facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old March 2, 2016, 04:02 AM
duke's Avatar
duke duke is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 5, 2014
Favorite Player: Adam Gilchrist
Posts: 295
Default Too much ill will everywhere

I have been a regular visitor to this forum for quite a while now. Recently i took a break and now that i am back and perused the posts, I find a lot of bitterness everywhere.

Earlier there used to be many meaningful discussions and mutual respect amongst posters. Now most of the posts have degenerated into vitriol throwing and acerbic insults.

Even the players behave more decently than the fans of the teams. We have to remember that at the end of the day, this is just a game and there is absolutely no reason to get harried by it.
Also before being fans of a team, we must remember that we are humans first and should treat others with the same decency that we expect from others. Cricket is for enjoyment, its a treat. Its not for getting riled up and bearing grudges against others.

  #2  
Old March 2, 2016, 04:12 AM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 19,679

Thank you, Wonderful thread for everyone here
__________________
I have given up on Bangladesh cricket. I refuse to forget every pain Bangladesh cricket team has brought after a win here and there
  #3  
Old March 2, 2016, 04:50 AM
MHRAM MHRAM is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 30, 2013
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Posts: 7,700

+100000
  #4  
Old March 2, 2016, 05:06 AM
Austin 3:!6 Austin 3:!6 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: January 25, 2015
Location: London
Favorite Player: Sachin Tendulkar
Posts: 681

Think BC needs more quality posters like me who considers this game as "Gentleman's game" and give true insights about the sport we all love. Most of the posters here are 15+ kids and have zero understanding of the game. They only come here for trolling. I would love to work as a mentor for them but then I hardly get time these days.
  #5  
Old March 2, 2016, 05:45 AM
Out_You_Go's Avatar
Out_You_Go Out_You_Go is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: October 3, 2011
Location: Earth!
Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib
Posts: 603

Very well put. I think it is more to do with the recent heights we have achieved in cricket. Most of the fans have not been used to this success and hype of BD for almost 16 years. You would see BD fans more vocal everywhere (social media, forums etc) because its an unprecedented opportunity provided to them by our performance.

So I guess its more of an emotional rush. Once things settle down and they see BD do good in all formats consistently, humbleness will get to them (to the ones who aren't I mean).
__________________
Believe in Allah & have faith in your abilities - success then is a consequence..not an incident.
  #6  
Old March 2, 2016, 06:55 AM
KingKohli KingKohli is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 15, 2016
Location: my house
Favorite Player: me
Posts: 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin 3:!6
Think BC needs more quality posters like me who considers this game as "Gentleman's game" and give true insights about the sport we all love. Most of the posters here are 15+ kids and have zero understanding of the game. They only come here for trolling. I would love to work as a mentor for them but then I hardly get time these days.
Agreed and funny part is them calling us trolls when we speak out the truth something that they don't want to hear.. Till now some of them have been living in there own fantasy world where they just don't see the truth. .

Its been bit better from that post where I went on rant about speaking up my mind.

At the same time I must say I did meet couple of good quality posters and someone who I can have good conversation with..

The fact is thing's have changed from last QF WC and it won't be the same unfortunately
  #7  
Old March 2, 2016, 07:57 AM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 19,679

whats the truth? enlighten us please
  #8  
Old March 2, 2016, 09:16 AM
horizon horizon is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: January 29, 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 1,846

Well said!
__________________
The best tennis ball cricketer ever ... is ...
  #9  
Old March 2, 2016, 01:18 PM
NoName's Avatar
NoName NoName is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: April 9, 2011
Location: Sauga
Posts: 8,868

Agreed, some of our posters take the bait way too easily and then we have a flame war for the next few pages
__________________
"How the little piglets would grunt if they knew how the old boar suffered."
  #10  
Old March 2, 2016, 01:46 PM
brockley brockley is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 8, 2007
Posts: 2,906

I think their is a bit of give and take,I copped a lot of flack on Australia,so I hit back,so.
  #11  
Old March 2, 2016, 02:46 PM
RazabQ's Avatar
RazabQ RazabQ is offline
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 25, 2004
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 11,847

The nature of discussions have changed because Bangladesh are no longer the lovable losers. So when we say something, other country fans, instead of being able to dismiss it, let it get under their skin. Similarly like the upstarts trying to make a name, our fans have a chip on their shoulders and chikon chamra. It goes in waves guys. Some of the more rational posters here today started as hyper-15-year olds. We moderators do try to make sure that the language and tone stays mostly decent. Also, on match days the give or take is a bit on the high side.

- Moderator
  #12  
Old March 2, 2016, 03:26 PM
brockley brockley is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 8, 2007
Posts: 2,906

I think if you give it you have 2 be prepared to wear it,some don't like that.
No harm in banter,as long as you don't cross the line.
  #13  
Old March 2, 2016, 03:39 PM
Mas_UK25's Avatar
Mas_UK25 Mas_UK25 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 15, 2015
Location: UNITED KINGDOM
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
Posts: 5,867

It happen's when they find you a threat, deep down are either bitter or sense a threat coming which they never expected thought would happen.
  #14  
Old March 2, 2016, 04:01 PM
Ashfaq's Avatar
Ashfaq Ashfaq is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: October 7, 2008
Location: Michigan
Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,
Posts: 2,685

@duke: welcome to the Internet grandpa. It's not ill will, rather a disticnt lack of decorum. I must say, it's much more authentic than fake politeness on offer everywhere these days.

Furthermore, it's a place where people meet at times of incredible emotional waves. I have been here long enough to understand fans don't engage one another for anything productive. It's just a way to enhance the whole cricket experience. And if have ever been to a subcontinent stadium, you know our cricket experiences doesn't include meaningful discussions.

That said, this is by far one if the most well behaved places on the internet. To say it's a place full of trolls woukd be doing the mods a disservice. But, if you're not enjoying yourself, you can always take a break. All Internet forums are only good in moderation.
__________________
Our deeds are for us and yours for you; peace be on to you. We do not desire the way of the ignorant
  #15  
Old March 2, 2016, 07:21 PM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 7,679

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin 3:!6
Think BC needs more quality posters like me who considers this game as "Gentleman's game" and give true insights about the sport we all love. Most of the posters here are 15+ kids and have zero understanding of the game. They only come here for trolling. I would love to work as a mentor for them but then I hardly get time these days.
Hahaha. I know you like to bait and mix your good analysis amongst the many provocative ones but you do have a good sense of humor. You know how to tread on thin ice while also building credibility.

I used to be irritated at first but now kinda enjoy reading your post. Carry on buddy!!
__________________
Bangladesh
  #16  
Old March 2, 2016, 08:31 PM
bujhee kom's Avatar
bujhee kom bujhee kom is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 27, 2007
Location: Dhaka Mental Hospital
Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello
Posts: 25,000

Brother duke, I always appreciate your presence and your thoughtful posts. Love and peace!
__________________
God bless Ingrid Newkirk, Dianne Feinstein, Hillary Clinton, Kamala Harris, Kirsten Gillibrand & Mitch Landrieu!
twitter.com/bujheekom
  #17  
Old March 2, 2016, 10:23 PM
duke's Avatar
duke duke is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 5, 2014
Favorite Player: Adam Gilchrist
Posts: 295

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Brother duke, I always appreciate your presence and your thoughtful posts. Love and peace!
Thank you bujhee kom. The duke abides. The duke abides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashfaq
@duke: welcome to the Internet grandpa. It's not ill will, rather a disticnt lack of decorum. I must say, it's much more authentic than fake politeness on offer everywhere these days.

Furthermore, it's a place where people meet at times of incredible emotional waves. I have been here long enough to understand fans don't engage one another for anything productive. It's just a way to enhance the whole cricket experience. And if have ever been to a subcontinent stadium, you know our cricket experiences doesn't include meaningful discussions.

That said, this is by far one if the most well behaved places on the internet. To say it's a place full of trolls woukd be doing the mods a disservice. But, if you're not enjoying yourself, you can always take a break. All Internet forums are only good in moderation.
I am not that old to be honest . And I am not loathe to a bit of a banter but there is a distinct difference between banter and intentional trolling, one that we all recognize but still sometimes we take the bait. My approach to trolls is simple "dont feed the troll".
  #18  
Old March 2, 2016, 11:51 PM
brockley brockley is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 8, 2007
Posts: 2,906

But duke when you cop it is nice to get a reaction back.
I copped heaps on the Aussies behalf.
And someone made the comment on brown people being treated bad in Oz,which I am not guilty of,but copped it anyway.
The odd quip in response is fair enough.
And I expect to get some back and thats fair play.
But the comment brown people are treated bad in oz at me,was a low blow,crossing the line.Not that my country is perfect.
  #19  
Old March 3, 2016, 12:27 AM
jeesh jeesh is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 4, 2005
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Posts: 4,058

Not what i expected when i first saw the thread. But whatever banter that goes on here is just harmless fun, between some of the most ardent and enthusiastic fans in the world-some maybe over enthusiastic-but its great to have diverse opinion.

What i am more dissapointed about is the negativity from many other countries about last nights games. Some have even gone on to say Mohammad Sami took a massive amount of money for the two no balls. Some are complaining we bought the umpires, others are ridiculing the pitches. The focus seems to be on Pakistan's wrongoings and mistakes rather than the good work by Bangladesh.

