facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old May 12, 2014, 07:43 PM
NoName's Avatar
NoName NoName is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: April 9, 2011
Location: Sauga
Posts: 8,435

Quote:
Originally Posted by naim519
Put this Taijul guy against India tour of BD
The Indians will chew him and spit it out.
__________________
"How the little piglets would grunt if they knew how the old boar suffered."
Reply With Quote

  #27  
Old May 13, 2014, 01:03 AM
Sohel's Avatar
Sohel Sohel is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: April 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Posts: 35,464

All the hype surrounding this kid from those who haven't actually seen him play these so called "FC" matches is typical of the EA Cricketification of reality by some fans and journos alike. Idiotic statistical geekfesting without context as usual. Sad, really. Can't blame the fans, especially in the NRB community, but there's absolutely no excuse for our so called journos for not providing any context surrounding the stats. Because they rarely attend these matches and whenever they do, they rarely focus on the game and don't stay too long, there is no context. A real match-report isn't just a narrative of the statistics, but also just how those runs were scored, and how those balls were bowled. Not to mention highlight shots and wickets and interesting anecdotes. That would be hard work. That would be real cricket journalism worthy of real respect. Not putting together a well-written piece for adoring "fans" who don't know the difference, or don't care.

Taijul is nothing special from what I've seen. Can't rip or turn the ball at all. He can be rattled easily into bowling consecutive boundary balls by even some of the laziest guys to hold the bat in our farcical league. Didn't see anything even remotely resembling a quality arm ball or clever variations in light of the match situation. He relies of bad shots to get his wickets and gets plenty of both. He also bowls loose deliveries regularly as is his right as a Bangladeshi SLA in the tradition of Nostrilamous Rex and other lazy, underachieving, and emotionally fragile Hudmahs incapable of being professionals. His relative success in our appalling "FC" should make us ask the question why supposedly better SLAs are not doing as well, NOT why he hasn't been selected for International cricket where he'll face real opposition under intense pressure.

That said, I wish him all the best if he makes it to the National Team and would love to see him improve and prove me wrong. Just don't be disappointed to be disappointed again. Context matters and big numbers from our atrocious "FC" not that much.
__________________
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; May 13, 2014 at 02:45 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old May 13, 2014, 09:04 PM
cricketboy's Avatar
cricketboy cricketboy is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2005
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,994

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
All the hype surrounding this kid from those who haven't actually seen him play these so called "FC" matches is typical of the EA Cricketification of reality by some fans and journos alike. Idiotic statistical geekfesting without context as usual. Sad, really. Can't blame the fans, especially in the NRB community, but there's absolutely no excuse for our so called journos for not providing any context surrounding the stats. Because they rarely attend these matches and whenever they do, they rarely focus on the game and don't stay too long, there is no context. A real match-report isn't just a narrative of the statistics, but also just how those runs were scored, and how those balls were bowled. Not to mention highlight shots and wickets and interesting anecdotes. That would be hard work. That would be real cricket journalism worthy of real respect. Not putting together a well-written piece for adoring "fans" who don't know the difference, or don't care.

Taijul is nothing special from what I've seen. Can't rip or turn the ball at all. He can be rattled easily into bowling consecutive boundary balls by even some of the laziest guys to hold the bat in our farcical league. Didn't see anything even remotely resembling a quality arm ball or clever variations in light of the match situation. He relies of bad shots to get his wickets and gets plenty of both. He also bowls loose deliveries regularly as is his right as a Bangladeshi SLA in the tradition of Nostrilamous Rex and other lazy, underachieving, and emotionally fragile Hudmahs incapable of being professionals. His relative success in our appalling "FC" should make us ask the question why supposedly better SLAs are not doing as well, NOT why he hasn't been selected for International cricket where he'll face real opposition under intense pressure.

That said, I wish him all the best if he makes it to the National Team and would love to see him improve and prove me wrong. Just don't be disappointed to be disappointed again. Context matters and big numbers from our atrocious "FC" not that much.
Wonderful post and this is the ultimate truth. Taijul's real test will be A team tours, even though WI A team may not be as strong against spin bowling as many other nations. We all know that our batsman have no patience and just wicket-to-wicket bowling can get you wickets in our FC matches.
__________________
~~^~~^~~^~~^~~^~~^~~^~~^~~
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old May 13, 2014, 09:22 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma
Posts: 32,297

I thought Ultimate Truth was the Brahman.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old May 14, 2014, 01:35 AM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 19,204

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
The Indians will chew him and spit it out.

valo to..valo na?

at least we'll get to say that indians couldn't eat taijul alive!
__________________
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old May 14, 2014, 09:27 AM
Dhakablues's Avatar
Dhakablues Dhakablues is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 25, 2004
Location: EverGreen State, USA
Favorite Player: Mashrafee
Posts: 4,280

Selectors are doing the right job in rewarding the top performers. They need to continue the trend whilst keeping in mind the ones who also proved in the past ( Elias Sunny, Shohag Gazi, Arafat etc.) Him going with the A team will also give him some good exposure in a spin friendly place in WI. We don't know how he will return.

I remember when Siddons mentioned that Shakib is his spin bowler- many of the fans ( including myself) laughed and said at most he can bowl occasionally but not really a bowler but after his perseverance and hard work, Shakib became a top bowler for the country despite his limited skills as a purist. Who knows maybe Taijul can become a better bowler with more exposure/national team assistance.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old May 14, 2014, 09:47 AM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 17,939

We need to reward a good performer even he ends up failing in the next level than continue to reward a non-performer with the excuse that we don't have an alternative.

Its not a matter of joke to or somthing we should ingore when a player consistently performs in local league. this guy just got 8 wickets in one innings against some of the top local players. may be he is nothing extra ordinary, but still we need to reward these type of consistent performers. And selecting him in team a is a good step of ackknowledging his performance in local league.

Now if he really get some good performance out of these team-A games, then I would say why not consider him to the next level when Razzak is fading and Gazi is struggling.
__________________
"Make Bangladesh Cricket Great Again"
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old May 14, 2014, 06:43 PM
kalpurush's Avatar
kalpurush kalpurush is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: June 7, 2005
Location: Victoria: Heaven's Earth!
Posts: 19,056

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
We need to reward a good performer even he ends up failing in the next level than continue to reward a non-performer with the excuse that we don't have an alternative.

Its not a matter of joke to or somthing we should ingore when a player consistently performs in local league. this guy just got 8 wickets in one innings against some of the top local players. may be he is nothing extra ordinary, but still we need to reward these type of consistent performers. And selecting him in team a is a good step of ackknowledging his performance in local league.

Now if he really get some good performance out of these team-A games, then I would say why not consider him to the next level when Razzak is fading and Gazi is struggling.

As you have said, if a player does get results with consistency, he is good. Taijul might not yet ready for international debut, but he surely showing signs to shine INHO.

Fazal bhai, how come you are different than so called "self-declared pundit"? Just wondering!
__________________
> Start slow. Build a base. Then explode.
> I needed to perform so that I could give my countrymen an occasion to cherish and be proud of - Ice Man
> My photographs @ flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/obayedh/
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old May 15, 2014, 10:50 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 17,939

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush

Fazal bhai, how come you are different than so called "self-declared pundit"? Just wondering!
May be because I like to play the other role i.e. representing the other point of view (to make the discussion more complete).
__________________
"Make Bangladesh Cricket Great Again"
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old May 15, 2014, 11:46 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 11,581

Consistency on the domestic circuit does need to be rewarded, how else do you get the message across that its a mandatory aspect of selection?

Failure at the international level needs to be taken into account also though, I.e. selectors can't keep selecting international failures even if domestic mr consistents as its sending the wrong message in that players will remain in the national team purely on the basis of domestic performance.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old May 16, 2014, 01:19 AM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 12,470

Well Farhad Reza is also very consistent.. should we continue to reward him?
__________________
vacant slot
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old May 16, 2014, 02:50 AM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 11,581

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Well Farhad Reza is also very consistent.. should we continue to reward him?
no because he's failed at the international level at a good number of matches. he's also 27 now beginning to be in his prime as a player (especially being a pace bowler 27 is smack bang in the middle of his physical prime).

so as i said it's not just a matter of rewarding all consistent domestic performers, domestic consistency is one criteria, there are many other things to consider. such as talent ceiling, age, attitude, ability to be coached, A team performances, performances in domestic tournaments in other countries (for example county cricket). there are many things that should be considered but consistency is a massive issue in BD cricket, not just international but domestically as well so the selectors need to push the issue that consistency is an important criteria to being selected.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Miller 9 Procter 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old May 18, 2014, 09:18 AM
shuziburo's Avatar
shuziburo shuziburo is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Dhaka / NYC Metro Area
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Posts: 10,007

I think we are too harsh on Enamul. He has an economy of 4.39 in ODI, albeit in only 10 matches. I don't think he was really given an opportunity. Now that he is 27, his time has passed.
__________________
প্রথম বাংলাদেশ আমার শেষ বাংলাদেশ, জীবন বাংলাদেশ আমার মরন বাংলাদেশ।
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old May 18, 2014, 09:58 PM
cricketboy's Avatar
cricketboy cricketboy is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 4, 2005
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,994

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
I think we are too harsh on Enamul. He has an economy of 4.39 in ODI, albeit in only 10 matches. I don't think he was really given an opportunity. Now that he is 27, his time has passed.
I would seriously disagree with you that 27 is near the end of a spin bowler's career. I still think Enamul has about 5-6 years ahead of him if he can prove his ability and come back to the national team. Even Farhad Reza is not that old, but the problem is he couldn't really shine in top level cricket yet.
__________________
~~^~~^~~^~~^~~^~~^~~^~~^~~
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old May 18, 2014, 10:33 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 11,581

27 isn't to old but the problem is he hasn't really impressed in international cricket, we've hot the sunny's and a couple of others who also deserve chances.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old May 19, 2014, 01:40 AM
BD_TigerZ's Avatar
BD_TigerZ BD_TigerZ is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 26, 2012
Posts: 6,581

Enamul hasn't grabbed his opportunities.. Yes the track in Zimbabwe wasn't for spinners but he simply couldn't even keep up some pressure and land them consistently.. Typical domestic wicket taker. Spinner Verizon of reja. Statistics hero. Might as well give the cchance to Taijul instead. Arafat isn't too bad for short formats either.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old May 19, 2014, 01:53 AM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 11,581

arafat does look good for short formats, wouldn't mind seeing elias get some chances across the board, but at the same time might as well try taijul if he can keep it tight that's at least something, plus he's young and hopefully can learn.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Miller 9 Procter 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old May 19, 2014, 10:47 AM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 17,939

Spinners are like wine. Over time, the good one get better. And ussually they can bowl effectively pretty older age (compared to FBs).

In BD context, you can pick Rafiq, Sakib, Goala as examples. Razzak could have been the other one. But I guess after he was forced to change his bowling action, everything is screwed up. Also 27+ is nothing for a spinner age wise.
__________________
"Make Bangladesh Cricket Great Again"
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old June 1, 2014, 02:06 PM
naim519's Avatar
naim519 naim519 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 4, 2011
Location: Texas
Favorite Player: Hashim Amla
Posts: 1,149

hope Taijul and Taskin get picked. Al Amin, and double T's along with Shakib should make a good bowling attack I think. Drop these dead weights like Razzak, and Gazi. Mash is too broken at this stage. Probably will fall apart even before the ODI starts.
__________________
char chokka hoi hoi, bol ghuraiya out hoi
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old October 27, 2014, 09:23 AM
shuziburo's Avatar
shuziburo shuziburo is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Dhaka / NYC Metro Area
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Posts: 10,007
Default The Taijul Islam Thread

It is unbelievable that Taijul does not have his "The" thread! Let me rectify it without delay!
__________________
প্রথম বাংলাদেশ আমার শেষ বাংলাদেশ, জীবন বাংলাদেশ আমার মরন বাংলাদেশ।
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old October 27, 2014, 11:23 AM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 17,939

Its still unbelievable that nobody yet responded yet in this thread.
__________________
"Make Bangladesh Cricket Great Again"
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old October 27, 2014, 11:23 AM
Eshen's Avatar
Eshen Eshen is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 27, 2007
Posts: 12,469

We have finally found an SLA who can turn the ball, that too with good control! He is a great addition to our spin attack
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old October 27, 2014, 12:16 PM
Eshen's Avatar
Eshen Eshen is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 27, 2007
Posts: 12,469

‘তাইজুলের আগে আরও অনেকেই এমন পারফরম্যান্স দেখিয়েছে। সে তো মাত্র শুরু করেছে। তাই এখনই ওকে (তাইজুলকে) নিয়ে বেশি কিছু লিখবেন না, যাতে ও নিজেকে বড় কিছু না ভাবে। শুরুর আগেই বড় কিছু ভাবলে ওর ক্যারিয়ারের জন্য ক্ষতি হতে পারে। আমি জাতীয় দলের অধিনায়ক হিসেবে আপনাদের কাছে (সাংবাদিকদের) অনুরোধ জানাচ্ছি।’- মুশফিক
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old October 27, 2014, 12:44 PM
BanCricFan BanCricFan is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: April 29, 2005
Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul
Posts: 10,731

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
We have finally found an SLA who can turn the ball, that too with good control! He is a great addition to our spin attack
In the BPL 2 thread I did highlight Taijul and Naeem Islam Jnr as the finds of the tournament and quality spinners. Glad to see my such optimism thoroughly vindicated, at least, in this Test. Taijul is quality. He needs to be looked after, guided and managed properly.

I read it here someone opined that Taijul is your everyday run-of-the-mill Bangladeshi SLA who, apparently, can't turn the ball.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old October 27, 2014, 01:28 PM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 48,703

Hope he doesn't take it too easy like Gazi did after his debut Series. He can have a long long career in sha allah if he motivate himself to be the best in the country and one of the best in the world!!!
__________________
হোঁচট খেয়েছি অনেকবার, তবুও হার মানিনি। বাঁধা এসেছে বারবার, তবুও থেমে থাকিনি। বাঘেরা জানে কিভাবে ঘুরে দাঁড়াতে হয়। আপনারা আমাদের সাথেই থাকুন... ইনশাল্লাহ আল্লাহ ও আমাদের সহায় হবেন। চলো বাংলাদেশ!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket