facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old January 24, 2017, 02:13 PM
bujhee kom's Avatar
bujhee kom bujhee kom is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: June 27, 2007
Location: Dhaka Mental Hospital
Favorite Player: Mo Chowdhury MoC
Posts: 23,638

Yes, I will also take this opportunity to use this thread and name/list all the NYC biriyani restaurants where I ate and had massive stomach upset...

Please brothers and apus, do not got go eat at these joints...The proof is in me!
I just had mutton biriyani at this place on 39th street two hours ago and I had to run to the restroom 4 times already!
__________________
God bless Dianne Feinstein, Kamala Harris & Mitch Landrieu!
twitter.com/bujheekom
Reply With Quote

  #52  
Old January 24, 2017, 02:14 PM
bujhee kom's Avatar
bujhee kom bujhee kom is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: June 27, 2007
Location: Dhaka Mental Hospital
Favorite Player: Mo Chowdhury MoC
Posts: 23,638

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
Lol.. everyone gonna feed you Biryani hehe..
not sure how to respond to the request...
PM me if you come to London, and InshaAllah if I'm available for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
Kotha dilen to ?
Yes SportingBD and Shingara bhaiyas! Insh Allah very soon in a month or two!
__________________
God bless Dianne Feinstein, Kamala Harris & Mitch Landrieu!
twitter.com/bujheekom
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old January 24, 2017, 02:23 PM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif
Posts: 17,767

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
Why do they add eggs to Biryani? has it got any special flavour?

last Christmas went to this restaurant with work colleagues.. asked for a chicken Biryani...

In the top of the Biryani.. they put a egg... just don't like the mixture of eggs..
I have no idea. Probably just a finishing touch to it.

The egg just tasted like it was an egg minus any of the biryani flavors.
__________________
"Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love." - Rumi
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old January 24, 2017, 02:34 PM
SportingBD's Avatar
SportingBD SportingBD is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 20, 2016
Location: London, UK
Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful
Posts: 3,714

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
Please see

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...55#post1962855
Good idea. Shingara bhia is proposing a London Biriyani meetup

Not sure all the BC members living in UK will view that thread..(less people visit that section)

The India test series would be a good time....

I'm only turning up. If enough people from UK/London coming...otherwise nope..
__________________
The tongue is like a Lion. If you let it loose, it will wound someone - Imam Ali (R.A)
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old January 24, 2017, 02:44 PM
adamnsu adamnsu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: December 12, 2005
Location: Surrey
Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim
Posts: 8,152

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
I have no idea. Probably just a finishing touch to it.

The egg just tasted like it was an egg minus any of the biryani flavors.
The egg is just boiled. Its customary in Bangladesh in most places. I enjoy the egg, but I don't mind if its not there. The best thing with a biryani is borhani which a salty sweet spiced yoghurt drink. Its a better alternate to the Indian lassi.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old January 24, 2017, 03:00 PM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif
Posts: 17,767

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
The egg is just boiled. Its customary in Bangladesh in most places. I enjoy the egg, but I don't mind if its not there. The best thing with a biryani is borhani which a salty sweet spiced yoghurt drink. Its a better alternate to the Indian lassi.
Ohh that's how eggs and biryani are related lol...
Is this borhani a condiment that can be layered over the biryani?
Salty sweet to me is something like buttermilk or caramel...

I'll Google it to see for myself
__________________
"Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love." - Rumi
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old January 24, 2017, 03:14 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 30,188

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Yes SportingBD and Shingara bhaiyas! Insh Allah very soon in a month or two!
Ei Fazil,
Ami tho parcel ekhono pai nai. Jotthoshob. Hmmm!!! Next time tracking number agey diba.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old January 24, 2017, 03:28 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 30,188

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn9557UWUaU
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old January 24, 2017, 03:55 PM
adamnsu adamnsu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: December 12, 2005
Location: Surrey
Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim
Posts: 8,152

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Ohh that's how eggs and biryani are related lol...
Is this borhani a condiment that can be layered over the biryani?
Salty sweet to me is something like buttermilk or caramel...

I'll Google it to see for myself
You have borhani in a glass. Its more spicy and salty with a tinge of sweetness. It definitely is a condiment and enriches the whole biryani experience. Its almost a must in weddings even if a plilaf is served as the main course.

There is special borhani maasala that you can get these days. I heard some place sell bottled borhani.

There is a alternatives that you can try at home just to give you an idea.

Take some soft salty yoghurt and add some water to make it runny but not too watery. Add a tea spoon of ground jeera, half tea spoon of chilli powder and a small pinch of salt and sugar. Mix well. This is not really borhani but a distant alternative.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old January 24, 2017, 05:10 PM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif
Posts: 17,767

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
You have borhani in a glass. Its more spicy and salty with a tinge of sweetness. It definitely is a condiment and enriches the whole biryani experience. Its almost a must in weddings even if a plilaf is served as the main course.

There is special borhani maasala that you can get these days. I heard some place sell bottled borhani.

There is a alternatives that you can try at home just to give you an idea.

Take some soft salty yoghurt and add some water to make it runny but not too watery. Add a tea spoon of ground jeera, half tea spoon of chilli powder and a small pinch of salt and sugar. Mix well. This is not really borhani but a distant alternative.
This reminds me of something similar I had as a condiment for my Biryani at a Pakistan restaurant. I asked the owner what it is and he said that it was an Afghan kind sauce...didn't give me the name...

I loved it, lathering it on my biryani and walloping it down in record time...washed it down with some hard apple cider...man, that was delicious.


So maybe that's why it's connected to the pilaf also...central Asia origins

**it must be noted that I had the biryani at my house with that hard apple cider**
__________________
"Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love." - Rumi
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old January 24, 2017, 09:46 PM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 11,677

That adamnsu biriyani looked really good. Khida legey gelo.
__________________
vacant slot
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old January 24, 2017, 09:53 PM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is online now
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Hashim Amla, Joe Root
Posts: 14,296

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
This reminds me of something similar I had as a condiment for my Biryani at a Pakistan restaurant. I asked the owner what it is and he said that it was an Afghan kind sauce...didn't give me the name...

I loved it, lathering it on my biryani and walloping it down in record time...washed it down with some hard apple cider...man, that was delicious.


So maybe that's why it's connected to the pilaf also...central Asia origins

**it must be noted that I had the biryani at my house with that hard apple cider**
i think what you are talking about is raita. borhani is made differently but the taste of them is quite similar. my guess would be raita is missing a special kind of salt(In Bangla, we call it "Bit lobon", not sure about the english term) and the proportion of yoghurt is different. Note: Bengali Biriyani in general does not use raita
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old January 25, 2017, 03:36 AM
wtachetna wtachetna is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 22, 2016
Location: India
Favorite Player: Malinga
Posts: 54

I bet everybody will have watery mouth after seeing this biryani which I am going to have tonight.

__________________
Latest Sport News
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old January 25, 2017, 04:28 AM
Neel Here's Avatar
Neel Here Neel Here is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 17, 2009
Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara
Posts: 3,031

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
i think what you are talking about is raita. borhani is made differently but the taste of them is quite similar. my guess would be raita is missing a special kind of salt(In Bangla, we call it "Bit lobon", not sure about the english term) and the proportion of yoghurt is different. Note: Bengali Biriyani in general does not use raita
Rifat, bit lobon/bit nun is called black salt/kala namak in north India and I guess pak as well. it is used in raita.
__________________
Anything can be sacrificed for truth,
nothing is too valuable to sacrifice truth instead.
-- Swami Vivekananda
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old January 25, 2017, 05:29 AM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 11,677

Any good Biriyani places in San Francisco? or Santa Barbara?
__________________
vacant slot
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old January 25, 2017, 07:03 AM
adamnsu adamnsu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: December 12, 2005
Location: Surrey
Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim
Posts: 8,152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
That adamnsu biriyani looked really good. Khida legey gelo.
Thanks for the compliment. Once I was cooking at my friends house when I was staying in London for the first time. Next day the his neighbour knocked and asked for the recpie the next day
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old January 25, 2017, 09:48 AM
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Mominul Haque
Posts: 18,969

My wife planned to cook kachchi last night but ended up with Polau and Goat Rejala - tasted heavenly.
__________________
Humility is a strength, show it.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old January 25, 2017, 09:58 AM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif
Posts: 17,767

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
My wife planned to cook kachchi last night but ended up with Polau and Goat Rejala - tasted heavenly.
Comfort food at its best?

That's what it does to the mind...creates a heavenly feeling/aura
__________________
"Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love." - Rumi
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old January 25, 2017, 12:56 PM
Mas_UK25 Mas_UK25 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 15, 2015
Location: London, England, UK
Favorite Player: ATM - No One.
Posts: 5,110

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtachetna
I bet everybody will have watery mouth after seeing this biryani which I am going to have tonight.

Looks nice. But mouth isn't watery as much anymore, had so many kind of bored it. What's this one called?.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old January 25, 2017, 12:58 PM
Mas_UK25 Mas_UK25 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 15, 2015
Location: London, England, UK
Favorite Player: ATM - No One.
Posts: 5,110

Do people here prefer biryani alone or add curry to it?
I can eat it dry, need a chicken bhuna, curry. Last time had Biryani, had made a peshawri chicken karahi with it tasted awesome!
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old January 25, 2017, 01:16 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 30,188

Kacchi = Kacha = Raw.

Kacchi biriyani is not raw biriyani but has the color of raw (meat) and tender as mouth melting.

Key is to marinate the meat before hand for at least 20 minutes, cooking in slow burner, and not stirring at all while cooking. Goat meat pieces must be large. See the Youtube video I posted before. They half cook the rice as well before pouring it in the meat pan and sealing it.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old January 25, 2017, 01:19 PM
adamnsu adamnsu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: December 12, 2005
Location: Surrey
Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim
Posts: 8,152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Kacchi = Kacha = Raw.

Kacchi biriyani is not raw biriyani but has the color of raw (meat) and tender as mouth melting.

Key is to marinate the meat before hand for at least 20 minutes, cooking in slow burner, and not stirring at all while cooking. Goat meat pieces must be large. See the Youtube video I posted before. They half cook the rice as well before pouring it in the meat pan and sealing it.
Ratio of meat to rice is 2:1
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old January 25, 2017, 01:19 PM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif
Posts: 17,767

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
Do people here prefer biryani alone or add curry to it?
I can eat it dry, need a chicken bhuna, curry. Last time had Biryani, had made a peshawri chicken karahi with it tasted awesome!
I do prefer adding curry. Sometimes I would add mango chutney.
__________________
"Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love." - Rumi
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old January 26, 2017, 03:26 PM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif
Posts: 17,767

Hmm, this Biryani thread is awfully quiet...like everyone had enough Biryani for their Dinner in the past 24 hours...hehe...

Belly full, eh?
__________________
"Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love." - Rumi
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old January 26, 2017, 03:28 PM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif
Posts: 17,767

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Ratio of meat to rice is 2:1
To be honest, by experience...I prefer more rice to my meat ratio.

3:1, 4:1.

I've been a rice lover all my life, hence my bias..
__________________
"Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love." - Rumi
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket