facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 9, 2015, 02:02 PM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Abahani killed his World Cup chances. Had he played the entire DPL he could've been on that plane to Australia.

Old January 9, 2015, 02:09 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

It's not Abhani who killed it his chance. It was Haturi imho. If Haturi was thinking of taking him for the WC, then why didn't he played the first 3 ODI? Only played him last 2 odi's when we had no pressure to win the series. This was a mistake from Haturi. Playing 5 match would have given us a better indication how well he will do under pressure.
Old January 9, 2015, 03:42 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadim
It's not Abhani who killed it his chance. It was Haturi imho. If Haturi was thinking of taking him for the WC, then why didn't he played the first 3 ODI? Only played him last 2 odi's when we had no pressure to win the series. This was a mistake from Haturi. Playing 5 match would have given us a better indication how well he will do under pressure.
Or probably he was trying out Sunny and wanted to see what he is capable of doing. Besides Jubair is young and had played 3 straight tests prior to ODI series and perhaps Haturi didnt want to over bowl him.

Just an assumption
Old January 9, 2015, 03:55 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Manc
Abahani killed his World Cup chances. Had he played the entire DPL he could've been on that plane to Australia.
He couldn't make the team. Very simple. According to the coach there were better players.

Read his reaction. WC is not the end of the World.
+++
I for one don't want star prospect exposed too early.
Old January 9, 2015, 04:00 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Or probably he was trying out Sunny and wanted to see what he is capable of doing. Besides Jubair is young and had played 3 straight tests prior to ODI series and perhaps Haturi didnt want to over bowl him.

Just an assumption
Resting a spinner doesn't make sense. He didn't even bowl that much in the test series. If he was a pacer, resting him would have made sense.

And sunny performed very well. He also performed well in previous 2 series he played so Sunny's inclusion ahead of Jubair is justified imho.
Old January 9, 2015, 05:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Sunny's inclusion is definitely justified based on performance, he averages 17 in 8 ODIs with two 4fers, jubair's inclusion would have been less justified as he has less experience and a much greater unknown factor.

I would of loved jubair to have made the 15 but you can't argue against e justification of sunny's inclusion, he's still a very good pick, what jubair had over sunny is that he's a leggy, would of been nice to of had a leggy in the squad because 3 SLAs means less variation and leggys to tend to do well in Australia I mean pretty much all of Australia's Best spinners are leggys I.e. Warne, o'reilly, grimmett, benaud, Macgill and in ODIs there was Hogg who was chinaman so the wrist spinners generally do well in Australia.

Last edited by Gowza; January 9, 2015 at 10:27 PM..
Old January 16, 2015, 06:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Not selecting a genuine talented leg spinner like Jubiar was tactically a blunder by Faruq et al.
Tagging him Raw, New born or less experience is a lame excuse or lack of foresightness. The talent flourish when get opportunities, the best come out when challenged. I have no doubt Jubiar would be our tram card in southern Hampshire's soil. Every cricket team in Australia try to pick a leggy due to their turn n bounce.

I don't question about sunny's ability since he proved his worthy. But do we play 3 SLAs in a game? Plus we have momin, riad, nasir, shabbir to share. Then why we didn't take the risk .. who can be alethal wicket taking bowler specially in the event when all other bowlers may fail or we need quick wickets. Three SLAs will add less value. I would say it was a very conservative approach by our so called cricket pundits.

All the great players already stressed about the importance of a leggy in Australia.
http://m.espncricinfo.com/pakistan/c...ry/821447.html
Old January 17, 2015, 08:03 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Legspinner Mushtaq, who was part of Pakistan's 1992 World Cup squad, said pitches in Australia are likely to help legspinners considerably and they will prove to be a wicket-taking option in the showpiece event. "If you look back, legspinners have been very successful in Australia. I have my personal experience; I have toured five-six times to Australia and have a very successful ratio bowling over there.
Say that to our chief selector. oh wait. Haturi da already did that.
Old January 17, 2015, 08:40 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

He should have been in the 15 men squad.
Old April 7, 2015, 09:52 PM
First Class Cricketer

বিসিএল এ তো তারে কোন দলেই দেখতাছি না ??
ছাওয়ালডারে কোন দলে না নিতে বোর্ডের সর্বজ্ঞানীরা কি কইয়া দিছে না-কি ???!!

ছেলেডার খেলার ভালো দিক যেইটা চোখে পড়ছে সে ৫০ ওভারের খেলার মধ্যের সময়টাতে উইকেট নিতে পারে, যদিও রানটা একটু বেশীই দেয় তবুও মধ্যের ওভারে উইকেট পাওয়াটা বিরাট জরুরী বিষয় ।
Old November 1, 2016, 02:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Jubair not out of the picture yet -

Quote:
They (Vikings) recently played a game against a BKSP team which they ended up winning. Jubair, the leg-spinner who recently lost his place in the national team, scalped five wickets in that game.

http://www.thedailystar.net/sports/c...ricket-1307908
Old May 3, 2017, 05:40 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Where is Jubair Hossain? The last I see he played a few games in last year's DPL, takes 6/34 and 4/44, then never heard from again?

Boggles my mind why he can't find a single spot in a domestic XI, especially in the Dhaka Premier League.
Old May 3, 2017, 06:34 AM
Test Cricketer

A collection of wickets that he got with his googly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNerjnk5-oE.
He could bowl a really good wrong 'un.
Old May 3, 2017, 07:42 AM
Cricket Legend

I fear we have lost him like we lost the likes of Enamul Haque Jr. I think the BCB needs to step in and ensure more efficient and sustainable talent development.
Old May 3, 2017, 02:16 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Where is Noor Hossain. I took my brother to 3 different coaches. First 2 coaches didnt appreciate his wrist spin and wanted to change him into finger spinner. Now he is doing great with his leg spin but Im afraid if he will get enough support from our cricket structure
Old May 3, 2017, 03:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepu
Where is Noor Hossain. I took my brother to 3 different coaches. First 2 coaches didnt appreciate his wrist spin and wanted to change him into finger spinner. Now he is doing great with his leg spin but Im afraid if he will get enough support from our cricket structure
Areey Vepu bhaiya! Bolchen ki?
Our dearest young leg spinner Noor Hossain is your younger brother? That is amazing. He has great potential and Lord blessing will be a great athlete. It is most wonderful that you supported and nurtured your young sibling and gave your time, made effort to take him to different coaches to train him, make him a better cricketer.

Vepu bhaiya, Are you the Vepu Hossain of Savar? Are you not the owner of Vepu Hossain Automobiles, Vepu's Burgers & Barbeque Sauce and Vepu Fabrics? You have huge business there. I have been to your establishment. This is most awesome!
Old May 3, 2017, 04:10 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

No, Noor Hossain is not my brother, my brother is only 11. Btw you been to savar?
Old May 4, 2017, 05:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tglover
Where is Jubair Hossain? The last I see he played a few games in last year's DPL, takes 6/34 and 4/44, then never heard from again?

Boggles my mind why he can't find a single spot in a domestic XI, especially in the Dhaka Premier League.
There is a possibility that he doesnt pursue cricket professionally.

There was an article in DS, which stated he had terrible fitness. He never worked on his fielding, batting etc. Only time he would train was during a tour. Maybe teams dont consider him seriously because of this.

Speaking of leggies, India seems to have quite a few in IPL. Why is it so hard for us to get one?
Old May 4, 2017, 06:08 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

Zubair, Miraz, Shakib, Fizz and Shohid..this should have been our test bowling attack..this attack is capable of taking 20 wickets on supporting pitch
Old May 4, 2017, 09:10 AM
Cricket Legend

This is why Hathurusingha was so stubborn about having a leg spinner. Leggies pick up wickets, sometimes even with half trackers, bad deliveries. Adil Rashid for example
Old May 5, 2017, 04:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepu
No, Noor Hossain is not my brother, my brother is only 11. Btw you been to savar?
YEs, Vepu bhaiya, many times...in the early 70s, after the war, my abba and I used to go to Savar Dairy farm to buy milk. At that time, we didn't have much...neither our family, nor our country...Savar Dairy farm was something, we were very proud of it.

I also remember going to Savar with my dad to buy Qurbani Goru for several years...then we started to go to Mirpur and then to Thatari Bazaar.
Old May 9, 2017, 04:21 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Kid needs to hone and perfect his skills. Come back as a skilled and masterly leg-spinner. He can do it. Work hard on his game. Almost every team in the top 10 has a leg-spinner.

Time for Bangladesh to up their game.
Old June 9, 2017, 11:00 PM
Test Cricketer

He played just 3 games in the whole DPL season with figures of 2/18, 1/42, 1/20.

Playing such few matches won't do any good to him. Leg spinners are wicket takers and you have to back them up.

He should at least tour with the National team as a net bowler considering how weak the Bangladeshi batsmen are against wrist spin.
Old June 29, 2017, 10:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Good news is he is training with HP. Part of the 16 man squad that will tour Darwin.

Fingers crossed.
Old July 7, 2017, 10:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Did he get any chances to play in the campaign Down Under?