facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old April 21, 2014, 01:09 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 25,262
Default NBA playoffs 2014

Anyone watching any games?

Indiana laying an egg at home against Atlanta. 1st away playoffs win since 2009 for Atlanta? Indiana should comeback and win the series in 6.

Mavs got a close on slip away against Spurs. This will be over quickly.

Clippers got robbed. Although shouldn't have come this close to begin with.

lol, @ Houtson.

I like what Washington did/doing.

Brooklyn won. This old team is getting ready to see off higher seeds.

Thunders and Heats are on cruise control. Both over in 4 or 5 games I think.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old April 21, 2014, 03:13 PM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 4,503

I don't have much interest as the Knicks didn't qualify but try to watch some games if I happen to be at home. Woodson got fired today and I think Phil Jackson might even get rid off Carmelo.

All the matches will be straightforward and Heat, Pacers, Spurs, Thunders should go in easily. I think Clippers vs Golden State AND Brooklyn vs Toronto will be closely fought out.
__________________
Bangladesh
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old April 23, 2014, 08:30 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 25,262

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
I don't have much interest as the Knicks didn't qualify but try to watch some games if I happen to be at home. Woodson got fired today and I think Phil Jackson might even get rid off Carmelo.

All the matches will be straightforward and Heat, Pacers, Spurs, Thunders should go in easily. I think Clippers vs Golden State AND Brooklyn vs Toronto will be closely fought out.
Yup!! Anthony is nothing but trouble. He is a ball hog like Kobe. I don't like players who can't spell ASSIST. This is a team game. There is nothing "I" in it.
Woodson was over his head anyways.

Thunders are in trouble with Memphis. I likes that.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old April 23, 2014, 05:24 PM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,251

It's going to be very competitive this year. No real dominant team and the lower ranked teams are better than people think. Should be some very good games coming up
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old April 23, 2014, 05:30 PM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Yup!! Anthony is nothing but trouble. He is a ball hog like Kobe. I don't like players who can't spell ASSIST. This is a team game. There is nothing "I" in it.
Woodson was over his head anyways.

Thunders are in trouble with Memphis. I likes that.
While I agree that Melo isn't the best passer and I have bias towards him since he's my favorite player, just look at the team he has in NY. Many games I saw he gave good passes and his teammates missed easy shots. No point of comparing him to the likes of Lebron and Durant because these players something special. There aren't too many other better versatile scorers in the game today.

If the Knicks lose Melo, this team could honestly be the worst team in the NBA.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old April 23, 2014, 08:16 PM
Ajfar's Avatar
Ajfar Ajfar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Nirala
Posts: 17,347

^ Knicks aren't going to lose Melo. Melo wants money and Knicks will give him a max contract for sure. If he wants to go somewhere else to win a championship, he's going to have to take a hometown discount. Melo ain't giving no hometown discount to anybody.
__________________
"I was the happiest man in the world, happier than Bill Gates"- Tamim Iqbal
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old April 23, 2014, 10:14 PM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
^ Knicks aren't going to lose Melo. Melo wants money and Knicks will give him a max contract for sure. If he wants to go somewhere else to win a championship, he's going to have to take a hometown discount. Melo ain't giving no hometown discount to anybody.
Ya I agree that's what it comes down to in the end
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old April 24, 2014, 09:40 AM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,251

Lamarcus Aldridge 2nd 40+ game in a row. What a beast. He's Underrated imo
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old April 26, 2014, 02:40 AM
awan247 awan247 is offline
Street Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 24, 2014
Posts: 5

I am not interested to watch these matches.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old April 26, 2014, 08:07 PM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 2,615

anyone heard the clippers owner audio tape with his girl friend? poor old demented guy got set up totally.... but cant deny the underlying racism.... he should not own a basketball team with those attitude. It's insulting.

Let the bidding for clippers start

here is the audio: What a shame.

__________________
Life is too short, have an affair
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old April 26, 2014, 10:02 PM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,251

Ya it is a very sad situation and it goes to show that racism is still very much alive in our society still. Some naive people think it's gone away but it really hasn't and forget about other countries in the world, the US is still divided in many ways.

The NBA should make him sell the team for sure. There should be consequences for these type of actions.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old April 28, 2014, 10:22 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 25,262

Clippers situation. Magic and Donald Sterling has a past history. Now it seems like Magic may become he enw owner of clippers. lol.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old April 28, 2014, 06:52 PM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 2,615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Clippers situation. Magic and Donald Sterling has a past history. Now it seems like Magic may become he enw owner of clippers. lol.
Karim abdul jabbar written a nice article on time magazine, very level head.. said he wouldn't like sterling owning a franchise and that the reaction like this should have been there before.... and that the gf should be jailed for invasion of privacy instead of getting future tv deals....

Magic Johnson wants to be a owner but that doesn't mean he will, it seems like a "good idea" now because he is black and this is making out to be a race game...

It seems sterling can not legally be forced to sell the team but I think he may because Clippers + him as the owner = loss of money. Clippers + a different owner = >1 billion dollar valuation. I don't think magic johnson should own it. I think it needs to be a neutral person who is not involved in this controversy....i think there needs to be bidding war to get the team.... I don't think there should be any preference to the color of the skin on who owns the team....

From stirling pov, he didn't say anything criminal.... his gibberish is not fit for public listening....There are unfortunatley many people who feel that way, and you can not change that over night... there has been progression however, not enough. I don't think he can redeem himself out of this one unless he does something extraordinary that will actually make ppl think he is truly sorry.. blame his family, take all of them out of his inheritence and donate half of the team to the charity.. rest of the his wealth to the charity after his death.....

CHarity should cater toward minority and ending racism...

the end.

But ofcourse he probably doesn't have that big "atta"
__________________
Life is too short, have an affair
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old April 28, 2014, 07:30 PM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 2,615

the above is obviously my over reaction. .... whatever said during heated fight should not be held against you in my opinion...
__________________
Life is too short, have an affair
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old April 28, 2014, 09:44 PM
Ajfar's Avatar
Ajfar Ajfar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Nirala
Posts: 17,347

He'll most likely get suspended tomorrow. I think its in his best interest to sell the team. Sponsor's are already starting to go for the exit door. If he stays the owner I wouldn't be surprised if some of the players lawyer up to figure out a way to get out of the contract to play somewhere else. Maybe not everybody but Blake Griffin and Chris Paul can get big bucks anywhere they want. But than again I'm sure they knew about Sterling when the got those big contracts. It's just that this is the first time something like this came out in recording.

I wonder how much that chick got paid from TMZ. She was so calm through out the entire video. i almost feel sorry for the old moron. Apparently there's a report out that he is the one who told her to record their conversation because he was having some kind of a business conversation and he wanted it on the record. The girl took the opportunity and changed the topic down the line and he walked right into her plan. Dude's so old he probably forgot she's recording the conversation. TMZ is claiming they have hours and hours worth videos where he talked about other people that work for him.
__________________
"I was the happiest man in the world, happier than Bill Gates"- Tamim Iqbal
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old April 30, 2014, 09:01 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 25,262

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Karim abdul jabbar written a nice article on time magazine, very level head.. said he wouldn't like sterling owning a franchise and that the reaction like this should have been there before.... and that the gf should be jailed for invasion of privacy instead of getting future tv deals....
I haven't read what Karim said or where he is coming from. I am not sure if he knows what was going on. I 100% DISAGREE with the bolded statement. It is Donald who asked her to tape their conversations. There are 100s of hours of conversation between them taped. Similar types and others. Because he was old and can't remember things or what he said (promised) to her. She replays those tapes to him so that he can remember. Then she gets what she wants. How this got leaked I do not know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
...I don't think he can redeem himself out of this one unless he does something extraordinary that will actually make ppl think he is truly sorry..
I don't think he wants to redeem himself. Scumbags do not change nor do they think they are wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
...blame his family, take all of them out of his inheritence and donate half of the team to the charity.. rest of the his wealth to the charity after his death.....
Nope. You can not blame someone else for one's mistake. Two wrong doesn't make it right.

I hope he gives away Clippers to his kins. That way NBA Owners don't have to make drastic decisions.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old April 30, 2014, 09:08 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 25,262

Bulls got ousted by the Wizards. Wizards? lol, One of the NBA analyst at ESPN, before the playoffs began, said Bulls could challenge Heat from the East.

With Pacers struggling against Atlanta, who can close out at home.... Kevin Garnett and Co. are licking their chops.

If Memphis knocks the Thunders out that would like wow!!!! I am rooting for Dallas.

This year's 1st round the playoffs are wilder than ever before. 25+ years if I can remember that back.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old May 1, 2014, 10:15 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 25,262

I have seen blatant siding by the refs. Never seen anything like yesterday's Spurs-Mavs game. Mavs putting a shadow on Spurs player, it would be a foul. Spurs getting away with murder on the other end. Pity!!!
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old May 1, 2014, 10:32 AM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Bulls got ousted by the Wizards. Wizards? lol, One of the NBA analyst at ESPN, before the playoffs began, said Bulls could challenge Heat from the East.

With Pacers struggling against Atlanta, who can close out at home.... Kevin Garnett and Co. are licking their chops.

If Memphis knocks the Thunders out that would like wow!!!! I am rooting for Dallas.

This year's 1st round the playoffs are wilder than ever before. 25+ years if I can remember that back.
No dominant team in this years NBA has helped the competitiveness. Many we're saying it would not be competitive this year but besides the Bobcats and the Bulls, others have proved they can beat anyone at any given point.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old May 1, 2014, 11:02 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 25,262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
No dominant team in this years NBA has helped the competitiveness. Many we're saying it would not be competitive this year but besides the Bobcats and the Bulls, others have proved they can beat anyone at any given point.
But as every year, there was a clear distinction on # of wins the top team and 7/8 teams had. Memphis pushing Thunder or Spurs-Dallas series shouldn't be close in paper. Wizard winning without playoffs experience, Portland taking advantage of Houston are surprizes.

If you see history, Most years, top teams takes out 7/8 teams 4-0 or 4-1. This is the year in the first round we only have one team (Miami) dominated their opponents. Wizzards would have a tougher task had Rose was healthy and may be wouldn't get past Chicago.

Frist round Stats from previous years:

2013 (45 games) - 2 series (4-0), 5 series (4-2), 1 series (4-3) - 3 lower seeds won, 5, 5 and 6.
2012 (44 games) - 2 series (4-0), 2 sereis (4-1), 2 series (4-2), 2 series (4-3) - 2 lower seeds won, 5 and 8.
2011 (43 games) - 1 series (4-0), 3 series (4-1), 4 series (4-2) - 2 lower seeds won, 5 and 8.
2010 (45 games) - 1 series (4-0), 2 sereis (4-1), 4 series (4-2), 1 series (4-3) - 2 lower seeds won, 5 and 7.

2014 (49 games projecting) - most likely 3 series will go to 4-3 and 4 lower seeds may win this year.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old May 1, 2014, 02:11 PM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
But as every year, there was a clear distinction on # of wins the top team and 7/8 teams had. Memphis pushing Thunder or Spurs-Dallas series shouldn't be close in paper. Wizard winning without playoffs experience, Portland taking advantage of Houston are surprizes.

If you see history, Most years, top teams takes out 7/8 teams 4-0 or 4-1. This is the year in the first round we only have one team (Miami) dominated their opponents. Wizzards would have a tougher task had Rose was healthy and may be wouldn't get past Chicago.

Frist round Stats from previous years:

2013 (45 games) - 2 series (4-0), 5 series (4-2), 1 series (4-3) - 3 lower seeds won, 5, 5 and 6.
2012 (44 games) - 2 series (4-0), 2 sereis (4-1), 2 series (4-2), 2 series (4-3) - 2 lower seeds won, 5 and 8.
2011 (43 games) - 1 series (4-0), 3 series (4-1), 4 series (4-2) - 2 lower seeds won, 5 and 8.
2010 (45 games) - 1 series (4-0), 2 sereis (4-1), 4 series (4-2), 1 series (4-3) - 2 lower seeds won, 5 and 7.

2014 (49 games projecting) - most likely 3 series will go to 4-3 and 4 lower seeds may win this year.
Agree that usually the top teams show their dominance over the weaker teams. NBA needed a competitive playoffs like this. Some we're saying there aren't enough good teams in the NBA but these playoffs are proof that there are plenty of good teams which is great for the league and for the fans as well
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old May 1, 2014, 06:20 PM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 2,615

Quote:
. I 100% DISAGREE with the bolded statement. It is Donald who asked her to tape their conversations. There are 100s of hours of conversation between them taped. Similar types and others. Because he was old and can't remember things or what he said (promised) to her. She replays those tapes to him so that he can remember. Then she gets what she wants. How this got leaked I do not know.
My posts were mostly hours after the leak when most info weren't there. Sure if that is the case that recording was with his knowledge then ok... but it was leaked which shouldn't have.... we shouldve never been exposed to this PRIVATE convo eventhough it maybe taped, there was no agreement between the two that at any point their convo can be made public. that was the point...

Too bad for him he picked the wrong sport to say bad things about the wrong people. Put in another way, if he said something about refusing Muslims to enter his games, no body would care... Many people would probably support it saying, it would make the game feel safer :p

But listen I understand, given history of slavery and his thought process, it is simply just not racism anymore, it just doesn't feel right for him to own a team consisting of mostly black players... Even I am deeply offended even though I have a pretty thick skin...
__________________
Life is too short, have an affair
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old May 1, 2014, 09:50 PM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 2,615

btw i have become a clippers fan now..... after knicks couldnt make it.... amd this controversy made me follow clippers more closely....cant bring myself to support nets too much for some reason...

so here is to clippers..... for nba title... :p

game on now.....
__________________
Life is too short, have an affair
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old May 5, 2014, 01:39 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 25,262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Agree that usually the top teams show their dominance over the weaker teams. NBA needed a competitive playoffs like this. Some we're saying there aren't enough good teams in the NBA but these playoffs are proof that there are plenty of good teams which is great for the league and for the fans as well
Some teams are bad. Really bad. The playoff teams with the exception of Bobcats are very decent.
+++
2013 (45 games) - 2 series (4-0), 5 series (4-2), 1 series (4-3) - 3 lower seeds won, 5, 5 and 6.
2012 (44 games) - 2 series (4-0), 2 sereis (4-1), 2 series (4-2), 2 series (4-3) - 2 lower seeds won, 5 and 8.
2011 (43 games) - 1 series (4-0), 3 series (4-1), 4 series (4-2) - 2 lower seeds won, 5 and 8.
2010 (45 games) - 1 series (4-0), 2 series (4-1), 4 series (4-2), 1 series (4-3) - 2 lower seeds won, 5 and 7.

2014 (50 games) - 1 series (4-0), 1 series (4-1), 1 series (4-2), 5 series (4-3) - 3 lower seeds won, 5, 5 and 6.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old May 6, 2014, 12:36 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 25,262

How funny. Clippers take 1st game and home advantage against Thunders. So did Wizards. I don't think Indiana can survive if they play like this. Roy Hebert 17 minutes of play 0 point, 0 rebound, 2 blocks and 5 fouls. Wow!! He was suppose to be the best center in NBA?
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket