facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old December 25, 2014, 06:44 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 23,240
Default SL in NZ 2014-15

First Test underway with SL winning the toss and fielding on a greentop.

Lakmal gets the breakthrough...Rutherford has done nothing since that big debut ton. What happened to Dilruwan Perera? SL has a new offie debuting today.

Vaas really rates this SL seam attack...lets see how they do in helpful conditions.
__________________
Bangladesh: Our Dream, Our Joy, Our Team

#OneTeam1Dream
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old December 25, 2014, 07:24 PM
Donal C's Avatar
Donal C Donal C is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 19, 2014
Location: Ireland
Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers
Posts: 855

I wish Sri Lanka would take a 24 month break from all forms of international cricket.

Theyve played 95 ODI's since 2012 (20 more than anyone else) not to mention tests and t20s. Absolutely sick of them, no offence to any Sri Lankans
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old December 25, 2014, 09:13 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 23,240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C
I wish Sri Lanka would take a 24 month break from all forms of international cricket.

Theyve played 95 ODI's since 2012 (20 more than anyone else) not to mention tests and t20s. Absolutely sick of them, no offence to any Sri Lankans
They are the most BORING team God could have created. Full of unorthodoxy, and lack any color whatsoever. I'd rather watch Zimbabwe play against Tunisia. Can't understand why they have so many fixtures.

That being said, they are a decent side for such a tiny country, they've done remarkably well in int'l cricket as a whole.
__________________
Bangladesh: Our Dream, Our Joy, Our Team

#OneTeam1Dream
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old December 25, 2014, 09:35 PM
koushik koushik is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 4, 2013
Location: india
Favorite Player: rahul dravid
Posts: 2,152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C
I wish Sri Lanka would take a 24 month break from all forms of international cricket.

Theyve played 95 ODI's since 2012 (20 more than anyone else) not to mention tests and t20s. Absolutely sick of them, no offence to any Sri Lankans
they have to play 7 odi vs nz before wc

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old December 25, 2014, 09:52 PM
Donal C's Avatar
Donal C Donal C is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 19, 2014
Location: Ireland
Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers
Posts: 855

Quote:
Originally Posted by koushik
they have to play 7 odi vs nz before wc

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
I know, and I wonder what we've done to deserve such punishment

Quote:
They are the most BORING team God could have created. Full of unorthodoxy, and lack any color whatsoever. I'd rather watch Zimbabwe play against Tunisia. Can't understand why they have so many fixtures.

That being said, they are a decent side for such a tiny country, they've done remarkably well in int'l cricket as a whole.
Totally agree,

Mahela and Sanga have little personality, as good as they are, and the bowling is full of boring pacers who all look and sound the same (half of em end in "sekara" or "mal".)

Herath is the only one who seems to actually be human,

Said it before and I'll say it again, they are crickets answer to a filing cabinet. Effective but so so dull.

Wouldnt mind them if they didnt play such a ridiculous amount of matches though, I mean 95 ODI's in 3 years is freakin insane.

And when Mahela and Sanga leave I think they are in for a BIG struggle
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old December 25, 2014, 10:46 PM
koushik koushik is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 4, 2013
Location: india
Favorite Player: rahul dravid
Posts: 2,152

26 Runs from Lakmal's Over

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old December 25, 2014, 10:48 PM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,793

I agree SL is an ugly but effective side. That I said I'm a fan of them and have great respect for them as well. They don't have the advantage of having a big population like India, Pakistan and we do but yet they've made the most of what they've got. They've created a system that's worked for them and still have achieved a lot as a Test nation.

And I agree they'll struggle as every Test team does once their great players retire but SL have proved before that they can replace their great players. They haven't produced Sangas and Jayas by accident. So they know what they're doing and it might take a big of time but I feel they'll remain a solid team. Time will tell.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old December 25, 2014, 10:54 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 23,240

Vaas' pet seam attack is being smashed like a minnow trundlers unit.

Current partnership 94 runs, 11.1 overs, RR: 8.41 (McCullum 48, Neesham 43)

LMAO. Where is Shade...for all the ****-talking his boys are being pounded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C

Totally agree,

Mahela and Sanga have little personality, as good as they are, and the bowling is full of boring pacers who all look and sound the same (half of em end in "sekara" or "mal".)

Herath is the only one who seems to actually be human,

Said it before and I'll say it again, they are crickets answer to a filing cabinet. Effective but so so dull.

Wouldnt mind them if they didnt play such a ridiculous amount of matches though, I mean 95 ODI's in 3 years is freakin insane.

And when Mahela and Sanga leave I think they are in for a BIG struggle
To be honest, I don't rate Mahela much. I'm glad he finished with a sub 50 average. That being said, if any of our current batters finish as a Mahela, they'd have done extremely well. That said, I hope for bigger and better things.

Sanga is a beast and Matthews is very good. But none of other SL bats look to be anything better than ours. Its a miracle that they do so well in global tournies.

The way BMac and Neesh are going tho, SL could concede 500 in a single day. And Christchurch is a big ground at that.
__________________
Bangladesh: Our Dream, Our Joy, Our Team

#OneTeam1Dream
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old December 25, 2014, 11:44 PM
koushik koushik is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 4, 2013
Location: india
Favorite Player: rahul dravid
Posts: 2,152

OMG Mac is gone for 195(134)
NZ 383/3(69)

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old December 26, 2014, 01:20 AM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 48,698

429 in a day. Only in 81 overs.

New spinner goes for 159 in 22
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old December 26, 2014, 09:42 AM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 23,393

Kalam bhai pareo, baaps, too bad he missed the double

__________________
সবাই সুখে সুখী হলে বলো তবে হবে কে ভবঘুরে
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old December 26, 2014, 12:16 PM
M.H.Rubel M.H.Rubel is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 18, 2009
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 5,973

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Kalam bhai pareo, baaps, too bad he missed the double

KALAM VAI !!! LOL how funny.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old December 26, 2014, 01:27 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 23,240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadim
429 in a day. Only in 81 overs.

New spinner goes for 159 in 22
Shahadat's choto bhai...except Shahadat was pwned by the 2005 England team which won the Ashes!
__________________
Bangladesh: Our Dream, Our Joy, Our Team

#OneTeam1Dream
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old December 26, 2014, 05:37 PM
Rinathq's Avatar
Rinathq Rinathq is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Posts: 5,332

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
They are the most BORING team God could have created. Full of unorthodoxy, and lack any color whatsoever. I'd rather watch Zimbabwe play against Tunisia. Can't understand why they have so many fixtures.

That being said, they are a decent side for such a tiny country, they've done remarkably well in int'l cricket as a whole.
I fail to understand why the team consisting of Jaya, Sanga, Malinga, Mathews, Herath can be termed as "boring". I guess its because they are the only sub continent side without drama queens
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old December 26, 2014, 08:57 PM
koushik koushik is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 4, 2013
Location: india
Favorite Player: rahul dravid
Posts: 2,152

SL 87-5

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old December 26, 2014, 09:13 PM
koushik koushik is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 4, 2013
Location: india
Favorite Player: rahul dravid
Posts: 2,152

109-7

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old December 26, 2014, 09:32 PM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 11,467

Lol i guess we wont be seeing Shade here for awhile
__________________
vacant slot
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old December 26, 2014, 09:47 PM
koushik koushik is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 4, 2013
Location: india
Favorite Player: rahul dravid
Posts: 2,152

138 All Out.
NZ Enforced Sl to f/on

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old December 26, 2014, 10:50 PM
Donal C's Avatar
Donal C Donal C is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 19, 2014
Location: Ireland
Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers
Posts: 855

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
I fail to understand why the team consisting of Jaya, Sanga, Malinga, Mathews, Herath can be termed as "boring". I guess its because they are the only sub continent side without drama queens
Herath is an exception.

The rest look and act like the accounts department of a multinational firm.

Now if you'll excuse me there are some Sri Lankan trolls on Pakpassion I need to respond to
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old December 27, 2014, 01:17 AM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 23,240

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
I fail to understand why the team consisting of Jaya, Sanga, Malinga, Mathews, Herath can be termed as "boring". I guess its because they are the only sub continent side without drama queens
Even SL fans don't bother to come to the stadium to watch them play. They are all boring. Malinga has a bit of flair about him with the bleached hair and the tats, but he's the only colorful character in a team full of boring (yet surprisingly effective) players.

Misbah and Younis are great batsmen, but they are boring as heck. Same thing with Lanka. But Pakistan usually have exciting bowlers so you still watch them despite their coma-inducing batting. Right now PAK have almost no bowlers worth watching. Heck the Indian pace attack is quicker and more exciting to watch than PAK's that speaks volumes as to how far they've fallen.

On the other hand, NZ have become a very exciting team to watch. Williamson, Latham, Neesham, Taylor are great bats...and Southee and Boult are terrific seamers. Throw in a Milne and a Anderson and you've got a crowd-stunning outfit.

England are boring too. So is the current AUS side.

But SL are boringest team full of players with the ugliest games anyone could have played. Seriously, a hippo's grin is a better looking sight.
__________________
Bangladesh: Our Dream, Our Joy, Our Team

#OneTeam1Dream
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old December 27, 2014, 06:46 PM
Banglaguy Banglaguy is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 30, 2010
Location: London
Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate
Posts: 4,894

Trent Boult is a beast, he reminds me of Amir, can't wait to see if he can keep it up in the world cup... New Zealand each way
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old December 28, 2014, 02:54 AM
Shade Shade is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 30, 2009
Posts: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C
I wish Sri Lanka would take a 24 month break from all forms of international cricket.

Theyve played 95 ODI's since 2012 (20 more than anyone else) not to mention tests and t20s. Absolutely sick of them, no offence to any Sri Lankans


If you don't like watching them, then don't.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old December 28, 2014, 02:56 AM
Shade Shade is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 30, 2009
Posts: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Lol i guess we wont be seeing Shade here for awhile
With the help of Karunaratne I can.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old December 28, 2014, 03:07 AM
Shade Shade is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 30, 2009
Posts: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Even SL fans don't bother to come to the stadium to watch them play. They are all boring. Malinga has a bit of flair about him with the bleached hair and the tats, but he's the only colorful character in a team full of boring (yet surprisingly effective) players.

Misbah and Younis are great batsmen, but they are boring as heck. Same thing with Lanka. But Pakistan usually have exciting bowlers so you still watch them despite their coma-inducing batting. Right now PAK have almost no bowlers worth watching. Heck the Indian pace attack is quicker and more exciting to watch than PAK's that speaks volumes as to how far they've fallen.

On the other hand, NZ have become a very exciting team to watch. Williamson, Latham, Neesham, Taylor are great bats...and Southee and Boult are terrific seamers. Throw in a Milne and a Anderson and you've got a crowd-stunning outfit.

England are boring too. So is the current AUS side.

But SL are boringest team full of players with the ugliest games anyone could have played. Seriously, a hippo's grin is a better looking sight.
There is nothing wrong with being a boring test side, Test cricket is inherently a boring game.

We are the WT20 champs, we can flaunt it when we want it.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old December 28, 2014, 01:32 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 23,240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade
There is nothing wrong with being a boring test side, Test cricket is inherently a boring game.

We are the WT20 champs, we can flaunt it when we want it.
Pakistan were also champs back in 2009...and are very boring side with tuk tuk Misbah. Akmal is the only player worth watching in their current side.

India also play Test cricket, and they are quite exciting. So is the NZ team of the last few years. Being exciting doesn't have anything to do with how good the side is...otherwise no one would pay WI players millions in the IPL.
__________________
Bangladesh: Our Dream, Our Joy, Our Team

#OneTeam1Dream
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket