facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old July 11, 2014, 05:59 PM
Dilscoop Dilscoop is offline
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC
 
Join Date: March 22, 2010
Posts: 13,532

SURE! All that stuff about going home might be true, probably is. But that wasn't the sole factor. He jumped ship again because Cavs got a young team. Heat's getting old, IS old with no young talent. Charmer? Cole!? Cavs now have 4 1st overall picks. And they might get KLove and Ray Allen. This team will be loaded!

Such a evil-genius this dude is. He wanted no part of team building/transition. He's just looking for good situations. Heat already had a good set up, played there while Cavs built. Now he's back.

Not hating, I like LeBron, the mature one. But just stating facts.
Reply With Quote

  #52  
Old July 14, 2014, 12:10 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 30,165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
SURE! All that stuff about going home might be true, probably is. But that wasn't the sole factor. He jumped ship again because Cavs got a young team. Heat's getting old, IS old with no young talent. Charmer? Cole!? Cavs now have 4 1st overall picks. And they might get KLove and Ray Allen. This team will be loaded!

Such a evil-genius this dude is. He wanted no part of team building/transition. He's just looking for good situations. Heat already had a good set up, played there while Cavs built. Now he's back.

Not hating, I like LeBron, the mature one. But just stating facts.
Your words in an article form. lol. LeBron James Didn't Mention A Major Factor In His Decision To Return To Cleveland

I am still not sold. Chicago just signed Gasol. They may not even win their division now. Had Bosh (not a quiter) jumped the ship to Houston, I am not sure if he would win another.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old July 14, 2014, 12:12 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 30,165

Look at the Cavs pre-decision 1 roster. Look at the Cavs post decision 2 roster. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to move or not.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old July 14, 2014, 12:15 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 30,165

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
Wow! what a move by Lebron. The message he shared today is really deep and classy. Mad respect! Hated him for the Decision, now I'm a big fan.
You are not serious, are you? The hopper hops with seeing a greener pasture on the otherside AGAIN. Well done King James. You may have kept your 6 rings hopes alive but you will never reach 30 average.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old July 15, 2014, 06:57 AM
zman's Avatar
zman zman is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 20, 2005
Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla
Posts: 3,287

I kind of get his story this time. He tried heart and soul in Cleveland for 7 long years but didn't have a good enough supporting cast or coach for that matter. He tried to recruit other stars to Cleveland but nobody wanted to go there. So he jumped ship and formed his super team. Now that he's got his rings, he wants to go back home and win there. He wants to bring a title back to Cleveland after 99 years (in all four major sports combined) and become the savior. Granted he'll have a much better supporting cast this time, it'll take some time to groom the highly talented youngsters (Wiggins, Bennett, et.al.) to get them championship ready and develop chemistry under the new coach. Also he could've signed a more lucrative deal and stayed in Miami or gone to a West coast team (i.e., Phoenix, Houston) where he would've been closer to a title right now. The guy wants to win. He always gives 110% effort and never takes a play off. So even though you can see what a genius political/PR move it was, it's hard to hate him for it.
__________________
Few things inspire us to soar quite like being really f***ed if we don't
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old July 15, 2014, 10:06 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 30,165

^ the Story is fine. Coming back home and all that. But as Dillu said already.... we all knew the core of Erving, Wiggins, and Bennet/Love is far more appealing than with Anthony in Phoenix, or "getting worse" Wade plus some role players. Had he signed with Miami, Bosh would have gone to Houston (88 Million - 4 years).

I like the guy as a player. I think we have not seen a linebacker move so fast. It is like Charles Oakley (Banger) with a sweet touch like Allan Houston and ball handling skills of Starks/Brooks/Charlie Ward - all in one.

He is more like a Magic than his Airness. Thus he can't be the greatest. You must have the demeanor, the ruthless assasine to be the best. LeBron is too-goody-shoes like Magic. Doesn't want to offend anyone.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old July 15, 2014, 10:09 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 30,165

Did anyone see Wiggins dunk in the recent summer league play? I don't want to be a spoiler. That is some incredible skills.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old July 15, 2014, 10:12 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 30,165



And then the one I was talking about is -

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5584392.html

Amazing. 360 behind the back. lol. People can do behind the back. but with a 360?
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old July 15, 2014, 01:59 PM
zman's Avatar
zman zman is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 20, 2005
Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla
Posts: 3,287

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
^ the Story is fine. Coming back home and all that. But as Dillu said already.... we all knew the core of Erving, Wiggins, and Bennet/Love is far more appealing than with Anthony in Phoenix, or "getting worse" Wade plus some role players. Had he signed with Miami, Bosh would have gone to Houston (88 Million - 4 years).
Phoenix Suns actually have a very good team. Under the tutelage of almost_COY_winner Jeff Hornacek they came very close to making the playoffs. They have a talented young roster and deep bench. Now that they've played a season together and developed tremendous team chemistry, as constructed, they're bound to make the playoffs as a lower seed next year. They also had enough cap space to sign one max salary player outright which would've catapulted them into the top half of the western conference.

