facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old March 18, 2015, 09:48 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team
Posts: 18,705
Default Confident To Make The Semifinals

I don't kjow, but I feel confident that we are beating India pretty dominantly and Making our way to Semifinals....

Well it's not merely an empty expectation, I believe we have the strength to beat inda. India has pretty successfully masked it's weaknesses in the group stage, where they werea lmost losing with Zim, if Djoni and Raina their last hope didn't make it. Dhoni is someone, who can fall pretty unpredictably. I guess they didn't face any good batting side or bowling side to put pressure on them in group stage.

Bangladesh will expose their weakness in both batting and bowling tomorrow. The factors that will work against India and will make them lose the match:

1. The Indians will be completely surprised facing us, since they won't expect our batting and bowling to be what it is, since they will expect us to be what bunny and company saw us not so long ago.
2. They will be over confident, they are charged to do more than finishing a game professionally due to all the hype created to prove a point against BD which will create unforced errors from them,
3. Their bowling will be negotiated and ultimately blown by our batting, after what we faced against Newzealand in a much more hostile conditions.
4. Their batsmen will try to power our bowlers out and Faulter (No 1 Cause)
5. If we can take just 2/3 top order wickets, They can't hide their weakness in such high pressure game, so they will be exposed today.
6: With their bowling, if their opening pair is smacked hard, they will not know what to do...irrespective of the por bowlers, they are relatively inexperienced and bowling in unfavorable conditions...than what NZ did...so I see a huge possibility of destroying their bowling ..

When they will realize, I'm sure they won't be able to rescue the game anymore...

We have a team now and the team talks with media has been extremely balanced so far. Their approach to a big match has been pretty normal in their attitude, they behaving consistently like another game, unlike the past.. so im sure, they will play pretty cool cricket without any pressure, with both bat and ball. They will finish the game pretty surgically to win it....

So Having thought over the entire situation pretty peacefully, I feel we have a bigger chance of winning against India tomorrow...guys we will Inshalah make it to SF tomorrow.

I can see all the signs of having a fantastic match from BD perspective....I'm not over hyping, if the signs are not artificially presented, the team will play just normal cricket and the proven performers we have in the team with bat and ball, is clearly enough to beat a Inda under pressure.
__________________
[Post CWC15 Consistency Record: [B]Test: W-0 L-1 D-1/B]// ODI: W-3 L-0 // T20: W-1 L-0]
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old March 18, 2015, 09:55 AM
Kohli_Sox Kohli_Sox is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 30, 2012
Favorite Player: Abul
Posts: 3,338

poor thread at the eve of match
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old March 18, 2015, 10:18 AM
MHRAM's Avatar
MHRAM MHRAM is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 30, 2013
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Posts: 7,312

I think you are being a bit too optimistic. The game is 30-70 in favour of us so we can't really be that confident.

But yes, we got to hope.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old March 18, 2015, 10:20 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team
Posts: 18,705

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
poor thread at the eve of match
So for you, "we are going to be defeated" was a better thread on the eve of the match ?? I get it, you are already defeated at heart...so well...keep it there please...

If anyone feels that we have the ability to win tomorrow, can definitely give his reasons here...I'm not hoping a win by chance....that the match will decide..how the win will come...will see.
__________________
[Post CWC15 Consistency Record: [B]Test: W-0 L-1 D-1/B]// ODI: W-3 L-0 // T20: W-1 L-0]
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old March 18, 2015, 10:23 AM
Alvi Alvi is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 10, 2006
Posts: 285

India play the same type of game as us, and they do it better. They are heavy favourites no doubt. We have to hope that some of their players have an off-day and all of ours have a good one. Whenever we've beaten India it's because everyone (especially the batsmen) played well.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old March 18, 2015, 10:24 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team
Posts: 18,705

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
I think you are being a bit too optimistic. The game is 30-70 in favour of us so we can't really be that confident.

But yes, we got to hope.
Even before the Enland Match, odds were against us. But we could see why we had a better chance to win....depending on our strengths and opponents weaknesses.

So yes, if we can exploit our strength and imdia's weaknesses, I don't see any reason for us, not to win....
__________________
[Post CWC15 Consistency Record: [B]Test: W-0 L-1 D-1/B]// ODI: W-3 L-0 // T20: W-1 L-0]
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old March 18, 2015, 10:28 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team
Posts: 18,705

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvi
India play the same type of game as us, and they do it better. They are heavy favourites no doubt. We have to hope that some of their players have an off-day and all of ours have a good one. Whenever we've beaten India it's because everyone (especially the batsmen) played well.
Do you remember, how Zimbabwe bowlers cornered their heavy batting line up on paper? It's their last recognized pair that rescued them...our bowling attack isn't poorer than Zim, why cant the same or even better be achieved by our bowlers ? we even don't need to expect their off days...

We took off Top two of NZ, not because of their off day, the team declared it that they have a definite plan for them and they did it...so I'm sure they will have plans for indian team too...and I hope they can execute it too.
__________________
[Post CWC15 Consistency Record: [B]Test: W-0 L-1 D-1/B]// ODI: W-3 L-0 // T20: W-1 L-0]
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old March 18, 2015, 10:31 AM
bodrul bodrul is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: January 2, 2010
Favorite Player: TaMotu, GoBoy, Mashrafe
Posts: 296

If our players can remain relaxed and focused on this big occasion, and execute their plan, we have a chance. Also, BD should not give up too early if one or two small things go wrong. We have to keep the intensity up throughout.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old March 18, 2015, 10:32 AM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Posts: 30,839

It's BF's right, it's BF's life, it's BF's thread, let him do what he wanna do:

__________________
the west coast never fell off i was asleep in compton - the game
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old March 18, 2015, 10:39 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team
Posts: 18,705

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrul
If our players can remain relaxed and focused on this big occasion, and execute their plan, we have a chance. Also, BD should not give up too early if one or two small things go wrong. We have to keep the intensity up throughout.
__________________
[Post CWC15 Consistency Record: [B]Test: W-0 L-1 D-1/B]// ODI: W-3 L-0 // T20: W-1 L-0]
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old March 18, 2015, 10:41 AM
BD_TigerZ's Avatar
BD_TigerZ BD_TigerZ is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 26, 2012
Posts: 6,545

We will beat India.. Then aus.. Then whoever.. Then Germany and win the football WC too..
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old March 18, 2015, 10:43 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team
Posts: 18,705

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
It's BF's right, it's BF's life, it's BF's thread, let him do what he wanna do:

Yes..Not a Bad Song Crazy !!

Surely I will own this thread until the last ball is bowled after the match is over I'll give up the ownership, win/lose

Match thread Er here gelam here gelam, hahutash for 100 overs...is a big torture
__________________
[Post CWC15 Consistency Record: [B]Test: W-0 L-1 D-1/B]// ODI: W-3 L-0 // T20: W-1 L-0]
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old March 18, 2015, 10:45 AM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team
Posts: 18,705

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD_TigerZ
We will beat India.. Then aus.. Then whoever.. Then Germany and win the football WC too..
That's the prematch spirit we need...

Bhutan has beaten Srilanka yesterday in pre WorldCup qualifier
__________________
[Post CWC15 Consistency Record: [B]Test: W-0 L-1 D-1/B]// ODI: W-3 L-0 // T20: W-1 L-0]
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old March 18, 2015, 11:21 AM
betaar's Avatar
betaar betaar is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 24, 2004
Location: Land of the free
Favorite Player: The big hearted ones
Posts: 2,665

Can we win against India? Sure. Will we win? That's anybody's guess. But India is definitely favorite to win at 70-30 ratio. But that 30% chance can be transformed into something bigger for us and this match can be won. However, for that to happen, Bangladesh needs to do well in all 3 departments.....not just 2 out of 3.
What does do well mean in each of these departments?
In bowling: consistently put the ball at the right place.
In batting: play each ball according to the merit when things are not going well. When in charge, take the aggression to them.
In fielding: catch all that come our way and stay focused.
These are all basic stuff. But doing the basic consistently is the toughest thing to do in a game that's 7-8 hour long. Whoever can do it well, will win this match.
__________________
www.TravelAssistonBoard.com - Your friend in the clouds!!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old March 18, 2015, 12:04 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is online now
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 30,164

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Bangladesh will expose their weakness in both batting and bowling tomorrow. ....
Difficult to say when SA couldn't do it. They are much better and balanced side in Batting, Bowling, and FIELDING.

The way we keep it close is hold our catches. 100%. Then we have a game. They have to drop few as well.

It is not that can not happen. It has happened before. But the percentage is low.

Plus ICC has taylor-made pitches for them. Batting paradises.

Lets win the toss first.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old March 18, 2015, 12:16 PM
Rubu's Avatar
Rubu Rubu is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: February 15, 2004
Location: Michigan
Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza
Posts: 8,361

BANFAN, I can't feel too confident (actually at all confident) that we'll win tomorrow (today), but I can tell you this, if we do, no one's gonna stop us for the next two matches either.
__________________
সন্মানজনক পরাজয়ের চিন্তাটাই অসন্মানজনক
- The days of playing for honorable defeat is over.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old March 18, 2015, 12:18 PM
Dilscoop Dilscoop is offline
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC
 
Join Date: March 22, 2010
Posts: 13,532

Nope. No hope I tell you. Not gonna happen. We should keep our bags packed.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old March 18, 2015, 12:21 PM
cricbook cricbook is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: August 13, 2011
Location: FL, Usa
Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 3,954

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
I don't kjow, but I feel confident that we are beating India pretty dominantly and Making our way to Semifinals....

Well it's not merely an empty expectation, I believe we have the strength to beat inda. India has pretty successfully masked it's weaknesses in the group stage, where they werea lmost losing with Zim, if Djoni and Raina their last hope didn't make it. Dhoni is someone, who can fall pretty unpredictably. I guess they didn't face any good batting side or bowling side to put pressure on them in group stage.

Bangladesh will expose their weakness in both batting and bowling tomorrow. The factors that will work against India and will make them lose the match:

1. The Indians will be completely surprised facing us, since they won't expect our batting and bowling to be what it is, since they will expect us to be what bunny and company saw us not so long ago.
2. They will be over confident, they are charged to do more than finishing a game professionally due to all the hype created to prove a point against BD which will create unforced errors from them,
3. Their bowling will be negotiated and ultimately blown by our batting, after what we faced against Newzealand in a much more hostile conditions.
4. Their batsmen will try to power our bowlers out and Faulter (No 1 Cause)
5. If we can take just 2/3 top order wickets, They can't hide their weakness in such high pressure game, so they will be exposed today.
6: With their bowling, if their opening pair is smacked hard, they will not know what to do...irrespective of the por bowlers, they are relatively inexperienced and bowling in unfavorable conditions...than what NZ did...so I see a huge possibility of destroying their bowling ..

When they will realize, I'm sure they won't be able to rescue the game anymore...

We have a team now and the team talks with media has been extremely balanced so far. Their approach to a big match has been pretty normal in their attitude, they behaving consistently like another game, unlike the past.. so im sure, they will play pretty cool cricket without any pressure, with both bat and ball. They will finish the game pretty surgically to win it....

So Having thought over the entire situation pretty peacefully, I feel we have a bigger chance of winning against India tomorrow...guys we will Inshalah make it to SF tomorrow.

I can see all the signs of having a fantastic match from BD perspective....I'm not over hyping, if the signs are not artificially presented, the team will play just normal cricket and the proven performers we have in the team with bat and ball, is clearly enough to beat a Inda under pressure.
I feel that too....I can see victory here. no matter what happend.....just keep belive in them....go tigers go
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old March 18, 2015, 12:28 PM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team
Posts: 18,705

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
Can we win against India? Sure. Will we win? That's anybody's guess. But India is definitely favorite to win at 70-30 ratio. But that 30% chance can be transformed into something bigger for us and this match can be won. However, for that to happen, Bangladesh needs to do well in all 3 departments.....not just 2 out of 3.
What does do well mean in each of these departments?
In bowling: consistently put the ball at the right place.
In batting: play each ball according to the merit when things are not going well. When in charge, take the aggression to them.
In fielding: catch all that come our way and stay focused.
These are all basic stuff. But doing the basic consistently is the toughest thing to do in a game that's 7-8 hour long. Whoever can do it well, will win this match.
Right absolutely

If we play fearlessly, with freedom and do the basics right, we will surprise India. You know, big teams just need a little uncertainty be created in such a knock out matches by the unseeded teams, that can make unthinkable results...bcoz losing to BD is always a matter of additional pressure. Let's see, how it goes. I'm hopeful bcoz Bangladesh is a completely different team than it was even 6 months back...mental/attitude change is so much vissible now....can hope for the best
__________________
[Post CWC15 Consistency Record: [B]Test: W-0 L-1 D-1/B]// ODI: W-3 L-0 // T20: W-1 L-0]
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old March 18, 2015, 12:31 PM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team
Posts: 18,705

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Difficult to say when SA couldn't do it. They are much better and balanced side in Batting, Bowling, and FIELDING.

The way we keep it close is hold our catches. 100%. Then we have a game. They have to drop few as well.

It is not that can not happen. It has happened before. But the percentage is low.

Plus ICC has taylor-made pitches for them. Batting paradises.

Lets win the toss first.
SA had a couple of bad matches actually. Yes I agree, pitch is an advantage for india if that remains a pata. But with overcast conditions and chances of rain, these pitches can change its nature. Let's see.
__________________
[Post CWC15 Consistency Record: [B]Test: W-0 L-1 D-1/B]// ODI: W-3 L-0 // T20: W-1 L-0]
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old March 18, 2015, 12:31 PM
Shubho Shubho is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: September 20, 2002
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 3,245

Paablic-er maathha ta ekkere gese ga...

Koinchen dehi...amgo 27-ta khelai 24 baar ke haraise?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old March 18, 2015, 12:32 PM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team
Posts: 18,705

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
BANFAN, I can't feel too confident (actually at all confident) that we'll win tomorrow (today), but I can tell you this, if we do, no one's gonna stop us for the next two matches either.
Yes that's true, but let's go match by match
__________________
[Post CWC15 Consistency Record: [B]Test: W-0 L-1 D-1/B]// ODI: W-3 L-0 // T20: W-1 L-0]
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old March 18, 2015, 12:34 PM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team
Posts: 18,705

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Nope. No hope I tell you. Not gonna happen. We should keep our bags packed.
Yes they should be prepared for the worst while believe & play for the best but for fans, nothing to pack, here to enjoy the game...be.ieve inside that we can win, match is more enjoyable not getting cocky though
__________________
[Post CWC15 Consistency Record: [B]Test: W-0 L-1 D-1/B]// ODI: W-3 L-0 // T20: W-1 L-0]
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old March 18, 2015, 12:42 PM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team
Posts: 18,705

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
Paablic-er maathha ta ekkere gese ga...

Koinchen dehi...amgo 27-ta khelai 24 baar ke haraise?
Bhai this stat is useless for developing teams verses established team.

Now Atleast it's 24 vs 3 ... But in 2007 this was X vs 0 but we won na?

More over, this is a completely different team than we ever had...and this is the first outing of this team, where the score is 3-2 on our side in this tournament...so we are definitely one of the favorites...

People are trashing Eng for our victory over them...that makes some of us believe that We aren't good enough...but Eng has given this match every thing..because this was a do or die match...but they failed and their team wasn't bad....

We lost to NZ because we did a few serious mistakes....I don't want to repeat...even if we did one mistake less, NZ could have been down in their home condition and crowd.

Our game is supposed to be lifted as the tournament progresses....so we have all the reasons to feel that we have a good chance to win...considering our team'sability...then come to the negatives of the Indian team as I mentioed...so we actually have a good chance to win, which the stats based odds don't refllect accurately..
__________________
[Post CWC15 Consistency Record: [B]Test: W-0 L-1 D-1/B]// ODI: W-3 L-0 // T20: W-1 L-0]
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old March 18, 2015, 12:46 PM
BANFAN's Avatar
BANFAN BANFAN is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 26, 2007
Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team
Posts: 18,705

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricbook
I feel that too....I can see victory here. no matter what happend.....just keep belive in them....go tigers go


I don't believe in watching a game...with my heart saying that we will lose or thinking about the odds...will believe till the last moment that we can turn around if we are down...that's how the match is more enjoyable don't want to lose several times before losing...watch like a winner ... By the time decision comes, match is over and enjoyed it full.... So no complains...except for playing dumb if they do..
__________________
[Post CWC15 Consistency Record: [B]Test: W-0 L-1 D-1/B]// ODI: W-3 L-0 // T20: W-1 L-0]
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket