facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 9, 2016, 08:19 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir
Default Would you change the 'winning combination' against the Irish match?

Bangladesh has the tendency to keep with the team which win the match until the next loss.

Hopefully Mustafizur will be back (fingers crossed), so Sunny automatically goes?

Nurul for Nasir or Mushfik - our 'the best' ODI batsman or give him another chance?

The wicket will possibly remain the same but it still probably is a 160/170 ground.
We need big hitters!!

Old March 9, 2016, 08:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Hmm, I would say bring in Nurul in place of Sunny. Nurul can slog and keep exceedingly well. Although Sunny hit two crucial sixes today, I am not at all convinced by either his bowling or batting. He almost screwed up in the end failing to give Tamim the strike.
Old March 9, 2016, 08:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Mithun for nasir and mustafa for sunny
Old March 9, 2016, 08:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Rahim,is out of form badly and missed missed byes.He gotta go.
I'd give Shakib more time.
Otherwise no changes.
Old March 9, 2016, 08:30 AM
Test Cricketer

Nasir was useless. He has not performed in T20 since before the BPL. He needs to go and replaced with Nurul/Mithun. If Mustafiz is fit he can come back to replace Sunny. Mushfiq will stay, at least for the next 2 games. We dont have quality batsmen in reserve to replace him.
Old March 9, 2016, 08:51 AM
Cricket Legend

I d keep the same eleven unless Mustafizur returns.

I think we could cut the boys some slack, considering the time they ve been there.

In the given climate, elevation you probably need a few more training sessions to get your bearing right.

Regarding Nasir, he had a stinker today. Dropped a crucial catch, bowling wasnt as accurate as it should be. Batting was also woeful. But still he adds the option with bat, ball or in the field. Playing Mithin is like playing with 10 men and asking 12th man to do fielding.
Old March 9, 2016, 08:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Sunny wasn't thaaaat bad, bowled pretty tight in his 2 overs and did hit a crucial six in the few deliveries he was there. But I'd still drop him for Mustafizur or Rony. Rahim and Nasir needs to go though, but 'you don't drop a senior'
Old March 9, 2016, 08:56 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur R & Nasir H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
Bangladesh has the tendency to keep with the team which win the match until the next loss.

Hopefully Mustafizur will be back (fingers crossed), so Sunny automatically goes?

Nurul for Nasir or Mushfik - our 'the best' ODI batsman or give him another chance?

The wicket will possibly remain the same but it still probably is a 160/170 ground.
We need big hitters!!
Thing is though bro. Neither shabbir or mahmdullah our inform players clicked today. If they do it should help us get to that 170. Sarkar, goes for everything that's his issue. Even if he does time a beautiful boundary, next ball he wants to hit out of the park doesn't matter if it's a great delivery or not.

If someone just told sarkar" bro your play amazingly well... Jus stay till the end or near to end". He is someone i feel will naturally get boundary's, he's that gifted.

Tamim has matured quite a bit. Gets LBW'ed a lot these days though, and a close shave today on 46. Hope he can continue on from the good work.
Old March 9, 2016, 09:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Hmm, I would say bring in Nurul in place of Sunny. Nurul can slog and keep exceedingly well. Although Sunny hit two crucial sixes today, I am not at all convinced by either his bowling or batting. He almost screwed up in the end failing to give Tamim the strike.
he hit 1

Old March 9, 2016, 09:06 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by imran78
Nasir was useless. He has not performed in T20 since before the BPL.
Exactly. And some fans are goo goo gaa gaa about him. He is too slow as a late order batsman, not it form, inconsistent with bowling ( 12 runs per over in this game) and his fielding still good but not as good as past.

I am not a fan of Mitun, but we dumped too early to accommodate Nasir. Even Nurul or Sunny can contribute same runs with better RR in Nasir's slot.

The other useless player in the team is Rahim, purely milking on past heroics. I am afraid we may already seen the best of Rahim. And his best in T20 is just below average in today's game.

If I am the team selector, I would do the following:

Rahim out --- Nurul in
Nasir out --- Mithun in

Sunny out - Rony in ( but I am ok with Sunny, if the pitch is more spinner friendly).

We haven't seen enough of Rony yet. Just one over and with wrong field placement ( or he failed to bowl based on field placement). He is a question mark. But what I have seen in BPL3, he is another strike bowler ( sometimes a little bit expensive). I would like to give him some opportunity against weaker team for him to gain some experience and confidence.
Old March 9, 2016, 09:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Nasir is a very good player, one bad match doesn't change that, he usually gives good tight back up overs and saves us 10 runs in the field. Rahim will eventually find his form again, and Mithun and Nurul are no way near good enough to replace him, Littons better than those 2...although not seen much of Nurul

Old March 9, 2016, 09:11 AM
ODI Cricketer

Only one change
rony for sunny!! And pls do not bowl rony in the powerplay and specially not with the third man inside the 30 yard (what kind of field placement was that against india!!)
Old March 9, 2016, 09:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Nasir was a very good cricketer no longer the same player. Give Nurul and Rony some game time they can't do worse.
Old March 9, 2016, 09:20 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
Nasir is a very good player, one bad match doesn't change that....l
When was the last time he had a good innings in T20?

He was a flop in BPL3. he is not in form... period.
Old March 9, 2016, 09:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

the way Irish are struggling against omani spin you really want to swap sunny with rony.. think logically guys..
Old March 9, 2016, 09:48 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Keep the same team.
Old March 9, 2016, 10:02 AM

No point of bring someone in, who wont be playing in main event. That should the approach I think.
Old March 9, 2016, 10:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Of course I would change it. I didn't even agree with today's XI to begin with, and it nearly cost us the game. Tamim and Taskin saved us basically.

This is the team that will get a comfy win vs Ireland.

Tamim
Soumya
Shabbir
Shakib
Riyad
Nasir
Nurul (wk)
Mash (c)
AH Rony
Taskin
Al Amin

* Get M'Fizz back to 100 % before letting him back in.Don't want to risk him.
*Bench Mushfiqur for one game. Send him on a contemplation sojourn to the nearby vacation town of Shimla. I shall bring him back in the next game vs Oman.
*Bringing in Haider instead of Sunny. Though this was the hardest decision as Sunny did all right today, his six with the bat might have won it for us. But Haider is too good a bowler to be kept in bench. We need to give him some sort of run. Why aren't the new guys getting extended runs anymore,like Litton got? I thought that was the gameplan. Bring in the new prospects, and give them lengthy runs.
Old March 9, 2016, 11:55 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I will bring Hider in poace of Sunny, although Sunny didnt do any wrong today so dont think this will happen.
Soumya is extremely lucky that his alternatives are Kayes and Mithun.
Nas and Mushy should get one more game, who ever fails should be rplcd by Sohan.
Old March 9, 2016, 12:16 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
I have been listening to this for some time now. He looked like a hack with the limited opportunity he got with the bat in Asia cup. Where is this coming from?

How big was Arafat Sunny's six today? Bigger than any other stroke this evening by any BD player. It was in the 20th over.
Old March 9, 2016, 12:17 PM
ODI Cricketer

Sunny's bowling action has been found to be suspicious by the umpires and they have unofficially informed Sujon before they officially report him. So I guess we will be seeing more of Rony from now on if Mustafiz remains unfit. Can't say I am surprised about Sunny though since I have always had reservations about his bowling action and have always thought that if he ever played in India that it was more than likely that his action would invoke the umpires' suspicions and unfortunately I was proven right.
Old March 9, 2016, 12:34 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Saw an article about Sunny's action so its time to keep him on the bench for the rest of the tournament unless needed. Rony should be brought in unless Musta is 100% fit. And it's time to drop Mushy. Great player but totally useless at T20s. I don't know what'll take but I would rather have Nurul because he can't possibly do any worse than Mushy right now + better keeping. I'd give Nasir another game because I'm not too confident about our other alternative(Mithun).

Tamim Iqbal
Soumya Sarkar
Sabbir Rahman
Shakib Al Hasan
Mahmudullah Riyad
Nasir Hossain
Nurul Hasan
Mashrafe Mortaza
Abu Haider Rony
Taskin Ahmed
Al-Amin Hossain
Old March 9, 2016, 12:44 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: $hakib Al Ha$an

Nasir hasn't played for awhile. He bowled well last game and okay in this one (wicket). He is a crucial all rounder for the team. Mushfiq needs a break.
Old March 9, 2016, 12:49 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Now that Netherlands out of the way (boo hoo brockley)We should try our bench strength against Ireland the weakest team of the group.
Old March 9, 2016, 12:52 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

There isn't better option than Nasir waiting sadly. Nurul or Mithun aren't better than Nasir with the bat. Nasir can bowl and top fielder. In T20 fielding is important so he gets my vote. If we need a genuin keeper than Nurl can come in but atm Mushy is doing okay behind the stump. Only change would be Musta in for Sunny next game, if fit.