facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 27, 2015, 10:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Default The end of the Associates.

Today Richardson confimed it will be a 10 man comp for the 2019 world cup.
Ireland and Afghanistan have special one day status,but no one will play them not even bangladesh.

Zimbabwe is the only weak link 1 may get through.
They will play intercontinetal cup,but are not likely to get one dayers,unless they play themselves.
The future is bleak,and icc cutting tapp funding for nations outside the 6 one day nations that qualified for one day status is cut so bcci can have a bigger cut.

Would think now their is no pathway for world cup and t20 we will hear little of them and these nations will go from semi professional to amateurs again.
I'd say this is now the final straw that breaks the camels back.

I guess pretty much icc gone backwards now,cricket will die outside the top 10 nations and the sport will go backwards.
I guess there is always rugby union.

Old March 27, 2015, 11:09 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockley
Today Richardson confimed it will be a 10 man comp for the 2019 world cup.
Ireland and Afghanistan have special one day status,but no one will play them not even bangladesh.

Zimbabwe is the only weak link 1 may get through.
They will play intercontinetal cup,but are not likely to get one dayers,unless they play themselves.
The future is bleak,and icc cutting tapp funding for nations outside the 6 one day nations that qualified for one day status is cut so bcci "the big three" can have a bigger cut.

Would think now their is no pathway for world cup and t20 we will hear little of them and these nations will go from semi professional to amateurs again.
I'd say this is now the final straw that breaks the camels back.

I guess pretty much icc gone backwards now,cricket will die outside the top 10 nations and the sport will go backwards.
I guess there is always rugby union.
Fixed.
+++
Nothing on the Aussie or English fans and some Indian fans. It is their boards and policies.
+++
I get it. That is how imperial power works. If you could mark any words then following should marked for future references.

"The next step is to handing out charity money to few boards by BCCI, in the name of helping other nations cricket. BCCI is the only board one who gives. BCCI is the only board that gives a rats @ss in developing global cricket. What did your boards do? Why don't you comply to our rules and praise us (BCCI)?"

It doesn't take a genius to predict the obvious.
Old March 27, 2015, 11:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

ICC doing some bad policies. I hope they return from these and actually come to their senses.

Anyways, lets look at the positives. Associates will keep playing World T20 competetion. There will be world T20 qualifiers hosted by ireland and scotland. Associates who get chances in worldt20 should come with statement and show by playing at their best.
Old March 27, 2015, 04:10 PM
Cricket Legend

The T20 world cup is still 10 teams kohli sox,so nothing changed.
Its odds on Zimbabwe and bangladesh will get through,and zimbabwe are a better t20 side than bangladesh.
Old March 28, 2015, 02:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
The T20 world cup is still 10 teams kohli sox,so nothing changed.
Its odds on Zimbabwe and bangladesh will get through,and zimbabwe are a better t20 side than bangladesh.
On the contrary,I don't think Zimbabwe are a better T20 side than BD. In fact, Zimbabwe are not a better side than BD in any format.
Old March 28, 2015, 03:10 AM
Cricket Legend

How do you make that,i remember it was zimbabwe who bt australia at a t20 world cup what have bangladesh done.
Old March 28, 2015, 03:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
How do you make that,i remember it was zimbabwe who bt australia at a t20 world cup what have bangladesh done.
Gosh man. That was a long time ago, when Aussies didn't take T20 seriously. BD beat WI too you know.
Check out the rankings: http://www.espncricinfo.com/rankings...ge/211271.html
At the end of the day, BD and ZIm both suck at T20, but we are just better. Besides BD do not play that much T20 internationals to begin with. We don't like the format as much as WI do.
Old March 28, 2015, 03:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Ireland and Afghanistan were making decent progress. This will be a huge blow to both teams.
Old March 28, 2015, 03:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Yes true.

I agree neither are good enough to beat the top 8 sides,and in t20 they have a weakness with associates as does zimbabwe.
Yes the good work afghanistan has done the last 5 years has gone down the drain,as has 10 years of good work by ireland.Scotland and UAe have only recently risen through the ranks,but i really rate the scotland line up.
Old March 28, 2015, 06:20 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

Ireland should gain test status
Old March 28, 2015, 08:28 AM
Cricket Legend

They should, but will ICC politics permit?
Old March 28, 2015, 09:28 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
They should, but will ICC politics permit?
No. Funding would have to increase significantly more. Where would ICC get that money? Big three are getting a bigger share now.
Old March 28, 2015, 10:12 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

To add to this the 2012-2015 TAPP funding which gave the top Associates much needed cash and allowed us to set up our interprovincial system has been scrapped and may not be renewed when its cycle ends this year.

#meritocracy
Old March 28, 2015, 02:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

T20 wc will be 16 teams
Old March 28, 2015, 02:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

There will be 1 associate at the 2019 world cup. Zimbabwe are 0-2 against Ireland in global tournies with Taylor. They couldn't win an ODI series at home against AFG. They will have to improve markedly to make it. If Williams bounces, ZIM will struggle to compete with Hong Kong and PNG.

World T20, associates have a chance to beat both BD and ZIM.

Time for Deutrom to formally apply for Test status now!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 28, 2015, 02:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Wow some retarded decision right there. Fine if they want to make it a 10 team tournament but they better make sure that the top 4-6 associates gets to play against the bottom 2 from g10 to have a chance to qualify.
Old March 28, 2015, 03:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

"Now is a good time to secede from the Union." History is good.
Old March 28, 2015, 03:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
T20 wc will be 16 teams
16 teams*

* 6 of those teams will have crappy preliminary games only versus other low profile teams sandwiched behind warm ups between top 8 teams so as to get as little coverage as possible
Old March 28, 2015, 04:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Donal i know cricket ireland got 1.3 tp 1.5 million in tapp funding so that is scrapped,if so how much does ireland get?
Ireland got that afghanistan got the 2nd most 600/700 thou even tho they setting up a comp too.
I know ireland just signed a sponser for the interpro series.
Whats the progress of Munster as the likley 4th interpro side,isee they have a few games against the MCC.
Old March 28, 2015, 04:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Alfarqaan the qualifier is in bangladesh,pretty strong odds they will qualify,they got the qualifier for the t20 world cup,and now have the next world youth cup,seems the icc doesn't want to be embarressed by bangladesh not qualifying.
I dunno about zimbabwe or the windies will folow their progress .
Old March 28, 2015, 04:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Alfarqaan the qualifier is in bangladesh,pretty strong odds they will qualify,they got the qualifier for the t20 world cup,and now have the next world youth cup,seems the icc doesn't want to be embarressed by bangladesh not qualifying.
I dunno about zimbabwe or the windies will folow their progress .
ICC embarrassed by BD not qualifying? ICC doesn't want BD at these events that's why all this top 8 nonsense when everyone knows its the top 9 and then the rest. WI, ENG, PAK, even SL are at best marginally better than BD.

We got the events simply because we are the only team outside the top 8 that can host large tournies. And we also keep the turnstiles spinning.

Zim got the 2022 WCQ but I'm not sure how they can host a 10 team tournament with 2 grounds and a lack of hotels and infrastructure. I have a feeling ICC will shift it to IRE or UAE.

You think ZIM sans Taylor can qualifying in 2018? Even with Taylor they haven't ever beaten Ireland in a world event and also struggled at home against Afghanistan. Without Taylor away from home its going to be carnage. They had the worst bowling average out of all 14 teams at this world cup, including UAE and Scotland. Williams is staying because he hasn't received any offers. He'll be gone by 2018 unless he loses serious form, but either way ZIM are finished as a serious cricket nation. Any associate side with 2 left arm spinners will run through the Marumas and the Chigumburas in subcontinent conditions.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 28, 2015, 06:16 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Donal i know cricket ireland got 1.3 tp 1.5 million in tapp funding so that is scrapped,if so how much does ireland get?
Ireland got that afghanistan got the 2nd most 600/700 thou even tho they setting up a comp too.
I know ireland just signed a sponser for the interpro series.
Whats the progress of Munster as the likley 4th interpro side,isee they have a few games against the MCC.
Munster are definitely going to be the 4th Interpro side. Think its confirmed that next year they'll be entered into the t20 competition, if that goes well they'll go into the ODI form in 2017, and 3 day in 2018. so they wont just be thrown in, they'll be assessed and eased into it.

If TAPP is scrapped however then you'd wonder if the Interpro can even function, but I think we get additional funding as we're in the 2019 qualifying table along with Afghanistan so it shouldnt be affected. Pretty sure the ICC will consider offering it first class status either this year or 2015, hopefully it gets it as IMO it deserves it. Many Zimbabweans who thrive in Zim have either struggled or only done OK at interpro level and Zim have first class status.

Also hoping one of the t20 teams here for the qualifier plays our domestic team in warm ups to see how they fare.

Personally its vital we get that fourth team in asap, so that we can have that bit of extra depth and also compete with Zimbabwe's Logan Cup. Long term we could A) Split Leinster in half like we have Ulster as they depth is there for 2 teams IMO or B) Introduce Connaught in a few years and see how they go, but Connaught is the heart of rural Ireland and still has a way to go yet. Or better yet achieve the ultimate dream do both and have 6 teams

As Al furqaan says Zimbabwe are basically reliant totally on Williams now that Taylor's gone. Domestically you see guys there who are bossing it struggle at club level in Ireland like PJ Moor. Get the feeling its all going to come crashing down at some point.
Old March 28, 2015, 06:32 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C
Munster are definitely going to be the 4th Interpro side. Think its confirmed that next year they'll be entered into the t20 competition, if that goes well they'll go into the ODI form in 2017, and 3 day in 2018. so they wont just be thrown in, they'll be assessed and eased into it.

If TAPP is scrapped however then you'd wonder if the Interpro can even function, but I think we get additional funding as we're in the 2019 qualifying table along with Afghanistan so it shouldnt be affected. Pretty sure the ICC will consider offering it first class status either this year or 2015, hopefully it gets it as IMO it deserves it. Many Zimbabweans who thrive in Zim have either struggled or only done OK at interpro level and Zim have first class status.

Also hoping one of the t20 teams here for the qualifier plays our domestic team in warm ups to see how they fare.

Personally its vital we get that fourth team in asap, so that we can have that bit of extra depth and also compete with Zimbabwe's Logan Cup. Long term we could A) Split Leinster in half like we have Ulster as they depth is there for 2 teams IMO or B) Introduce Connaught in a few years and see how they go, but Connaught is the heart of rural Ireland and still has a way to go yet. Or better yet achieve the ultimate dream do both and have 6 teams

As Al furqaan says Zimbabwe are basically reliant totally on Williams now that Taylor's gone. Domestically you see guys there who are bossing it struggle at club level in Ireland like PJ Moor. Get the feeling its all going to come crashing down at some point.
The last few incidents makes me think Ireland will the test challenge v Zimbos in 2018 and get full member status. However, by then, your nearest competitor will be Windies. We'll probably be 7th with Pak and WI below us. So yeah, welcome to the elite league
Old March 29, 2015, 12:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
The last few incidents makes me think Ireland will the test challenge v Zimbos in 2018 and get full member status. However, by then, your nearest competitor will be Windies. We'll probably be 7th with Pak and WI below us. So yeah, welcome to the elite league
Not so quick my friend. By 2018 we will lose Mash and Tamim. Taskin will be injured like Mash by then. Our opening pair will be the victim of chopping of changing (how it was before Tamim made it his permanent spot and provided some of the best opening batting records for BD along with Imrul). Hopefully we can unearth some talent by then; or else we are doomed.
Old March 29, 2015, 12:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Ireland and Scotland can host qualifiers have done it before.
You are forgetting usa and canada as well.
Its just bang bang t20 qualfier,one day qualifier and world youth cup qualifier in bangladesh,you have to see the conspiracy.
Remember al spinning wkts benefit bangladesh.
I do agree people will come,and you will will get the crowds in bangladesh.I guess icc qant to televise the qualifier too and full crwods.
Just think ireland/scotland is a good location,and you throw in some holland crowds,you have a 3 way holding of a qualifier.Whether crowds would get out there i dunno.
Yes on a scale it looks like zimbabwe and west indies are screwed for the future,zimbabwe now selling off its assets and cars.They won't have to cover Brendon Taylor's salray now,apparently the top 4 players we're paid well why the rest we're paid pittance.

I dunno what will happen with williams he is always falling out with the board,a bit like taibu they are quite immature i think.