facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 2, 2017, 01:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful
Default CoA stops BCCI from serving notice to ICC to boycott Champions Trophy

Damn.

The BIG BOYS Thugs are in the house.

The process began when, at about 9am, Amitabh Choudhary, the acting BCCI secretary, phoned CoA chairman Vinod Rai to inform him that some BCCI members were keen to organise a conference call to discuss whether or not to send the ICC a legal notice. An hour later, former BCCI president Anurag Thakur weighed in, speaking to Rai and arguing in favour of the BCCI sending the notice. This was the first time, incidentally, that Thakur has spoken to the CoA since he was asked to step down as the BCCI president by the Supreme Court in January.

The conference call went ahead regardless, at the insistence of some members. According to one state association head in attendance, the entire process was fairly abrupt: some association heads received a SMS only an hour before the call started. The call itself lasted about 20 minutes. Choudhary, Anirudh Chaudhry (the BCCI treasurer), former board president N Srinivasan and Anand Jaiswal (Vidarbha Cricket Association president) were among the 12 members present on the call.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/co...ml?CMP=OTC-RSS

I'm all in favour for India pulling out Make this tournament corruption FREE!

Old May 2, 2017, 03:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Looks like there's going to be a massive bust-up between the CoA and Srinivasan's henchmen. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.
Old May 3, 2017, 12:42 PM

Even if CoA stops them now, CoA won't be there after a year and BCCI can pull out any time. So, pull out is a certainty now, just when is the question.
Old May 3, 2017, 01:22 PM
Cricket Legend

I totally get why they are pissed off but how does pulling out from World Events helps them and their players/fans in anyway? At the end of the day, fans are your market. Without your fans, you are nothing in this type of business. I can't see an 8-10 month IPL type of league pulling in fans/crowds like the national team does over a long of a period of time.

IPL is fun to watch but after 2 months, it gets super boring in my honest personal opinion. Team India needs ICC just like how ICC needs team India. If India backs out, it would definitely suck for their players and fans. Especially the players, they go through so much to represent their country only to get stuck in this money issue that the board is having with ICC at the end of the day.
Old May 3, 2017, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
I totally get why they are pissed off but how does pulling out from World Events helps them and their players/fans in anyway? At the end of the day, fans are your market. Without your fans, you are nothing in this type of business. I can't see an 8-10 month IPL type of league pulling in fans/crowds like the national team does over a long of a period of time.

IPL is fun to watch but after 2 months, it gets super boring in my honest personal opinion. Team India needs ICC just like how ICC needs team India. If India backs out, it would definitely suck for their players and fans. Especially the players, they go through so much to represent their country only to get stuck in this money issue that the board is having with ICC at the end of the day.
It's tough to argue on this. In that case, if ICC offers BCCI 0%, then also BCCI should participate? everyone should settle for fairness and equality. The rest of the logic remains the same. Then if this original deal was unfair to the others, then why this deal is fair? Or what is fair to be more precise? Unless ICC comes up with a formula and not a number, there's no point.

Whether BCCI will plan to go for a 6-month IPL or a parallel ICC, that's another matter. I don't think they have a plan and currently are acting out of ego only.

I am hopeful that the tussle will result in a few more Indians to other sports. As BCCI is a monopoly in world cricket, they are the same in Indian sports arena.
Old May 3, 2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon
if ICC offers BCCI 0%, then also BCCI should participate? everyone should settle for fairness and equality.
With the notion of fairness and equality, doesn't ICC's offer of $390 million to BCCI looks a fair one to you? If not, what might be the fair offer? CoA's offer of $445 million?

I am not a fan of dirty politics, though I believe BCCI should get it's fair share and ICC and BCCI should make a deal for the greater good of the game ...
Old May 3, 2017, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
With the notion of fairness and equality, doesn't ICC's offer of $390 million to BCCI looks a fair one to you? If not, what might be the fair offer? CoA's offer of $445 million?

I am not a fan of dirty politics, though I believe BCCI should get it's fair share and ICC and BCCI should make a deal for the greater good of the game ...
If you split the entire money into three part and give each of those three in three reasons - contribution, equality, and need. And then put a % factor in each bucket and distribute accordingly. The need bucket should look at other incomes, existing facilities and cost of those things. The contribution bucket is the discussed one. And one-third should get just divided equally. This is a hypothetical formula I could propose. It could fetch more than the amount BCCI is claiming, or less. I want to see the formula and not an amount to agree to an offer being fair.

In the current distribution, there are unfair deals. Just to remind you, the Associates are anyway parked at the corner while full members (esp Zimbabwe) fight for more money. That's unfair too, isn't it? I don't even think Zimbabwe should get any penny more than Ireland and Afghanistan.
Old May 3, 2017, 07:36 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Where was the outrage about fairness and equality from the indians when Srini shoved "Big 3 proposal" down the throat of smaller boards? It all feels like an Amry general coming to power by a coup is complaining about the unfairness and dictatorial characterisitics of a counter coup.
In my opinion for ICC tournaments ICC governing body should decide how the funds are split and spent. For Bilaterals it should be the boards that should decide and keep aside a portion for ICC. Out of the funds ICC gets it should split funds into development, marketing and organization of tournament buckets according to its own rules. They can look to other sports bodies to see how the split is done. Brazil and Germany do they also get the lions share from FIFA? That would be interesting to know.
Old May 3, 2017, 07:44 PM
Cricket Guru

So in other words its BCB's fault and we're going to see suffer from 'cosmic consequences'
Old May 3, 2017, 08:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Interestingly Windies have a series with Afghanistan at the same time,and both will be unavailable.
Old May 3, 2017, 09:54 PM
Test Cricketer

Coa won't be there to save ICC's back for eternity. Let the real bcci administrators come back to their usual position and they will teach ICC especially Manohar and Giles their well deserved lesson.

BCCI's demand is logical no matter from where we look at it. They contribute above 70% and they r asking for only 20% in return which means they r sacrificing almost 50% for the betterment of the game. What else do we expect?

I wanna know which other boards have sacrificed this amount? I wanna know in terms of percentage how much do boards like ECB and CA contribute and how much they r getting in return according to current financial model?
Old May 3, 2017, 10:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Excuse me sir,Eclipse,which holy book is that written from sir.
Old May 3, 2017, 10:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon
It's tough to argue on this. In that case, if ICC offers BCCI 0%, then also BCCI should participate? everyone should settle for fairness and equality.
In my personal opinion, ICC should agree to the 440M that BCCI is asking for. Its fair in my opinion. BCCI brings in the large sum of money so why not just agree to the 440M that India wanted instead of that 500+M that was originally stated.

Either way, the longer this continues, the more it will hurt both the ICC and BCCI in the long run. Neither can survive without each other for too long so just agree to the damn deal and get on with it.
Old May 3, 2017, 10:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Coa won't be there to save ICC's back for eternity. Let the real bcci administrators come back to their usual position and they will teach ICC especially Manohar and Giles their well deserved lesson.

BCCI's demand is logical no matter from where we look at it. They contribute above 70% and they r asking for only 20% in return which means they r sacrificing almost 50% for the betterment of the game. What else do we expect?

I wanna know which other boards have sacrificed this amount? I wanna know in terms of percentage how much do boards like ECB and CA contribute and how much they r getting in return according to current financial model?
Why is a "bangladeshi" so concerned with the BCCI exacting revenge on the ICC and by extension the BCB.

You are a bangladeshi, but you haven't ever posted anything in suppport of bangladesh or bangladeshi players. A "fan" is by definition partial and biased towards the players. We are not talking about morality or history or politics, just cricket.

You probably also think Taskin was chucking, right?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 3, 2017, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
In my personal opinion, ICC should agree to the 440M that BCCI is asking for. Its fair in my opinion. BCCI brings in the large sum of money so why not just agree to the 440M that India wanted instead of that 500+M that was originally stated.

Either way, the longer this continues, the more it will hurt both the ICC and BCCI in the long run. Neither can survive without each other for too long so just agree to the damn deal and get on with it.
What will you do if they ask for more in 2023?

FYI, Zimbabwe is getting bailed out or helped in their corruption -
http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news...aises-eyebrows
Old May 4, 2017, 03:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Why is a "bangladeshi" so concerned with the BCCI exacting revenge on the ICC and by extension the BCB.

You are a bangladeshi, but you haven't ever posted anything in suppport of bangladesh or bangladeshi players. A "fan" is by definition partial and biased towards the players. We are not talking about morality or history or politics, just cricket.

You have just removed his mask off.
Old May 4, 2017, 04:23 AM
Banned for 3 months

Favorite Player: Sachin Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Where was the outrage about fairness and equality from the indians when Srini shoved "Big 3 proposal" down the throat of smaller boards? It all feels like an Amry general coming to power by a coup is complaining about the unfairness and dictatorial characterisitics of a counter coup.
In my opinion for ICC tournaments ICC governing body should decide how the funds are split and spent. For Bilaterals it should be the boards that should decide and keep aside a portion for ICC. Out of the funds ICC gets it should split funds into development, marketing and organization of tournament buckets according to its own rules. They can look to other sports bodies to see how the split is done. Brazil and Germany do they also get the lions share from FIFA? That would be interesting to know.
You are still not getting the point. Its not about whether ICC governing body should decide how funds are distributed but how will ICC get the funds in 1st place without India? What part of it you are not understanding that India generates more than 80% revenue for ICC? why should they get only 10% of the profit?

With the news of India pulling out, ICC official broadcaster Star India already wrote a stern letter to ICC that without India this tournament in meaningless. If Star pulls out which is very likely bcoz they will go for loss without India participation,who will broadcast it? Your GaziTV? PTV Sports? LMAO

Even PCB needed an Indian broadcaster to host PSL. LOL

Meet our demands....ELSE.....
Old May 4, 2017, 04:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
You have just removed his mask off.
Someone who is repeatedly alleged for hiding his true identity won`t give such biased statement unless he is intentionally doing to take our attention.
My take is he is a bangladeshi trying to make us and to get attention in an unhealthy manner.

How about this news.. IF india boycott champions trophy they won`t be able to play other ICC events till 2022?

http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/ar...A6%AA%E0%A6%93
Old May 4, 2017, 04:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin 3:!6
You are still not getting the point. Its not about whether ICC governing body should decide how funds are distributed but how will ICC get the funds in 1st place without India? What part of it you are not understanding that India generates more than 80% revenue for ICC? why should they get only 10% of the profit?

With the news of India pulling out, ICC official broadcaster Star India already wrote a stern letter to ICC that without India this tournament in meaningless. If Star pulls out which is very likely bcoz they will go for loss without India participation,who will broadcast it? Your GaziTV? PTV Sports? LMAO

or else what?? an NRI person like you will start crying??? If your India is so great how come you dont even live there???
Old May 4, 2017, 04:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReZ_1
Someone who is repeatedly alleged for hiding his true identity won`t give such biased statement unless he is intentionally doing to take our attention.
My take is he is a bangladeshi trying to make us and to get attention in an unhealthy manner.

How about this news.. IF india boycott champions trophy they won`t be able to play other ICC events till 2022?

http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/ar...A6%AA%E0%A6%93
Even if he is Sadanese makes no difference to me. But you might be right on him being Bangladeshi. Maybe his ADHD has been a trauma of his childhood where his main focal people have been too hard on him from a young age.
Old May 4, 2017, 04:55 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

Without India the quality of all the ICC events will go down to such a low level that even aussie or English supporters won't bother watching it.

If bcci's demands were illegal or illogical I would've been the first person to voice my opinion against it.

But it's needless to say that BCCI is correct here while all the other 9 boards r trying to gang up on BCCI by exploiting bcci's current weak position. There shouldn’t be any doubt about the fact that It's a PLOY by ECB and CA to regain their POWER by creating division among the Asian boards.
Old May 4, 2017, 04:59 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:

like we are the one who needs to meet your demand

r kono jayga na peye aikhane aise faka kolsi bajay, no shame
Old May 4, 2017, 05:06 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan

U r right buddy. I shouldn't have shown that much enthusiasm in my earlier post.

But my point still stands. No logical formula has been used behind the current financial division.

It feels as if BCCI is getting penalized for being a competent board and they r somehow getting forced to sort out the mess of other incompetent corrupt boards.

Let me tell u one thing though. The amount of money that ICC is planning to give to boards like ZCB will have no positive effect on the overall cricket condition of ZCB since most of that amount will go to the pocket of its CORRUPT board officials.
Old May 4, 2017, 05:14 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
like we are the one who needs to meet your demand

r kono jayga na peye aikhane aise faka kolsi bajay, no shame

We r somewhat responsible for the current mess bro. If we had supported bcci then it would've influenced boards like WICB or SLCB not to vote in favor of the proposal.

If I m not wrong BCCI needed only 3 votes in favor of them to stop the proposed financial model.
Old May 4, 2017, 05:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Without India the quality of all the ICC events will go down to such a low level that even aussie or English supporters won't bother watching it.

If bcci's demands were illegal or illogical I would've been the first person to voice my opinion against it.

But it's needless to say that BCCI is correct here while all the other 9 boards r trying to gang up on BCCI by exploiting bcci's current weak position. There shouldn’t be any doubt about the fact that It's a PLOY by ECB and CA to regain their POWER by creating division among the Asian boards.
You seem to know alot about Indian, English and Aussies supporters mind. English supporters will not care the least if India compete or not as they are only concerned how Englad will fare in the competition.

And you think BCCI is a innocent board?? they have been trying so many ways to demote Bangladesh cricket...where did you voice your concerns then????

Also all this power given to India in the sport is killing the game IMO. Especially when it was run by a crooked person like Srini.

I am for ECB and CricAus to curbing India's power on the other hand.