facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 16, 2015, 09:24 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Adam Gilchrist
Default Dravid backs associates for 2019 WorldCup

Cricinfo article - http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-cric...ry/851121.html

Also says there should be more balance between bat and ball.
Completely agree. Bored of 400 scores.

Old March 16, 2015, 09:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: rahul dravid

Not only dravid jayawardane,sachin all wants top associate like ireland,afg to play in wc.i think 12 team(10 test team+ 2 as) wc will be great

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old March 16, 2015, 10:20 PM
Cricket Sage

I like the current 14 team WC. The Associate team, surprisingly played competitive games. There were few lopsided losses, but both Associate as well as Test playing teams were losers of lopsided games.
Old March 16, 2015, 11:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke
Cricinfo article - http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-cric...ry/851121.html

Also says there should be more balance between bat and ball.
Completely agree. Bored of 400 scores.
This will be the norm going forward. Everytime someone hits a six, they bring up the six tracker with ads on the side screen, at least thats what I saw on PTV. This is just one example. I think soon enough the term 'SIX' in international cricket will get sponsored out to someone similar to 'DLF Maximum' in IPL. Big three *BCCI* is in the business of making money. At this point promoting cricket globally is just a 'keeping up the appearance' type of move.
Old March 16, 2015, 11:34 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Cricket is the only sports where player body has the least say in their own sports. That's when things got ****ed up. When Ponting, Sachin, Lara, Wasim, and other established layers were playing, they should've notched this thing clean before ICC got out of hand. We don't have many authority figures left in cricket. Dhoni, Mahela, Sanga and Clarke will be gone too soon.
Old March 16, 2015, 11:58 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: sabbir, soumya

Dravid gets paid for his opinions. Not to administer the game.

Pander to the audience.

Get some attention for it.

Ka-ching!

Same as Dhoni bhaiya btw. It doesn't hurt to put in a good word for the associates when you are leaving the game $100 million richer!!

Not yo problem!
Old March 17, 2015, 12:31 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: MS.Dhoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerblood99
Dravid gets paid for his opinions. Not to administer the game.

Pander to the audience.

Get some attention for it.

Ka-ching!

Same as Dhoni bhaiya btw. It doesn't hurt to put in a good word for the associates when you are leaving the game $100 million richer!!

Not yo problem!
Wrong.

Dravid, SRT and all Indian players have influence in BCCI decision making. Their opinions matter most than all other nations combined.

BTW they don't have to speak about associates to gain attention.
Old March 17, 2015, 12:36 AM
First Class Cricketer

I would say Dravid is the last man to pander to the audience. He has always been balanced in his views and I remember his speech in Aus when he said test matches are more important than ODIs and T20 even when he was playing under India/BCCI.
Old March 17, 2015, 12:37 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:

Not yo problem!
Didn't Dhoni say that don't expect India to play against the associates?
Old March 17, 2015, 12:39 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
This will be the norm going forward. Everytime someone hits a six, they bring up the six tracker with ads on the side screen, at least thats what I saw on PTV. This is just one example. I think soon enough the term 'SIX' in international cricket will get sponsored out to someone similar to 'DLF Maximum' in IPL. Big three *BCCI* is in the business of making money. At this point promoting cricket globally is just a 'keeping up the appearance' type of move.
Truer words have never been said

I am sick of these 350 + scores.

Gone were the days when 270 meant good chance of winning the match. There was so much excitement and tension. Now a team scores 300 and we say its par.
Old March 17, 2015, 01:05 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar & Jonty Rhodes

Quote:
Not sure why is everyone up in arms about the BCCI on here. Its important to make money to make the sport popular. The reason it is SO popular in India is not just because we managed to win the world cup in 1983 but since then the cricketers have been raking in crazy money.

Advice: BCB should too be in the business to "make money". No free lunch, my friend.
Old March 17, 2015, 01:12 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by senman
Wrong.

Dravid, SRT and all Indian players have influence in BCCI decision making. Their opinions matter most than all other nations combined.
Old March 17, 2015, 08:03 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by be_friend_13
Not sure why is everyone up in arms about the BCCI on here. Its important to make money to make the sport popular. The reason it is SO popular in India is not just because we managed to win the world cup in 1983 but since then the cricketers have been raking in crazy money.

Advice: BCB should too be in the business to "make money". No free lunch, my friend.
I dont have any problem with BCCI making money. India brings in the most money therefore it makes sense for them to have a big part of the share. What I have a problem with is Big Three (which is mostly controlled by BCCI) is creating an exclusive club for the top three and leaving the rest high and dry. Cricket wouldn't be fun if we have just 3-4 teams playing against each other. Money has to be made otherwise the game wouldn't survive. But in order for the game to survive the game needs to spread out too, but that doesnt seem to be a priority for those who are running the show. This is what I mean by they are in the business of making money.
Old March 17, 2015, 09:40 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: MS.Dhoni

Quote:
I don't get your point. I don't think Dravid is selfish and he does have a big influence in India/BCCI and thereby ICC.
Old March 17, 2015, 11:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ATM - No One.

I think 12 team 10 test nations 2 associates is enough. 14 is too long, drags.

Group Matches should be played ever 4/5 days. Not 8 days or weeks or whatver it has been for some teams this wc. Too long wait!
Old March 17, 2015, 11:47 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
I think 12 team 10 test nations 2 associates is enough. 14 is too long, drags.
I also think WC should have 12 teams (10 test playing nations + 2 associates).

Duration of the entire tournament should not be more than 5 weeks instead of 6 weeks at present.
Old March 17, 2015, 03:26 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
I dont have any problem with BCCI making money. India brings in the most money therefore it makes sense for them to have a big part of the share. What I have a problem with is Big Three (which is mostly controlled by BCCI) is creating an exclusive club for the top three and leaving the rest high and dry. Cricket wouldn't be fun if we have just 3-4 teams playing against each other. Money has to be made otherwise the game wouldn't survive. But in order for the game to survive the game needs to spread out too, but that doesnt seem to be a priority for those who are running the show. This is what I mean by they are in the business of making money.
I agree with 5%, just this part: Cricket wouldn't be fun if we have just 3-4 teams playing against each other

US makes the most money and has a grant program and not a revenue/ profit sharing arrangement. They formed the G7. G7 pretty much controlled the monetary policies of the world for the longest time. They convinced Saudis and Petro-dollar system came into being. They frequently wage wars against countries going against their diktat as well. This is how the world functions, you dictate terms when you are powerful.

I am not going to be one those BCCI bashers claiming that they are doing more harm than good to cricket. I,in fact very strongly believe that BCCI & Lalit Modi did a stupendous job with the IPL, it is now often taught as a case study at most business schools in the US, I know because I went to one.

And please tell me how did we conclude that they are not wanting to spread the game and are only raking in crazy money? The latter is believable because we have the numbers that back it up but what about them being an axis of evil wanting to destroy the game? Admit it, everyone hates the BCCI because they are taking a bigger chunk home, which I think is fair and thats how it should be. No free lunch for anyone.

I am sorry if my post sounds arrogant but thats just economics 101.
Old March 17, 2015, 04:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
I agree with 5%, just this part: Cricket wouldn't be fun if we have just 3-4 teams playing against each other

US makes the most money and has a grant program and not a revenue/ profit sharing arrangement. They formed the G7. G7 pretty much controlled the monetary policies of the world for the longest time. They convinced Saudis and Petro-dollar system came into being. They frequently wage wars against countries going against their diktat as well. This is how the world functions, you dictate terms when you are powerful.

I am not going to be one those BCCI bashers claiming that they are doing more harm than good to cricket. I,in fact very strongly believe that BCCI & Lalit Modi did a stupendous job with the IPL, it is now often taught as a case study at most business schools in the US, I know because I went to one.

And please tell me how did we conclude that they are not wanting to spread the game and are only raking in crazy money? The latter is believable because we have the numbers that back it up but what about them being an axis of evil wanting to destroy the game? Admit it, everyone hates the BCCI because they are taking a bigger chunk home, which I think is fair and thats how it should be. No free lunch for anyone.

I specifically wrote I don't have any problem with BCCI making money. India brings in the most money therefore they get most. Who is asking for free lunch? See this is the problem with most Indian fans. You think because we are Bangladeshi fans anytime we have any criticism against your mighty powerful board it must be out of jealousy. How did you get from my post that I'm asking for BCCI to spread all their wealth.

I said BCCI is in the business of making money and that is a true statement. I even mentioned money has to be made because otherwise the game wouldn't survive. Don't try to put words in my mouth.

As for not wanting to spread the game, you dont have to look far. Why is there so much media outrage about associate teams left out of the 2019 world cup? Big Three which is run by BCCI wants a 10 team tournament. You are hearing guys like Sachin and Dravid coming out speaking against this fornat. Leaving weaker teams out of the wc does that help spread the game?
Old March 17, 2015, 04:34 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

World Cup is "too long" because they play ONE game a day. Once each team gets a game all to themselves, a "prime time game" if you will, then 2-3 group stage games should be held a day. This WC is being played in two different countries, no shortage of resources. If little country like Bangladesh could arrange 2 different games a day, wonder why NZ/AUS couldn't play 4 a day. The schedule for this WC was a joke. Specially teams criss-crossing across the river.

People need to realize this WC was just as long as 07. And the next one will be just long, with just as many games as well, just less teams. So leaving teams out won't help shortening it. And why would you want to shorten it!? You get do this every 4 years! Do it big! Associates showed up BIG time in this WC. As a reward Richardson or whoever the fak that guy is should be dispatched. Use the World Cup to promote game this please! These ex players need to force ICC into making better decisions.
Old March 17, 2015, 05:29 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:

No you are right lets talk about a free lunch.

The free lunch program says you will be raking $500 million more over the next few years over Bangladesh, at the cost to Bangladesh because we will take a sharp paycut to accomodate $500 million in income to the BCCI.

The other two boards get 55 million and 13 million to fall in line and the rest get their share chopped off to tens to millions.

There is no numbers to back up a $450 million pay raise.

But bangladesh have the ICC president no?

except srinivasa (chairman) and his indian ceo, already insured that starting mustafa kamal's presidency.. The role will be ambassadorial, NOT administrative.

The ICC board is filled with Srinivasan's loyalists ensuring even an IPL fixing scandal by his son in law n part principal of a team he owned ( again changed BCCI rules not allowing administrators to have financial interest) DOES NOT result in him getting kicked off the governing body.

Listen there are no numbers to justify a coup of the ICC by the BCCI clan.

There are no numbers to justify $450 million in profits for BCCI in exchange for $560 million pay cut to 7 boards and all the world's associates.

There is no b-school spiel you can use to justify those numbers.
Old March 17, 2015, 06:03 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
I specifically wrote I don't have any problem with BCCI making money. India brings in the most money therefore they get most. Who is asking for free lunch? See this is the problem with most Indian fans. You think because we are Bangladeshi fans anytime we have any criticism against your mighty powerful board it must be out of jealousy. How did you get from my post that I'm asking for BCCI to spread all their wealth.

I said BCCI is in the business of making money and that is a true statement. I even mentioned money has to be made because otherwise the game wouldn't survive. Don't try to put words in my mouth.

As for not wanting to spread the game, you dont have to look far. Why is there so much media outrage about associate teams left out of the 2019 world cup? Big Three which is run by BCCI wants a 10 team tournament. You are hearing guys like Sachin and Dravid coming out speaking against this fornat. Leaving weaker teams out of the wc does that help spread the game?

Agreed. If its not about the money, then your post is spot on. I still don't believe that its just the BCCI orchestrating cricket's downfall. We are all in it together, BD voted for the Big 3 too. So take responsibility for it even if you claim that you were 'blackmailed' and you had no other alternative. You had plenty of alternatives, one being, b*tch slapping the Big 3 and walking out of ICC to form a parallel ICC. So lets please cut out the bashing because everyone had options and we chose the best for our respective boards.

You are probably the only one who dislikes/ hates BCCI because they are the reason cricket is losing but a lot of them out here are bitter about the money/ revenue sharing part as well as evident by tigerblood99's post.
Old March 17, 2015, 06:14 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
No you are right lets talk about a free lunch.

The free lunch program says you will be raking $500 million more over the next few years over Bangladesh, at the cost to Bangladesh because we will take a sharp paycut to accomodate $500 million in income to the BCCI.

The other two boards get 55 million and 13 million to fall in line and the rest get their share chopped off to tens to millions.

There is no numbers to back up a $450 million pay raise.

But bangladesh have the ICC president no?

except srinivasa (chairman) and his indian ceo, already insured that starting mustafa kamal's presidency.. The role will be ambassadorial, NOT administrative.

The ICC board is filled with Srinivasan's loyalists ensuring even an IPL fixing scandal by his son in law n part principal of a team he owned ( again changed BCCI rules not allowing administrators to have financial interest) DOES NOT result in him getting kicked off the governing body.

Listen there are no numbers to justify a coup of the ICC by the BCCI clan.

There are no numbers to justify $450 million in profits for BCCI in exchange for $560 million pay cut to 7 boards and all the world's associates.

There is no b-school spiel you can use to justify those numbers.
Dear Friend, I am not sure if you understand or knew how the ICC worked but I am going to try once again. ICC had a revenue sharing structure irrespective of the money being made/ contributed by individual boards. The world doesn't work like that, the world isn't the Grameen bank. Considering the amount of money that BCCI contributes to ICC and its events, it has all the rights to take the bigger chunk, I can definitely research more on this if you refuse to accept that we are the largest contributors to world cricket. In other words, the other boards (Barring Big 3 & Pakistan) were being bought free lunch by the BCCI in particular for too long and it was about time, it ended. In fact, I can go as far and claim that the $210 MM that the associates get is also MAJORLY from BCCI's coffers.

As I said previously and I repeat again, America has a "grant" based sharing structure and not a "profit/ revenue" sharing engagement with its allies.

I apologize there is no easier way of saying this, it does sound incredibly rude but thats just a fact.

A good businessman has to make sure that his shareholders are happy with a robust bottom-line, Finance 101.

Also, why do you think ICC is headed by an ex-BCCI president? Lets not be emotional about the whole thing please.
Old March 17, 2015, 06:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:

if its just economics 101 then you would also know that distribution of income in society is instrumental for the whole society to progress. That's the many reasons why governments exist in this day and age. In terms of cricket thats what the goal should be - helping cricket progress on all fronts. The richer getting richer and the poorer getting poorer is not the way forward and isn't beneficial for society as a whole. Actually this isnt even economics its just common sense.
Old March 17, 2015, 06:25 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Dear Friend, I am not sure if you understand or knew how the ICC worked but I am going to try once again. ICC had a revenue sharing structure irrespective of the money being made/ contributed by individual boards. The world doesn't work like that, the world isn't the Grameen bank. Considering the amount of money that BCCI contributes to ICC and its events, it has all the rights to take the bigger chunk, I can definitely research more on this if you refuse to accept that we are the largest contributors to world cricket. In other words, the other boards were being bought free lunch by the BCCI in particular for too long and it was about time, it ended.

As I said previously and I repeat again, America has a "grant" based sharing structure and not a "profit/ revenue" sharing engagement with its allies.

I apologize there is no easier way of saying this, it does sound incredibly rude but thats just a fact.

A good businessman has to make sure that his shareholders are happy with a robust bottom-line, Finance 101.

Also, why do you think ICC is headed by an ex-BCCI president? Lets not be emotional about the whole thing please.

No no i completely understand brother. I gave you DOLLAR FIGURES.

You keep saying we have the numbers, we have the numbers.

What is that number? What is the dollar figure contribution of BCCI to the total revenue pool? Say the last year? Last 2 years? Last 5 years?

Its a very simple question.

I asked you a very numbers based question.

You keep giving a rah rah speech about finance n economics.

You cant even tell me how much revenue BCCI makes
Old March 17, 2015, 06:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Agreed. If its not about the money, then your post is spot on. I still don't believe that its just the BCCI orchestrating cricket's downfall. We are all in it together, BD voted for the Big 3 too. So take responsibility for it even if you claim that you were 'blackmailed' and you had no other alternative. You had plenty of alternatives, one being, b*tch slapping the Big 3 and walking out of ICC to form a parallel ICC. So lets please cut out the bashing because everyone had options and we chose the best for our respective boards.
You are kidding right? Forget it. Its not even worth having a decent discussion. I won't be responding anymore.

I'll just say this much. Let me get this right, so when it comes to making money BCCI gets the bigger share because they make the money. But when BCCI who are clearly in control makes a decision, that is not so popular (like leaving out the associates for example) its everyone else should stand up and take responsibility. Hypocrite much.