facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 12, 2004, 01:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Default American beheaded in Iraq

Just watched the full uncensored video. Oh my god it's shocking. I don't have words to describe it. I can't believe this is what people do in the name of Islam. Anyone else seen it?
Old May 12, 2004, 01:40 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

The screams I heard in the censored video was enough for me. I almost puked right there.
Old May 12, 2004, 02:05 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

This is absolutely unbelievable.These people use Islam to conceal their vicious aims. The only difference between the Bush gang and AL QAEDA is that the killing session was relayed on the internet. We don't know what is US hiding or has hidden so far.
Old May 12, 2004, 02:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Right reverse swing. The worst part is, they kept saying Allahu Akbar till the head completely came off the body. I won't have felt that bad if they simply kept their mouth shut.
Old May 12, 2004, 02:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Well, this will definitely be used as an excuse for a long time.
Old May 12, 2004, 03:32 PM
ODI Cricketer

Someone sent me the video link ..... it was barbaric ..... simply no regard for human life!!!!!
Old May 12, 2004, 04:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by WI2debone
Someone sent me the video link ..... it was barbaric ..... simply no regard for human life!!!!!
A little bit of advice! You don't want to see that

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by rassel]
Old May 12, 2004, 04:24 PM
Cricket Legend

I've seen worse actually
Old May 12, 2004, 05:36 PM
Cricket Legend

people are basically animals, they just pretend not to be most of the time. if you videotaped some of the atrocities that went on around the world only this morning, it would make for pretty grim footage. I don't even want to see that video. Today there are more sinister pictures of the prison abuse that have been released. I feel like we are in a time warp and what was a somewhat sane and normal world has been turned upside down for all of us.
Old May 12, 2004, 10:05 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

A good number of human beings are simply barbaric. What they did to Berg was inhuman and the only justice would be an even worse death to those five killers. In fact, their punishment should be worse for bringing Islam down with them.

As far as the Iraqi prison abuse, the GIs will prolly be court marshalled.

When is the muslim world going to wake up and take care of the filth amongst us? We do not have any leadership at all. It's hard to say that Islam is the religion of peace when these killers chant Allahu Akbar while they kill (saw off rather) an unarmed man with his hand tied behind his back. more on Berg

Anyways, this is the election year in the US so there will be more dirt surfacing in the US media in the next few months.
Old May 12, 2004, 10:13 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
When is the muslim world going to wake up and take care of the filth amongst us? We do not have any leadership at all.
Won't happen dude. Not only are there too many apologists and too much of the finger pointing/assign the blame elsewhere type mentality amongst us, but what you suggest implies reform. Reform and Islam? You know these two words cannot be uttered in the same sentence!
Old May 12, 2004, 10:19 PM
Cricket Legend

I don't think it's a problem of the muslim world as a whole.

And you cannot reform religions.

Also, Berg is not the first man to be killed like that. Just because its shown on TV doesn't mean this hasn't happened before.
Old May 12, 2004, 10:25 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
I don't think it's a problem of the muslim world as a whole.
The muslim world isn't devoid of its own problems either.. I just don't see much being done about it internally.
Quote:
And you cannot reform religions.
No, but you can reform its structure, practices etc. E.g. in Indonesia their head mullah has deemed suicide bombing has haram.
Quote:
Also, Berg is not the first man to be killed like that. Just because its shown on TV doesn't mean this hasn't happened before.
It just makes it easier to publicise... Look, 25 prisoners have died in US custody. I'm assuming they had a similar fate as the unfortunate Berg. But just because it's happened before, doesn't make it right.
Old May 12, 2004, 10:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Well, it's definitely not right.

But you can think of it as "collateral damage." Or to use the capitalist term: a "negative externality".

The murderers have taken FULL RESPONSIBILITY for their crime, just like Rumsfeld. What more do you want?
Old May 12, 2004, 10:40 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
The murderers have taken FULL RESPONSIBILITY for their crime, just like Rumsfeld. What more do you want?
What? Is that supposed to be tongue in cheek?
Old May 12, 2004, 10:52 PM
Cricket Legend

damn, forgot my sarcasm green.
Old May 12, 2004, 10:58 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

amar bhoi holo - jodi cheleta amader desher koshai der haat e porto tahole beparta kemon hoto bhebe dekho. Amader 'bhaiya'ra OBL er trained army ke lojja dibey.
Old May 12, 2004, 11:03 PM
Cricket Legend

OK time to clear the decks, looks like another farnab tussle brewing. one thing though - religion can be reformed and always has been through history. very slow but possible. it's not so much that religion needs to be reformed here, the religion may be fine as it is, it is more the illegal hijacking and misinterpretation of it by the ultra righteous few who think they are the many.
Old May 13, 2004, 08:33 AM
First Class Cricketer

This thread makes a point clear that we still have the sense of right and wrong. It is encouraging to see that muslims come out and critisize other muslims babaric actions. I feel numb to see that anybody can believe that this is a way to serve god.
Old May 13, 2004, 08:43 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by fab

The muslim world isn't devoid of its own problems either.. I just don't see much being done about it internally.
Reform has to come from the bottom level. Mullah's will not encourage reform ever. When people start to see the brutality,ignorence in their own shadow and take corrective measure collectively that appear as reform. I can see it happening slowly.
Old May 13, 2004, 09:46 AM
Cricket Legend

For those of you who have watched the full video, have you wondered how come there is no blood at all in the video? There was not a single drop of blood seen in the video. Even the guy who ran the knife, didn't have blood in his hands. I heard Berg's screams, so I doubt he was dead already. But how come he wasn't throwing his arms and legs around, and how come there was no blood gushing?
Old May 13, 2004, 11:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by sage
This thread makes a point clear that we still have the sense of right and wrong. It is encouraging to see that muslims come out and critisize other muslims babaric actions. I feel numb to see that anybody can believe that this is a way to serve god.

I disagree. The problem with the whole shebang is that the good, obedient Muslim never speaks up out of fear. This allows a climate of tolerance for atrocious behavior. The ones who consider themselves the most religiously grounded will never ever come to this thread and say, "damn, that was bad thing". They will stay silent, and their silence speaks volumes.

CB, I didn't see the video but that could be a good point, where are you going with that, speak freely.
Old May 13, 2004, 11:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Carte Blanche
For those of you who have watched the full video, have you wondered how come there is no blood at all in the video? There was not a single drop of blood seen in the video. Even the guy who ran the knife, didn't have blood in his hands. I heard Berg's screams, so I doubt he was dead already. But how come he wasn't throwing his arms and legs around, and how come there was no blood gushing?

OOOH The plot thickens. Now I want to see the video. Carte man, you haven't read any holocaust revisionist books recently, have you?
Old May 13, 2004, 06:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Cart so you think he was dead before the beheading? (he certainly was killed since his body was found)
Old May 14, 2004, 12:09 AM
ODI Cricketer

[Edited on 6-9-2004 by Nascer]