facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 17, 2016, 05:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
People complaining abt Mushy with gloves what will Mushy do in terms of fielding without gloves ?
He's going to have to work on his fielding then the he? The team shouldn't suffer because he is a poor fielder, if we have a better gloveman who is worthy of a spot in the XI then mushy will just have to improve his fielding iif his fielding is an issue).

Old January 17, 2016, 05:51 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: taskin / anamul

i would take nurul over liton any day as a wicket keeper , but his batting yet to be proven , long way to go kid
Old January 18, 2016, 03:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Mashrafee

Even though Mushfiq is an ok keeper with regular lapses with his keepings, one thing I like about him was the vocal feedback he used to give bowlers to motivate them. Also his appealing was very energetic. He maintained this characteristic since debut
Old January 18, 2016, 06:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Nurul really impressed during BPL 2, where CTG tried to copy Dhaka (Who Promoted Anamul Up The Order), by pushing Nurul to open.

Seemed a real gutsy character.

But it would be a serious mistake to give up on Mushfiqur. Advantage of guys like Mushfiqur, Sanga etc is the fact that they are like all rounders. Their presence both as batsman and keeper allows the team to pick an extra bowler or batsman based on the situation at hand. For instance we could have played Rony or Sunny in place of Nurul.

Of course if Nurul proves to be a better batsman than the likes of Nasir, Liton, Riyad etc, then there is pretty much no debate. But important not to rush him. Lets not forget, Nasir was one of the teams best batsmen in the early part of his career.
Old January 18, 2016, 06:53 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

We need to see what he can do with the bat. He needs to be pushed to no 4
Old January 18, 2016, 06:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Yeah no harm giving him a chance at 4. Park Riyad and Hom-they ve been given enough of chances.
Old January 18, 2016, 09:26 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Team Saudi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynemesis
but his batting yet to be proven , long way to go kid
It can't be worse than leg side liton
Old January 18, 2016, 01:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Mashrafee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modad
It can't be worse than leg side liton
It could be worse. Nurul might not be able to play either side . Only time will tell
Old January 18, 2016, 02:21 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
It could be worse. Nurul might not be able to play either side . Only time will tell
You defo didn't watch him bat...
Old January 21, 2016, 12:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Excellent batsman
Old January 21, 2016, 01:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Loved his innings yesterday. He cannot hit the big hits but can find the gaps and even innovate when needed.

I was happy to see him in the mix, now all we need is an extra aggressive batsman instead of Riad. I would take selfish anamul over riad who scored like 10 runs in 3 innings VS Zim on flat tracks
Old January 21, 2016, 01:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Nurul is the tallest wk we had.
his yelling sounds like Bijoy.
Old January 21, 2016, 01:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Nurul is the tallest wk we had.
his yelling sounds like Bijoy.
a bit but more like a crow.

And frankly speaking it was very much irritating especially in the first game. BUT, it will distract the oppositiob batsman so i shan't comment
Old December 31, 2016, 11:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

give props to this kid. Ive rated him alot wen i first saw him in the first edition of BPL. Lot of talent with the bat, can hit it and can play all around the wicket. Played poorly tho with the chances he was given in the national team but he definitely grabbed his opportunity with the scruff of the neck this time around. Only player that seemed to show guts out of everyone in the team. And has looked really comfortable doing it as well. Rotating strike with ease. hitting those singles easy and then hitting the boundaries nicely.

Funny that i watched him played superbly in the game against Thunder in Sydney and certain ppl said he cant adapt. lol he goes over to NZ and adapts fantastically with the pace and bounce in that wicket. Definitely part of the future for the BD team. Funny enough tho that he is very good fc stats so maybe test cricket is the format he will excel in alot.

Mods pls merge this thread with another thread pls. http://banglacricket.com/alochona/sh...ht=nurul+hasan
Old December 31, 2016, 11:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

For a second there, at first glance...I thought that this was an Amazing Spiderman thread lol
Old December 31, 2016, 11:55 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Nurul stepped up big time. I think he gets nervous when its required for him to play aggressive from the get go hence why we never really saw his true potential with the bat. But he's talented and I think he can be a great asset to us if we persist with him. Not only that solves our wicketkeeping problems but also gives us a great strike rotator. He was finding singles and rotating with such ease last two ODIs. We could really use him up the order because anyone that has come before Shakib and Mushy have been having a terrible time rotating in the middle.

But right now he can't really replace anyone. We are packed.
Old January 1, 2017, 01:23 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Imran Khan, Gary Sobers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tausif

But he's talented and I think he can be a great asset to us if we persist with him.
We say that about every new guy except legends like Hom/Haider.

Quote:
Not only that solves our wicketkeeping problems but also gives us a great strike rotator. He was finding singles and rotating with such ease last two ODIs. We could really use him up the order because anyone that has come before Shakib and Mushy have been having a terrible time rotating in the middle.
Completely agree; he is very Mushy-like btw in terms of keeping the score ticking, and also his annoying overishmart behavior behind stumps.

Quote:
But right now he can't really replace anyone. We are packed.
Disagree. The likes of Imrul still persist cuz of lack of alternatives. If Shanto/Saikat/Nurul step up, these guys will start noticing the fire under their butts.
Old January 1, 2017, 01:28 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Imran Khan, Gary Sobers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
give props to this kid. Ive rated him alot wen i first saw him in the first edition of BPL. Lot of talent with the bat, can hit it and can play all around the wicket. Played poorly tho with the chances he was given in the national team but he definitely grabbed his opportunity with the scruff of the neck this time around. Only player that seemed to show guts out of everyone in the team. And has looked really comfortable doing it as well. Rotating strike with ease. hitting those singles easy and then hitting the boundaries nicely.

Funny that i watched him played superbly in the game against Thunder in Sydney and certain ppl said he cant adapt. lol he goes over to NZ and adapts fantastically with the pace and bounce in that wicket. Definitely part of the future for the BD team. Funny enough tho that he is very good fc stats so maybe test cricket is the format he will excel in alot.
If he clicks consistently, ami khushi te nachmu. I've been waiting for
Litton 'Sangakkara' Das to get his **** together, but if Nuruilla can do it, and Muhy gets to focus on his batting, then
Old January 1, 2017, 02:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Probably by far the best keeper In Bangladesh at the moment by miles... can't wait to see him in tests...
Old January 1, 2017, 03:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

I turned the tv off because he kept hitting the ball to fielders, I guess he got better after I turned it off. We still need a better look at him tbh, keeping is def good though.
Old January 1, 2017, 04:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Still don't think he is technically good enough to do well as a Test batsman. He is very likely to get the gloves on the first Test as Mushfiq coming back from injury. Lets hope he will prove me wrong.
Old January 1, 2017, 05:00 PM
Cricket Guru

He's playing in the t20s I assume? Its not going to be a pretty sight, his worst format.
Old January 1, 2017, 08:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Probably by far the best keeper In Bangladesh at the moment by miles... can't wait to see him in tests...
He could also be up there as one of the best in the world. He is insanely slick, solid and agile behind the stumps.
Old January 5, 2017, 05:44 PM
Cricket Sage

He have shown enough to keep investing in him (i.e. somehow making room for him in the team).

He is already the best WK that we currently have.
He have shown good intention with the bat even at his early career.
He may have have fine-tune his batting, but it will (hopefully) happen over time.

This kind of young players (Nurual and Miraj) should continue to get chances in the nation team, not players like Tanbir who have shown potential so far.
Old January 6, 2017, 09:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

That idiot Mooshfikoor should not be allowed back in the team. Nurul has done all right, and should be persisted with the same way Mooshfeekur was persisted with back in the old old days.