facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old August 24, 2014, 02:52 PM
brockley brockley is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: August 8, 2007
Posts: 482
Default What domestic player will replace the losers?

Dicuss?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old August 24, 2014, 05:09 PM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
BC Staff
BC Bangladesh
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Location: City of Traffic Jam
Favorite Player: Gilly
Posts: 12,713

poteto..potato..whats the point
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old August 24, 2014, 06:59 PM
al-Sagar's Avatar
al-Sagar al-Sagar is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: December 23, 2007
Location: The Quiet Place
Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose
Posts: 22,382

sokhina, morjina, jamal, kamal, ladi baba, badi baba
__________________
The OffStump
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old August 24, 2014, 07:47 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,955

Options have been pretty exhausted, need to give guys like anamul, mominul, shamsur, taskin, al Amin, shuvagata, shabbir a few more goes, proper runs not matches here and there.

Not much on the domestic scene I don't think, give Naeem more tries....maybe try asif ahmed, mosaddek, there is no quick selections that are going to fix this, I think the best talents are in and around the squad so it's up to them to improve.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Procter 9 Miller 10 Marshall 11 Warne

Last edited by Gowza; August 24, 2014 at 09:05 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old August 24, 2014, 08:03 PM
Sohel's Avatar
Sohel Sohel is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: April 18, 2007
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Posts: 35,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by al-Sagar
sokhina, morjina, jamal, kamal, ladi baba, badi baba
You forgot Golapi and Poltu.
__________________
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old August 24, 2014, 08:41 PM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Location: Bangkok
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 7,174

Hom, Taijul, Naeem, Shabbir, Arafat Sunny, Marshall, Mosaddek, Noor
__________________
রিয়াদ ফ্যান রা মানুষ হিসেবে উত্তম কারণ তারা অল্পতেই খুশি থাকে - জাদুকর ২০১৪
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old August 24, 2014, 09:07 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Hom, Taijul, Naeem, Shabbir, Arafat Sunny, Marshall, Mosaddek, Noor
Yeah if taijul doesn't workout may as well try our luck with a leggy. Mosaddek can take riyad's spot. I'm not sure shabbir's bowling is up to the mark in 50 overs and tests so he should be considered a batsman in those formats.

Nurul into the mix even if as a pure bat.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Procter 9 Miller 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old August 25, 2014, 08:39 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 25,378

Papon in a live interview said he wouldn't hesitate to swap the entire team with the U-19 team. It is in the Youtube.

By the way, what cricketing background this chap has?
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old August 25, 2014, 08:50 AM
Rana Melb Rana Melb is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 12, 2014
Posts: 665

losers-losers= BIGGEST LOSERS
__________________
Love is blind..& I love team Bangladesh!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old August 25, 2014, 08:56 AM
jeesh jeesh is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 4, 2005
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Posts: 2,213

Sports administrator with Abahani etc, involved with Dhaka Premier League. Thats abt it!

From what i ve seen so far, our chief is more of a fire fighter. There seems to be so much red tape and BCB is badly disorganized. Every decision takes weeks or months to materialize-why because all members must get together for a scheduled board meeting. Since being appointed president he hasnt done much to professionalize BCB.

Sadly he also doesnt show any vision or long term direction.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old August 25, 2014, 12:02 PM
reyme's Avatar
reyme reyme is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 19, 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Favorite Player: Umpires!
Posts: 4,009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Papon in a live interview said he wouldn't hesitate to swap the entire team with the U-19 team. It is in the Youtube.

By the way, what cricketing background this chap has?

Can Papon write a book about his accomplishment in last 2 years?
I am sure he can...about his failures...

Ever since he took over, I only hear bad news...
If he ever takes over ICC, the game of cricket might not exist within a few years..
__________________
Golf is good, no umpire needed!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old August 25, 2014, 12:11 PM
Shubho Shubho is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 20, 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,890

Quote:
Originally Posted by al-Sagar
sokhina, morjina, jamal, kamal, ladi baba, badi baba
Amgo Kolimuddin ar Solimuddin ki dosh korse re bhai?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old August 25, 2014, 12:58 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 25,378

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
...
From what i ve seen so far, our chief is more of a fire fighter. There seems to be so much red tape and BCB is badly disorganized. Every decision takes weeks or months to materialize-why because all members must get together for a scheduled board meeting. Since being appointed president he hasnt done much to professionalize BCB. ....
Understood. So how long he has been in the office again? I thought he had full control of the entire BCB from the start? Why didn't he change the red tape to blue tape already?

It takes matter of seconds to get MPs (Member of the Parliament) to join the team on an overseas trip. No red tape there? How can board members have other businesses if they are full time employees of BCB?
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Ghandi.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old August 25, 2014, 04:51 PM
brockley brockley is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: August 8, 2007
Posts: 482

Mossadek in for Ryiad.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old August 26, 2014, 08:31 AM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,399

Bring Mosaddek and Shadman in. These 2 averaged about 38-40 in U19s which is higher than the likes of Shakib, Mushy, Tamim and Anamul in their days. No point just keeping on the sidelines. Get them in and see what they got. Especially Shadman considering how useless Imrul and Shamsur are. Shabbir, Nurul and Shuvagata also should be considered as well.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old August 26, 2014, 08:46 AM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,955

imrul has never really looked that comfortable at the international level, the best he looked was his test century but for all the international experience he's got under his belt he should be further along than he is. shamsur is one of the most complete batsmen i've seen come out of BD but he's got the same bug as everyone else which is playing a stupid shot to get out, i'd prefer it if he got an extended run before being dropped. he's been in and out of the side rather than being given a persistent run and he's been moved around the top 4 in t20s and one-dayers rather than staying is one position.

i do think nurul, shuvagata and shabbir need to be given more chances and mosaddek should possibly be fast tracked to the one-day side.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Procter 9 Miller 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old August 26, 2014, 09:21 AM
jeesh jeesh is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 4, 2005
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Posts: 2,213

Imrul did well under Siddons because of a composed approach. He was a 65 strike rate batsman, would always get a 20-30 to help the team see the new ball off. But the new Kayes thinks he is Gilchrist. Chasing unnecessarily after wide deliveries, hooking when eyes not in. Its more of a psychological issue than a technical.

He got his chance, and now blew it.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old August 26, 2014, 10:42 AM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,399

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Imrul did well under Siddons because of a composed approach. He was a 65 strike rate batsman, would always get a 20-30 to help the team see the new ball off. But the new Kayes thinks he is Gilchrist. Chasing unnecessarily after wide deliveries, hooking when eyes not in. Its more of a psychological issue than a technical.

He got his chance, and now blew it.
I hate to say it but Imrul for the most part was very lucky to get his runs back in the day. He wasn't called Kayedge for nothing. He's always been very vulnerable against anything pitched outside his offstump and inept at playing the short ball. I agree it's more of a mental thing for him. Even with his limitations, he could've been a better batsman had he developed stronger mentality and worked on his temperament but unfortunately he hasn't so it's time we let him go and bring in somebody else.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old August 26, 2014, 10:48 AM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
imrul has never really looked that comfortable at the international level, the best he looked was his test century but for all the international experience he's got under his belt he should be further along than he is. shamsur is one of the most complete batsmen i've seen come out of BD but he's got the same bug as everyone else which is playing a stupid shot to get out, i'd prefer it if he got an extended run before being dropped. he's been in and out of the side rather than being given a persistent run and he's been moved around the top 4 in t20s and one-dayers rather than staying is one position.

i do think nurul, shuvagata and shabbir need to be given more chances and mosaddek should possibly be fast tracked to the one-day side.
I agree in some ways that Shamsur hasn't gotten really an extended run and even in this series, he played out of position at #4 which he doesn't even do in domestics so you could make an excuse for him to stay in the side.

That said, I have my doubts he will stay in the side for long. His footwork is atrocious. You could say that Anamul has bad footwork too but at least he has a strong temperament and willingness to grind out an innings. Shamsur is poor temperamentally. There isn't anything about his game that can suggest he could succeed.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old August 26, 2014, 05:06 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I agree in some ways that Shamsur hasn't gotten really an extended run and even in this series, he played out of position at #4 which he doesn't even do in domestics so you could make an excuse for him to stay in the side.

That said, I have my doubts he will stay in the side for long. His footwork is atrocious. You could say that Anamul has bad footwork too but at least he has a strong temperament and willingness to grind out an innings. Shamsur is poor temperamentally. There isn't anything about his game that can suggest he could succeed.
for the last sentence i will have to disagree my friend, from what i've seen he has a lot more going for him than most other BD batsman, he has pretty good technique (for a BD batsman), decent footwork (everyone has bad footwork at times, note i'm not saying he has great footwork but decent footwork), he drives well, hooks well, is capable of rotating strike, is capable of hitting boundary balls and is capable of changing gears within an innings as seen in his ODI 96.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Procter 9 Miller 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old August 26, 2014, 08:47 PM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
for the last sentence i will have to disagree my friend, from what i've seen he has a lot more going for him than most other BD batsman, he has pretty good technique (for a BD batsman), decent footwork (everyone has bad footwork at times, note i'm not saying he has great footwork but decent footwork), he drives well, hooks well, is capable of rotating strike, is capable of hitting boundary balls and is capable of changing gears within an innings as seen in his ODI 96.
From the matches I saw of him this year I thought his footwork was a bit poor but it could also be the lack of temperament getting him in trouble that makes him look bad.

I agree he's capable but question is that enough? He doesn't really have the power in his game like Tamim does or to a lesser extent Anamul's temperament. So he has to figure out a way to become successful or else he'll be yet another one of our players who just couldn't hack it at this level.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old August 26, 2014, 09:14 PM
jeesh jeesh is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 4, 2005
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Posts: 2,213

Shamsur like Nazimuddin is probably gone. Putting technique aside, the guy doesnt place any value on his wicket. Careless, reckless, i can use 50 adjectives. When you are a top order batsman of a minnow team you must know how to stay in the crease even at low strike rate. Minhajul Abedin, Aminul Islam etc understood it very well and used to do the job for us.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old August 26, 2014, 10:17 PM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,399

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Shamsur like Nazimuddin is probably gone. Putting technique aside, the guy doesnt place any value on his wicket. Careless, reckless, i can use 50 adjectives. When you are a top order batsman of a minnow team you must know how to stay in the crease even at low strike rate. Minhajul Abedin, Aminul Islam etc understood it very well and used to do the job for us.
That's my problem with the likes of Imrul, SN, Shamsur and Junaid. I won't count Nazimuddin because he wasn't even international material to begin with. The other 4 on the other hand are not the most talented but I feel they still could've been successful if they played within their limitations but unfortunately they haven't because they don't put a price on their wickets.

Shamsur of course hasn't played as much but he seems to heading more towards the path of SN, Imrul and Junaid.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old August 27, 2014, 03:08 AM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,955

i agree shamsur is headed in a bad direction but he started out well and instead of being supported he's been in and out of the team, that has to lower confidence which affects performance. from what i've seen from him he's the most talented bar mushy in terms of the skills he currently possesses, but lately he's struggled to put these skills together as the mental side of his game isn't up to par.

he's also been moved around the order and with his current mental fall backs i don't think it's helped him, atm he pretty much should either open or bat lower down the order as a pinch hitter/finisher, he has the skills to eventually bat at #3 or #4 but i think atm best position for him is opener and if not that then lower down the order around #7.

imo they should have given shamsur some experience as opener while tamim was out of form, now tamim is coming back to form and anamul is scoring tons so for him to get an opener spot in short formats is unlikely and batting down at #7 we really want an allrounder rather than someone who is just a batsman.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Procter 9 Miller 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old August 27, 2014, 08:50 AM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,399

I agree that Shamsur hasn't really been allowed to settle. I think he'll make it in the Zimbabwe squad especially thanks to Imrul's horror run. He needs to perform whenever he gets a chance or else he'll run out of chances. One thing that favors Shamsur right now is the fact that the alternatives aren't very good.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket