facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 23, 2014, 02:18 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I was pretty supportive of this guy before he turned a private conversation between himself and our second greatest player of all time into a digital rat session. That rat session with BCB turned it into a media circus, and eventually BCB's overreaction. He could've tried to work it out with Shakib before emailing BCB like a sulking lil' biach. He's not getting through to the players and it shows even at this early stage. I think he'll break the record set by the Pakistani coach we once had. Our cricket is the nail being hammered into the dystopic woodwork of melancholy and desolation. That's the real "haturi effect", yawl.

Heath Streak, it must be said, has made a serious difference.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; August 23, 2014 at 03:05 AM..
Old August 23, 2014, 02:48 AM
ODI Cricketer

I am not too pleased with the Coach. Even if his blunder in the first match can be forgiven. But to pick Shamsur and Imrul again in the second match? That's asking for disaster. Yes, Mominul hasn't been much of a batsmen in ODIs but he is still better than Imrul and Shamsur. Heck even Shamsur is better than the hack Imrul. Another mistake was to pick Gazi and drop Taskin. If the coach was going to pick Razzak then he should've dropped Gazi, since we already have an off-spinner in Mahamadullah. You have to keep playing guys like Taskin, as they can only learn from experience. Don't drop him after just one game.
Old August 23, 2014, 03:22 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

IF the players do not execute the teachings in the ground then no coach can do anything!
Old August 23, 2014, 03:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Our player just like average person on street no difference I am sure street cricket can't play any worse even without any support and training. Now these idiots ever going to learn. Question hanging over long time.
Old August 23, 2014, 03:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

It's too early to make conclusive comments. It was his 2nd ODI as Bangladeshi coach.
Old August 23, 2014, 10:07 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Very very early days for Hathuru as Bangladesh Coach. He is yet to get to know the players well enough, their weaknesses and strengths.

As for team selection, I'm sure he is having to rely a fair bit on the Captain and the Manager's input as well, beside of the very little of what he has seen.

I'd blame them more for the team selection than the Coach at this point.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old August 23, 2014, 12:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Extremely disappointed with the new coach. Or maybe I am just too frustrated now.

Horrible team selection
Ignoring Mominul and playing both Kayes/Shamsur
Still too many dot balls
Everyone knew WI will bowl bouncers and batsmen are easily falling for it
Still playing Gazi
What is the role of Riyad
No plan for Narine

These are simple enough things to fix. All the hype and supposedly feel good articles in paper about his vision and tough attitude proved to be worthless. He will last till WC and then we will get another clown.

I have a lot to say but for now I will just reiterate what mufi and Sohel Bhai explained. It is the new coach who is 90% responsible for us being without our best player. For those who thinks coach can't make a difference think twice and see how pacers are performing under Heath Streak. Please read the newspapers and you will know final or playing 11 is being picked up by the head coach, never we saw 4 openers in our ODI history, while one of the best batsmen mominul sits on the sideline. When you sideline all the SLA, you know the coach has not done any homework. For those who think the coach still trying to figure out our strengths and weakness should know that these core of players cricket for many years, of course 2 or 3 are new. And this was the 5th match for the coach with the team. All the teams, opposition players and coaches know our weakness, except our new coach. Does it mean he never saw us playing in last 5 years? Did not he play against us too?

With a salary and benefits of 35K per month, you could get both whatmore and Siddons, two proven coaches who brought championship and best batting coach for Australia.
Old August 23, 2014, 12:23 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

I am amazed to see some of the veteran campaigners here at BC blaming the coach and judging him so soon. It was only his 2nd odi for crissakes. Lets hold onto our judgememt of him and give him atleast a couple of series. He probably have a hard time remembering whose name is what, let alone selecting the team at this point. I think, as some of you stated, the call of selection was made more by the managers/selectors/captain rather than him.
Old August 23, 2014, 12:46 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Yards
I am amazed to see some of the veteran campaigners here at BC blaming the coach and judging him so soon. It was only his 2nd odi for crissakes. Lets hold onto our judgememt of him and give him atleast a couple of series. He probably have a hard time remembering whose name is what, let alone selecting the team at this point. I think, as some of you stated, the call of selection was made more by the managers/selectors/captain rather than him.
O Contraire!

Sri Lankan names are more toothbreaking. So he had his fair share of practice.
Old August 23, 2014, 03:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Shak, Enam, Riyad

The primary responsibility of a coach is to train and instruct the team. The coach cannot play the game for the team nor can he turn a set of technically, psychology, physically challenged players around within a month.

You know its not the coach when the side becomes one of the competitive sides and under the same coach drops to a record low within a short time span. Its the players! They climbed the Keokradong and thought they have all it takes to climb the Everest. So these bunch of arrogant, overconfident climbers went for the shortcut and fell off after going some altitude. Now they are so badly injured and traumatized that they cant even walk on a straight road without falling over.
Old August 23, 2014, 06:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

of course the coach can make a difference, and yes he's part the reason why shakib isn't in the series, but if BD has to rely only on shakib for any sort of competitiveness then they should not be a test nation.

now as far as the coaching helping, the players still need to be willing. mash has always been a decent player, al amin has been good since his arrival and taskin has conveyed a great attitude so if they have a good coach they will improve because they have the right attitude.

it's the players that don't want to put in the work, and sadly it seems like that's most of the team, that aren't coachable until they are willing. now you could say the coaches job is to make them willing, i say why are they playing for their country if they aren't willing. this isn't just a normal job, this is representing an entire country and if they are fine with things the way they are then they obviously don't have much passion for their country and thus should not be representing their country.

a normal job, sure people just do it for the money, a cricketing career is the dream of millions across the world, it's as good of a job as you can get (money to fun factor, of course just my opinion) and it's a job where you are representing millions of people, you should care about who you are representing. the other thing to remember is the people they are playing against are very passionate and committed so if BD players aren't at the same level as those players then they're already behind.
Old August 24, 2014, 02:50 PM
First Class Cricketer

They bangladeh are in a rut not the coache fault,who knows when the rut will end.
Old August 27, 2014, 08:16 PM
Cricket Legend

"সাফল্য-ব্যর্থতা থাকবেই। তবে কোচের কথায়, ভাব প্রকাশে আন্তরিকতা-র আভাস পেলাম না। হতাশাও কিছুটা আছে।
সাকিব এর সাথে বিতর্কে না জড়িয়ে, তার পাশে থাকা উচিত ছিল। এই সমস্যাটা উনার-ই তৈরি।"

http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/ar...9#login_prompt

Last edited by reyme; August 28, 2014 at 10:46 AM..
Old August 27, 2014, 09:21 PM
Cricket Legend

@Reyme if Hathurusingha kills a fly you ll criticize him and call him a terrible coach.

Nothing wrong in what he said. Stuart Law tried to establish the same-develop a champion team not team of champions. In all three matches there were individual performances, not team. No coach should put Shakib Al Hasan on a podium, and say you're special, you re the best, you will get special treatment. Everyone must work hard, and take responsibility.

Bangladesh will again start winning when several players start delivering in the same game-not just one or two of them.
Old August 27, 2014, 11:05 PM
Cricket Legend

^^Suppose you are 10 years experienced professional hardware design engineer and worked for only one company. By now you can go to any company and can make immediate impact if you are good enough. So you join a new company with a handsome salary with a big raise. After working for a few months you claim you dont know anything about the new company, their work culture, the assignment they gave you and need 1 year to learn the system, learn the job, know the coworkers, need training and then you start to perform, do you think in a corporate world the new company will not say anything?

The point is based on the similar analogy a lot is expected out of him. I completely agree any new coach needs time, but so far starting from team composition, player selection (i want to believe that he did and should have say on final 15), gameplan, I cant justify his high payroll. Its almost $35K per month with benefits. I firmly believe for same compensation coaches like Whatmore/Siddons/Pont could have done better.

I dont see absolutely no sign of improvement in his dept (batting), gameplan, captaincy. He should be supportive of his players and give them right direction. From 1st match against IND to the 3rd ODI now, there is no sign of much encouragement.

I guess my expectation grew little too high by watching coaches in American Football.
Old August 28, 2014, 01:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Btw where did you read he is getting paid 35K? If we could afford so much we could have gotten Gary Kirsten. BCB is in no position to afford such high wages. Kirsten, Fletcher, Lehmann and now probably the new England coach can only earn that much.

Different sources say different things, but i bet his compensation is less than 20K (Including all benefits). This article claims he is given a base salary of 12.5K. All other perks also seem less than past coaches. (http://www.dhakatribune.com/cricket/...s-best-buy-far)

Too early to expect improvement. But if ur a half full person you would notice the fielding is a bit better. We werent dropping catches like we did in Asia Cup etc. Batsmen are also trying to spend more time at the crease (Of course not in the second ODI). Tamim for example was clueless in every match played this year, but he has shown a lot more focus. We might be pinning all credit in bowling improvement to Streak, but i am sure Streak is not working on bowlers alone. Regarding team selection i am sure there are more individuals to blame than just the coach. I bet the captain, Habibul Bashar also has significant influence. Mushfiq particularly is known to have firm stubborn opinions on final eleven selection. Unlike soccer, coaches dont have authority to pick the final eleven in cricket.

Still think there is a long way to go before we can start judging Hathurusingha. This team has played without direction, discipline, method for quite a while. Getting them back in process, back in shape, back in form will take time. But if the results are like this a year down the line all the criticism will be justified!
Old August 28, 2014, 01:32 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

na ami emniteo deksi notun coach (koch na abar...of koch snowflake fame) ta keymun jani...kotha totha bolte chay na...mishte chay na....vombar moton konay kharay thake...proactiveated na ar ki jake bole ingreji te (te kintu japanese word for hand na?)
Old August 28, 2014, 03:04 AM
Club Cricketer

On our first overseas trip to Zimbabwe with Stuart Law we lost the odi series, lost the first test then won the next (can't remember if there was any t20 match). People had asked for his head immediately. After the 2012 Asia cup opinions changed rapidly (some people actually gave the credit to BPL).
This is Chandrika's first overseas tour with the team and we know how fast our golden boys learn! Even teams like India crumble in overseas conditions. I would wait at least 6-9 months to see any impact from new coach. I am not too hopeful though because I believe the coach is merely a part of our inept system. Until the whole system is improved we can't expect improved result. The sooner we realize it the better for all of us.
Old August 28, 2014, 04:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Great example 5tonne. Just remembered. I myself wanted Stuart Law out after that Zimbabwe tour. But sentiments changed after Asia Cup. I am sure i am not the only one.
Old August 28, 2014, 06:27 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

^^^
Its not the result. Its the shakib issue i think.

Shakib dosh korse to ki hoise? Hathuri keno report korte gelo? Beta bodh ekta. O janena amra shotti kotha bola ekdomi pochondo korina?
Old August 28, 2014, 10:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Thank you for your thoughtful analysis jeesh. you have made some good points.
I do have some reservation about the coach and feel like his tenure might be over right after the world cup.
Old August 28, 2014, 11:14 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
O janena amra shotti kotha bola ekdomi pochondo korina?
Don't drag Ashraful in here. He confessed already to his lies (most of it).
Old August 28, 2014, 02:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Don't drag Ashraful in here. He confessed already to his lies (most of it).
Huh?
Ekhane ashraful kottheke dhuklo?
Old August 28, 2014, 05:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Shak, Enam, Riyad

Its not like we had Gary Kirsten, Andy Flower, Duncan Fletcher applying for the position and we picked Haturida over them. Really, none of the applicants we heard of was a "safe" bet for us. Just because he is not coming out in the media and giving interviews after interviews about his fantasy of Bangladeshi becoming a no.1 side doesnt mean he doesnt have a plan or a goal.

If any of you guys are wondering why are there no improvements in our performance, its because the players simply dont care. Just watch their body language when they are fielding. Do they have the attitude and effort required at a national/international sporting event?
Old August 28, 2014, 09:17 PM
Cricket Legend

That problem is there. Body language is not always good. Even when on the verge of defeat many smile as if they have no regrets or dissapointment. Some turn up thinking playing for Bangladesh is like a chore or a job, no passion displayed.

To do well in cricket, you got to be in love with it. Learn abt it all the time, work very hard. One massive difference that i see between Bangladesh and Sri Lanka is our guys are like kindergarden students who need constant spoonfeeding. Why couldnt Gazi learn a thing or two from Saqlain? Why does he need Saqlain around to do well? It amazes me even at the age of 35 Rangana Herath keeps improving, discovering new tricks. Nobody tells Herath how to invent these new deliveries, he will work hard on his own. Why cant Razzak work on his bowling, why doesnt he learn from mistakes made? Even look at Sanga, even at this ripe near retirement age he will spend countless hours in the net perfecting his technqiue. Why does he have to work so hard in the twilight of his career? His place is given, there is very little chance he ll be dropped. But why does he keep working hard as if he needs to earn his place.

Passion and work ethic-two things that really needs to be instilled. Without these two, even Gary Kirsten cant make a difference. But hopefully with Hathurusingha, Streak i hope to see more emphasis on fitness, discipline, work ethic. It will happen, but it ll take time. Key though is for BCB to ensure there is no lapse after these coaches go like they did after every good coach left.