facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 31, 2017, 02:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman
Default Khaled Mahmud in critical condition

http://bdnews24.com/cricket/2017/07/...ical-condition

He is currently in the ICU of United Hospital. The article does not mention what he has been hospitalised for. Does anyone know?

Prayers for him and his family.

Old July 31, 2017, 03:44 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Very sad news. Hope Sujon makes it through.
Old July 31, 2017, 04:56 AM
Cricket Legend

No news yet on illness. Supposedly going to be taken to Singapore
Old July 31, 2017, 04:57 AM
Cricket Legend

BD Crickteam says brain stroke
Old July 31, 2017, 05:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Hope allah has mercy on his soul

If it is true, then it does not look to good for him(cricket director wise), this may be the last time we see him in the BCB setup.

If it is a brain stroke and he is in a coma, his brain has been deprived of oxygen, core areas for motility and speech may be dysfunctional.
Old July 31, 2017, 05:41 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mo Chowdhury MoC

Very sad news. Our prayers are with our dear Khaled Mahmud bhaiya!
May Allah bless him a quick and full recovery.
Old July 31, 2017, 07:49 AM
ODI Cricketer

Sad sad news...
The players love him and could confine in him. He also helped a lot of grass-root development by finding clubs for talented players.
Old July 31, 2017, 08:36 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

http://www.banglanews24.com/sports/n...591521.details
Old July 31, 2017, 08:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Hope he will get well soon..

But next time he need to remember not to get too excited with the cricketers.. getting old like we all are.. need to take care of the health..
Old July 31, 2017, 11:38 AM

Update:

খালেদ মাহমুদের শারীরিক অবস্থার বেশ উন্নতি হয়েছে। সকালে কৃত্রিম শ্বাস-প্রশ্বাস যন্ত্র খুলে নেওয়ার পর সারা দিনে আর সেটির প্রয়োজন পড়েনি। কোনো সমস্যা ধরা পড়েনি এমআরআইতেও। তবু ঝুঁকি এড়াতে আজ রাত ১১টায় এয়ার অ্যাম্বুলেন্সে করে সিঙ্গাপুর নিয়ে যাওয়া হচ্ছে জাতীয় দলের সাবেক অধিনায়ক ও বিসিবির পরিচালক মাহমুদকে।

http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/ar...A6%95%E0%A7%87
Old July 31, 2017, 11:46 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif

Prayers for the speedy revcovery of Khaled Mahmud
Old July 31, 2017, 12:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mo Chowdhury MoC

Thank you for the better news update, Kalpurush da!

I have some fond memories of our Khaled Mahmud bhaiya.
Back in the days, when I lost my job and I had a lot of time, and many of our BD A-team/under-19 team matches from SAF/Australia/Bahamas and Jamaica would not get updated or broadcasted on cricinfo, Mohammed Chowdhury (MoC) and I used to get match updates every half an hour on BC (staying up all night). And a few BC bhais and apus would stay on the match thread, like Tirth-er kaak....and every now an then would post, "BK, MoC, any more updates? Did you guys go to sleep already?"
MoC from Manchester and I would from NYC, we would get match updates by calling local stores next to the match grounds.

One time on a BD U-19 tour of Sri Lanka, Khaled Mahmud Shujan bhaiya was the team manager and was with the team. I searched his cell phone through BCB and called him in Colombo and Galle/Jafna. I would say I am zaved (not BK, hehehehe) calling from New York and disturbing you to get match updates for banglacricket.com. And he would be so nice to me, would call me as Zaved bhai and tell me that we (his team/BD/BKSP) have a bunch of good young prospects/talent in the pipeline (naming Naeem Islam and Nasir Hossain). The last time I called him after the last match and the team was eating at a Bangladeshi owned restaurant as a victory celebration last dinner together. He screamed in joy, "Arrey Zaved bhai, amra jitey gesi, pura series jitey gesi....apni New York-er shobikey boley din..likhey diin"! We won that U-19 series by 4-2 with one of the 7 matches being washed out. I remember a young man answered Khaled bhai's phone and I asked who he was and the very young voice said, I am Arafat Sunny and addressed me as uncle...hahhahah, and said, "Khaled sir-key dicchi, unar haatey mangsher baati, uni kahcchen"....! And I heard Khaled bhai's voice in the background yelling at someone, "Arrey tumi haddi niccho keno, goshto naow, aloo nao...!" Hahahaha! I will never ever forget those days and those memories. I always felt like an imposter, pretending to be writing articles, when I was updating our match threads here in BC.

I also updated matches by calling Akram Khan bhai and coach Sean Williams in Australia. If we needed match updates, I had no trouble finding people's cell number and hotel address/front desk number room number, even the bus they are riding and it's license plate number. I would always find small stores around the small grounds that our team would be playing and call the freakin store. And as long as they could see the the scoreboard of the ground and spell/pronounce our players' names, I would get match info...
I genuinely miss speaking with our dear Khaled Mahmud bhai.
May Allah bless bless his health.
Old July 31, 2017, 08:47 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Masrafi, Shakib, Tamim

May Allah help him. He will be in our prayers.
Old August 1, 2017, 02:30 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ziya

Am I the only one who doesn't like him ?
Old August 1, 2017, 07:13 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
Perhaps not but definitely you are the only one who lacks class and human decency as far as this thread is concerned.
Old August 1, 2017, 07:31 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom

Back in the days, when I lost my job and I had a lot of time, and many of our BD A-team/under-19 team matches from SAF/Australia/Bahamas and Jamaica would not get updated or broadcasted on cricinfo, Mohammed Chowdhury (MoC) and I used to get match updates every half an hour on BC (staying up all night). And a few BC bhais and apus would stay on the match thread, like Tirth-er kaak....and every now an then would post, "BK, MoC, any more updates? Did you guys go to sleep already?"
MoC from Manchester and I would from NYC, we would get match updates by calling local stores next to the match grounds.

One time on a BD U-19 tour of Sri Lanka, Khaled Mahmud Shujan bhaiya was the team manager and was with the team. I searched his cell phone through BCB and called him in Colombo and Galle/Jafna. I would say I am zaved (not BK, hehehehe) calling from New York and disturbing you to get match updates for banglacricket.com. And he would be so nice to me, would call me as Zaved bhai and tell me that we (his team/BD/BKSP) have a bunch of good young prospects/talent in the pipeline (naming Naeem Islam and Nasir Hossain). The last time I called him after the last match and the team was eating at a Bangladeshi owned restaurant as a victory celebration last dinner together. He screamed in joy, "Arrey Zaved bhai, amra jitey gesi, pura series jitey gesi....apni New York-er shobikey boley din..likhey diin"! We won that U-19 series by 4-2 with one of the 7 matches being washed out. I remember a young man answered Khaled bhai's phone and I asked who he was and the very young voice said, I am Arafat Sunny and addressed me as uncle...hahhahah, and said, "Khaled sir-key dicchi, unar haatey mangsher baati, uni kahcchen"....! And I heard Khaled bhai's voice in the background yelling at someone, "Arrey tumi haddi niccho keno, goshto naow, aloo nao...!" Hahahaha! I will never ever forget those days and those memories. I always felt like an imposter, pretending to be writing articles, when I was updating our match threads here in BC.

I also updated matches by calling Akram Khan bhai and coach Sean Williams in Australia. If we needed match updates, I had no trouble finding people's cell number and hotel address/front desk number room number, even the bus they are riding and it's license plate number. I would always find small stores around the small grounds that our team would be playing and call the freakin store. And as long as they could see the the scoreboard of the ground and spell/pronounce our players' names, I would get match info...
You are incredible, Zaved bhai.
Old August 1, 2017, 07:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Quote:
Don"t know what it is to do with liking or disliking... Our hearts are getting colder and our minds are getting judgemental
Old August 1, 2017, 11:24 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Health, wealth, and children. These are the tests we face. Do we remember Him when we have them and do we remember Him when He takes them away?
+++
May Sujon get well soon.
Old August 1, 2017, 12:55 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ziya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Perhaps not but definitely you are the only one who lacks class and human decency as far as this thread is concerned.
Don't get me wrong. Hope he gets better soon.
But, I don't like him for what he did with Al-Amin.
Old August 1, 2017, 03:18 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Jacques Kallis

it's amazing to know what length BK bro would go to just for score updates! #Respect!
Old August 1, 2017, 04:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Quote:

Thanks for sharing. The young generation will never know the pain of staying up all night just to get periodic score updates. And remember how our team used to do back then...?

Kudos to you for humanizing KM Sujon. I remember when he was retiring, everyone here at BC wanted him to be a manager, as he was great with all the players. Ah good old times.
Old August 1, 2017, 05:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Quote:
No one is getting you wrong - he is saying what everyone else is thinking. The man is fighting for his life and you want to share how you dont like him in this thread? Give us a break and go comment somewhere else - have some decency, for God sake!
Old August 1, 2017, 10:08 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz, Sabbir, Taskin

Quote:
This is not the thread to discuss that. Show some class.

May Sujon get well soon and recover quickly.
Old August 1, 2017, 10:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Like him or not, this guy has played a tremendous role in the progress of Bangladeshi cricket-as a player, as a captain, then as a coach/mentor for so many players, and even now his involvement in team management. For that he deserves everyones respect, thoughts and prayers. And the way the board, fans in general have reacted indicates the love they have for him. Hope you get well soon, the team needs you.
Old August 2, 2017, 06:20 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:

Good old days Zaved bHai. Still remember those sleepless nights when I used to look forward to match updates from you guys. Match thread in those days were so lively. Live telecasts nowadays has indeed taken a lot of fun out of BC. And also we have lost few key members as well