facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old February 17, 2016, 05:28 PM
Mas_UK25's Avatar
Mas_UK25 Mas_UK25 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 15, 2015
Location: UNITED KINGDOM
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
Posts: 6,058
Default Your Starting XI for Asia Cup T20?? | 2016 Bangladesh

First match on the 24th, Opener against India. What is your starting 11?

Since our best opener is going to be missing due to personal reason. His replacement in Kayes does not fill me up with excitement at all. So, I'm more willing to try someone else to open with Soumya Sarkar instead.
My XI in the first game:
Soumya
Sabbir
Mushy/Mithun
Shakib
Mithun/Mushy
Mahmudullah
Nasir
Mortaza
Abu Hider
Alamin
Taskin

Yes no specialist spinner, as there already Shakib, Nassir, Mahmudullah there to give the spin options. And I think Sunny will be not much of use anyway. So I'm going with 4pacers.




PS.
None BD fans can also post their selection of Starting XI for their team(s) too, on this thread. This isn't specifically for a particular match, so any one can take part, and use this thread to name and dicuss about your preferred starting XI of your team, for all of any match in the Asia Cup.
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old February 17, 2016, 05:48 PM
tanvir_nus's Avatar
tanvir_nus tanvir_nus is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 17, 2005
Location: the heart of the tiger
Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing
Posts: 2,783

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
First match on the 24th, Opener against India. What is your starting 11?

Since our best opener is going to be missing due to personal reason. His replacement in Kayes does not fill me up with excitement at all. So, I'm more willing to try someone else to open with Soumya Sarkar instead.
My XI in the first game:
Soumya
Sabbir
Mushy/Mithun
Shakib
Mithun/Mushy
Mahmudullah
Nasir
Mortaza
Abu Hider
Alamin
Taskin

Yes no specialist spinner, as there already Shakib, Nassir, Mahmudullah there to give the spin options. And I think Sunny will be not much of use anyway. So I'm going with 4pacers.




PS.
None BD fans can post their selection of XI for their team(s) too, on this thread. This isn't specifically for a particular match, so any one can take part, and use this thread to name and dicuss about your preferred starting XI of your team, for all of any match in the Asia Cup.
I like the squad, but where is Mustafizur bro? Shabbir should be at number 3 because he has performed well there, only change I can see is Mithun opening. And our only big hitter Mashrafe needs to play some balls at the top, he can make a difference of 20 runs and that's huge.
__________________
Taskin Ahmed Tazim : 143 KPH - 18 years - Against Aussies - 1st April, 2014
148 KPH - 20 years - Against Pak At Dhaka - 2nd March 2016
150 KPH - Coming Soon.. Will be the first Bangladeshi
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old February 17, 2016, 07:18 PM
Mas_UK25's Avatar
Mas_UK25 Mas_UK25 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 15, 2015
Location: UNITED KINGDOM
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
Posts: 6,058

forgot Mustaf. He would be number 11. Taskin misses out.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old February 17, 2016, 07:18 PM
Rinathq's Avatar
Rinathq Rinathq is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Posts: 6,223

looks like,

Soumya
Mithun
Shabbir
Riyad
Mash
Mushy
Shakib
Arafat
Al Amin
Mustafizur
Taskin

Sunny must play. Based on Shakibs bowling form, we need a full time spinner. Not relying on Nasir, Riyad and Shabbir either. I dont believe in using part timers in T20. 1 over can be the difference between a win or loss. The only time part timers can come in is when a full timer fails terribly. But 2-4 overs should never be prebooked for part timers. Its simply suicidal.

Want Mash to bat as early as possible. He bats too low to get a chance to bat. But he is probably the biggest striker of the ball and if he bats earlier, we have a shot of posting a higher total then we would.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old February 17, 2016, 07:22 PM
Mas_UK25's Avatar
Mas_UK25 Mas_UK25 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 15, 2015
Location: UNITED KINGDOM
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
Posts: 6,058

Mash has to be the floating batsmen depending on the situation he has to come in early if its needed for a quick push to up the run rate.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old February 17, 2016, 07:31 PM
Mas_UK25's Avatar
Mas_UK25 Mas_UK25 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 15, 2015
Location: UNITED KINGDOM
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
Posts: 6,058

Well, I didnt know Mithun has opened or can open. If he can the it be better to have left right combo at top, not just that reason I genuinely just dont fancy Kaedge batting with Soumya, cause I can sense how it will turn out he will swing and miss, edge a few sneaky fours, but miss a alot will be putting pressure on Soumya, unless he departs early.

