facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 7, 2015, 07:12 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy
Default Ireland 2015 WC support thread

So far Ireland has been the only team to provide us with the biggest upset so far, chasing down West Indies mammoth total rather comfortably, with 4 wickets remaining. They have since 2007 WC, always provided us with upsets, and qualified for Super 8 in 2007 WC by knocking Pakistan out.

It would be a shame if Ireland fails to qualify for the QF this world cup.

Right now after beating Zimbabwe, Ireland stands 4th in the group. But the complication is WI still has a game against UAE left. If WI beats UAE, they will take the #4 spot only because they are well ahead of Ireland in NRR.

For Ireland to qualify, they have to beat India, or play a virtual knock off game against Pakistan. So their fate is much like ours. The equation is simple, Bangladesh needs to beat England to qualify in the easiest possible way, likewise Ireland needs to beat Pakistan.

Old March 7, 2015, 07:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

#ireland deserve test status

i love their fighting spirit and they always show their hunger to win

#1 ireland fan.
Old March 7, 2015, 07:19 AM
Cricket Legend

afghan and ireland--two bright prospect

sorry for zimbabwe--such a bad luck

all i want--west indies should be kicked out from WC--they dont deserve it. they lost WC before even wc by not selecting their best players
Old March 7, 2015, 07:36 AM
Cricket Legend

if u want to see exciting finish and exciting cricket--- associates team are the best option, they know how to make it fun.
Old March 7, 2015, 09:50 AM
Club Cricketer

I wish Ireland gets test status. If Rankin & Morgan were added to this team, they would play competitive cricket with the top teams.

At the same time I wish Zimbabwe gets Utseya, taibu, Coventry, Jarvis and vittory back and Chigsmbura and Masakadza get their form back. this will also be a very good team.
Old March 7, 2015, 10:17 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I don't know, for some reason or another I was supporting Zim or wanted Zim to win. From hear on all Ireland.

Boykin, Morgan. Where would this team be? A coach of 8+ years and counting...

How many coaches we go through in 8 years time?
Old March 7, 2015, 10:18 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Soumya,Mullah,Mushy,Taski

Although am all for getting new teams like Ireland getting test status soon, I dont like them, their players dont respect Bangladesh team much, some of them think (like many other haters of BD out there) they are better than us and deserves test status more, not too long ago few of their players were talking big in an interview saying we dont invite them to play maybe because we are scared of them. Well I very much want to see them getting invited here and getting banglawashed again like in 2008.

And btw many of their players get the advantage of the infrastructure in England and playing in county cricket regularly which many in our country and also those in Zimbabwe dont have to hone their skills
Old March 7, 2015, 12:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
Although am all for getting new teams like Ireland getting test status soon, I dont like them, their players dont respect Bangladesh team much, some of them think (like many other haters of BD out there) they are better than us and deserves test status more, not too long ago few of their players were talking big in an interview saying we dont invite them to play maybe because we are scared of them. Well I very much want to see them getting invited here and getting banglawashed again like in 2008.

And btw many of their players get the advantage of the infrastructure in England and playing in county cricket regularly which many in our country and also those in Zimbabwe dont have to hone their skills
Really? I always thought they were the nicest bunch! They always support us against other sides. What do you expect them to say when they are playing competitively against us?
Old March 7, 2015, 01:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:

They feel aggrieved and rightly so. They have deserved test status since 2011 and ICC says you cant play world cup. They've proven they're better than Zimbabwe. 3 global event matchups, 2 wins, 1 tie. Even the tie should be a win because IRE lost fewer wickets.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 7, 2015, 01:32 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Soumya,Mullah,Mushy,Taski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehwar
Really? I always thought they were the nicest bunch! They always support us against other sides. What do you expect them to say when they are playing competitively against us?
http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-worl...ry/583693.html

Quote:
Johnston was one of those who did make the final training session but he was in a far from conciliatory mood, resentful over perpetual references to Ireland as 'minnows' and the barriers that he believes exist to limit Ireland's chances of joining the game's elite.

"Why don't Bangladesh and Zimbabwe want to play us?" he asked. "I know why, because they're scared that we'll beat them and that we'll go above them in the rankings. I know that for a fact.
Old March 7, 2015, 01:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

I felt they're the favorites to go in as B4 until Pak's sudden turnaround win against SA
Old March 7, 2015, 01:40 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Well done the Irish!

Taylor's wicket was the game changer.
Old March 7, 2015, 01:48 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

They've done their job so far in this WC. But their life just got a lil difficult with that Pak win. And they're about to play their toughest schedule IND-PAK. They will HAVE to take down Pak. WI has a good chance of winning their last two games.
Old March 7, 2015, 02:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max100

#1 ireland fan.

Give give up our test status and hand it over to them that's what they want. so you will have team to support in test.
Old March 7, 2015, 02:15 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

Their players gotta be more patriotic. Morgan and Rankin left. With this kind of trend, I don't see them being a test nation.
Old March 7, 2015, 03:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Much better than the hacks from Stan
Old March 7, 2015, 03:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max100

#1 ireland fan.
I support Ireland. Ireland has the infrastructure but Afganistan don't.
Old March 7, 2015, 04:39 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Much better than the hacks from Stan
Concur..
Old March 7, 2015, 05:55 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: sabbir, soumya

Quote:
Originally Posted by mij

Give give up our test status and hand it over to them that's what they want. so you will have team to support in test.
There is some truth to this. As soon as Ireland get test status, our test status will come into question.

Truth is a few Irish already play county cricket. If more than them play year around, their test ability comes to acceptable within 3-4 years.

Then the Boycotts of the world get to raise their finger AHAA look how quickly Ireland came up and look at bd.

Having talking all that smack, I would like an IRE vs BAN in this WC. Any scenario thats possible?

Maybe Semis?
Old March 7, 2015, 06:50 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:

I think they are angry at Bangladesh for not inviting them to play a series since 2008, and rightfully maybe so. The 2007 WC squad was a semi professional squad, a lot of the squad were part time cricketer (Boyd Rankin was a farmer for example), and that was the squad that got banglawashed. Now they are a professional squad, and I strongly believe that they are now a lot more stronger than they were in 2008. It is narrow mindedness of the BCB to not inviting them over, especially since Bangladesh had no one to play for months last 2-3 years.

Just remember how we feel about India not inviting us over to play a test series.
Old March 7, 2015, 06:54 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
Their players gotta be more patriotic. Morgan and Rankin left. With this kind of trend, I don't see them being a test nation.
I get the point. Maybe they left thinking about their own interest instead of their country's interest. If they play for England, they can play more often, play tests and get selected by teams in IPL and BBL. But then again it is very unpatriotic.
Old March 7, 2015, 07:06 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
I would say the opposite. Even w/o Morgan, Rankin they have put up a big show. They won against WI and Zim. They had good crowds in the stadium too.

I say give them test status. They deserve it now.

DonalC, what your thoughts about infrastructure and fan support?
Old March 15, 2015, 11:18 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

So proud of what the team have accomplished but I'd be lying if I said I wasnt feeling a bit deflated, Did everything we could have, only for WI to not just beat, but hammer Pakistan and in doing so wake Pakistan up as to how bad they were and ended up screwing us over.

6 points, 3 wins, and knocked out based not on head to head but some poxy maths. Gutted
Old March 15, 2015, 11:34 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C
6 points, 3 wins, and knocked out based not on head to head but some poxy maths. Gutted
I know how you feel man. Same thing happened to us last WC in 2011. We won 3 games, ended up with 6 points but still couldn't get past the 1st round. Ireland definitely made a statement. Even if ICC sticks to the 10 team format for the ODI WC, I would assume they will do some kind of qualification round for the 9th and 10th space similar to what they did for the T20 WC. My guess is, it will be BD, ZIM + top 4 or 6 associate teams. If ICC does take this approach, you guys will have a shot to make the WC again.
Old March 15, 2015, 11:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

^ Teams ranked 9 - 12 in ODI's + 6 of the next top Associates will be competing in a qualification tournament to be held in Bangladesh for the 9th and 10th spots