facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 11, 2016, 05:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Default Team management to be blamed?

First of all, i watched the entire match vs SA, Nepal and today as well and was thoroughly impressed by our boys. Today they showed a lot of character as well. I think they deserve some applause

But i can't still get over the fact that in such a short period of time the team management has made such blemishes

1) Why will you want your top order to face WI pace attack which is arguably the best. Whose bright idea was it to bat first? Every jodhu modhu knew that Saif, Pinak, two able batsman but off-form are not going to last long in these conditions. WI batted 2nd against Pakistan and won comfortably

2) Why not give overs to Rana when he had 3 overs left, but you would rather bowl Nazmul Shanto? And even more, why not finish off Rana and Shaiffudin's overs earlier when they were more than capable of taking wickets when Mosabbek and Saeed didn't look threatening.

Not taking away credit from WI, they deserved to be the finals but I think our think tank(captain inclusive) made some huge blinders.

Old February 11, 2016, 05:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Oh come on, did we really need a thread for this?
Old February 11, 2016, 05:59 AM
Cricket Guru

If Nazmul and Shaif's quotas were finished earlier, who would bowl the last 10? Spinners? They would have just been milked or slogged (not that it matter anyways, Nazmul wasn't even bowled)
Old February 11, 2016, 06:03 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

We are choker at this level. It was supposed to happen at one point or another.
Old February 11, 2016, 06:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

There is only one decision everyone will be talking about be rest assured! The decision to bat first. West Indies must have thought oh what a gift, thank you bangladesh. I had predicted 50-3 by 18, they were 58-3 in 12 overs. I mean it is just plain stupidity, Bashar did this once and lost his captaincy, so did Shakib.. This decision is obviously the team management one and every single person who knows cricket will condemn this.

There were too many factors that led to this though....
- persisting with saif, which was just unacceptable.
- rbw of Pinak is just atrocious.
- Shawon's fielding was the worst I have seen for a long time from a Bangladeshi fielder, can't throw, can't catch, cant even collect the ball properly. WI were just picking him and milking singles.
- The field set was very very defensive. Too many singles were leaked.
- Didn't really expect anything from the batting because the overcast condition, coupled with low light and fresh legs of the fastest bowlers in the tourney only meant one thing.
- We couldn't bat in the second innings again because of the toss because the wicket looked just flat and no turn with better batting condition all around.
- The overall defensive strategy of going with the so called spin options and blockathons. We have grown out of this, the brand of Bangladeshi cricket the national team plays every now and then is the real Bangladeshi brand. You go to any street corner, players bowl fast and they score fast. It is the Bangladeshi way. New Zealand has recently gone through a cricketing revolutution because they can identify with their cricket team as the national team is playing how they envisage New zealanders play cricket. Until and unless we find the Bangladeshi way we aint gonna win ****!

That being said, I am proud of these boys. Noone can say they didn't try hard enough or they are not passionate enough. My heart goes out to the boys, they must be really really sad today, also a lot of them will graduate out of the Under 19s. My advice to the selectors, keep an eye for Shafiuddin, Miraz, Shanto and to an extent Rana and Joyraz. The sheer dearth of pace allrounders will mean we can probably expect to see Shaif in the national team in 2 or 3 years. Miraz should be in by then as well.
Old February 11, 2016, 06:07 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

The way we do things are all "mukhosto bidda". Thats why we keep spreading the field and allow the milking of singles and save strike bowlers for the death overs while opposition takes the game away during the middle overs. Miraz tried hard as a player. He doesnt have Steve Waugh or Fleming to guide him on cpataincy. So obviously he knows the set template. Bowl spin spin and spin and squeeze the runs and wait for brain farts from opposition. WI today had a game plan..they hit us so much at the start that we never recovered from it, or i should say, we didnt have the tactical knowledge to buy ourselves couple of wickets in the middle through Saif. When opposition puts on 70 in 11 overs you should know that there is no other option but to go for wickets. But we followed the usual template of trying to choke the runs which never happened. Saifuddin got the wickets but it was a little too late. Scoreboard will show it was close but actually it wasnt. WI didnt take any risk and thats why it was close.
Old February 11, 2016, 06:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Our team management also overestimate our spinners greatly, could have dropped Sarkar and Mossabbek and brought in 2 extra pacers.
Old February 11, 2016, 06:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
If Nazmul and Shaif's quotas were finished earlier, who would bowl the last 10? Spinners? They would have just been milked or slogged (not that it matter anyways, Nazmul wasn't even bowled)
now i am no expert but it is commonsense to realize that the match was never going to go to the last over so if we had bowled our better bowlers up front we could have got the wickets and yes, if necessary the spinners could have strangled them.

No I am not asking Saifuddin to bowl all his overs in one go, but bowl them in spells should he be able to provide breakthrough.
Old February 11, 2016, 06:13 AM

Quote:
The idea is you risk finishing your strike bowlers for the wickets because if the game goes to the last 10 then with a 220 total we would lose either way. So you gamble early.
Old February 11, 2016, 06:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
The idea is you risk finishing your strike bowlers for the wickets because if the game goes to the last 10 then with a 220 total we would lose either way. So you gamble early.
Yeh, that is why I kept saying we needed at least one extra pacer after Nepal game and seeing the state of our spinners. Going in with 5 spinners is overkill.
Old February 11, 2016, 06:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
The way we do things are all "mukhosto bidda". Thats why we keep spreading the field and allow the milking of singles and save strike bowlers for the death overs while opposition takes the game away during the middle overs. Miraz tried hard as a player. He doesnt have Steve Waugh or Fleming to guide him on cpataincy. So obviously he knows the set template. Bowl spin spin and spin and squeeze the runs and wait for brain farts from opposition. WI today had a game plan..they hit us so much at the start that we never recovered from it, or i should say, we didnt have the tactical knowledge to buy ourselves couple of wickets in the middle through Saif. When opposition puts on 70 in 11 overs you should know that there is no other option but to go for wickets. But we followed the usual template of trying to choke the runs which never happened. Saifuddin got the wickets but it was a little too late. Scoreboard will show it was close but actually it wasnt. WI didnt take any risk and thats why it was close.
This is where Miznur Rahman is to be blamed. It was his responsibility to guide Miraz.

No doubt Miraz is a quality player, but he is 18 years old and is the second coming of Mushy the captain. A coach has to do something about it. But no, you don't expect this from the same coach who asked his off-form openers to face the aggressive west indies attack
Old February 11, 2016, 06:21 AM
Cricket Guru

^ Coach is probably the person who gave the green light on Saif to play at a sr of 30
Old February 11, 2016, 06:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Yeh, that is why I kept saying we needed at least one extra pacer after Nepal game and seeing the state of our spinners. Going in with 5 spinners is overkill.
I think the other pacer was not really effective so it was understandable

Sanjit Saha had he not been banned could have made ah huge difference. He was carrying the load of the bowling alongside Saleh and now it was a massive blow that he was ousted.
Old February 11, 2016, 06:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
^ Coach is probably the person who gave the green light on Saif to play at a sr of 30
That was all that took me to judge that he is rubbish. No coach in the world will ask any young talented batsman to play dots after dots. From what I saw today, Saif has potential but coach just ruined him.

Now this is exactly why I am a big fan of fasttracking these talented players in national team. They don't have to face this kind of nonsense. They will be groomed well by the seniors and professional coaching staffs.
Old February 11, 2016, 06:27 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
I think the other pacer was not really effective so it was understandable

Sanjit Saha had he not been banned could have made ah huge difference. He was carrying the load of the bowling alongside Saleh and now it was a massive blow that he was ousted.
Rana had figures of 10-0-30-1 last game, on a flat pitch.

Team management has themselves to blame for Saha, should have known earlier he was chucking.
Old February 11, 2016, 06:39 AM

Strike bowlers are an absolute must to win tight games. If you have a big total then our traditional dudhvaat spinners can choke the opposition and win games but not with below par totals like we had today. We needed the Taskins or Rubels to hit them hard early and during the middle all the time with the field up and slips in place. For below par totals stopping singles is more important than boundaries. Boudaries require an expansive stroke which could also bring a wicker but a stroke to long off or long on for a single is risk less. Intelligent captains make life harder for new batsman to get off the mark while defending totals and they also go for the kill when there is is still a sizable target to defend. If you need 10 runs off 10 balls even wasim akram wont be able to save you. But with 100 to get..thats when a Wasim Akram can make a huge difference if u bring him on.
Old February 11, 2016, 06:42 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

These are kids. They will learn from their mistakes in sha Allah. No need to play blaming game. Move on to nats team if you wanna play blaming games...
Old February 11, 2016, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
That was all that took me to judge that he is rubbish. No coach in the world will ask any young talented batsman to play dots after dots. From what I saw today, Saif has potential but coach just ruined him.

Now this is exactly why I am a big fan of fasttracking these talented players in national team. They don't have to face this kind of nonsense. They will be groomed well by the seniors and professional coaching staffs.
I agree and also why did we pay Stuart Law?. The batting was so poor.
Old February 11, 2016, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadim
These are kids. They will learn from their mistakes in sha Allah. No need to play blaming game. Move on to nats team if you wanna play blaming games...
No one is blaming anyone. When you fail it is important to assess your failure or else you will make the same mistake again and again
Old February 11, 2016, 06:47 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
He is the advisor. Not sure what that means.

We need get a proper coach for batting, bowling and fielding for academy and allow these kids to develop their game.

At this level, our kids are as good as any other team but due to lack of teachers after u19, they fade away or don't develop much as opposed to England, Aus, SA or India
Old February 11, 2016, 06:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
No the batting was not poor. If you look at the batsman, barring Joyraj sheikh(his technique against pacers was poor) the batsman didn't look out of touch. Batsman looked techinically good.

However, dont forget that batting 2nd is much easier. We batted first on 3 occassions. IN the other occasions we scored around 280 runs for the loss of 6 wickets(chasing). So yes, chasing is easier, defending NOT.

Honestly, if Bangladesh batted 2nd we would have won. Rana and Saifuddin would have been handful against WI top order
Old February 11, 2016, 09:43 AM

I thought batting was very poor apart from Shanto, Miraz and Jayraj. Our strike rates were poor and running was poor also. There should be an investigation into how a guy like Saif gets the opening spot in bd u19 team. Also think tank needs to answer after winning the toss the decision to bat first against WI pacers. Why do we always defy common sense when it comes to tosses. People say these kids will learn and get better. I doubt it.. our players peak early but never mature or develop. Nobody will go through a transformation like Kane Williamson, Joe Root or a Steve Smith. Tamim Shakib has played 10 yrs now... while they do kniw how to play more shots you wouldnt say they really became matured and better as cricketers.

Saifuddin was impressive and so was Miraz and Shanto. To bad Shanto failed when it mattered most. Pinak looks Ashraful 2.0. Plus his fitness will be a bigger issue with age.
Old February 11, 2016, 10:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Well one thing for sure batting was never a strong suit for Bangladesh. We have not unearthed a single world class batsman in our history.

We don't have role models. Mushfiq is becoming one, but otherwise we don't have someone like Dravid or Lara to look up to.
Old February 11, 2016, 10:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
I thought batting was very poor apart from Shanto, Miraz and Jayraj. Our strike rates were poor and running was poor also. There should be an investigation into how a guy like Saif gets the opening spot in bd u19 team. Also think tank needs to answer after winning the toss the decision to bat first against WI pacers. Why do we always defy common sense when it comes to tosses. People say these kids will learn and get better. I doubt it.. our players peak early but never mature or develop. Nobody will go through a transformation like Kane Williamson, Joe Root or a Steve Smith. Tamim Shakib has played 10 yrs now... while they do kniw how to play more shots you wouldnt say they really became matured and better as cricketers.

Saifuddin was impressive and so was Miraz and Shanto. To bad Shanto failed when it mattered most. Pinak looks Ashraful 2.0. Plus his fitness will be a bigger issue with age.
Why do you think players like Kane, Root and Smith become the way they are? It's the system. Hate to say this but Bangladesh for the most part will always rely on their raw talent. Australia, England, South Africa, NZ and India will always have the superior systems in place. We have to with it
Old February 11, 2016, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Why do you think players like Kane, Root and Smith become the way they are? It's the system. Hate to say this but Bangladesh for the most part will always rely on their raw talent. Australia, England, South Africa, NZ and India will always have the superior systems in place. We have to with it
I disagree. I would argue that despite the vast difference in the standard of the system, a young Tamim coming through was actually better than Joe Root coming into international cricket. These guys matured after walking into international cricket while our cricketers stagnated