facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Right decision to drop Taskin?
Yes 16 80.00%
No he should have been in the squad 4 20.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 6, 2016, 07:41 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: taskin / anamul
Default is this really fair to Taskin ?

out of nowhere someone comes to play domestic cricket and does one trounament well and he gets a chance by replacing the nation most heroic odi t20 debut player taskin ahmed ? this topic is not against abu haider rony but BCB selectors are really that blind ? is imrul kayes , shuvogoto hom are really t20 player? when was the last time they proved they were t20 worthy ? taskin is recent bangladesh most wolrd cup successful bowler who could bowl easily 140 kmph plus , yesh ofcourse speed is key to fast bowler succes in internatonal arena , taskin shows what he capable of in t20 against australia in his debut , this is just a sad when he is available and fully fit but he is not being picked , bcb needs to make him ready for test match cz thats where he is gonna impact the most

and for the haters he is been picked in IPL auction among only 4 bangladeshis , this is why they always say genius knows genius , one bad trounament doesnt mean anythings when he is proven international bowler already , IPL selection comeetee is not moran lyk BD selectors smh

http://www.bdcricteam.com/2016/01/fo...ipl-9-auction/

Last edited by nynemesis; January 14, 2016 at 06:26 AM..

Old January 6, 2016, 07:50 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Oh damn had not noticed that. Taskin should have been in the squad unless there is a fitness issue
Old January 6, 2016, 08:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Yes Taskin does not deserve to be in the squad. The selectors took absolutely the right decision. He was trash in the BPL which was largely a bowler's tournament this season. If anyone should feel hard done by it's Mohammad Shahid.
Old January 6, 2016, 08:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

I couldn't stop from facepalming when saw this thread. I am a big fan of Taskin but he bowled poorly in the BPL when every freakin jodhu and modhu bowler like Abuilla and Phreza got loads of wickets.

Taskin's poor bowling largely resulted his team in losing very crucial matches that they should have won easily. And tbh, he never did anything in T20s really. He has played only a handful. Not the best bowler of yorkers and does not have a good slower ball.

And taskin's ODI exploits should not make him an automatic choice. I am glad he did not get picked based on ODI performances. Every player has to show their merit. Yes, the 14 players selected are in the squad on merit, even Hom though i am not a fan of im
Old January 6, 2016, 10:07 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

To OP,

Correction: it's not Imrul Kayes..instead he's Imrul Kayes 2.0.

I thino some experience is needed at the top order for Bangladesh. Kayes 2.0 provides a great sense of stability.
Old January 6, 2016, 10:36 AM
Cricket Sage

When people start worshipping a talented player who haven't done much in a consistent way yet...this kind of thread will pop up.

Yes Taskin is talented and yes he should have a bright future ahead of him.

Was he unfairly dropped from upcoming series? a big NO. Fitness is always an issue with him and his last performance in BPL was not that great. Taskin was not competing with Imrul or Hom, he was competing against Shahid and Rony. He lost to Rony fair and square and he should have lost to Shahid also.

Why bringing Imrul's name as if he was a miscast in T20? Have you seen Imrul in BPL? if so, how can you question his inclusion? I am not an Imrul fan.

Now the case of Hom. I can understand why people are not happy with him. But if BPL performance was considered heavily, I can see why he was selected ahead of Nasir. Whenever he played (for Comilla) most of the time he played some supporting role with either bat or ball. When he batted with few overs left, he took care of the RR. When he bowled, he was quite effective.

One of my favorite new players, Litton was dropped. But I can understand why he was dropped. I am not blind supporter.

if you open your eyes, it's not hard to understand why Rony was selected ahead of Taskin. At the end of the day, good performance should always be rewarded. may be next time, Taskin will work a little harder and make a comeback pretty soon, but its upto Taskin, not the selecter to make it happen.

btw Taskin or Nasir is not completely out of WCT20. This is a perfect series to see some alternatives, and selectors exactly did that.
Old January 6, 2016, 12:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I am happy that we have gone passed (past ?) the culture of picking players on potential or reputation .
Now players are picked based on their recent performances and the selectors do not hesitate dropping good players who haven't done well in some format in recent times.
This will force Taskin/Rubel to think about their T20 game & do the necessary.
Old January 6, 2016, 01:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

No one is a bigger fan than me (ask around). Would I pick him? Before Shakib I would . However He is not unlucky...no one cares about this format anyways...we suck and even if we won the WC, haters would say "you still suck at ODIs and Tests".

Taskin should aim to make the Test side on our next Test tour.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 6, 2016, 02:08 PM
Cricket Legend

One thing I will highlight is that T20 is a format where form is far more important than overall quality of a player. You have very short time to make an impression and if you are low on confidence you will struggle. Here you don't have time to settle and to get yourself comfortable.

We picked an in form team. Everyone picked are in good form more or less. Shabbir and Soumya didn't have a great BPL but they are two must have players in our setup

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old January 6, 2016, 05:09 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

The side has Mash, Musta, Al Amin, Rony so 4 seamers. IF we had to pick another seamer it would be Shahid. Then Taskin and Rubel comes in.

and buddy... because u didnt know, here is the breaking news of the day

Imrul Kayes= Batsman
Shuvagata Hom= Allrounder
Taskin Ahmed= Bowler

i agree cricket can be confusing at times
Old January 6, 2016, 06:29 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

I don't want to be rude but dude come on. Did you watch any of the matches he played in this BPL? He was stinking it up the whole team despite the fact that the pitches were bowling friendly. Was all over the place. At some point all I could think was about how much potential he has but he's wasting it with poor line and length. Maybe it's the injury, maybe it's nervousness idk but he needs to step it up if he wants to come back because there's just too much competition now with Musta, Rony, and Al-Amin.

As for Imrul Kayes and Shuvagata Hom, they deserved their spot based on their performances this BPL.
Old January 6, 2016, 07:31 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

What are we talking about? preliminary squad or top 15?
Old January 6, 2016, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
I am happy that we have gone passed (past ?) the culture of picking players on potential or reputation.
How did Soumia retain his place?
Old January 6, 2016, 08:18 PM

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
How did Soumia retain his place?
because nobody new really steped up to take sarkar's place, only guy who looked to take it was kayed and we all know how **** he is in int T20. and also sarkar actually scored some runs where tashkin barely got any games
Old January 6, 2016, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
also sarkar actually scored some runs where tashkin barely got any games
Amar fantasy team e oi run gula jog korsila toh?
Old January 6, 2016, 09:27 PM

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Amar fantasy team e oi run gula jog korsila toh?
what do you think saved you from becoming the new murad bhai?
Old January 6, 2016, 10:11 PM

If we can disagree peacefully for a second then let me just say that since the majority in BC support the move it probably is the right call.

I havent watched too much of BPL due to work but reading the overwhelming negative reactions here it seems Taskin bowled some terrible spells.

Personally I still believe he should have been in the squad if not in the playing 11 for basically three reasons:

1. He is a big match player and was one of the core components of our successes in 2015 until Mustafizur overshadowed everyone else. I dont think we needed to tinker with the combination we had right now. With so little time, it will now be very hard for Taskin to make a comeback for WCT20. Being dropped must have also put a dent in his confidence.

2. There is no evidence for or against Taskin that he would bowl badly in international T20s. He is just staring his career and the sample size is too small. What we know is that He has not bowled badly in international cricket and was the highest wicket taker in WC for bd. So there is no question about his bowling ability but perhaps the rythm wasnt there in BPL which is why he bowled so bad. Hence the faith we showed Soumia, who is also out of form for a long time could have been extended to Taskin keeping in mind he was coming back from injury. Perhaps Zimabwe batting would have spurred him back into form.

3. Taskin has the extra pace and he bowls well against India. Since the WC will be on the flat decks of India i feel we will need some genuine quick bowlers to press the likes of Kohli and co on the backfoot.

Ultimately Rony seems like an excellent new Talent. His yorkers in BPL were amazing to watch and so all the best to him.
Old January 7, 2016, 01:19 AM
Test Cricketer

The decision to not select Taskin was a no-brainer.

There are four FB spots in the squad. Mash and Mustafiz occupies two of them. Two of Al-Amin, Hider, and Shahid belongs in the other two, and the selectors probably picked the right two.

Taskin isn't in contention ATM.

Selections are and should be based on meritocracy, not seniority. Odd OP.
Old January 7, 2016, 04:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Taskin should NOT play limited overs and selectors took the right decision. We have to manage the workload of Taskin. He is injury prone. We need him in New Zealand later this year, in England for CT 2017 and beyond.
Old January 7, 2016, 06:45 AM
Test Cricketer

This thread is a long waited dream come true.

Sigh!
Old January 7, 2016, 06:49 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
How did Soumya retain his place?
Yes, they made an exception here, probably because Soumya was one of our best batsmn in 2015 and also he scores with an excellent strike rate.
Also unfortunately the other young batters have failed too, Bijoy,Liton,Nasir, Momin had a poor BPL, so wisely Soumya is given a chance.
Old January 7, 2016, 08:17 AM

Added a poll
Old January 7, 2016, 05:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

One bad tournament and... sigh... with fans like this, well forget the fans, with selectors like this we will never go anywhere...

To selectors,

You know you have lost your **** when you had the best chance to create a team that was winning ODIS and stick to it rather than chop and change. You have ruined our chances.

Also Al Amin in place of Taskin? Really?
Old January 7, 2016, 10:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
One bad tournament and... sigh... with fans like this, well forget the fans, with selectors like this we will never go anywhere...

To selectors,

You know you have lost your **** when you had the best chance to create a team that was winning ODIS and stick to it rather than chop and change. You have ruined our chances.

Also Al Amin in place of Taskin? Really?
Did you not watch BPL? Al Amin was amongst the highest wicket takers, Taskin barely took 3-4 wickets in the entire tournament.

I am a big fan of Taskin, most of us. We are not showing our hatred towards Taskin, we just want the best team to be fielded in T20s. He has been injury ridden too, he needs to take his time to get back into the grove. The thing is, international cricket is not a ground for players to get back into the grove, especially T20s.

In T20s the teams that perform well are those who always field a decent and INFORM eleven. Guess who won Comilla Victorians the tournament? Abu Haider Rony, Imrul Kayes and Ashar Zaidi, few months back people would laugh. But that is what form can do in T20s. LIke ODIs and Tests, bowlers and batsman alike don't have time to settle in. From ball 1 you are under pressure.

And Taskin never really displayed potential of being a quality bowler in the death overs. Doesn't have yorkers and his slower ball is not so effective. Al-Amin, Mustafiz and Rony are better exponents of that. And the mindset of picking players based on ODI performances still remain it seems, the earlier we realize ODIs and T20s are completely different, the better
Old January 8, 2016, 02:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
Did you not watch BPL? Al Amin was amongst the highest wicket takers, Taskin barely took 3-4 wickets in the entire tournament.

I am a big fan of Taskin, most of us. We are not showing our hatred towards Taskin, we just want the best team to be fielded in T20s. He has been injury ridden too, he needs to take his time to get back into the grove. The thing is, international cricket is not a ground for players to get back into the grove, especially T20s.

In T20s the teams that perform well are those who always field a decent and INFORM eleven. Guess who won Comilla Victorians the tournament? Abu Haider Rony, Imrul Kayes and Ashar Zaidi, few months back people would laugh. But that is what form can do in T20s. LIke ODIs and Tests, bowlers and batsman alike don't have time to settle in. From ball 1 you are under pressure.

And Taskin never really displayed potential of being a quality bowler in the death overs. Doesn't have yorkers and his slower ball is not so effective. Al-Amin, Mustafiz and Rony are better exponents of that. And the mindset of picking players based on ODI performances still remain it seems, the earlier we realize ODIs and T20s are completely different, the better
The first statement itself is contradictory to my point, my point was you cannot choose a player based on one tournament, or throw a player out because of one tournament. Not so long ago Taskin had a debut and look at his WC record where he was the highest wicket taker for Bangladesh, mind you he could have taken a whole lot more wickets if the catches didnt go down on his bowling.

For what it's worth, Al Amin is not a bad bowler, Taskin was coming back from an injury in BPL and it did look from far that Tamim didn't manage him well and hurt his confidence when they lost a couple of matches, granted he didn't bowl too well in BPL he still has more capabilities than Al Amin ever will.

I am all for Rony to be in the team, it gives us variety, eventhough Mustafizur and him are left armers both are quite different in style and everything. But Rubel and Taskin should definitely play the T20 WC or we are in deep trouble.

Stick to the ODI team in T20s, atleast in the bowling unit which has been doing really well. Show me one team that has a great ODI bowler who doesn't play T20. Your argument that ODI and T20s are different is only somewhat true for batting.