facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 6, 2015, 10:27 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion
Default Feb 18: The Afghan showdown

We all know it, but don't want to disclose it. The encounter against Afghanistan will probably decide the course of our world cup. The ignominy of a loss will unequivocally cross our WC loss to Canada in 2003. At least Canada was participating in its 2nd world cup, and we were only a few years in test arena. But more than a decade later, an established test nation losing against an associate in their first ever world cup encounter will be disastrous, and should be deemed unacceptable.

In short, this match has got all the ingredients to make or break our world cup campaign. There is nothing better than starting a World Cup with a win, revisit 2007 WC, which to date, was our best WC. And there is nothing worse than starting a World Cup with an upset loss, revisit 2003 WC, which to date, was out worst WC. if History were to leave behind clues and anything to go by, then the way the Tigers' 2015 WC campaign will be headed, it shall arguably be decreed on the outcome of the Afghan showdown, come Feb 18.

Thoughts?

Old January 6, 2015, 11:43 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

Already commented on other threads, but Ill sum it up.

Afg batting = bar Nabi.Ghani and Shenwari is terrible.
Afg bowling = Shapoor,Hamid,Nabi,Dawlat can seriosuly trouble you if allowed dominate

Take the game to them and dont let them get on top and you should flatten them like in the world t20, but they will sure as hell fight you every step of the way.

A pretty bad first game for you's to get tbh, a loss here and your campaign is realistically finished already, a win though and you could shock a few other sides.

Should be a great match, I just despise how I'll be asleep for 95 percent of this tournament otherwise I'd be glued to the screen as theres no love lost between these two teams
Old January 6, 2015, 05:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

Inshaallah we will win the world cup not only vs Afghanistan.
Old January 6, 2015, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy

But, please no celebration thread yet!
Old January 6, 2015, 08:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

No offense to anyone but Afghanistan lost to UAE recently by 3-1. Tigers, Please don't screw this up....

Get-The-Job-done.
Old January 6, 2015, 09:52 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

We can't be looking forward to playing against some BS team. No disrespect.

TBF, we don't really have any game to look forward to. It's all tame match up.
Old January 6, 2015, 10:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
We can't be looking forward to playing against some BS team. No disrespect.

TBF, we don't really have any game to look forward to. It's all tame match up.
The point was not that this match is the most awaited encounter. But the match that can heavily impact our world cup fortunes. It's more about how we start the campaign, and the fact that its Afghanistan which has defeated us on our home soil should keep us wary. The Indians had the attitude when they entered 2007 WC saying they had no time to think about Bangladeshis since they are here to win the WC. However, Bangladesh's attitude this time around gives me the confidence we are gonna beat them comfortably. There is not so much of boasting around, neither is there pessimism about these matches against associates. We should be absolutely fine me thinks.
Old January 6, 2015, 11:35 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: taskin / anamul

Quote:
In Shaa Allah we will , i could feel inside of ma heart something happening
Old January 7, 2015, 12:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Lol. Keep your expectation low bro as it will minimize the disappointment.
Anyhow, if Kenya can make the WC semifinal, BD is due for one WC semifinal as well. If not in this WC, then somewhere down the line.
Old January 7, 2015, 01:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Nevertheless first game is very important. It will set up the tempo for rest of the tournament.

Cmon tiger " Akta duita AFGAN dhoro, sokal bikal nasta koro..lol"
Old January 7, 2015, 01:18 AM
Cricket Legend

In the Asia cup top order crumbled. Lack of rotation, early wickets and mushys captaincy lead to the downfall. Mind you it was on a flat track at Fatulah..also players were low on confidence and out of form, nasir was dropped 4 times From that game to this one the changes make our team much stronger imo, batting wise atleast alot of players have their confidence back and have gotten runs lately, Tamim breaking his no 100 voodo, Shakib is Shakib, Mushy will be under less pressure without captaincy burden, Riyad seems to be finally taking responsibility with haturi-da's backing at 4, Nasir is back and will have a point to prove and in Shabbir and Soumya we have exciting young prospects in form and versatile modern day cricketers. Taskin and Mash leading the pace attack is a good attack imo. Spin is strong with Shakib and Arafat as the main spinners and between riyad, shabbir, soumya and nasir there is good variety and the 10 overs can be made up between them.

From that game to this one (Based on Most probable XI):

Shamsur, Mominul, Naeem, Zia, Razzak, Rubel, Gazi out.

Tamim, Riyad, Shakib, Soumya, Mash, Taskin, Shabbir and Form, Confidence and Mash's and Haturis proactive captaincy and strategies in.

In conclusion we will roll the afgans mmw.

Last edited by BD_TigerZ; January 7, 2015 at 02:10 AM..
Old January 7, 2015, 02:04 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

If we lose against Afghanistan, we will have no choice but to beat Australia to get our mojo back.
Old January 7, 2015, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Lol. Anyhow, if Kenya can make the WC semifinal, BD is due for one WC semifinal as well. If not in this WC, then somewhere down the line.
Well, if I remember correctly, England did NOT played against Kenya, thus, Kenya got 2 points and went to 2nd round...
Old January 7, 2015, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana Melb
Nevertheless first game is very important. It will set up the tempo for rest of the tournament.
Indeed. It will set the tone how well Tigers might do In the WC 2015.
Old January 7, 2015, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
If we lose against Afghanistan, we will have no choice but to beat Australia to get our mojo back.
Sounds good to me!
Old January 7, 2015, 11:14 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

On the record: They have some talent. They beat us last time.
Off the record: WTH? Associate team. Revenge. Jalao purao!!
On the record: They have the potential to trip up someone.
Off the record: Kick their rear all the way to Kabul. Do not take the foot off their throat. Pound them.
On the record: I like their bowling unit.
Off the record: I hate their ex-coach.
Old January 7, 2015, 11:18 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib , Mushfiqur

Bhai, please tell us which year (if you have that info available).

Quote:
Old January 7, 2015, 11:22 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib , Mushfiqur

Donal, Can you tell this to our players? We fans know this, but I am not sure if our player know it at all.
I wish all the best to IRE, hope they win matches (except against BD in warm up).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C
Already commented on other threads, but Ill sum it up.

Afg batting = bar Nabi.Ghani and Shenwari is terrible.
Afg bowling = Shapoor,Hamid,Nabi,Dawlat can seriosuly trouble you if allowed dominate

Take the game to them and dont let them get on top and you should flatten them like in the world t20, but they will sure as hell fight you every step of the way.

A pretty bad first game for you's to get tbh, a loss here and your campaign is realistically finished already, a win though and you could shock a few other sides.

Should be a great match, I just despise how I'll be asleep for 95 percent of this tournament otherwise I'd be glued to the screen as theres no love lost between these two teams
Old January 7, 2015, 12:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

I have not seen the Afghan much. Need to sort out their weakness and strength. Can any one give me some idea about their team?
1. How good are they against spin?
2. How good are they against pace?
3. How is their bowling?
As a whole I take their team as like as Pakistan. As its a world cup and match will be at Australia best option will be to play with our strength. My team will be:
1. Tamim
2. Anamul
3. Soumya
4. Riyad
5. Shakib
6.Mushy
7. Sabbir
8. Arafat Sunny/ Taijul
9. Mash
10.Task in
11. Al Amin
Old January 7, 2015, 12:31 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
I have not seen the Afghan much. Need to sort out their weakness and strength. Can any one give me some idea about their team?
1. How good are they against spin?
2. How good are they against pace?
3. How is their bowling?
As a whole I take their team as like as Pakistan. As its a world cup and match will be at Australia best option will be to play with our strength. My team will be:
1. Tamim
2. Anamul
3. Soumya
4. Riyad
5. Shakib
6.Mushy
7. Sabbir
8. Arafat Sunny/ Taijul
9. Mash
10.Task in
11. Al Amin
They're pretty good against non mystery spin I think but against decent pace and bounce they are very very suspect.

As I've said and you should remember from the Asia Cup, they have very few batsmen who can play properly bar the 3 I mentioned in my earlier post. They'll either block block block until they are 80/3 after 25 overs at which point they panic and they're woeful running between wickets is exposed and they collapse or they slog blindly.

Stanikzai is a Misbah extreme and will not do well in Aus against disciplined bowling IMO.Will probably have a few 40 (80) kind of innings.

If you have an attacking field set they will struggle to score runs and the likes of Mangal are absolutely HORRIFIC at running between stumps which is why they have so many run outs against full members.

While the sample size is small just look at the stats. Their youngsters SR's like Jamal,Zazai are absolutely atrocious (not even 60). If they select those they shall fail unless Ghani,Nabi and Samiuallah step up
Old January 7, 2015, 12:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
They're pretty good against non mystery spin I think but against decent pace and bounce they are very very suspect.

As I've said and you should remember from the Asia Cup, they have very few batsmen who can play properly bar the 3 I mentioned in my earlier post. They'll either block block block until they are 80/3 after 25 overs at which point they panic and they're woeful running between wickets is exposed and they collapse or they slog blindly.

Stanikzai is a Misbah extreme and will not do well in Aus against disciplined bowling IMO.Will probably have a few 40 (80) kind of innings.

If you have an attacking field set they will struggle to score runs and the likes of Mangal are absolutely HORRIFIC at running between stumps which is why they have so many run outs against full members.

While the sample size is small just look at the stats. Their youngsters SR's like Jamal,Zazai are absolutely atrocious (not even 60). If they select those they shall fail unless Ghani,Nabi and Samiuallah step up
You should join the Ireland cricket team management. And if every Irish fan was passionate like you about cricket, they would have got test status by now. Hopefully, after this world cup, cricket becomes the no. 1 sport in ireland just like here. Any chance you think?
Old January 7, 2015, 01:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
You should join the Ireland cricket team management. And if every Irish fan was passionate like you about cricket, they would have got test status by now. Hopefully, after this world cup, cricket becomes the no. 1 sport in ireland just like here. Any chance you think?
There is a 0.000000000000000000000001% chance of that ever occurring

Gaelic football and hurling will always be no.1 and no.2 or at lowest 2 and 3.
Football and rugby will challenge for 3 and 4 and cricket can come in as 5 ranked team sport. Other individual sports like horse racing would be more popular as well

We can be a New Zealand type country if persisted with i.e. a dedicated,stable and somewhat sizeable group of fans with a smallish domestic system and capable of attracting 10,000 maybe a little more to high profile matches. We'll never be a Bangladesh with million of madly passionate fans. May as well be realistic.

I was watching highlights of New Zealands t20 comp couple nights ago and honestly the crowds were abysmal (less than 500 I'd say) You dont need a legion of fans to have a good side as NZ prove.
Old January 10, 2015, 02:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
There is a 0.000000000000000000000001% chance of that ever occurring

Gaelic football and hurling will always be no.1 and no.2 or at lowest 2 and 3.
Football and rugby will challenge for 3 and 4 and cricket can come in as 5 ranked team sport. Other individual sports like horse racing would be more popular as well

We can be a New Zealand type country if persisted with i.e. a dedicated,stable and somewhat sizeable group of fans with a smallish domestic system and capable of attracting 10,000 maybe a little more to high profile matches. We'll never be a Bangladesh with million of madly passionate fans. May as well be realistic.

I was watching highlights of New Zealands t20 comp couple nights ago and honestly the crowds were abysmal (less than 500 I'd say) You dont need a legion of fans to have a good side as NZ prove.
Best of luck for Team Ireland.
Old January 10, 2015, 02:45 AM
Test Cricketer

If our boys play well, there is no way we r going to lose. I have a lot of thrust in this coach and current BD team. I will be in fields for all the games to support BD. "Amra Korbo Joy with Bijoy"
Old January 10, 2015, 07:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Wonder wether Taskin will play vs Afghanistan play or not. I hope he plays vs Aus in Brisbane. Known for fast and bounce.