As for Miami, with the big three opting out, if Bosh would've left, Carmelo would've signed and they'd still have enough cap space left to pay Wade and couple other good players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
He is more like a Magic than his Airness. Thus he can't be the greatest. You must have the demeanor, the ruthless assasine to be the best. LeBron is too-goody-shoes like Magic. Doesn't want to offend anyone.
I agree on this part...he's more like Magic but a much better scorer than him. Like Magic he makes his team mates a lot better. Physically he is more gifted than MJ/Kobe and he has a better all round game than them. That said the way Kobe/MJ played you'd think they never believed they could lose. Lebron on the other hand shifts his game to a slightly lower gear when it becomes apparent that his team will lose.
__________________
Few things inspire us to soar quite like being really f***ed if we don't
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old July 15, 2014, 03:17 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 30,165

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
Phoenix Suns actually have a very good team. Under the tutelage of almost_COY_winner Jeff Hornacek they came very close to making the playoffs. They have a talented young roster and deep bench. Now that they've played a season together and developed tremendous team chemistry, as constructed, they're bound to make the playoffs as a lower seed next year. They also had enough cap space to sign one max salary player outright which would've catapulted them into the top half of the western conference.
Phoenix is not attractive. It is Hot. very Hot. Been there few times. 100+ in April - geessss!!! Difficult to raise family for the celebrities. No hollywood, no vegas, lime light. That is why Anthony moved from Denver.

Others would give max contract to the elite anyways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
I agree on this part...he's more like Magic but a much better scorer than him. Like Magic he makes his team mates a lot better. Physically he is more gifted than MJ/Kobe and he has a better all round game than them. That said the way Kobe/MJ played you'd think they never believed they could lose. Lebron on the other hand shifts his game to a slightly lower gear when it becomes apparent that his team will lose.
1) Lets just leave Kobe alone. Kobe is a punk to me. I think LeBron is better than him game wise.

2) A better scorer than Magic? Nope. I have seen him play. Showtime was one of the great shooters during his time. He just didn't take the shots. He made it happen. He played the point. Guards don't have that kind of shooting %.

Career stats:
Magic - FG% - 52%. FT - 84.8%
LeBron - FG% - 49.7%. FT - 74.7%.

Magic - Reb - 7.2%. Assists - 11.22%
LeBron - Reb - 7.2%. Assists - 6.87%

As for MJ, Down 13, on the road forth quarter with a minute something left against a bottom team (I am tempted to say philly), MJ on the bench. He shakes his head and tells his benchmate "I can't let this happen". Gets up and Doug Collins, I think his coach that time asks him to put him back, he scores 14, gets rebounds, 2 steals during the last minute. Noone else scores a single point from any team. Bulls win!!! That is MJ's folklore.

MJ driving and dunking on Jeff Hornecek (yup - the current Phoenix coach). Now Nornecek is innocent looking, no trash talking white guy. While going back a front seat fan screams at MJ "Pick someone of your own size" the camera mic picks that up. MJ turns back notices who said that. Husstles back stole the ball from either Hornecek or Stockton, back to basket flying and Greg Ostertag (Utah center) was trying to block the shot. Postering with his tongue out. After the dunk went back back paddling and close to the fan and said loudly "will that do?"

MJ would never backed down from any confrontation. Not against the bad boys Pistons not against the wide body Knicks. Never handed someone a gimme either. Chicago highschool boys competed and a boy name Finley (9th grader) won it to play one on one against MJ. This would be videoed and telecasted to selected region. The Kid is 6'2-3 ish. MJ is 6'5" himself. They T off. MJ embarrasses the Kid. Fakes, dunks, fade aways his entire repotoire. All moves. Defends as if he was defending Clyde Drexler. Wins bigs, walks off. Everyone was like WTH? He was just a high school kid. Why not let him make some shots? So press conference he answers, the Kid wanted to taste NBA. I gave him just that. He knows what and how much he has to work on to get to the NBA. Few years fast forward, Michael Finley (6'6" then)became an All-Star (west - Dallas) and guarded MJ (east). Few things were said between them. MJ gets the All-Star MVP.

No one can touch the folklore of MJ. You must have read Larry Bird's comment on MJ After michael scored 63 (I watched teams not be able to score 63) a record in Boston Garden: "I didn't think anyone was capable of doing what Michael has done to us," marveled Celtics ace Larry Bird. "He is the most exciting, awesome player in the game today. I think it's just God disguised as Michael Jordan." (something inhuman) In that game everyone took turns or came at him together to guard MJ. Noone could stop him.
"Michael was doing so much and so well, I found myself just wanting to stop and watch him -- and I was playing," said teammate John Paxson.

or Magic or Barkley saying about MJ. Here is John Sally (center). One of the bad boys of the Pistons. So MJ drives baseline and jumps, Sally guarding the rim jumps to block, mid-air MJ moves sideways away from Sally. extends his hand, tongue out dunks it. After the game, Sally is asked about the play. He says - you guys saw it. He shifted in the air without any support or anything touching him. We Mortals
can't defend that.

Only way LeBron can get near to MJ is win few scoring titles. I don't think that is possible with Durant playing at his level. MJ has 10 scoring titles. Seven in a row before he retired for baseball.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old July 15, 2014, 06:06 PM
zman's Avatar
zman zman is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 20, 2005
Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla
Posts: 3,287

Tigers_eye bhai...I agree with your MJ argument. Regarding Kobe vs. Lebron, while Lebron has the better game Kobe clearly has the sharper killer instinct.

Now regarding Magic vs Lebron, Magic is one of the greatest ballers of all time no doubt, and possibly the best ball handler ever, but it's still too early to tell who's superior between Magic and Lebron.

Lebron's stats read 27.5 ppg, 6.9 apg, 7.2 rpg
While Magic's read 19.5 ppg, 11.2 apg, 7.2 rpg

You can see Magic had 4 apg more while Lebron scores 8 ppg more. Regarding the field goal percentage differential, I don't think Magic's 52% is far superior to Lebron's 50%. Here's why-

Magic shot over 50% from the field in his first 8 seasons. In his last 5 he did that only once. Lebron on the other hand shot below 50% in his first 6 seasons. He's been shooting way over 50% in the last 5 (56.7% in 2013, 56.5% in 2012). Lebron also shoots the 3 ball (34%) much better than Magic (30%). So statistics show as a shooter Lebron has improved quite a bit since his first few years and in the last few years he has been shooting better than even the great Magic. Magic on the other hand was a better shooter early on but later in his career when he focused more on being a distributor his shooting percentages dipped.

If Lebron keeps going at this pace for 2-3 more years, ends up having a 17-18 year career and winning 2/3 more championships, it'll be a close call on who is greater. I personally feel when it's all said and done Lebron will be considered the better scorer while Magic being the better distributor of the ball.
__________________
Few things inspire us to soar quite like being really f***ed if we don't
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old July 15, 2014, 07:15 PM
zman's Avatar
zman zman is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 20, 2005
Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla
Posts: 3,287

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Good political move...... i still wish NYK had him
At least we got Melo this time. I have faith in Phil. He's surrounding himself with the right people, people who actually believe in his philosophy. The trade he pulled on draft day to get Calderon and Dalembert, 2 second round picks out of nowhere is creditworthy. In the process he got rid of Tyson who stopped performing a season ago and yet became a disruptive force in the locker room, and Raymond Felton who is a gone case.

He's still got a lot of work to do but these are steps in the right direction. Once he gets rid of Amare, Bargnani and couple other contracts, Knicks can hopefully get another big superstar next summer or the one after. In the meanwhile Amare and Bargnani will be much better this year if they can stay healthy. Even though Fisher will be the coach, Phil will be there to guide him. And we all know when it comes to coaching it doesn't get any better than Phil.
__________________
Few things inspire us to soar quite like being really f***ed if we don't
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old July 15, 2014, 11:27 PM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 4,629

tigers eye good post on mj. i think ppl that debate mj vs lebron are usually young who probably were toddlers in mj era...

i think its somewhat similar to maradona, messi type of debate.... just watching few clips on youtube will never give one the grasp of the magnitude of how big some of these players were.....

MJ is arguably the best athlete in the world to have ever lived..... i think u have to live in that era to grasp how big he was....

every single kid wanted to be just like mike... everyone loved him.... nike created the most profitable brand even to this date around him.... ppl knew of mike where they dont know of basketball..

it is not ur skills only, it is the whole persona that create these greates..

speaking of mj's competitiveness, i dont know how true it is but i remember discussing this with a friend of mine when i was a kid...mj did an ad with mia hamm then soccer star of women world champion ..on gatorade ...they play various sports against each other while the song "anything you can do i can do better" is playing .. MJ apparently complained later that he didnt like the ad because the video showed Mia beating him in karate... lol.. i dont think it was true...there was no google to ck it out back then..
__________________
Life is too short, have an affair
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old July 16, 2014, 10:19 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 30,165

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
....
speaking of mj's competitiveness, i dont know how true it is but i remember discussing this with a friend of mine when i was a kid...mj did an ad with mia hamm then soccer star of women world champion ..on gatorade ...they play various sports against each other while the song "anything you can do i can do better" is playing .. MJ apparently complained later that he didnt like the ad because the video showed Mia beating him in karate... lol.. i dont think it was true...there was no google to ck it out back then..
His competitiveness was out of this world. He wouldn't take a loss no matter what. That bold part is true. He didn't like the ad. I am not sure about Karate. I don't think Mia practiced martial art or Karate. Pound for pound Mia wasn't a push over though. The only time he was intimated and was out of his league was with another MJ. Michael Jackson.

MJ's ads were classic. Gataroid, Nike, Hanes. "Want to be like Mike." Mike and Larry, Mike vs Mike (younger MJ). Then Mike vs Mike vs UNC Mike. Classic ads.

All these athletes (competitve sports - Americans) have huge ego. HUGE. Even playing golf he would incur so much debt by betting against his fellow players. He was good but not PGA good. Or Poker. Never wanted to lose. To him it was chump change but still it became envious to others.

I don't think MJ is the best athlete I have ever seen or even the best basketball player ever. But I have not seen any one with that kind drive to win. The desire of winning was unreal.
+++
MJ's only obsticle was Houston Rockets. He has a losing record against them career wise. For some reason he could not win against Hakim and Co. Those two years that he left for Baseball The Dream won 2 rings. That would have been a tremendous series had he not retired and Bulls making it to finals.

And just for the kicks.

__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old July 16, 2014, 10:25 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 30,165

And this was before LeBron went to Miami


So he joined forces with Wade and Bosh.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old July 22, 2014, 03:10 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 30,165

How long this Kevin Love fiaso will continue? Sign with Bulls and be done with it.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old August 5, 2014, 12:01 AM
zman's Avatar
zman zman is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 20, 2005
Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla
Posts: 3,287

Poor Indiana...after getting beaten by the Heat few years in row I bet the Pacers were breathing a sigh of relief when Lebron decided to leave Miami. It appeared they're just one good off season move away from being top contenders in the East. Then what happens? First they lose their second best player Stephenson to Charlotte, and now their best player Paul George to season ending ankle injury...Ouch!
__________________
Few things inspire us to soar quite like being really f***ed if we don't
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old August 5, 2014, 08:49 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 30,165

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
Poor Indiana...after getting beaten by the Heat few years in row I bet the Pacers were breathing a sigh of relief when Lebron decided to leave Miami. It appeared they're just one good off season move away from being top contenders in the East. Then what happens? First they lose their second best player Stephenson to Charlotte, and now their best player Paul George to season ending ankle injury...Ouch!
And the Cavs are loading up. Love deal is certain. The Starting lineup could be East's all star.

All that and the Bulls wins the division, .
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old August 13, 2014, 12:39 PM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,793

Like you guys, I also get tired of the comparisons with MJ. First it was with Kobe (which was worse IMO) now it's Lebron. MJ is just on another level of greatness. That's not saying Kobe and Lebron aren't great because they are too but they're not Jordan. It's an insult to MJ.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old August 13, 2014, 12:45 PM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,793

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
At least we got Melo this time. I have faith in Phil. He's surrounding himself with the right people, people who actually believe in his philosophy. The trade he pulled on draft day to get Calderon and Dalembert, 2 second round picks out of nowhere is creditworthy. In the process he got rid of Tyson who stopped performing a season ago and yet became a disruptive force in the locker room, and Raymond Felton who is a gone case.

He's still got a lot of work to do but these are steps in the right direction. Once he gets rid of Amare, Bargnani and couple other contracts, Knicks can hopefully get another big superstar next summer or the one after. In the meanwhile Amare and Bargnani will be much better this year if they can stay healthy. Even though Fisher will be the coach, Phil will be there to guide him. And we all know when it comes to coaching it doesn't get any better than Phil.
My friends and I were so relieved once Melo made the decision to stay in NY. I thought it was the right one for him. The Lakers are in an even worse shape and Chicago is overrated IMO with a very iffy Rose leading the team and we saw how badly they got exposed last year against the Wizards.

Like you, I have confidence that Phil will turn it around for NY. I've really liked the moves he's made and this team will slowly get stronger. They might not be a title contender next year but possibly the year after that if they can land some big free agents.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old August 19, 2014, 09:17 PM
zman's Avatar
zman zman is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 20, 2005
Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla
Posts: 3,287

Lakers have mortgaged their future just to appease Kobe. I've been a Kobe fan all along - i know he's cocky and selfish at times but somehow he's made it work for him and he's a proven winner big time. But his latest contract with the Lakers is baffling - I thought he'd play for 10 mil a year and allow the Lakers to add two more superstars and contend. Instead he'll be playing for a team that will be stuck in the middle tier, missing the playoffs and not even getting high lottery picks. So the Lakers are pretty much doomed for the next 4/5 years.

Bulls are intriguing to me. They've proven they can make the playoffs without Rose. According to most reports Rose is almost back to his all star form. I've seen quite a few moves by him while playing for team USA on Sportscenter and he looked good. Bulls are one of the two best defensive teams in the league but I thought adding Gasol was really big. Even at his age, Gasol can flat out ball. He's one of the best big man passers in the game and I can see most teams having trouble stopping their big guys from scoring.
__________________
Few things inspire us to soar quite like being really f***ed if we don't
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old August 19, 2014, 09:29 PM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,793

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
Lakers have mortgaged their future just to appease Kobe. I've been a Kobe fan all along - i know he's cocky and selfish at times but somehow he's made it work for him and he's a proven winner big time. But his latest contract with the Lakers is baffling - I thought he'd play for 10 mil a year and allow the Lakers to add two more superstars and contend. Instead he'll be playing for a team that will be stuck in the middle tier, missing the playoffs and not even getting high lottery picks. So the Lakers are pretty much doomed for the next 4/5 years.

Bulls are intriguing to me. They've proven they can make the playoffs without Rose. According to most reports Rose is almost back to his all star form. I've seen quite a few moves by him while playing for team USA on Sportscenter and he looked good. Bulls are one of the two best defensive teams in the league but I thought adding Gasol was really big. Even at his age, Gasol can flat out ball. He's one of the best big man passers in the game and I can see most teams having trouble stopping their big guys from scoring.
That was always my knock on Kobe. He's a great player for sure but he's always been selfish and if he hadn't been, he could've won more championships.

Regarding the Bulls, I still have to see whether Rose can sustain this success with that bum knee. Right now he looks good but we'll see how he does in a full 82 game season. If he gets injured again then they might still remain a solid team but not really a contender. The additions of Gasol and McDermott obviously help but question is will it be enough? With Rose, yes they can be a contender but that's a big if imo
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old February 1, 2015, 10:47 PM
zman's Avatar
zman zman is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 20, 2005
Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla
Posts: 3,287

Now that SB's over, where's all the B-ball fans? Race for the playoffs is starting to heat up already.
*What possessed the Hawks this season! They're just playing incredible basketball!
*How bout Golden State! I have yet to watch a game but can't wait to watch the splash brothers working the back court in tandem!
*Cavaliers had a topsy turvy start to the season but seem to be getting back on track
*Something is not right with the Bulls. They're the last team you'd expect to have chemistry issues but that's what's happening!
*The West is just too good and too deep, once again!
*Who thought the Spurs and OKC would be struggling just to make the playoffs!
__________________
Few things inspire us to soar quite like being really f***ed if we don't
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old February 6, 2015, 10:00 PM
Dilscoop Dilscoop is offline
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC
 
Join Date: March 22, 2010
Posts: 13,532

^ two overrated, overhyped teams went at it tonight. Once again, being the more overhyped of the two GS came short. GS lost all their big match ups. They don't have any home games left this month, toughest part of their schedule coming up. Let's see how they do.

Jump shooting teams don't go very deep in general. As soon as Curry has an off quarter Warriors look completely crap. At least they upped their defense.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old February 6, 2015, 11:45 PM
zman's Avatar
zman zman is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 20, 2005
Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla
Posts: 3,287

Way I see it Cavs and the Bulls - once they get their $hit together - are the two best teams in the East, and Memphis and San Antonio in the West. I don't think too many folks view the Hawks as contenders, they just get a lot of credit for playing unselfish team ball and winning game after game despite lacking a marquee superstar. They're the Cinderella of the East.

I haven't yet seen GS in action but I've been surprised to learn they're playing very good D. People seem to think if Bogut can stay healthy they'll contend otherwise they'll fall like a pack of cards in the playoffs.
__________________
Few things inspire us to soar quite like being really f***ed if we don't
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket