facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Closed Thread

Old March 2, 2016, 04:02 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Adam Gilchrist
Default Too much ill will everywhere

I have been a regular visitor to this forum for quite a while now. Recently i took a break and now that i am back and perused the posts, I find a lot of bitterness everywhere.

Earlier there used to be many meaningful discussions and mutual respect amongst posters. Now most of the posts have degenerated into vitriol throwing and acerbic insults.

Even the players behave more decently than the fans of the teams. We have to remember that at the end of the day, this is just a game and there is absolutely no reason to get harried by it.
Also before being fans of a team, we must remember that we are humans first and should treat others with the same decency that we expect from others. Cricket is for enjoyment, its a treat. Its not for getting riled up and bearing grudges against others.

Old March 2, 2016, 04:12 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

Thank you, Wonderful thread for everyone here
Old March 2, 2016, 04:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

+100000
Old March 2, 2016, 05:06 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Sachin Tendulkar

Think BC needs more quality posters like me who considers this game as "Gentleman's game" and give true insights about the sport we all love. Most of the posters here are 15+ kids and have zero understanding of the game. They only come here for trolling. I would love to work as a mentor for them but then I hardly get time these days.
Old March 2, 2016, 05:45 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib

Very well put. I think it is more to do with the recent heights we have achieved in cricket. Most of the fans have not been used to this success and hype of BD for almost 16 years. You would see BD fans more vocal everywhere (social media, forums etc) because its an unprecedented opportunity provided to them by our performance.

So I guess its more of an emotional rush. Once things settle down and they see BD do good in all formats consistently, humbleness will get to them (to the ones who aren't I mean).
Old March 2, 2016, 06:55 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin 3:!6
Think BC needs more quality posters like me who considers this game as "Gentleman's game" and give true insights about the sport we all love. Most of the posters here are 15+ kids and have zero understanding of the game. They only come here for trolling. I would love to work as a mentor for them but then I hardly get time these days.
Agreed and funny part is them calling us trolls when we speak out the truth something that they don't want to hear.. Till now some of them have been living in there own fantasy world where they just don't see the truth. .

Its been bit better from that post where I went on rant about speaking up my mind.

At the same time I must say I did meet couple of good quality posters and someone who I can have good conversation with..

The fact is thing's have changed from last QF WC and it won't be the same unfortunately
Old March 2, 2016, 07:57 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

whats the truth? enlighten us please
Old March 2, 2016, 09:16 AM

Well said!
Old March 2, 2016, 01:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Agreed, some of our posters take the bait way too easily and then we have a flame war for the next few pages
Old March 2, 2016, 01:46 PM
Cricket Legend

I think their is a bit of give and take,I copped a lot of flack on Australia,so I hit back,so.
Old March 2, 2016, 02:46 PM
BC Editorial Team

The nature of discussions have changed because Bangladesh are no longer the lovable losers. So when we say something, other country fans, instead of being able to dismiss it, let it get under their skin. Similarly like the upstarts trying to make a name, our fans have a chip on their shoulders and chikon chamra. It goes in waves guys. Some of the more rational posters here today started as hyper-15-year olds. We moderators do try to make sure that the language and tone stays mostly decent. Also, on match days the give or take is a bit on the high side.

Old March 2, 2016, 03:26 PM
Cricket Legend

I think if you give it you have 2 be prepared to wear it,some don't like that.
No harm in banter,as long as you don't cross the line.
Old March 2, 2016, 03:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

It happen's when they find you a threat, deep down are either bitter or sense a threat coming which they never expected thought would happen.
Old March 2, 2016, 04:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

@duke: welcome to the Internet grandpa. It's not ill will, rather a disticnt lack of decorum. I must say, it's much more authentic than fake politeness on offer everywhere these days.

Furthermore, it's a place where people meet at times of incredible emotional waves. I have been here long enough to understand fans don't engage one another for anything productive. It's just a way to enhance the whole cricket experience. And if have ever been to a subcontinent stadium, you know our cricket experiences doesn't include meaningful discussions.

That said, this is by far one if the most well behaved places on the internet. To say it's a place full of trolls woukd be doing the mods a disservice. But, if you're not enjoying yourself, you can always take a break. All Internet forums are only good in moderation.
Old March 2, 2016, 07:21 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Hahaha. I know you like to bait and mix your good analysis amongst the many provocative ones but you do have a good sense of humor. You know how to tread on thin ice while also building credibility.

I used to be irritated at first but now kinda enjoy reading your post. Carry on buddy!!
Old March 2, 2016, 08:31 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Brother duke, I always appreciate your presence and your thoughtful posts. Love and peace!
Old March 2, 2016, 10:23 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Brother duke, I always appreciate your presence and your thoughtful posts. Love and peace!
Thank you bujhee kom. The duke abides. The duke abides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashfaq
@duke: welcome to the Internet grandpa. It's not ill will, rather a disticnt lack of decorum. I must say, it's much more authentic than fake politeness on offer everywhere these days.

Furthermore, it's a place where people meet at times of incredible emotional waves. I have been here long enough to understand fans don't engage one another for anything productive. It's just a way to enhance the whole cricket experience. And if have ever been to a subcontinent stadium, you know our cricket experiences doesn't include meaningful discussions.

That said, this is by far one if the most well behaved places on the internet. To say it's a place full of trolls woukd be doing the mods a disservice. But, if you're not enjoying yourself, you can always take a break. All Internet forums are only good in moderation.
I am not that old to be honest . And I am not loathe to a bit of a banter but there is a distinct difference between banter and intentional trolling, one that we all recognize but still sometimes we take the bait. My approach to trolls is simple "dont feed the troll".
Old March 2, 2016, 11:51 PM
Cricket Legend

But duke when you cop it is nice to get a reaction back.
I copped heaps on the Aussies behalf.
And someone made the comment on brown people being treated bad in Oz,which I am not guilty of,but copped it anyway.
The odd quip in response is fair enough.
And I expect to get some back and thats fair play.
But the comment brown people are treated bad in oz at me,was a low blow,crossing the line.Not that my country is perfect.
Old March 3, 2016, 12:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Not what i expected when i first saw the thread. But whatever banter that goes on here is just harmless fun, between some of the most ardent and enthusiastic fans in the world-some maybe over enthusiastic-but its great to have diverse opinion.

What i am more dissapointed about is the negativity from many other countries about last nights games. Some have even gone on to say Mohammad Sami took a massive amount of money for the two no balls. Some are complaining we bought the umpires, others are ridiculing the pitches. The focus seems to be on Pakistan's wrongoings and mistakes rather than the good work by Bangladesh.

And as always Indian fans are being cocky by saying two more practice matches before the WC. Some even say celebrate like you ve won a trophy you ll never win.

I am sure in the time to come all these negative associations will erode. I guess people cant get used to the fact that Bangladesh is a rising force in world cricket and soon likely to surpass the Pakistan's, sri Lanka's, West Indies's and Englands.
Old March 3, 2016, 02:19 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: BD Players, Starc, Waqar

Thanks, Duke. Interesting topic. It reminds me of the theory of relativity. None-the-less, I appreciate it. I think it's a combination of many things which RazabQ and Jeesh already covered in their posts.

Quote:
Austin, tumi ekhono shishu. You need a few more years to reach age 15 (boy). That means you're still far away to reach the gentleman's age to give us the true insights about this Gentleman's game. So, please be patient and keep . BTW, no vacancy on the "mentor" position yet. So, please tumi easy kaje busy thako.
Old March 3, 2016, 02:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Jeesh who said it was fixed,Pakpassion?If so another forum.
Old March 3, 2016, 03:16 AM
Cricket Legend

I havent seen it on any forum, just on FB and Twitter. Its baseless and pointless. Some people are unwilling to give Bangladesh credit. They will somehow find some unnecessary tale to undermine our wins or provide distraction.
Old March 3, 2016, 04:53 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
I havent seen it on any forum, just on FB and Twitter. Its baseless and pointless. Some people are unwilling to give Bangladesh credit. They will somehow find some unnecessary tale to undermine our wins or provide distraction.
Some have not come to terms with Bangladesh being a strong cricket team now. They still regard BD as push overs. This will surely change with time as BD keeps on performing consistently.

This is normal psychology. People dont want to change the status quo. People dont want to feel uncomfortable. (Also the reason why people would stick to a job which makes them miserable rather than search for a new one in a new place) Nobody likes changes. It disturbs the projection/image of that particular thing. Hence people would rather turn a blind a eye and keep underestimating BD than accept its growth as a cricketing nation.
Old March 3, 2016, 07:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke
Some have not come to terms with Bangladesh being a strong cricket team now. They still regard BD as push overs. This will surely change with time as BD keeps on performing consistently.

This is normal psychology. People dont want to change the status quo. People dont want to feel uncomfortable. (Also the reason why people would stick to a job which makes them miserable rather than search for a new one in a new place) Nobody likes changes. It disturbs the projection/image of that particular thing. Hence people would rather turn a blind a eye and keep underestimating BD than accept its growth as a cricketing nation.
+1 spoke like a true Psychologist. Wonderful post
Old March 3, 2016, 10:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
The nature of discussions have changed because Bangladesh are no longer the lovable losers. So when we say something, other country fans, instead of being able to dismiss it, let it get under their skin. Similarly like the upstarts trying to make a name, our fans have a chip on their shoulders and chikon chamra. It goes in waves guys. Some of the more rational posters here today started as hyper-15-year olds. We moderators do try to make sure that the language and tone stays mostly decent. Also, on match days the give or take is a bit on the high side.

moderating a bunch of emotional sports fans, most of whom havent crossed 20 would be a rather thankless job for any moderator team.

everything said and done, I would like to thank you and your fellow admin for keeping BC saner than most places on the net.
Closed Thread