facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 18, 2015, 02:51 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Will we be satisfied with only beating minnows?

I know this may not be a popular sentiment, but please BEAR with me . I expected us to thrash Afghanistan and to do the same against Scotland... but doing so will not matter to all the BD critics who are talking non stop BS... unless we atleast make the QF this time, I see no reason for celebration. It's sad to see our players consider Afghanistan our equals on cricketing terms.... Australia doesn't even really celebrate after thrashing their arch rivals England in front of 100k crowd in opening wc match, because they know they are better than them. I am not criticizing the lads, just think they (and we the fans) should hold themselves to a higher standard, not be satisfied with beating likes of Afghanistan.

Old February 18, 2015, 03:09 PM
First Class Cricketer

Couldn't agree more - and that is why I was sad to see the way Mushfiq broke the stumps.
Old February 18, 2015, 03:16 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

The sound you hear is not of satisfaction but of relief. Don't mistake the two.

Beating AFG and SCOT is not satisfaction, but basic requirement. The reason one may confused the two is because many a times, we failed to meet the basic requirement. So, the satisfaction is like "Thanks God, it's not one of those times".

But to me satisfaction should come only when we can get the to QF.

Looking at the weather, I'm almost certain that we'll get another point on Friday. That means, we need to beat one more of NZ, ENG or SL. And that's satisfaction.
Old February 18, 2015, 03:20 PM
Test Cricketer

With the fans, its a love and hate relationship. Players acknowledge that losing the practice match angered their fans. They also realize how loyal their fans have been over the years. The celebration was to appreciate the fans who drove from all parts of aus to see the tigers. I don't understand why is it a big deal.
Old February 18, 2015, 03:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I would really request BC members not to use the word Minnow. It was an insult slang used against us just few years back.

Scots are formidable opponent. They do have some good fearless batsmen. Respect them. not like ours top order who are satisfied with a 50% Strike Rate.
Old February 18, 2015, 04:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

We should aim to beat Sri Lanka and England.
Old February 19, 2015, 10:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
We should aim to beat Sri Lanka and England.
And new Zealand ...

I think we have a very good chance of beating any of these teams....

I think we will beat England...Tamim will unleash himself... I don't know who.but some coach f ed up his batting....
Old February 20, 2015, 12:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

^ Question is can we handle Southee's swing, Boult's pace and Vettori's finger spin altogether, so many changes in gear.
Old February 20, 2015, 12:33 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ricky Ponting

we bangladeshi cricket fans are pussies...many of us feel satisfied after beating the likes of afghanistan, ireland etc...we ourselves have set the bar really low and it reflects on the on-field performance of our players...if we started acting like those mad indian fans (not that i'm not trying to promote violence) - burning effigies and throwing stones at cricketers and their houses (and why spare the BCB officials), non-performers like tamim, anamul etc and the **** admins at BCB will get straightened out...sub-continental teams seem to lack professionalism as compared to the more developed countries (it has got something to do with our culture)...these cricketers need to be under constant public threat to behave properly...taile sakib and co. r fame mathai uthe beyadopi korar shahosh paito na...eder k dandar upor rakha uchit...
Old February 20, 2015, 01:22 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

The contrast between BD fans and players celebrating after beating AFG both times and AFG beating us tells the story. I didn't see one single AFG player jump up and down when the trashed us. They acted like it was no freaking big deal. They acted like how WE should've acted. Instead we were opening one BS thread after another, breaking fingers on stumps, taking laps (which I think it was that deliriously chippy boy Bijoy's idea. "ashen bhaiara, amra ekta victory lap dai!"). After all these years of suffering through all the **** talk from other teams/fans you'd think we'd know how to behave...These are the same people that cry and whine when someone utters the slightest of negative but justified things about us. Noobypocrites. Calling others minnows.
Old February 20, 2015, 01:25 AM
Banned

but bangla itself is a minnow dont kid yourself
Old February 20, 2015, 01:32 AM
Banned

Running a victory lap against a team playing their first world cup game? This proves Bangladesh is minnows even today
Old February 20, 2015, 01:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

I hate how you morons still think that our players where doing a victory lap

In PP many of the of non-desi posters appreciated how our players applauded the fans who drove all the way to support the tigers. And it is pathetic to see how our own people are turning up against the team. There is a different between a victory lap and what our players did. They were thanking the crowd. A victory lap usually involves the players taking up their national flag and waving it around.

And on topic, ofcourse we are not satisfied with a win against Afghanistan. Infact, we are now hungry, hungry to go to the group stages. If anything our performance against Afghanistan was a confidence booster. A 105 run win against a side who seemed threatening is always a massive boost to your confidence. However, it is just the beginning. We need to beat England or Sri-Lanka, and I feel England is the ideal target. If we beat England then we are going to the semis unless in the case of a miracle.
Old February 20, 2015, 01:50 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Adam Gilchrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Bijoy's idea. "ashen bhaiara, amra ekta victory lap dai!"). .
Old February 20, 2015, 02:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
The contrast between BD fans and players celebrating after beating AFG both times and AFG beating us tells the story. I didn't see one single AFG player jump up and down when the trashed us. They acted like it was no freaking big deal. They acted like how WE should've acted. Instead we were opening one BS thread after another, breaking fingers on stumps, taking laps (which I think it was that deliriously chippy boy Bijoy's idea. "ashen bhaiara, amra ekta victory lap dai!"). After all these years of suffering through all the **** talk from other teams/fans you'd think we'd know how to behave...These are the same people that cry and whine when someone utters the slightest of negative but justified things about us. Noobypocrites. Calling others minnows.
Didn't look like the boys were celebrating too hard after the win to me.

And you seem to have swallowed the Indo/Paxitanian narrative that the players embarked on a "victory lap" after the game. Why?

And who told you it was Anamul's idea? It was Shakib's idea to thank the supporters. You can see quite plainly after the fall of the last wicket that he is gesturing to Mash about going around the stadium to thank the fans. He is the last player who is ever up for a victory lap.

Trolling by the Vagitarians to our west and the Pakmastanians is typical, but you, sir, should know better.
Old February 20, 2015, 02:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho

Trolling by the Vagitarians to our west and the Pakmastanians is typical, but you, sir, should know better.
Old February 20, 2015, 02:43 AM
Cricket Legend

^dilscoop has a brain the size of a peanut ... so explains his confusion...

He is a funny guy though..I chuckle a lot reading his posts.
Old February 20, 2015, 02:46 AM
Cricket Legend

No matter what ppl say..this was a very good win... it's all about context ....our boys handled the pressure very well.... but still lot to improve.... the win could have been more comprehensive...we let loose few after the first 3 wickets ..
Old February 20, 2015, 03:09 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

Quote:

And you seem to have swallowed the Indo/Paxitanian narrative that the players embarked on a "victory lap" after the game. Why?

And who told you it was Anamul's idea? It was Shakib's idea to thank the supporters. You can see quite plainly after the fall of the last wicket that he is gesturing to Mash about going around the stadium to thank the fans. He is the last player who is ever up for a victory lap.

Yea. More concerned about what others think of us. Even if we win the world cup, there'll be something wrong with our boys because in twitter they are saying it's tasteless or over the top.
Old February 20, 2015, 04:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

who freaken cares how they celebrate their victory. Why do Bangalis nit pick over everything. We lose Bangalis complain. We win Bangalis still complain. Are tho kichu kora nai?
Old February 20, 2015, 04:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim

I think this match was too much hyped intentionally by the media to put pressure on Bangladesh. This has happened after we lost to them in our own back yard.

Our team is going through a bad transition period for the past 2 years, where the youngsters of 2007 have become the senior players (even though they have the mentality of teenagers) and we have new players going in and out of the team and many changes to the coaching staff.

However we should have never lost to Afghanistan!
Old February 20, 2015, 04:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim

On another note I watched the highlights of the game and we quite lucky to put up such a big score.

Afghanistan's crucial mistake was not to review the lbw call against Mushfiq. Also there were a few mis chanced run outs when Shak and Mush were batting. And Shakib played this awful Chinese cut.

Im afraid better opposition wont make such rookie mistakes.

Old February 20, 2015, 10:46 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Someone tell me what's the huge difference between a victory lap and a "thanking the fan" lap. What exactly do you think goes on in a victory lap? Players are cursing the fans instead? Are the players hating the fans instead of loving them? Are there strippers there? What is it?

Fact is no one thought it otherwise, from Crapinfo troll to commentators to haters on twitters, everyone was laughing at us for doing that after beating a mediocre team. Everyone had a dig at Mushy's character. Only we're trying to justify it by calling it something else, inventing a new thing. They can appriciate the fans as they walk off the field, while clapping and pointing back at the stands, how NZ did it last night, how Aus did it in the opener. Do it in the press or post game like Mash and Rahim did. You dont have to make a big deal out of it.

Quote:

It wasn't just about the players. The fans were just as bad. I called it like I saw it. That doesn't make me a troll. You need to go learn some definition. And you're doing the exact thing that you're accusing of the ind/Pak doing.

How I guessed it was Anam? Same way why you think Shak would be the last one to do it, which is true. If Shak is last, who do you think would be first? Anamul Flash_All_My_32's like a bolod after scoring a 50 Haque Bjoy.
Old February 20, 2015, 11:18 AM
Cricket Sage

Nooooo..... we just diminished half of our appetizer (the other one is coming). The main attraction is still the main dish and the desert.