facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 27, 2002, 02:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Default BD A

Here is how are batting stalwarts have done against the under 17,19 kids:

Mehrab Hossain 30
Ehsanul Huq 24
Naimur Rahman 30
Aminul Islam 22 (run out)
Minhajul Abedin 11

Enamul Huq Moni saved the day with a 'fighting 49'.

Young left arm spinner, curiously also called Enamul Huq, took 6 wickets.

Handle was right when he said that South Africa can fill their team with batsmen and we would still get bowled out for 200. We dont have ONE decent batsman in the country. Thats sad.

Old October 27, 2002, 10:51 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা
Default Enamul Haque Moni

Looks like we need to keep MONI UNCLE until he turns 45 or so. He is almost near fourty and yet he is still the 'fighter'.

A team was at 131 for 7 when Moni came in. Had a 79 run partnership with Anwar (our second best keeper for the last two years and yet so far behind Pilot) to save the day. A team has a 2 run lead against the Dev team. Funny thing is, BCB's recent teams have been the real deal as far as age goes. BCB now keeps the age within two years of the original birth certificate date (I hope).

Looks like my dream of having the two ENAMUL's coming true sooner than I think. *wink*
Old October 28, 2002, 03:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Aminul Islam led the A Team to victory with an unbeaten 63. Akram Khan was also not out on 47. Ehsanul Huq contributed 48 while Morx (Durjoy for some) could only muster 21.
Old October 28, 2002, 03:26 PM
Banned

At best, Aminul may be considered for the Test squad. Shame on all these old guys.

My take - Think about Aminul or Ashraful replacing Tushar Imran. Tushar may however be more succesful against the WI on home soil. So its kinda complicated to me !
Old October 28, 2002, 04:14 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা
Default Tushar

Pundit brings out a goodpoint. Yes, Tushar can't concentrate long enough and yes he completely blew it in the test matches against South Africa but West Indies is different. What I'd do is (never mind, I was going to look at the Busta Cup results and see how Tushar did. Check the link) look at his Busta cup records and maybe have in play in a three dayer. Tushar will need to do well in the Challange Trophy to qualify.

Bulbul has always been my favorite. One of the first thing I did in my teststatus.com site was get an interview with Bulbul. He was in England playing cricket there. I had some links in Rivals and had them hunt Bulbul down. Called Bulbul bhai one night on his cell after he was done with Training. The guy stood outside a grovery (if memory serves me) and gave me a 30 minute interview. I was one of the best things in my life.

Neeways, Bulbul would be my pick. Ashraful needs to do well in the CTrophy and so does Akram.

Hannan, Mridul and Rubel has a shot based on their performance in the Busta Cup. Rubel (Mosaddek Hussein) took 21 wickets in the Cup and scored 156 run (avg 13.00 with a high of 65 in the very first innings against West Indies B). That was almost a year ago in difference circumstances but I think the boys worked hard and deserves a chance.

BD A in West Indies
Old October 28, 2002, 05:00 PM
Cricket Legend

I would have Bulbul in my Test batting line-up. I have always been an ardent supported of Bulbul but after his pair in the first Test against SL, I had to shut my trap. If he hits form, he deserves a place in our middle order because at his best, he gives it a semblance of solidity that no one else does.

As for the other guys, I would closely watch the progress of Mazharul Huq and Ehsanul Huq. Opee and Golla should also use this tournament to make a stake at the top of the innings.
Old October 28, 2002, 06:50 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default Re: Tushar

The BD selectors should stop experimenting with new and young players until the end of the World Cup. In the last two years we have seen some major changes in the BD line up. During that time the "old timers" were systematically removed and replaced with younger players. All the talents that was to be discovered HAS been discovered. It's now time to pick those who have shown form, maturity, and consistancy.

Although Tushar Imran has shown touches of brilliance in the One Day games, he has failed in the longer version of the game. It will be unwise of the selectors to pick him over more experienced players such as Bulbul, Opee, and Akram.

Let's not forget Nannu. Yes, he did not perform up to par in the first innings against the development squad but I still think he is the one person who can hold the BD middle order, even more so that Bulbul. Yet I would not be surprised if Nannu is not selected even if he goes on to score a centurey in the remaining practice games. I feel that he is the one person the selectors are not willing to experiment with, not because he is bound to fail but because of the consequences they will face if he doesn't.

Old October 28, 2002, 11:44 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Selection might be quite different, as we have new set of selectors. Nannu might finally get a chance.
Old October 29, 2002, 12:42 AM
Cricket Legend

I agree. Had Nannu played in the 15 or so Test Matches that we have played, he would probably have performed as well as anyone else has. However, I think the major thing that goes against him is his age. Nannu is above 40. Then again, we have played Moni and although his official age is 39 or something, he is also above 40. If Nannu does score some centuries, he is going to provide the selectors with quite a headache.
Old October 29, 2002, 01:23 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I am not a fan of Nannu, but the guy has fighting ability. I still remember the horror of Scotland and BD match during last world cup. At one stage it was 26/5!!! Nannu went on to make 68. Naimur also played well. Just think what would have happened to Bangladesh cricket if we had lost to Scotland. It would have surely sent your cricket 10 years into the back gear. I am thankful to God for that win.

+Khaled Mashud c Philip b Blain 0 9 0 0
Mehrab Hossain c Dyer b Asim Butt 3 20 0 0
Faruk Ahmed b Blain 7 24 1 0
*Aminul Islam lbw b Blain 0 1 0 0
Akram Khan c Philip b Asim Butt 0 14 0 0
Minhajul Abedin not out 68 116 6 0
Naimur Rahman c Stanger b Brinkley 36 58 5 0
Khaled Mahmud c Salmond b Dyer 0 4 0 0
Enamul Haque c Philip b Dyer 19 40 1 0
Hasibul Hossain c & b Blain 6 18 0 0
Manjural Islam not out 2 7 0 0
Extras (lb 5, w 28, nb 11) 44
Total (9 wickets, 50 overs) 185

FoW: 1-6 (Khaled Mashud, 2.3 ov), 2-12 (Mehrab Hossain, 5.3 ov), 3-13 (Aminul Islam, 6.1 ov), 4-24 (Akram Khan, 9.4 ov), 5-26 (Faruk Ahmed, 10.3 ov), 6-95 (Naimur Rahman, 29.4 ov), 7-96 (Khaled Mahmud, 30.6 ov), 8-133 (Enamul Haque, 40.5 ov), 9-164 (Hasibul Hossain, 46.6 ov).

[Edited on 29-10-2002 by nasif]