticipated series our team has been involved in.

It was probably summed up quite nicely when, last Tuesday night, my wife and I switched over the TV to the ODI. My wife's first reaction to seeing the cricket was: "The Black Caps are playing? Oh, nobody would even know this s**t is on."

Fair reaction, I thought. However tonight's game does catch my eye and holds a lot of interest.

Tonight is a must-win occasion. Yeah, I know, it's not a decider, the series is gone and it's not a game for survival because ... well ... the series is gone. It is, however, a game for dignity and credibility.

I am not being disrespectful to Bangladesh here or even the Black Caps because Bangladesh are a reasonable team now and not an easybeat - but a drawn test series and a whitewash in the ODIs is not acceptable and approaches hang-your-head-in-shame time.

I refuse to buy into the ever-growing popular opinion that we should not be getting upset any more by what our cricket team does - because I expect better and, more importantly, if they believe they are as good as they think they are, then they should believe a loss tonight will cause public outcry.

So what we have now is a must-win game with genuine pressure. It's is not a situation in which the Black Caps have performed overly well in the past. Every so often, they have punched above their perceived weight against England or Australia but ultimately lost the crucial games; this time they must play for their respectability against a team they should beat.

With players like Martin Guptill, Jesse Ryder, Daniel Vettori waiting in the wings and Kane Williamson rehabbing, this is the time for the young guys to show they can play under pressure which is a desirable quality for the selectors. More importantly, it's the time for the senior players to do what senior players are meant to do - perform when it matters.

There are no excuses tonight. They cannot blame their build-up because they have enough cricket behind them and they certainly cannot blame conditions because our cricketers play so much cricket on the subcontinent nowadays.

Rustiness as an excuse, as used by captain Brendon McCullum, is not valid either because, if they believe they are as good as they say they are, even a rusty performance should be enough to sneak past the Bangladesh challenge.

Rustiness should not result in a 40 run-hammering as in the last game.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/cricket/ne...ectid=11150660
Haha mr and mrs richardson what ever gave them the satisfaction to flatter them selves that much.. its not that no one will watch this sh*t anyways its more like your country cant handle this sh*t anymore getting whooped by little but growning Bangladesh...
Old November 3, 2013, 04:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nasir / Mominul / Gazi

Congrats!
Old November 3, 2013, 08:40 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antora
Thought opening with Zia was going to be a joke. Wasn't too bad after all :p & we scored 300 without contribution from mushy, & shakib & tamim not playing. We. Are. Amazing!
Not surprising because he is a one-trick pony. However, today it worked! Having said that, I am not sure why he was selected for the XI. If he does not bowl, his value to a team is not that high.
Old November 4, 2013, 12:16 AM
Cricket Legend

We have showed that we are developing players outside the main XI who can come into the team and become match winners and do not need to only rely on Shakib and Tamim any more. Even Nasir did not do that well in the first 2 matches. Players like Naeem and Shuvo has shown that they have the skills and determination to do well. What we need now is to develop more quality fast bowlers.