No seen much of Mithun, not that I can remember but surely cant be any worse than Kayes.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old February 17, 2016, 08:22 PM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 12,959

Arafat Sunny will be murdered by India if he plays. Dudh Vaat spin wont work against subcontinental teams. We have to go with pace like we did last odi series. Taskin Al Amin Mustafizur and Mash are my specialist bowlers. Shakib the lone spinner supported by Ryad and Nasir
__________________
vacant slot
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old February 17, 2016, 09:42 PM
Rinathq's Avatar
Rinathq Rinathq is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Posts: 6,223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Arafat Sunny will be murdered by India if he plays. Dudh Vaat spin wont work against subcontinental teams. We have to go with pace like we did last odi series. Taskin Al Amin Mustafizur and Mash are my specialist bowlers. Shakib the lone spinner supported by Ryad and Nasir
you think Shakib, Riyad and Nasir wont get murdered?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old February 17, 2016, 09:47 PM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 12,959

They will too. But we need them as batsman. The point is Sunny doesnt add any value to the current spin lineup. If Shakib gets murdered then so will sunny. Our pacers have more variety. Al Amin brings the left arm angle, Taskin brings raw pace, Mustafizur having all the variations and Mash holding things steady.
__________________
vacant slot
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old February 17, 2016, 09:58 PM
Rinathq's Avatar
Rinathq Rinathq is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Posts: 6,223

no issue with the pace department. But seeing Shakibs recent bowling, I actually think Sunny will be better then Shakib on current form.

In the end, I guess it all depends on the surface thats being prepared. For the conventional flat and low wicket, Sunny and Shak will both be a waste of slot.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old February 17, 2016, 10:30 PM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 12,959

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
no issue with the pace department. But seeing Shakibs recent bowling, I actually think Sunny will be better then Shakib on current form.

In the end, I guess it all depends on the surface thats being prepared. For the conventional flat and low wicket, Sunny and Shak will both be a waste of slot.
No doubt Shakib's bowling form is a major worry. Against India traditionally opposition spinners struggle. I think their middle order will feast on our non threatening spinners by skipping down the track at every opportunity. I firmly believe we should play to our strength and keep faith in our pace department which i rate as the best among all subcontinental sides at the moment. The wicket should have pace and bounce. We did well in Australia and so there is nothing to fear.

What the think-tank will do is a different story. Most times we struggle even with basics such as what to do after winning the toss. Yes I am still not over that toss decision by Miraj
__________________
vacant slot
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old February 17, 2016, 11:54 PM
tonmoy.dhaka tonmoy.dhaka is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 17, 2016
Posts: 855

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
No doubt Shakib's bowling form is a major worry. Against India traditionally opposition spinners struggle. I think their middle order will feast on our non threatening spinners by skipping down the track at every opportunity. I firmly believe we should play to our strength and keep faith in our pace department which i rate as the best among all subcontinental sides at the moment. The wicket should have pace and bounce. We did well in Australia and so there is nothing to fear.

What the think-tank will do is a different story. Most times we struggle even with basics such as what to do after winning the toss. Yes I am still not over that toss decision by Miraj
Agree that pace should be our mode of attack.
However disagree with the inclusion of Al-Amin...
I think mustafiz Taskin and Abu-Haider are all better bowlers than Al-Amin

I would also open with Sohan and Soumya and Play Nasir at Number 7. To be honest I am not a big fan of mithun and kayes.

Finally, Arafat Sunny has lost his form since the T20's against pakistan . He is struggling for a while. He wasn't at his best in the BPL. Personally I feel Saqlain Sajib is the best sla spinner in Bangladesh but he is never given a chance by selectors
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old February 18, 2016, 12:02 AM
tanvir_nus's Avatar
tanvir_nus tanvir_nus is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 17, 2005
Location: the heart of the tiger
Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing
Posts: 2,783

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka
Agree that pace should be our mode of attack.
However disagree with the inclusion of Al-Amin...
I think mustafiz Taskin and Abu-Haider are all better bowlers than Al-Amin

I would also open with Sohan and Soumya and Play Nasir at Number 7. To be honest I am not a big fan of mithun and kayes.

Finally, Arafat Sunny has lost his form since the T20's against pakistan . He is struggling for a while. He wasn't at his best in the BPL. Personally I feel Saqlain Sajib is the best sla spinner in Bangladesh but he is never given a chance by selectors


Rony can be a revelation in this series. And the prospect of seeing Taskin Rony and Mustafizur together is just mouth watering. It could be one hell of an attack if they are at their best and click.
__________________
Taskin Ahmed Tazim : 143 KPH - 18 years - Against Aussies - 1st April, 2014
148 KPH - 20 years - Against Pak At Dhaka - 2nd March 2016
150 KPH - Coming Soon.. Will be the first Bangladeshi
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old February 18, 2016, 12:12 AM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 12,959

I think all these guys are good options. We have more options in pace especially when Rubel gets back into fitness. Abu Hyder certainly bowls great yorkers but it would be harsh to drop Al Amin who has delivered for us consistently. Hyder is young and we can wait on him a bit more before rushing him in front of Kohli Raina and co.
__________________
vacant slot
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old February 18, 2016, 12:19 AM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 12,959

Prospect of watching a new player is always exciting but we must not give in to that temptation. We were once excited by Anamul and Liton too and it is important to not forget them and go for Miraz Mosaddek right now. I am against players who has had plenty of opportunities and yet failed to play that career defining innings for BD. But I feel sad for relative new comers such as Liton and Anamul for what has happened to both. In the t20 version both players could have been a vital cog in out batting.
__________________
vacant slot
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old February 18, 2016, 12:26 AM
tanvir_nus's Avatar
tanvir_nus tanvir_nus is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 17, 2005
Location: the heart of the tiger
Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing
Posts: 2,783

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Prospect of watching a new player is always exciting but we must not give in to that temptation. We were once excited by Anamul and Liton too and it is important to not forget them and go for Miraz Mosaddek right now. I am against players who has had plenty of opportunities and yet failed to play that career defining innings for BD. But I feel sad for relative new commers such as Liton and Anamul for what has happened to both. In the t20 version both players could have been a vital cog in out batting.
It's upto the players to make it count. I have been a supporter of Liton too and honestly I love his no fear attitude and his compact technique (barring the fact he doesn't play those cover drives too often) but it's foolish to think all our favourite players are going to play for Bangladesh all the time. This place should be hard earned, but yes they should be given opportunity as well. For me, Liton shouldn't have been rushed to the T20 side as he is mainly a longer format batsman. Once he failed in ODIs and then BPL it just snowballed to where it is now and his confidence is the lowest probably at this point.

There are newer players coming in all the time. Mashrafe will retire soon and we already have a backup in Shaifuddin. Ryad, Nasir, Shakib already have Miraz Mosaddek waiting to take over. Mushfique already has Anamul, Liton and now Sohan waiting. So every player needs to perform when they are given the chance, show us what you can do and win the matches for Bangladesh. If you can't perform at the international level win us matches then you should not play, simple.
__________________
Taskin Ahmed Tazim : 143 KPH - 18 years - Against Aussies - 1st April, 2014
148 KPH - 20 years - Against Pak At Dhaka - 2nd March 2016
150 KPH - Coming Soon.. Will be the first Bangladeshi
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old February 18, 2016, 12:29 AM
tanvir_nus's Avatar
tanvir_nus tanvir_nus is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 17, 2005
Location: the heart of the tiger
Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing
Posts: 2,783

^ Adding the fact that Rony hasn't been given those opportunities, I think he has got pace, bounce, swing, yorkers... He is more of a complete bowler than even Mustafizur who hasn't tried to bounce the batsmen ever, not saying he is a better bowler than Mustafizur though.

I think Selectors will get it right and go in to the WC with the best combination of Mustafizur, Rony and Taskin. Play to our strength.
__________________
Taskin Ahmed Tazim : 143 KPH - 18 years - Against Aussies - 1st April, 2014
148 KPH - 20 years - Against Pak At Dhaka - 2nd March 2016
150 KPH - Coming Soon.. Will be the first Bangladeshi
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old February 18, 2016, 12:32 AM
tonmoy.dhaka tonmoy.dhaka is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 17, 2016
Posts: 855

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
I think all these guys are good options. We have more options in pace especially when Rubel gets back into fitness. Abu Hyder certainly bowls great yorkers but it would be harsh to drop Al Amin who has delivered for us consistently. Hyder is young and we can wait on him a bit more before rushing him in front of Kohli Raina and co.
I dont see why we need to wait, we launched Musta against India (Pak T20 was not a big deal)..
haider has two weakness
1/ Since he bowls really full, so he needs more fielders outside the cirle, not ideal opening bowler (hence mash usually bowls him first change in bpl)
2/ He needs to learn the art of bowling round the wicket.
But as i said, he is a lot better and a lot more talented than al-amin.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old February 18, 2016, 12:44 AM
tonmoy.dhaka tonmoy.dhaka is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 17, 2016
Posts: 855

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
It's upto the players to make it count. I have been a supporter of Liton too and honestly I love his no fear attitude and his compact technique (barring the fact he doesn't play those cover drives too often) but it's foolish to think all our favourite players are going to play for Bangladesh all the time. This place should be hard earned, but yes they should be given opportunity as well. For me, Liton shouldn't have been rushed to the T20 side as he is mainly a longer format batsman. Once he failed in ODIs and then BPL it just snowballed to where it is now and his confidence is the lowest probably at this point.

There are newer players coming in all the time. Mashrafe will retire soon and we already have a backup in Shaifuddin. Ryad, Nasir, Shakib already have Miraz Mosaddek waiting to take over. Mushfique already has Anamul, Liton and now Sohan waiting. So every player needs to perform when they are given the chance, show us what you can do and win the matches for Bangladesh. If you can't perform at the international level win us matches then you should not play, simple.


Liton is a curious case... he has done well in Test matches which is exactly the format where he looked the best in the domestics. He is a little restricted in his strokeplay on the off, as soon as he manages to overcome this problem, he will be an asset for bangladesh. He is better than mosaddek or even Sohan anyday.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old February 18, 2016, 01:27 AM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 12,959

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka
I dont see why we need to wait, we launched Musta against India (Pak T20 was not a big deal)..
haider has two weakness
1/ Since he bowls really full, so he needs more fielders outside the cirle, not ideal opening bowler (hence mash usually bowls him first change in bpl)
2/ He needs to learn the art of bowling round the wicket.
But as i said, he is a lot better and a lot more talented than al-amin.
For every success story like Mustafizur there will be 10 premature debut and subsequent end to promising careers. Back in early 2000s we had this practice of blooding in new players and discarding them just as quickly. We need to be very careful about our young talents so that we dont lose them like we used to. Let the kids develop through A team tours first.
__________________
vacant slot
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old February 18, 2016, 01:31 AM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 12,959

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
^ Adding the fact that Rony hasn't been given those opportunities, I think he has got pace, bounce, swing, yorkers... He is more of a complete bowler than even Mustafizur who hasn't tried to bounce the batsmen ever, not saying he is a better bowler than Mustafizur though.

I think Selectors will get it right and go in to the WC with the best combination of Mustafizur, Rony and Taskin. Play to our strength.
I think you putting too much emphasis on BPL performance. Too say Hyder is at the same level as Mustafizur based on BPL is a bit of a stretch. International cricket is a different beast compared to a substandard t20 tournament. Mustafizur wrecked SA and India in back to back series. Hyder needs to play out of his skin to play as well as Musta. Good luck to the kid though
__________________
vacant slot
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old February 18, 2016, 03:00 AM
Rinathq's Avatar
Rinathq Rinathq is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Posts: 6,223

you guys are underestimating Al Amin. After Mustafiz, I rate him as the second best. Is the Kulasekera type bowler who picks up wickets regularly and amazing at the death. There is no way in hell Rony or Taskin should make the squad ahead of him in T20. I know he can be expensive up front but he compensates by picking wicket.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old February 18, 2016, 03:12 AM
Krishna's Avatar
Krishna Krishna is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 10, 2015
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: ABD
Posts: 387

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
you guys are underestimating Al Amin. After Mustafiz, I rate him as the second best. Is the Kulasekera type bowler who picks up wickets regularly and amazing at the death. There is no way in hell Rony or Taskin should make the squad ahead of him in T20. I know he can be expensive up front but he compensates by picking wicket.
Kulasekra is better than AL Amin.
__________________
''Proud to be a Bangladeshi"

Go TIGERS GO...
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old February 18, 2016, 06:02 AM
jeesh jeesh is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 4, 2005
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Posts: 4,058

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
you guys are underestimating Al Amin. After Mustafiz, I rate him as the second best. Is the Kulasekera type bowler who picks up wickets regularly and amazing at the death. There is no way in hell Rony or Taskin should make the squad ahead of him in T20. I know he can be expensive up front but he compensates by picking wicket.
Al Amin is pretty good. He adds sth different. He is a tad taller, has a bit of an awkward action, hits the deck and is aggressive. Kulasekera is an intelligent crafty bowler. Al Amin is more of an in your face kind of a bowler.

Mustafizur, Rony, Taskin, Al Amin. Future looks bright.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old February 18, 2016, 06:22 AM
BD_TigerZ's Avatar
BD_TigerZ BD_TigerZ is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: July 26, 2012
Posts: 6,673

Lol @Sunny, Nasir, Imrul and Mithun these guys have no place in any T20 team, useless.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket