facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 28, 2014, 12:14 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul
Default Vaughan, "The Bangladesh team are no better now than they were when they started as a Test Nation in 2000.... Actually I reckon they are Worse...."

Former England captain Michael Vaughan tweeted, "The Bangladesh team are no better now than they were when they started as a Test Nation in 2000.... Actually I reckon they are Worse...."

https://mobile.twitter.com/MichaelVa...7564723201?p=v
Old March 28, 2014, 12:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Shak, Enam, Riyad

how about an ODI series at home Vaughan?
Old March 28, 2014, 12:22 PM
ODI Cricketer

harsh Comments
Old March 28, 2014, 12:22 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

who is that? dont feel like googling this guy in a moment like this.
Old March 28, 2014, 12:24 PM
Cricket Legend

We're crap but not that crap
Old March 28, 2014, 12:27 PM
Club Cricketer

Vaughan's English should be good enough for furqaan, based on his jibe at a similar comment from Cricinfo earlier today:

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
I thought thats funny. Some moron from Delhi attempting to type in English. He can't even speak well enough to get a job as tech support, lmao.
Michael doesn't work for tech support either.
Old March 28, 2014, 12:28 PM
Club Cricketer

As much as it hurts me, but what he said is true! We haven't improved at all or the improvement is too little to notice!

I don't know if ICC, in near future, wants to take our Test status away, what logic we would put forward to them not to do that.

We've hit a new low by losing to Afghanistan and HK. At present, we are no threat,absolutely no threat to G8 teams except may be NZ that too sometimes that too at our home!

I don't know how we can stand against the flood of bashing and criticism after the terribly poor show in the T20 WC! We don't have anything to counter their logic.
Performance is the only way to shut their mouth and I have little hope that the players aka losers actually can do that. What a terrible time BD cricket is facing!
May God help us!
Old March 28, 2014, 12:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Its not true, its just over simplication.

1. We impoved a lot comapred to 10 years ago, but not enough to catch up with other leading teams. Last 10 years other teams improved a lot.

2. T20 is new type of game. This format didn't exists 10 years ago. So there is no way to compare with 10 years ago.

3. We are struggling more in T20 than ODI or even TEST.

More over I think:

1. Our current team would beat our old team (10 years ago) 9 out of 10 times.
2. Voughn's old team would have hard time even beating the curent Afganistan team in T20.
Old March 28, 2014, 12:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: will let you know after

Vaughny is at it... it's his full time job on twitter loves the attension. Couple days ago vaughny said something about the sri lankan antheme being so long.

Ignore the looser!
Old March 28, 2014, 12:39 PM
Test Cricketer

I absolutely agree with Vaughan, we need some harsh comments and opinion! most have been to generous! 10 years and we crap our pants! 10 years and at international level even teams like Nederland play better at our conditions! 10 years we still have incompetent people running cricket! there are so many negatives that are exposed every world cup! and guess what? no one gives a damn as they don't focus on the fundamental issue! they will sack the coach and captain and thats it move on! in addition, when we play against teams that are not asian and in our home ground we beat them, everyone will go jumping up and down, thinking everything is fine! trust most overseas team will find it hard to defeat afghanistan in asian conditions! I don't know how bangladesh will change! because we are not born or gifted with world class leaders!
Old March 28, 2014, 12:42 PM
Test Cricketer

Only way to shut these mounts is by playing better and we are not doing it.
So, what you all expect to hear? There's no sugar coating here.
Old March 28, 2014, 12:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

This guy is a moron and has a superiority complex.
Old March 28, 2014, 12:49 PM
Club Cricketer

well...we have completely messed it up in a global tournament...international pressure is on...i don't mind the pressure as long as they don't take away our test status...our board should be put under serious pressure to improve our domestic cricket asap...
Old March 28, 2014, 01:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Unfortunately, when a team is as slumped as Bangladesh is at the moment, it is very expected to be deluged by disparaging comments like this. There is absolutely NOTHING that we as fans can do or say to change their opinions. Only our players can - by actually WINNING on the field.

Too bad they don't give a fat fu*k.
Old March 28, 2014, 01:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

We have had a slump this year but no, we are not that bad.

And Vaughan does it anyways
Old March 28, 2014, 01:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Look, the proper way to silence critics is by playing well and defying their expectations, not by having fans whine any time they hear a disparaging comment. This is reality: until the team starts performing again, comments like this will be quite common.
Old March 28, 2014, 01:25 PM
Cricket Guru

why don't his team come for a series in BD when we had good forms..now our team going through bad patch and he is saying this when we had good time he didn't even appreciate
Old March 28, 2014, 01:36 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Bangladesh in 50 years

And here I thought the young players are the future of Bangladesh. By the time they mature up, there will be new kids in the block, the likes of Hong Kong, Afghanistan, Nepal, and so on. Of course the top 8 nations will still be there, but say in another 10 years when Mushfiq/Shakib will be in their mid 30's, and the likes of Taskin, Taijul, Mominul, Anamul will be in their late 20's, we will still play the same crap. The only difference is, Nepal and all these associates will catch up to us (will probably get test status too) and give us plenty of trouble. That's my not-so-optimistic prediction.
Old March 28, 2014, 02:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

All I know is Vaughan loves tweeting

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old March 28, 2014, 02:39 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: shak,gazi,mush

The truth always hurts... Vaughn is doing no wrong by stating his opinions. Bangladesh team are heading down into the doldrums of International cricket. Hong Kong beat them, Afghanistan beat them... their only wins this year have come from associates... Perhaps Vaughn is doing this to forget how his team was humiliated by Aussies... DON'T bother with ignorant people, they will drag you to their level and beat you with their experience.
One way to prove them wrong is to beat them,, and if you can't beat them, join them.
Old March 28, 2014, 02:45 PM
Test Cricketer

We need to man up and swallow these comments until that day comes.
We fans are no better than the BD players if we get bent out of shape about anything we dislike!
Old March 28, 2014, 03:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Shak, Enam, Riyad

Dear Vaughan,
If you actually criticized our team with a valid, statistically correct statement, I would have supported you. Since you chose not to, allow me to say this,

These kinds of vague, invalid statements shouldn't come from an ex player of a nation that despite playing the sport since the very beginning back in the 1300s, are unable to win a world cup. Dont worry Vaughny, we got another couple hundred years before we should be worried.
Old March 28, 2014, 03:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

I don't see anything wrong with his statement. BD cricket has failed to live up to the expectation so far. Unless we improve rapidly, I don't see any reason why others won't criticize.
Old March 28, 2014, 04:31 PM
Cricket Legend

I am all for accepting the harsh truth however this is nothing but Vaughan being the Twitter troll that he is and commenting on issues far beyond his realm of understanding. I am pretty sure his opinion is based on what he saw today and seriously doubt he is a follower of Bangladesh cricket or even any cricket that does not involve England or Australia. To suggest that this team is worse than the 2000 bunch, regardless of how poorly they're doing at the moment, is downright asinine and makes me question his credibility as a supposed analyst of the game.
Old March 28, 2014, 04:51 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Dear Vaugh,
When BD started playing big boys cricket (I assume you are talking about test status), they didn't play 20 overs game. So what are you saying?