facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 12, 2017, 05:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Default Why is Sabbir batting at no. 3?

Just why? He isn't a proper top order batsman. Doesn't have the temperament neither the technical prowess to play swing.

He should be lower down the order as an accelerator and not someone like mosaddek

Old May 12, 2017, 05:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

He just scored a century at number 3 btw, ike 2 days ago, and check that scorecard, if he scores we score 300+ simple. Not supporting his shot today but he needs to learn as well.
Old May 12, 2017, 05:37 AM
Test Cricketer

And he Should stick to batting at number 3, he has been successful in this position, one failure doesn't change that. His talent will flourish in this position with time
Old May 12, 2017, 05:52 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
He just scored a century at number 3 btw, ike 2 days ago, and check that scorecard, if he scores we score 300+ simple. Not supporting his shot today but he needs to learn as well.
giving too much importance to a practice match scorecard?

Anyway, he is not a top order material. Never will be.

Should be slotted back at no.7 .
Old May 12, 2017, 05:59 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
And he Should stick to batting at number 3, he has been successful in this position, one failure doesn't change that. His talent will flourish in this position with time
In what world?

His career avg is 27.77

When batting at no. 3 his avg remains pretty much the same 27.33.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...;type=allround

Thats your definition of being successful?

This numbers looks somewhat decent for a no.7 considering his SR. And thats where he should be.
Old May 12, 2017, 06:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
He hasn't though, on T20s, not in other formats

It's ridiculous to put him at 3 and leave imrul out of the team

Tamim
Sarkar
Imrul
With sabbir at 6

Is much stronger than

Tamim
Sarkar
Sabbir
With mossadek at 6

Old May 12, 2017, 06:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
He has a magnificent average of 27 in the era of flat tracks.
Old May 12, 2017, 06:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Because hes flashy and plays "sexy" shots lmao..
Old May 12, 2017, 08:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Sabbir is not an option at no. 3. Not even Anamul. We need to look at maybe Shanto or someone else.
Old May 12, 2017, 08:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Switch positions with Mossad
Old May 12, 2017, 08:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Worst decision. You put your most consistent and stable batsman at 3. That is not sabbir
Old May 12, 2017, 08:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Against vastly inferior opposition
Old May 12, 2017, 09:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
But will you play him in a green wicket up top when you know he has worse technical prowess than Anamul? And we know how good Anamul is against moving ball
Old May 12, 2017, 09:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Anamul is not option at no. 3 in seaming condition. He has footwork problem and tends to poke at balls.
Old May 12, 2017, 09:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
But will you play him in a green wicket up top when you know he has worse technical prowess than Anamul? And we know how good Anamul is against moving ball
Tbh, I think the exact opposite, I think Shabbir has one of the best technique in Bangladesh team. He has scored runs everywhere. The only problem he has is he gets out after he gets those starts, his problem is not technique but temperment. He wanted to force the score today, mainly because of the high confidence he has from the warm up match. If he was a bit watchful earlier on then he wouldn't have played this shot. I know I am starting to defend the shot, but look he has to learn, the only way is if you give him that opportunity. You gotta be patient, I think we have been spoilt by instant successes of some of the players recently but what I prefer is someone building his game and learning and honestly those instant successes can easily fade quicker than they arrive. Look at Tamim and Mushfique, Tamim averaged 19 even after 30 or so games. Look at his average now, gotta be patient!
Old May 12, 2017, 09:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodlum
Anamul is not option at no. 3 in seaming condition. He has footwork problem and tends to poke at balls.
I think you couldn't realize the sarcasm in my post
Old May 12, 2017, 09:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Tbh, I think the exact opposite, I think Shabbir has one of the best technique in Bangladesh team. He has scored runs everywhere. The only problem he has is he gets out after he gets those starts, his problem is not technique but temperment. He wanted to force the score today, mainly because of the high confidence he has from the warm up match. If he was a bit watchful earlier on then he wouldn't have played this shot. I know I am starting to defend the shot, but look he has to learn, the only way is if you give him that opportunity. You gotta be patient, I think we have been spoilt by instant successes of some of the players recently but what I prefer is someone building his game and learning. Look at Tamim and Mushfique, Tamim averaged 19 even after 30 or so games. Look at his average now, gotta be patient!
There is a difference between aesthetically pleasing technique and a good technique.

Most technique which are good on the eye are also good techniques. However, they don't always happen together. Now Sabbir has a good looking technique, but his technique is poor.

How can I tell you that?

1) He uses the sweep too much against a spinner. A quality batsman will not sweep the ball too often. Sweeping is best when the ball is down the leg, and also the batsman is set.

Now sabbir uses the sweep when new in the crews and also uses the sweep when the ball is turning away from him. He uses the sweep because he has limited confidence on his ability to play the turning ball.

2) Too much shuffiling in his trigger movement meaning his head is not still when the ball is being delivered.

4) Poor feet movement at a delivery bowled wide. Look at his dismissal in the 3rd ODI against lanka.

5) He doesn't have soft hands. He pokes at the ball hard and they always go the fielder. He also doesn't use a 45 degree defensive block for the following:
i) to steal a single
ii) In case of an edge the ball will be less likely to travel towards the slip.

These are just a few things I picked up on. I am sure a certified batting coach can give better input

He also cannot play vicious swing or turn.
Old May 12, 2017, 10:57 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

To kick start the innings I guess. A quickfire 50 put the innings in track. Opposition captain then has to go to plan C or D.
Old May 12, 2017, 11:01 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

I dont think he should be in the Test squad, and certainly not in the top order.

I would rather keep him as a power hitter in ODIs batting #6. Mosaddek can bat at 3.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 12, 2017, 03:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

rakhen miya!
Be patient on Sabbir.
Old May 12, 2017, 09:37 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

well I think this is how it works, Haturi wants a power hitter up at no.3. He is not looking for a stable top order batsman. He tried with Riyad first who was successful initially and then sort of faded away. So now he is using Sabbir. Sabbir is the kind of player who would unsettle the opponents on a given day. But he doesnt get great techniques and his temperament is severely messed up. So the likelihood of him firing consistently is very low. But hey, maybe Haturi doesnt mind that. He knows he has 3 experienced batsmen after him (Mushy-Shak-Riyad). So he is sort of having a laugh with Sabbir batting at no.3

Personally I believe Kayes and Mushy are better candidates and Mosaddek maybe a future candidate (NOT NOW). But maybe Kayes is reserved for opening because Soumya is still not settled there
Old May 12, 2017, 09:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

It's not about a power hitter it's about a player who can play as positively as possible in any situation, not many have that talent or the skills. Imo mushy has it and sabbir has played some knocks to show he has the ability but he hasn't got the consistency yet.

What teams want at 3 these days is a kohli type player, Ponting and sanga were in a similar vein but kohli I think does it even better.

That's why Pakistan are putting Babar alam at 3 despite not having the FC pedigree yet. Smith, Williamson, root. They all play positively but are not out and out power hitters, but they do have boundary hitting ability and that accelerating factor.
Old May 12, 2017, 10:57 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
Personally I believe Kayes and Mushy are better candidates and Mosaddek maybe a future candidate (NOT NOW). But maybe Kayes is reserved for opening because Soumya is still not settled there
If Sabbir is pushed down the order, the only candidate at No.3 has to be Mushfiqur. Imrul is considered as the backup opener since the selectors haven't picked any other opener in the squad.
Old May 12, 2017, 11:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Kaye's can play at 3, might've been picked as back up opener but he is a batsman and 3 is a top order spot as is opening. My issue with imrul is whether he should really be there, he's had a good few years in tests (though lately not as good), his ODI record combined with age and chances already given imo does not warrant a spot in the XI, maybe even the squad.
Old May 13, 2017, 12:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Kaye's can play at 3, might've been picked as back up opener but he is a batsman and 3 is a top order spot as is opening. My issue with imrul is whether he should really be there, he's had a good few years in tests (though lately not as good), his ODI record combined with age and chances already given imo does not warrant a spot in the XI, maybe even the squad.
The last time Soumya and Imrul played together was when Miraz wasn't in the team. At that time Sabbir batted at No.7. So if the team management thinks that Miraz won't be very effective as a bowler in English condition then they might play Imrul at No.3 and in that case, Soumya has to bowl some extra overs.