facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old September 25, 2016, 06:05 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 23,242
Default #neverchucked???

Did anyone else realize that Taskin's "remodelled" action is exactly the same as his old one?

I think this supports the theory that there was more going on during the Wt20 than we know. Why would the BCB appeal Taskin's ban and not Sunny's? I think there was stuff in the report the BCB and their lawyer saw that we don't know about.

Highly doubt Ajmal, Narine, etc came back back with identical actions to their old ones.

Unless of course Brisbane made some type of error in Taskin's favor...
__________________
Bangladesh: Our Dream, Our Joy, Our Team

#OneTeam1Dream
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old September 25, 2016, 06:11 PM
NoName's Avatar
NoName NoName is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: April 9, 2011
Location: Sauga
Posts: 8,053

Wasn't it just a specific delivery that looked like a chuck? The slower bouncer I think? I didn't watch the bowling innings but if he bowled that delivery it would be interesting to see how different it is now if at all.

Besides that, I don't see why he would change his entire action based on one delivery which he was forced to bowl in quick successions
__________________
"How the little piglets would grunt if they knew how the old boar suffered."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old September 25, 2016, 07:56 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 23,242

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Wasn't it just a specific delivery that looked like a chuck? The slower bouncer I think? I didn't watch the bowling innings but if he bowled that delivery it would be interesting to see how different it is now if at all.

Besides that, I don't see why he would change his entire action based on one delivery which he was forced to bowl in quick successions
We've heard bouncer and we've heard slower ball bouncer. Well he used the SBB once today, and it was his cleanest delivery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzvncsqSWPE

Here he is using it in teh 2015 WC match vs Scotland (at 4:00 mark), and it was also clean there.

I highly highly doubt his action on that one delivery changed in the 12 months between that match and him being reported last March.

On top of that all his other deliveries are identical to the match vs Netherland where he was first reported.
__________________
Bangladesh: Our Dream, Our Joy, Our Team

#OneTeam1Dream
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old September 25, 2016, 11:56 PM
jeesh jeesh is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 4, 2005
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Posts: 3,791

To be honest, there was nothing major wrong with his action anyway. The entire thing was a gaffe. Being called up for a delivery he didnt even bowl by a low profile umpire, when some of the best in the business saw nothing wrong in the past year.

There are so many with worse actions who no one will dare to question or bring up. Bumrah for example has a terrible action worth taking a look at. So many of Ashwins deliveries are dodgy.

Corruption of the game. They did the same nonsense with Kusal Perera-blatant error for which they were not least bit apologetic.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old September 26, 2016, 12:43 AM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 23,242

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
To be honest, there was nothing major wrong with his action anyway. The entire thing was a gaffe. Being called up for a delivery he didnt even bowl by a low profile umpire, when some of the best in the business saw nothing wrong in the past year.

There are so many with worse actions who no one will dare to question or bring up. Bumrah for example has a terrible action worth taking a look at. So many of Ashwins deliveries are dodgy.

Corruption of the game. They did the same nonsense with Kusal Perera-blatant error for which they were not least bit apologetic.
Bumrah actually has a clean action because he locks his elbow well before he even enters the delivery stride. Its ugly as heck but squeaky clean. I think Ishant and Umesh have actions that flex as much as Taskin's.

Here is Taskin in the game in which he was called vs today's match after being cleared:



and



As you can see, the action is carbon copy. So if its legal now, it was legal then and always. Taskin was reported as pure politics. Kind of like complaining about a visiting team's water breaks.

And here is Umesh Yadav with a similar degree of flexion:



Of course you'd never expect him to even get reported. But the Taskin's and Eranga's aren't so lucky.
__________________
Bangladesh: Our Dream, Our Joy, Our Team

#OneTeam1Dream
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old September 26, 2016, 02:45 PM
RazabQ's Avatar
RazabQ RazabQ is offline
Moderator
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 25, 2004
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 11,766

Bhaira, and bonra ... right now be glad that BCCI is NOT supporting 2-tier Test. That is a much bigger deal than the Taskin "chucking" controversy.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old September 26, 2016, 04:54 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 23,242

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Bhaira, and bonra ... right now be glad that BCCI is NOT supporting 2-tier Test. That is a much bigger deal than the Taskin "chucking" controversy.
True. But it was that hala Srini who proposed 2 tier to begin with.
__________________
Bangladesh: Our Dream, Our Joy, Our Team

#OneTeam1Dream
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old September 26, 2016, 05:11 PM
Mas_UK25's Avatar
Mas_UK25 Mas_UK25 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 15, 2015
Location: London, England, UK
Favorite Player: ATM - No One.
Posts: 4,721

Never chucked, all clean from since day 1. it was all SOME conspiracy
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old September 26, 2016, 07:49 PM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif
Posts: 17,055

^^Andre Russell...check his action, in slow motion.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old September 27, 2016, 07:52 AM
Austin 3:!6 Austin 3:!6 is offline
Banned for 3 months
 
Join Date: January 25, 2015
Location: London
Favorite Player: Sachin Tendulkar
Posts: 560

Not very sold on the accuracy of the testing method of Australian lab. I mean c'mmon, if tests conclude that Sunny's action is clear who is no less than a javelin thrower, something is very wrong with the testing methods. ICC must investigate on this and ask Australian lab to publish the details of the result.

Very suspicious
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old September 27, 2016, 07:57 AM
Anik SH's Avatar
Anik SH Anik SH is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 31, 2016
Location: Live in Dhaka (From Sylhet)
Favorite Player: Shabbir and Taskin.
Posts: 517

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin 3:!6
Not very sold on the accuracy of the testing method of Australian lab. I mean c'mmon, if tests conclude that Sunny's action is clear who is no less than a javelin thrower, something is very wrong with the testing methods. ICC must investigate on this and ask Australian lab to publish the details of the result.

Very suspicious
Hey (...), Sunny changed his action before the test.
__________________
"Hey you see me pictures crazy
Hey you are me not so pretty"

Last edited by Night_wolf; September 27, 2016 at 12:16 PM.. Reason: mod.edit: be respectful to other posters
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old September 27, 2016, 08:40 AM
5tonne 5tonne is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 26, 2014
Posts: 1,151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin 3:!6
Not very sold on the accuracy of the testing method of Australian lab. I mean c'mmon, if tests conclude that Sunny's action is clear who is no less than a javelin thrower, something is very wrong with the testing methods. ICC must investigate on this and ask Australian lab to publish the details of the result.

Very suspicious
I feel for you bro. Sad that no indian was in that Australian lab.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old September 27, 2016, 08:56 AM
Austin 3:!6 Austin 3:!6 is offline
Banned for 3 months
 
Join Date: January 25, 2015
Location: London
Favorite Player: Sachin Tendulkar
Posts: 560

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tonne
I feel for you bro. Sad that no indian was in that Australian lab.
LOL...what has India got to do with it? Sunny chucks blatantly and I am surprised he has been given a reprieve. Will be interesting to see him bowling action and how is his action.

As far as Taskin is concerned, come out of this victim mentality that BCCI banned him. With Taskin on your team we have beaten you in World Cup, both the games in Asia cup in your home. Suddenly BCCI got so scared of Taskin that they had decided to ban him before T20 WC?

The only game Taskin played well against us was on his debut game, the same match where Stuart Binny got 6/4. Lol

The reason we lost that 2015 series was due to mystery factro of Fizz and nothing to do with Taskin. The fact that BCCI did not put Taskin even on IPL auctions shows how seriously they take him.

Take my words, as an Indian the only bowler we respect from BD is Mustafizur. Do not see any of your other bowlers like Mash, Taskin, Shakib etc as threats. As they say in Bangla...all of them are Dudh bhaat bowlers and the quality of batting we have we can play them in our dreams with eyes closed.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old September 27, 2016, 09:10 AM
Mas_UK25's Avatar
Mas_UK25 Mas_UK25 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 15, 2015
Location: London, England, UK
Favorite Player: ATM - No One.
Posts: 4,721

Why don't mods just ban this indian troll? Do you see anyone else laughing all loud overhyped, thinking their point is 100% right, even if they say 2+2=5 - it's still right. like this joker?

This guy, comes here only to have a poke/dig, troll BD fans. Am sure mods are noting this.

It's one thing having a little friendly banter, but he goes too far, and little does he know how pathetic he sounds with his blind ultra-nationalism (he shows here and maybe everywhere too). He has nothing to add, constructively, nor has any sort humility.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old September 27, 2016, 09:21 AM
Austin 3:!6 Austin 3:!6 is offline
Banned for 3 months
 
Join Date: January 25, 2015
Location: London
Favorite Player: Sachin Tendulkar
Posts: 560

^^^ Referring to your post # 8 "Never chucked, all clean from since day 1. it was all SOME conspiracy"

Wow...you have added so much constructive discussion. When I give you back, please ban him.

Hehe...as Mufi said in other thread...every contradicting view is not trolling.

Grow up...Joi Bangla
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old September 27, 2016, 09:23 AM
jeesh jeesh is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 4, 2005
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Posts: 3,791

Austin buddy, we are polite bunch here, we welcome and like to debate opposing views. But you are clearly not here for that. So kind request to take your intelligent arguments to ESPN Cricinfo comments section-you ll find more of your type there.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old September 27, 2016, 09:27 AM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Hashim Amla, Joe Root
Posts: 14,180

Taskin was clearly banned for his slower bouncer. Conspiracy or not, it is unfair because the umpire/ICC could have just told him to not bowl the Slower bouncer and every other delivery Taskin bowls is perfectly legal.

For Constructive criticism, We should compare the Slower bouncer of all other prominent international bowlers vs. Taskin pre-ban and post ban slower bouncer delivery. If all of them are found to be exactly identical, then surely it was an Error on the Umpire/ICC/Chennai Testing facilities part. Only then we can say that it was possibly a conspiracy.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old September 27, 2016, 09:54 AM
rezwansyed's Avatar
rezwansyed rezwansyed is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: November 8, 2008
Location: Sylhet
Favorite Player: Mash Lara Fizz Taskin TI
Posts: 525

Conspiracy or not, it was unfair to ban 2 of our main bowlers in the middle of the worldcup. They could've banned before or after the tournament. But why cripple us in the middle of a campaign? That was totally uncalled for. ICC guys are nothing more than a bunch of jokers.
__________________
Dio is God
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old September 27, 2016, 10:12 AM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Posts: 30,766

I just woke up, still groggy, looked at the hashtag and something else came in my mind...sigh
__________________
Ω
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old September 27, 2016, 11:53 AM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 23,242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin 3:!6
Not very sold on the accuracy of the testing method of Australian lab. I mean c'mmon, if tests conclude that Sunny's action is clear who is no less than a javelin thrower, something is very wrong with the testing methods. ICC must investigate on this and ask Australian lab to publish the details of the result.

Very suspicious
Not very sold on the accuracy of the testing method of Indian lab. I mean c'mmon, if tests conclude that Taskin's action is dirty who is no less than a beauty queen, something is very wrong with the testing methods. ICC must investigate on this and ask Indian lab to publish the details of the result.

Very suspicious
__________________
Bangladesh: Our Dream, Our Joy, Our Team

#OneTeam1Dream
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old September 27, 2016, 11:56 AM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 23,242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Taskin was clearly banned for his slower bouncer. Conspiracy or not, it is unfair because the umpire/ICC could have just told him to not bowl the Slower bouncer and every other delivery Taskin bowls is perfectly legal.

For Constructive criticism, We should compare the Slower bouncer of all other prominent international bowlers vs. Taskin pre-ban and post ban slower bouncer delivery. If all of them are found to be exactly identical, then surely it was an Error on the Umpire/ICC/Chennai Testing facilities part. Only then we can say that it was possibly a conspiracy.
His slower ball bouncer is and was always his cleanest delivery. If that was the ball in question, it was an excuse.

Taskin's slow ball bouncer is a back of the hand delivery...ie like a leg spinner. How many leg spinner's have been accused of chucking? Its always finger spinners (Offies and SLAs) because the leg spin action is easie to bowl without chucking. Ajmal, Narine, Ojha, Gazi, Williamson, Utsyeta...they are all finger spinners.
__________________
Bangladesh: Our Dream, Our Joy, Our Team

#OneTeam1Dream
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old September 27, 2016, 12:03 PM
horizon horizon is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: January 29, 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 1,797

All of us are armchair specialists . If the bowlers had a problem that could be detected in naked eye, that guy will be caught in domestic level. The fact that these bowlers are caught at international level, implies naked eye analysis can't get to them. Anyway, it's all up to you to believe ...
__________________
The best tennis ball cricketer ever ... is ...
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old September 27, 2016, 12:08 PM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif
Posts: 17,055

Ah...the irony with tests...and DRS...(oh sheet, I just mentioned the D-word )
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old September 27, 2016, 12:11 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 23,242

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon
All of us are armchair specialists . If the bowlers had a problem that could be detected in naked eye, that guy will be caught in domestic level. The fact that these bowlers are caught at international level, implies naked eye analysis can't get to them. Anyway, it's all up to you to believe ...
You'd think a guy who spent 6 months "remodelling" his action would have visibil changes to his action. I mean Mashrafe has had noticeble changes in his action due to injury and age, and he never spent 6 months working with coaches to remodel his action. Plenty of bowlers have changes to their action without being reported. Shahadat went from a slightly side on action to a very front on action without any "remodelling".
__________________
Bangladesh: Our Dream, Our Joy, Our Team

#OneTeam1Dream
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old September 27, 2016, 01:14 PM
horizon horizon is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: January 29, 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 1,797

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
You'd think a guy who spent 6 months "remodelling" his action would have visibil changes to his action. I mean Mashrafe has had noticeble changes in his action due to injury and age, and he never spent 6 months working with coaches to remodel his action. Plenty of bowlers have changes to their action without being reported. Shahadat went from a slightly side on action to a very front on action without any "remodelling".
That's what precisely my point was. If it required a visible change to get back to a legal action, then he would have been called in Domestic cricket.
__________________
The best tennis ball cricketer ever ... is ...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket