facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 21, 2016, 05:46 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Default 25 men squad is announced for the upcoming tour of Asia and world cup

http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/ar...A7%81%E0%A6%B2

The team is announced for the upcoming Asia cup and world T20,
personally I believe players like Alok Kapali, Nafees, Jahirul is still need instead of all the newcomers like Ariful or Mosadeek

Old January 21, 2016, 08:36 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Nasir and Liton needs to be given another go. We need one more batsman who can hit. Bowling is pretty settled now.
Old January 21, 2016, 11:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

^Nasir and Liton have potential ahead of Riad, Imrul, Hom

Even annamul wouldnt be too bad but this is a result of a poor BPL really where our best T20 bats failed- shabbir, soumya and anamul
Old January 22, 2016, 02:52 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

anamul really ****ed up, he needs to look at al amin, work hard and make sure the selectors cant ignore him anymore
Old January 22, 2016, 03:41 AM
Cricket Legend

No doubt, he needs to work hard to earn his place.

But this is a rare opportunity for our players to spend a long camp with the coaching staff-i think close to 20 days. This would have been a great opportunity for Anamul to work with the coaches and improve his game.

Are we going to get any value by picking guys like Hom or inexperienced, uncapped players.
Old January 22, 2016, 03:54 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

doesnt help when u cant perform at the domestics.... no sympathy for him. You get dropped, you perform in domestics, you make a comeback.... no other way
Old January 22, 2016, 05:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Thank goodness that selfish drama queen got dropped..expect him to bombard fb with videos of him crying seeking sympathy like last time.

Hom, Imrul and Nasir have nothing to do here aswell I don't know how many more times they need to fail in order to get dropped. Mossadek averages 60+ in FC doesn't mean jack for T20 if if was for List A it could have been understandable. He's a grinder not a middle order 20 off 6 balls type of player.

Litton and Nurul are like for like Litton just had some terrible form and faced the very best at #3 a series like this could've been perfect for him to settle.in but they continue with uselles players with no futures or promise.

Riyad is useless if you can't hit at 5 not point having him there rather Muktar lower down the order who can clear the ropes and bowl a few overs.

As for the XI the opening is settled and Sabbir Imo needs some protection because of he goes I see us not getting close to the target so get Mushy set and and other hitters can bat around him as he's our our best bat. Litton, Nurul and Mash should be able to clear the ropes but again reliance will be on our top order to get us very close because we don't have the muscle to get a 60+ of the last 5. Mustafiz, Mash are settled with shak the 3rd option I'd go with Al Amin as he some experience in this format and can bowl at death and for last option Its a toss up between Rony/Taskin/Sunny/Muktar.

My XI for Asia Cup and WC

Tamim
Soumya
Mushfiq
Sabbir
Shakib
Nurul
Litton
Mash
Mustafiz
Al Amin
Rony
Old January 22, 2016, 08:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD_TigerZ
Thank goodness that selfish drama queen got dropped..expect him to bombard fb with videos of him crying seeking sympathy like last time.

Hom, Imrul and Nasir have nothing to do here aswell I don't know how many more times they need to fail in order to get dropped. Mossadek averages 60+ in FC doesn't mean jack for T20 if if was for List A it could have been understandable. He's a grinder not a middle order 20 off 6 balls type of player.

Litton and Nurul are like for like Litton just had some terrible form and faced the very best at #3 a series like this could've been perfect for him to settle.in but they continue with uselles players with no futures or promise.

Riyad is useless if you can't hit at 5 not point having him there rather Muktar lower down the order who can clear the ropes and bowl a few overs.

As for the XI the opening is settled and Sabbir Imo needs some protection because of he goes I see us not getting close to the target so get Mushy set and and other hitters can bat around him as he's our our best bat. Litton, Nurul and Mash should be able to clear the ropes but again reliance will be on our top order to get us very close because we don't have the muscle to get a 60+ of the last 5. Mustafiz, Mash are settled with shak the 3rd option I'd go with Al Amin as he some experience in this format and can bowl at death and for last option Its a toss up between Rony/Taskin/Sunny/Muktar.

My XI for Asia Cup and WC

Tamim
Soumya
Mushfiq
Sabbir
Shakib
Nurul
Litton
Mash
Mustafiz
Al Amin
Rony
You have 3 wicket keepers in that side.

Al amin is going to get thrashed like there is no tomorrow, he is definitely not going to make the final cut.

I agree somewhat to the squad but number 3 has been owned by Shabbir and I don't see that spot wiggling a tad bit for a long time.

Bowling attack should be attacking and be Mash (can't leave him and adds firepower to batting), Mustafizur, Taskin and Rony. WIll be one of the best as I said in the match thread.

Batting needs a serious think because we need a powerful batsman to come into the fray.

Batting lineup will be something like:

Tamim
Shoummya
Shabbir
Mushfique
Shakib
Riyad
Nurul
4 bowlers

You can expect to see this as the final squad for the coming WC. If we want more batting depth Taskin/Rony will make way for a bowling allrounder, but honestly, anyone coming in at 8/9 will just slog and we don't have one good slogger in the whole of Bangladesh except Mash probably.

The team needs to play as a whole unit, plan innings from 1-6, 7-11, 12-14, 15-20 overs period.

Again, I am all for the having Nasir in the team again, lets face the facts, he brings urgency to the field and is a damn good fielder. And his offspin can provide rich dividends in India. I don't know what the team management is thinking but he should be taken in as a bowling allrounder atm in T20s. If he scores 15 runs off 7 balls its a bonus. Hope they understand his need in the team.
Old January 23, 2016, 02:14 AM
Cricket Legend

^what makes you think al amin will get thraahed? Check his record before making such statements. He has even last wt20
Old January 23, 2016, 02:21 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: taskin / anamul

this is best xi should be after BPL and zimbawe and if u consider international level performance FOR ASIA CUP AND T20 WORLD CUP NO DOUBT

1# TAMIM IQBAL
2# SOMUYA SARKAR
3# SABBIR RAHMAN
4# MAHMUDULLAH RIYAD (SHOULD BE CAPTAIN INCASE MASH IS INJURED )
5# MUSFIQUR RAHIM
6# SAKIB AL HASAN
7# NURUL HOSSAIN
8# MASHRAFFIE MORTAZA
9# AL AMIN HOSSAIN
10# MUSTAFIUR RAHMAN
11# TASKIN AHMED
Old January 23, 2016, 03:27 AM
Cricket Legend

^That is a good team but once again, a team of malnourished players who can't hit a full toss for a six even if their life depended on it. I suggest they spend more time on the gym working on their muscles. I am talking about the batsman, quicker bowlers should do more cardio and less stress on their upper body muscle which is the case with Taskin
Old January 26, 2016, 12:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

according to prothom alo--jubair hossain recalled to the squad

dont know whats wrong with selector. the guy who cant find a team in BPL, where more than 100 player are selected and all of a sudden , he is in the national team

http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/ar...্বাস
Old January 26, 2016, 05:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I read somewhere that Nannu said there wont be much change between the Asia cup team and T20 cup team and that there will be a 15 men squad with 4 pacers.
Nannu also said Tamim will play Asia cup.
Old February 2, 2016, 01:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Default Tigers' World T20 squad submitted

Tigers' World T20 squad submitted

After Papon comes back, 15-member team will be released.

The rumor is:

- Besides Mashrafee and Mustafiz, there will be Al-Amin, Rony and Taskin
- Nurul is there
- Hom over Nasir.
- Three Spinners: Sakib, Sunny and Hom

So most likely: Tamim, Imrul, SS, Rahim, Riyad, Sakib, Sabbir, Mashrafee, Mustafiz, Rony, Al-Amin, Taskin, Sunny & Hom. Who is the 15th?
Old February 2, 2016, 01:38 PM
BC Editorial Team

I can't agree with Hom over Nasir. And if fit, Rubel should get in ahead of Taskin.
Old February 2, 2016, 03:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
I can't agree with Hom over Nasir. And if fit, Rubel should get in ahead of Taskin.
Taskin has ability in the format which Rubel does not. They could both go for 0-50 from their 4 overs, but only one can make Warner or Finch swing and miss REPEATEDLY and only go for a run a ball.

And that ain't Rubel.

In ODIs they are even. Taskin takes key wickets, whereas Rubel is a clutch performer who can close it out with a yorker (which Taskin may also be able to do).

In Tests Rubel is worse than Sharapova, both child abuser and the leggy Russian hottie.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 2, 2016, 03:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Nurul is our only chink in the batting line-up, but its been musical chairs with that spot between him, Liton and Nasir.
Old February 2, 2016, 03:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
anamul really ****ed up, he needs to look at al amin, work hard and make sure the selectors cant ignore him anymore
Lol remember that interview right before the WC when he was criticized for his inability to rotate strike and eat up dot balls. His reply was something around the lines 'this is how I bat idc, as long as we score 250'

Then he got injured and SS took his spot, and the rest was history.
Old February 2, 2016, 11:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

There is no role for Mashrafee in the T20 squad. He can be an advisor. We should get rid of him and get someone that can either contribute with ball or bat... Make mahmudullah captain.

ODI is different story. t20 he is just wasting a spot that shakib gives us...
Old February 3, 2016, 02:44 AM
BC Editorial Team

agree with Orphy
Old February 3, 2016, 02:57 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by taklima_naj
http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/ar...A7%81%E0%A6%B2

The team is announced for the upcoming Asia cup and world T20,
personally I believe players like Alok Kapali, Nafees, Jahirul is still need instead of all the newcomers like Ariful or Mosadeek

Nafis, Zahirul are both junks for any format in the national team. Alok probably could be recycled. Anamul is a selfish guy and unable to correct his problems.

I remember all the arguments we had when people were going nuts on Anamul being the next big thing for Bangladesh and made the case for him to be in the national team. He's the perfect example why we shouldn't draft players directly from U19 level. Players must be allowed to perform in domestic consistently before debut, unless he's a tendulkar or SAH.

We have enough players to choose from. BPL should be a good basis for selecting T20 team.

Mash still is important to lead & strategize, even 4 poor overs don't hurt and we have enough bowlers to share 2 of his overs too. But leadership is so important.
Old February 3, 2016, 03:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Hom making the final 15 will be depressing! Easiest free ride one can ever get.
Old February 3, 2016, 05:08 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Nasir over Hom anyday.
Nasir's fielding alone can make difference in a t20 match.
Old February 3, 2016, 07:24 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sidhu

just checked now, Nasir did not make a 50 in last 55 Intl maches - be it test/t20 or ODI. I would think he is only player in the world who gets picked in these era without doing anything.

Last 2 years Nasir played 18 T20i and made 174 runs. 0 fifty - never more than 150 strike rate - 13 avg @ 110 strike rate.

To me he is just blocking a position in T20.
Old February 3, 2016, 12:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiriket
just checked now, Nasir did not make a 50 in last 55 Intl maches - be it test/t20 or ODI. I would think he is only player in the world who gets picked in these era without doing anything.

Last 2 years Nasir played 18 T20i and made 174 runs. 0 fifty - never more than 150 strike rate - 13 avg @ 110 strike rate.

To me he is just blocking a position in T20.
So is Hom !!