And as always Indian fans are being cocky by saying two more practice matches before the WC. Some even say celebrate like you ve won a trophy you ll never win.

I am sure in the time to come all these negative associations will erode. I guess people cant get used to the fact that Bangladesh is a rising force in world cricket and soon likely to surpass the Pakistan's, sri Lanka's, West Indies's and Englands.
  #20  
Old March 3, 2016, 02:19 AM
icricket's Avatar
icricket icricket is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 26, 2015
Favorite Player: BD Players, Starc, Waqar
Posts: 880

Thanks, Duke. Interesting topic. It reminds me of the theory of relativity. None-the-less, I appreciate it. I think it's a combination of many things which RazabQ and Jeesh already covered in their posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin 3:!6
Think BC needs more quality posters like me who considers this game as "Gentleman's game" and give true insights about the sport we all love. Most of the posters here are 15+ kids and have zero understanding of the game. They only come here for trolling. I would love to work as a mentor for them but then I hardly get time these days.
Austin, tumi ekhono shishu. You need a few more years to reach age 15 (boy). That means you're still far away to reach the gentleman's age to give us the true insights about this Gentleman's game. So, please be patient and keep . BTW, no vacancy on the "mentor" position yet. So, please tumi easy kaje busy thako.
__________________
It always seems impossible until it's done
"Oh Allah! Forgive us, Have Mercy on us, Grant us Safety, Guide us, and Provide us with Sustenance." - Allahumma Ameen
  #21  
Old March 3, 2016, 02:39 AM
brockley brockley is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 8, 2007
Posts: 2,906

Jeesh who said it was fixed,Pakpassion?If so another forum.
  #22  
Old March 3, 2016, 03:16 AM
jeesh jeesh is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 4, 2005
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Posts: 4,058

I havent seen it on any forum, just on FB and Twitter. Its baseless and pointless. Some people are unwilling to give Bangladesh credit. They will somehow find some unnecessary tale to undermine our wins or provide distraction.
  #23  
Old March 3, 2016, 04:53 AM
duke's Avatar
duke duke is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 5, 2014
Favorite Player: Adam Gilchrist
Posts: 295

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
I havent seen it on any forum, just on FB and Twitter. Its baseless and pointless. Some people are unwilling to give Bangladesh credit. They will somehow find some unnecessary tale to undermine our wins or provide distraction.
Some have not come to terms with Bangladesh being a strong cricket team now. They still regard BD as push overs. This will surely change with time as BD keeps on performing consistently.

This is normal psychology. People dont want to change the status quo. People dont want to feel uncomfortable. (Also the reason why people would stick to a job which makes them miserable rather than search for a new one in a new place) Nobody likes changes. It disturbs the projection/image of that particular thing. Hence people would rather turn a blind a eye and keep underestimating BD than accept its growth as a cricketing nation.
  #24  
Old March 3, 2016, 07:55 AM
Mas_UK25's Avatar
Mas_UK25 Mas_UK25 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 15, 2015
Location: UNITED KINGDOM
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
Posts: 5,867

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke
Some have not come to terms with Bangladesh being a strong cricket team now. They still regard BD as push overs. This will surely change with time as BD keeps on performing consistently.

This is normal psychology. People dont want to change the status quo. People dont want to feel uncomfortable. (Also the reason why people would stick to a job which makes them miserable rather than search for a new one in a new place) Nobody likes changes. It disturbs the projection/image of that particular thing. Hence people would rather turn a blind a eye and keep underestimating BD than accept its growth as a cricketing nation.
+1 spoke like a true Psychologist. Wonderful post
  #25  
Old March 3, 2016, 10:42 AM
Neel Here's Avatar
Neel Here Neel Here is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 17, 2009
Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara
Posts: 3,041

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
The nature of discussions have changed because Bangladesh are no longer the lovable losers. So when we say something, other country fans, instead of being able to dismiss it, let it get under their skin. Similarly like the upstarts trying to make a name, our fans have a chip on their shoulders and chikon chamra. It goes in waves guys. Some of the more rational posters here today started as hyper-15-year olds. We moderators do try to make sure that the language and tone stays mostly decent. Also, on match days the give or take is a bit on the high side.

- Moderator
moderating a bunch of emotional sports fans, most of whom havent crossed 20 would be a rather thankless job for any moderator team.

everything said and done, I would like to thank you and your fellow admin for keeping BC saner than most places on the net.
__________________
Anything can be sacrificed for truth,
nothing is too valuable to sacrifice truth instead.
-- Swami Vivekananda
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:11 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket