facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old April 7, 2018, 12:37 AM
DinRaat. DinRaat. is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 30, 2017
Location: Sydney Australia
Favorite Player: AirBus A340
Posts: 5,266
Default Bangladesh@GoldCoast CommonwealthGames18

A thread for the Commonwealth games.

Anyone see that opening ceremony, what rubbish, always some link back to the Aboriginal race, complete garbage.

Can't believe people payed money to see some dude on welfare blow a horn.
__________________
Follow your deepest dream, the one you had as a kid... but stay focused.
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old April 7, 2018, 08:09 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 31,088

With out history how you gonna shape up future? How you gonna fix the mistakes?

Might is NOT right.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old April 7, 2018, 08:48 PM
brockley brockley is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 8, 2007
Posts: 2,834

I think you have 2 invest in their culture.
But no matter whats done doesn't = change in the aboriginal community.
My book is on their culture even tho I am not aboriginal.
Is their people fixed if every barrier is broken down no.
Comes down to maturation of their people.
So I can see both points.

Now let us bt the Brits.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old April 7, 2018, 11:35 PM
Antora's Avatar
Antora Antora is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 28, 2007
Location: melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,905

Wow, okay... So celebrating Australia's first nation's culture is "rubbish"? Ever wondered why they are on welfare? There's been systematic oppression and racism against Australia's Indigenous population. They had their country invaded, they experienced genocide, they weren't even considered human until 1967--before that, they were regulated under the Flora and Fauna Act--they experienced the stolen generation, had aspects of their culture, religion and language eradicated; surely it is about time we give them the respect they deserve.

I thought it was wonderful seeing Australian Aboriginal culture being represented on the world stage.


Anyway, Bangladesh won Silver in the 10m air rifle
Australia received Gold and India got Bronze.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old April 8, 2018, 12:14 AM
brockley brockley is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 8, 2007
Posts: 2,834

I agree with those past problems happening.No doubt.
But bandaids,Money or grand gestures don't work.
Its all about empowerment.

Last edited by brockley; April 8, 2018 at 01:07 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old April 8, 2018, 03:35 AM
Shehwar's Avatar
Shehwar Shehwar is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 5, 2004
Location: England
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 6,528

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antora
Wow, okay... So celebrating Australia's first nation's culture is "rubbish"? Ever wondered why they are on welfare? There's been systematic oppression and racism against Australia's Indigenous population. They had their country invaded, they experienced genocide, they weren't even considered human until 1967--before that, they were regulated under the Flora and Fauna Act--they experienced the stolen generation, had aspects of their culture, religion and language eradicated; surely it is about time we give them the respect they deserve.

I thought it was wonderful seeing Australian Aboriginal culture being represented on the world stage.


Anyway, Bangladesh won Silver in the 10m air rifle
Australia received Gold and India got Bronze.

Baki had won silver in the last Commonwealth Games too. This time very narrowly missed out on Gold. We should invest more in Shooting. The only sport we ever have any hope of bringing an Olympic Medal in!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old April 9, 2018, 12:28 PM
adamnsu adamnsu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: December 12, 2005
Location: Surrey
Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim
Posts: 9,443

Congrats Baki . You did Bangladesh πŸ‡§πŸ‡© proud.

Asif was an amazing shooter. Sadly some police destroyed his career after assaulting him. He beat the Indian Gold Olympic shooter.

InshahAllah I hope we get a shooter who will bring back some Olympic medals
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old April 10, 2018, 03:24 AM
Shehwar's Avatar
Shehwar Shehwar is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 5, 2004
Location: England
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 6,528

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Congrats Baki . You did Bangladesh πŸ‡§πŸ‡© proud.

Asif was an amazing shooter. Sadly some police destroyed his career after assaulting him. He beat the Indian Gold Olympic shooter.

InshahAllah I hope we get a shooter who will bring back some Olympic medals
https://thewest.com.au/sport/commonw...-ng-b88799775z

Baki in action
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old April 10, 2018, 06:34 AM
adamnsu adamnsu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: December 12, 2005
Location: Surrey
Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim
Posts: 9,443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehwar
https://thewest.com.au/sport/commonw...-ng-b88799775z

Baki in action
Wow nice find!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old April 11, 2018, 04:07 AM
Antora's Avatar
Antora Antora is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 28, 2007
Location: melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,905

Bangladesh received another silver today. This time in the men’s 50 m pistol event πŸ‡§πŸ‡©
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old April 11, 2018, 01:24 PM
bujhee kom's Avatar
bujhee kom bujhee kom is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: June 27, 2007
Location: Dhaka Mental Hospital
Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello
Posts: 24,535

Thank you, Antora dadi amma and everyone for the updates!
Viva Baki bhai! All my childhood, I read at all my neighborhood bodegas, mudi-er dukan - 'Baki chahiya Lojja Diben Naa" - "Baki-er opor naam Faaki" - "No Credit, CASH Only!"

But today, the word Baki sounds swweeet!

We, Banglar Damaal Meye o Chhele-ra are always great in rifle/pistol competitive sport shooting. We have the calm nerve for it.
Mash Allah! Viva Bangladesh!
__________________
God bless Ingrid Newkirk, Dianne Feinstein, Kamala Harris & Mitch Landrieu!
twitter.com/bujheekom
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old April 11, 2018, 07:28 PM
brockley brockley is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 8, 2007
Posts: 2,834

Mitchell Starcs' brother won gold,in longjump,if memory permits that is his pursuit.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket