facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 1, 2016, 11:07 AM

Default Red sun rising

A fantastic article by Isam -> please read @ http://www.thecricketmonthly.com/sto...red-sun-rising

"If you came here to compete only in this match, I am not coming back."

It had been more than half an hour since the presentations ended. It was the seventh of the 42 league matches in the 2015 World Cup. Bangladesh, an ICC Full Member for the last 14 years, had beaten World Cup debutants Afghanistan. For half an hour the Bangladesh players celebrated out on the Manuka Oval in Canberra. They went on a lap of honour to thank their fans, who had almost all come from outside the city. Even so, half an hour's celebration by a Full Member of 14 years for beating low-ranked Afghanistan felt unusual to those outside Bangladesh. ESPNcricinfo's ball-by-ball commentary described it thus:

Bangladesh have gone on a victory lap of honour here. Thanking their fans. They haven't won the World Cup yet, though. Just shows how rare success at international level is for them that a win against Afghanistan is celebrated thusly.

Old September 1, 2016, 11:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

thoroughly enjoyable read
Old September 1, 2016, 12:34 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

It wasn't a victory lap as CI and other over zealous media described it. The players themselves said they just wanted to spend time with the fans who have traveled a lot to see the team play. But even after more than a year, the initial baseless claim has now become an established fact.
Old September 1, 2016, 01:00 PM

" The board operated from an office with one desk and a small kitchenette. The peon kept his bicycle and all his belongings in the kitchenette; it was his home"

" around 1976-77, the national team used to practise without any refreshments. He would go to the Red Cross office and bring high-protein biscuits sent as relief. ""

^^^ we have started from there...
http://www.thecricketmonthly.com/sto...red-sun-rising
Old September 1, 2016, 01:22 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
It wasn't a victory lap as CI and other over zealous media described it. The players themselves said they just wanted to spend time with the fans who have traveled a lot to see the team play. But even after more than a year, the initial baseless claim has now become an established fact.
This is what I wrote now, hope they publish it:

Quote:
"If you came here to compete only in this match, I am not coming back." They had to start off the article like this huh? The implications are as if: "Look at Bangldesh, so easily excited. Sign of a young team." So what they celebrated! A little celebration never hurt anybody. Sorry did not enjoy one bit.
I knew someone will open a thread about it as soon as I saw esp. it being "Cricket Monthly" and what not, but media has a tendency to get entitlement over a team, its methodology and emotions and what not as if to mete out their own opinion on how a team should react and behave.

Probably Hathuri didn't even make a big deal out it, but our well-wishers decided to make a spin of it.

CI does have an air of exclusivity about it on as if the standards starts and ends with itself. Thank God aklemalp pointed out Cricbuzz other day. Now with so many choices, one doesn't have to anchor it to itself desperately. And look at BCB:Tigers fb page. They don't make the slightest pretense of being stuck-up yet got so many likes.

I know I am being a negative Nelly, but sometimes truth had to be said.
Old September 1, 2016, 01:23 PM
Cricket Savant

But enjoyed Mash's quote though.
Old September 1, 2016, 02:57 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

The emotions exhibited while playing that match was to go out and enjoy....soak up the grandeur of the World Cup...A team united by the thousands of compatriots who have come to cheer them on...From an analytical POV, I think that Manuka Oval was the catalyst for the rise of BD's cricket(It was their Ed Sullivan Show)

Mashrafe, Shakib, Mushfiqur, all played their part in the match.//
Old September 1, 2016, 04:43 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Read the full article now. Good emotional read. Can't believe I was part of the journey from the 97 ICC trophy.

From hearing the commentaries in radio about journalist and expats moping the turn in Malaysia to now being pretty confident beating England. It has been one hell of a ride..

As Tamim said "even after losing 40 matches in a row, the 41st game was a packed house".. It can only happen in Bangladesh
Old September 1, 2016, 05:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Beautiful article.

Sad about Greenidge's departure when he fought for the players.
Old September 2, 2016, 08:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Red Sun is turning very hot and also heating up the brains of Shabbir and others, he was found boasting about chasing 400+ with ease if England reaches such figure in any match during the series.
I wish he rather said, we would make sure we score close to 350 in every match if batting first.

http://www.kalerkantho.com/print-edi...6/09/03/401242
Old September 3, 2016, 02:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Read the entire article now( almost 1/2 an hour it took me ).

The many false dawns....everytime there were signs of improvement, some kind of calamity would take place. These were frustrating: Gordon's axing, Aminul's axing as captain, no player from the east representing Pakistan, lack of 1st class structure prior to Test status,ICL purge.

Isam's analogy of a video game was spot on. You needed a hero with the light, Hatursinghe. Players taking up residences close the Shere Banlga stadium to avoid reporting late to practice. One word: Purpose.

It was a pleasure reading the article. time-traveling
Old September 3, 2016, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Red Sun is turning very hot and also heating up the brains of Shabbir and others, he was found boasting about chasing 400+ with ease if England reaches such figure in any match during the series.
I wish he rather said, we would make sure we score close to 350 in every match if batting first.

Don't see any point scoring 350 and not winning the match. Rather have the attitude to win regardless what the score is and that' s Hathurusingha taught the tigers and I like it
Old September 4, 2016, 07:59 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
plus Mohammad Ashraful, who dazzled once in a while before proceeding to frustrate followers again.
This was the only time the article mentioned ASH! Did not even mention how we pummeled current T20 Champions in our first encounter.

The article is like artificial sugar in coffee.
Old September 4, 2016, 09:54 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

khitkhita hoite chay nah but that sentence "India had hockey etc, Pakistan had music, squash but BD had no identity"....bothered me. Amader music ba culture ki kom naki?
Old September 4, 2016, 12:56 PM
Cricket Savant

Sorry for my earlier outburst.

Mufi, kano kabadi ache? Soccer football abahoni mohameddan ache. Shooting e bronze medal ache olympic. Ekhon Ananta Jalil ache. oitijjer obhabh koi
Old September 4, 2016, 01:12 PM
Cricket Savant

The title of the article is nostalgic.

Another striking thing in the article is Yusuf Pathan being paid $5000 just to play a single match in DPL...wow!!!

Red sun rising to me is Japan...land of the rising sun, moreover, there was a movie by that name starring Don "The Dragon" Wilson...which was action packed...mid 90s..going over to the neighbor* at night just to watch Jackie Chan, Don wilson, even Bruce Lee movies....

Apologies for going way off-topic

*my neighbor was the only household in the village to have a TV and VCR set.
Old September 4, 2016, 01:28 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Sorry for my earlier outburst.

Mufi, kano kabadi ache? Soccer football abahoni mohameddan ache. Shooting e bronze medal ache olympic. Ekhon Ananta Jalil ache. oitijjer obhabh koi
Shetai. Oidin dekhlam shundorbon e noton projatir khatash o paya geche..koto oittijjo amader.

As tao master kaku once said...hmm bhuila gesi.
Old September 4, 2016, 01:40 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
As tao master kaku once said...hmm bhuila gesi.
The only heroine in your life you need is.... in syringe?
Old September 8, 2016, 02:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World

I read the article and this is what he literally mentioned:

"We have players that can chase down 400+" --He is not necessarily talking about himself

I do not see this as a self-boasting but rather it is very good to see that he has good faith in his own abilities and his teammates which again very good to see
Old September 8, 2016, 02:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
I read the article and this is what he literally mentioned:

"We have players that can chase down 400+" --He is not necessarily talking about himself

I do not see this as a self-boasting but rather it is very good to see that he has good faith in his own abilities and his teammates which again very good to see
Yes yes, but this is the reality,

Green team 194 allout in 47.4 overs (Mushfiqur 90*, Nasir 47; Taskin 4/18, Mashrafe 2/14)

Red team 196/7 in 44.4 overs (Mahmudullah 62*, Mosaddek 35; Shafiul 3/18, Taijul 3/33)

Result: Red team won by 3 wickets