facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 7, 2004, 09:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Ireland v Surrey, C&G Trophy, Dublin

Surrey crash to humiliating defeat against Ireland

Ireland 262 for 5 (Molins 58, Bray 52) beat Surrey 261 (Brown 67, White 3-43) by five wickets

Surrey's abysmal start to the season has continued - today they were embarrassingly bundled out of the C&G Trophy by Ireland in Dublin. After setting a total of 261 on a rain-truncated first day, and despite fielding an attack consisting of six Test bowlers, Surrey's challenge was brushed aside, and Ireland won with a full ten balls and five wickets in hand.

On current form, however, it was not that much of an upset. Surrey are in disarray after a winter of upheaval, while Ireland are now unbeaten in their last ten matches. Mind you, they have only once before beaten a county side in a competitive game ? Surrey's arch-rivals Middlesex, who lost at the same venue in 1997, again over two days.

Source: CrickInfo
Old May 7, 2004, 09:45 AM
Test Cricketer

I simply couldn't believe it! This is the team everyone used to fear in this country two summers ago.

Well done Eire anway :S

[Edited on 7-5-2004 by Zephaniah]
Old May 7, 2004, 09:48 AM
Test Cricketer

Ireland hoping for league status

Jason Molins, Ireland's victorious captain, hopes his side's shock five-wicket win against Surrey in the second round of the C&G Trophy, as well as victory over Zimbabwe last summer, might help them to be inlcuded in the National League.

Molins believes Ireland have the capacilty and ability to follow in the footsteps of the Scotland, who are in Division Two of the National League. "It would be great to compete in the National League," Molins, who top-scored with 58, said. "I think we are more than capable, as we proved here, and beating Surrey certainly won't harm our credentials.

"This win can only raise our profile, and the third-round game should attract lots of publicity. There are lots of things we compete against like football, rugby and Gaelic sports, but the interest is there."

He added, "The wins against Zimbabwe and Surrey are great, but they won't get us to the World Cup - that is the priority"
Old May 7, 2004, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

I'd already opened a thread on this, and, guess what - i was the only person to make the three posts on that thread....lol
Old May 9, 2004, 01:06 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default Ireland

If I am right Ireland have the capacity to play One day cricket and will soon play one day cricket within five years against the test playing countries.
Old May 9, 2004, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

wait...they beat Zimbabwe? does that mean they're as good as us?
Old May 10, 2004, 07:22 AM
Test Cricketer

Cricket is a game of glorious uncertainty. It seems everyone else can prove it except BD. Even Kenyan have more ODI wins than BD playing less games. I deperately hope that BD will turn their corner soon.